BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Once Upon A Time In Hollywood ($375 Million Worldwide Box Office)

+2
Rusty
WyldeMan
6 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Once Upon A Time In Hollywood ($375 Million Worldwide Box Office)  - Page 2 Empty Re: Once Upon A Time In Hollywood ($375 Million Worldwide Box Office)

Post by joey con carne 6/7/2018, 3:49 pm

What a good cast. I'm not interested in this film at all but I would watch it for the cast alone. Dakota Fanning is great and Luke Perry? Say whaaaat

This film might make Luke Perry relevant again.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Once Upon A Time In Hollywood ($375 Million Worldwide Box Office)  - Page 2 Empty Re: Once Upon A Time In Hollywood ($375 Million Worldwide Box Office)

Post by WyldeMan 6/7/2018, 3:56 pm

joey con carne wrote:What a good cast. I'm not interested in this film at all but I would watch it for the cast alone. Dakota Fanning is great and Luke Perry? Say whaaaat

This film might make Luke Perry relevant again.

Luke Perry has been a series regular on The CW's Archie adaptation Riverdale where he played Archie's father, so clearly he's riding that CW momentum right into a Tarantino film. Razz
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 6/8/2018, 3:31 pm

What a cast! There is an expectation now for this to be a really good movie. If this turns out to be better than The Hateful 8, I'll be really impressed.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 6/28/2018, 9:38 pm

First look, from the movie's FB page. Pitt's got an 80's Chuck Norris vibe going on.

Once Upon A Time In Hollywood ($375 Million Worldwide Box Office)  - Page 2 HbM19fE
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 8/7/2018, 4:04 am

Margot as Sharon Tate.

Once Upon A Time In Hollywood ($375 Million Worldwide Box Office)  - Page 2 M2bsUrm
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/7/2018, 6:48 am

Rusty wrote:Margot as Sharon Tate.

She looks far less pregnant than Sharon did at the time of her murder and regardless of that I still just see Margot. I'm disappointed in this first look. Sad
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 8/30/2018, 1:44 am

Dewey Crowe is the new Charles Manson

Quentin Tarantino has found his Charles Manson. The director’s upcoming film Once Upon a Time in Hollywood has cast Justified actor Damon Herriman as the cult leader who inspired the horrific Manson Family Murders of Sharon Tate in 1969.

https://www.indiewire.com/2018/08/quentin-tarantino-charles-manson-damon-herriman-once-upon-a-time-in-hollywood-1201998701/

Once Upon A Time In Hollywood ($375 Million Worldwide Box Office)  - Page 2 RVbdaPL
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/6/2018, 4:45 am

Rusty wrote:Dewey Crowe is the new Charles Manson

Quentin Tarantino has found his Charles Manson. The director’s upcoming film Once Upon a Time in Hollywood has cast Justified actor Damon Herriman as the cult leader who inspired the horrific Manson Family Murders of Sharon Tate in 1969.

With Herriman landing duel Manson roles I think it's gonna be interesting to watch him play the role across two very different time periods, with this film we'll get the Manson who still has his family and his control but on Mindhunter, we'll see the Manson who'd already spent more than a decade in a cage.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/7/2018, 9:16 am

Burt Reynolds Did Not Shoot His Final Role in Tarantino’s ‘Once Upon a Time in Hollywood’
Burt Reynolds, who died Thursday at Jupiter Medical Center in Florida at the age of 82, was unable to film his final movie role.

The actor was set to star in Quentin Tarantino's new movie Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, which is currently in production in Los Angeles and stars a massive ensemble cast that includes Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio and Margot Robbie. Reynolds was slated to begin shooting the role within weeks, a source told The Hollywood Reporter.

Tarantino's film is described by the director as "a story that takes place in Los Angeles in 1969, at the height of hippy Hollywood. The two lead characters are Rick Dalton (Leonardo DiCaprio), former star of a Western TV series, and his longtime stunt double Cliff Booth (Brad Pitt). Both are struggling to make it in a Hollywood they don’t recognize anymore. But Rick has a very famous next-door neighbor...Sharon Tate."

The movie would have seen Reynolds play George Spahn, who owned the ranch where Charles Manson and his followers lived.

"My uncle was looking forward to working with Quentin Tarantino, and the amazing cast that was assembled," Reynolds' niece Nancy Lee Hess said Thursday in a statement.

Reynolds, who earned an Oscar nomination for his role in P.T. Anderson's Boogie Nights (1997), starred in Adam Rifkin's 2017 drama The Last Movie Star, which was released through A24.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/7/2018, 9:18 am

That's disappointing, I hadn't seen a Reynold's film in years and was looking forward to his final role being an iconic one in a QT film and I wrongly had assumed he'd already filmed it. Crying or Very sad

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/29/2018, 6:18 am

Bruce Dern Replaces Burt Reynolds in Tarantino's Once Upon a Time
Once Upon A Time In Hollywood ($375 Million Worldwide Box Office)  - Page 2 Once-u10
Quentin Tarantino has found his replacement for Burt Reynolds in Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. Sadly, Reynolds, who passed away earlier this month, didn't get the chance to film his scenes in the Pulp Fiction director's latest. So, Tarantino was forced to turn elsewhere and he's tapped another 70s movie star in the form of Bruce Dern. This is a move that makes a great deal of sense, not only because Dern is, himself, a great actor, but because Dern and Reynolds were actually friends in real-life for years prior to the actor's passing.

Bruce Dern will play George Spahn, the real-life figure who housed Charles Manson and his followers at his ranch prior to their string of grisly murders. Spahn was nearly blind at the time and some of Manson's female followers aided him as part of the arrangement, even going so far as to sleep with him. Quentin Tarantino has a reverence for certain movie stars and Burt Reynolds certainly fit into that category, which is part of why he was cast in a movie that will see an old-school version of Hollywood in the late 1960s, just ahead of Reynolds' decade of dominance on the big screen.

With Bruce Dern, Quentin Tarantino has turned to another star who had fallen from grace only to have one heck of a revival in recent years. Dern worked with the director previously on Django Unchained, in a small capacity, and on The Hateful Eight, where he had a very meaty role. Dern also scored an Oscar nomination for his work in Nebraska a few years back and recently was featured in the crime drama White Boy Rick. Dern is currently filming the upcoming movie Remember Me but the producers managed to rearrange his schedule to accommodate what is needed for Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.

This serves as yet another great addition to an already stellar cast. The cast is led by Leonardo DiCaprio and Brad Pitt, playing a former TV series star and his stuntman respectively, with Margot Robbie on board as Sharon Tate. Other cast members include Lena Dunham, Al Pacino, Tim Roth, Kurt Russell, Dakota Fanning, Michael Madsen, James Marsden, Emile Hirsch, Timothy Olyphant, James Remar and Damian Lewis. It could prove to be the most impressive ensemble Tarantino has ever assembled, and that's saying something.

Dern and Reynolds previously appeared with one another on screen in projects such as 2003's Hallmark western Hard Ground, the 1999 TNT TV movie Hard Time: The Premonition and an episode of the classic Western series 12 O'Clock High in the 60s. Reynolds' passing was no doubt a big loss for Hollywood, but this seems to serve as a nice way for Quentin Tarantino to pay tribute to the legend. Once Upon a Time in Hollywood is set to arrive in theaters on July 26, 2019. This news was first reported by Deadline.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 3/13/2019, 1:25 pm

This poped up while I was on YouTube. lol Timothy is so chill, his Conan appearances are always entertaining.

UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/13/2019, 2:19 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:This poped up while I was on YouTube. lol Timothy is so chill, his Conan appearances are always entertaining.

That's cause he definitely smokes Cannabis, just like his character on Santa Clarita Diet. Cool

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 3/13/2019, 6:22 pm

WyldeMan wrote:
UltimateMarvel wrote:This poped up while I was on YouTube. lol Timothy is so chill, his Conan appearances are always entertaining.

That's cause he definitely smokes Cannabis, just like his character on Santa Clarita Diet. Cool

I could see that happening. lol Did he say that? Haven't seen him since Justified and that guy doesn't look like someone who smokes.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/13/2019, 8:11 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:I could see that happening. lol Did he say that? Haven't seen him since Justified and that guy doesn't look like someone who smokes.

We always recognize our own and the fact that he's always smiling that tipped me off and there's also this....

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 3/14/2019, 9:46 am

WyldeMan wrote:We always recognize our own and the fact that he's always smiling that tipped me off and there's also this....

Ah yes! I forgot about this. lol
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/20/2019, 7:00 am

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 3/20/2019, 4:38 pm

I haven’t been that hyped for this and I’m still not, but I liked the trailer
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 3/20/2019, 6:17 pm

I didn't think it would have this much comedy in it, looks great.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/20/2019, 6:46 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:I didn't think it would have this much comedy in it, looks great.

Tarantino movies are always darkly funny and crazy violent. Or did you forget the tone of Hateful Eight and Inglorious Basterds?

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 3/20/2019, 6:55 pm

That looks great. That Bruce Lee scene was funny.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 3/21/2019, 12:38 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:I didn't think it would have this much comedy in it, looks great.
Have you not seen any Tarantino movies?
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/21/2019, 6:55 am

Tyger wrote:

I think he's only seen the two I named and maybe Django.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 3/21/2019, 10:34 am

WyldeMan wrote:Tarantino movies are always darkly funny and crazy violent. Or did you forget the tone of Hateful Eight and Inglorious Basterds?

True. I guess I should have expected that.

WyldeMan wrote:
Tyger wrote:

I think he's only seen the two I named and maybe Django.

Only seen the 3 movies mentioned.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/21/2019, 1:32 pm

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 6/4/2019, 6:18 pm

I wonder if things like the WWII movie in the movie obviously being a reference to Inglourious Basterds will be the closest he will come to tying this into Tarantino's universe since this is set in the real world. Then again, since the main characters aren’t real people, maybe it’s not set in the real world after all.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 6/4/2019, 6:45 pm

Tyger wrote:I wonder if things like the WWII movie in the movie obviously being a reference to Inglourious Basterds will be the closest he will come to tying this into Tarantino's universe since this is set in the real world. Then again, since the main characters aren’t real people, maybe it’s not set in the real world after all.

Margot Robbie is playing Sharon Tate, so it is tied to the real world in some way.

Brad Pitt being a stunt guy, maybe he's somehow connected to Stuntman Mike from Deathproof.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 6/4/2019, 6:49 pm

Using Sharon Tate and other real people is what was making me think it’s set in the real world, but technically there are real people in Inglourious Basterds and that definitely doesn’t take place in the real world
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/1/2019, 7:46 am

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 7/25/2019, 10:10 pm

OK, I should have known better. Fucking loved it. Top 3 Tarantino for me.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 7/25/2019, 10:35 pm

Tyger wrote:OK, I should have known better. Fucking loved it. Top 3 Tarantino for me.

People seem to be loving it. It's getting great reviews..
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 7/25/2019, 11:10 pm

I had to see it immediately before it was spoiled, partly from details but mostly from hype. I had a lot of reservations going in so I was very pleasantly surprised.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/26/2019, 7:46 am

Tyger wrote:OK, I should have known better. Fucking loved it. Top 3 Tarantino for me.

Wow, really???? Shocked

How would this compare to Pulp Fiction in your opinion? 

I didn't even realize this was finally out, I'd been waiting for so long that the release date had completely escaped me.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 7/26/2019, 8:00 am

I’m the wrong person to ask, Pulp Fiction is low tier Tarantino for me. My top 3 are Inglourious Basterds, Reservoir Dogs and now OUATIH.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/26/2019, 8:07 am

Tyger wrote:I’m the wrong person to ask, Pulp Fiction is low tier Tarantino for me. My top 3 are Inglourious Basterds, Reservoir Dogs and now OUATIH.

Basterds is my least watched in Tarantino's catalog.

Reservoir Dogs though, I've seen more times than I could even guess.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 7/31/2019, 7:08 pm

Tyger wrote:I’m the wrong person to ask, Pulp Fiction is low tier Tarantino for me. My top 3 are Inglourious Basterds, Reservoir Dogs and now OUATIH.

I haven't seen the film, but I just watched the Half in the Bag review, and now I can't wait to see it.

Judging by the spoilers, if Inglorious Basterds is your fave Tarantino film, then I can understand why this would be up there for you. Sounds fantastic. Can't wait to watch it. Might even make it my once in 5 years theatre visit. The last movie I watched in a cinema was Tarantino's Hateful 8.

Here it is in case anyone here doesn't care about being spoiled:

Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/31/2019, 7:58 pm

Rusty wrote:Judging by the spoilers, if Inglorious Basterds is your fave Tarantino film, then I can understand why this would be up there for you. Sounds fantastic. Can't wait to watch it. Might even make it my once in 5 years theatre visit. The last movie I watched in a cinema was Tarantino's Hateful 8.

Now that you mention it, I think Hateful 8 was the last movie I saw in theaters too. It's been so long that I can't be sure but it sounds right. Crazy.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 8/1/2019, 6:50 am

It’s funny how they talk about all the dirty feet, my friend was like dude I think this has the most feet of any of his movies and they’re all dirty! and I was joking about how since Maya is in it, Tarantino and Uma must be on good terms again but she still probably told Maya “Whatever you do, don’t let him get your shoes off!”
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/1/2019, 9:00 am

Tyger wrote:It’s funny how they talk about all the dirty feet, my friend was like dude I think this has the most feet of any of his movies and they’re all dirty! and I was joking about how since Maya is in it, Tarantino and Uma must be on good terms again but she still probably told Maya “Whatever you do, don’t let him get your shoes off!”

It's good to know that Tarantino's weird foot fetish continues, it's a constant connecting thread in all of his movies. Speaking of which, did you happen to catch any easter eggs or connective tissues since all of his movies exist within the same alt world?

Are all the dirty feet because people are walking around barefoot on the streets or is he doing lots of dirty feet closeups of the family at the Spalding Ranch?

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 8/1/2019, 10:11 am

I was watching an interview with Leo, Brad and Margot and the dirty feet was mentioned there as well. I guess it's a thing in Tarantino movies, that's fucking weird.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/1/2019, 10:14 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:I was watching an interview with Leo, Brad and Margot and the dirty feet was mentioned there as well. I guess it's a thing in Tarantino movies, that's fucking weird.

Not dirty feet but Tarantino has always made sure to show closeups of women's feet in his movies, typically the camera was always focused on Uma Thurman's feet.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 8/1/2019, 10:18 am

No feet in Reservoir Dogs that I can recall

Since nothing spoils anything for you, there’s a really fun Red Apple cigarettes commercial in the credits

Most of the dirty feet are Manson girls which makes sense but Sharon Tate takes her shoes off in the theater and has dirty feet which perplexes me.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 8/1/2019, 10:20 am

WyldeMan wrote:Not dirty feet but Tarantino has always made sure to show closeups of women's feet in his movies, typically the camera was always focused on Uma Thurman's feet.

He must have had a thing for her.

Tyger wrote:Most of the dirty feet are Manson girls which makes sense but Sharon Tate takes her shoes off in the theater and has dirty feet which perplexes me.

The theater scene is the one they were talking about in the interview.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/1/2019, 1:34 pm

Tyger wrote:No feet in Reservoir Dogs that I can recall

Since nothing spoils anything for you, there’s a really fun Red Apple cigarettes commercial in the credits

Most of the dirty feet are Manson girls which makes sense but Sharon Tate takes her shoes off in the theater and has dirty feet which perplexes me.

There weren't any female leading roles in RD though so he couldn't film any lady feet.

Red Apple! Sweet. What about Big Kahuna? Or any name connections?

Maybe QT's fetish has evolved and clean feet no longer do it for him, he needs em dirty. Razz

UltimateMarvel wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:Not dirty feet but Tarantino has always made sure to show closeups of women's feet in his movies, typically the camera was always focused on Uma Thurman's feet.

He must have had a thing for her.

Tyger wrote:Most of the dirty feet are Manson girls which makes sense but Sharon Tate takes her shoes off in the theater and has dirty feet which perplexes me.

The theater scene is the one they were talking about in the interview.

QT was IN LOVE with Uma for years and years, so yeah that's a contributing factor for sure.

Clean feet or dirty feet, Robbie probably still looked good, right?

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 8/1/2019, 3:38 pm

No Big Kahuna

The New Beverly is in it, but not by that name of course.

I can’t recall any character names lining up, but there are subtle and not as subtle allusions to his other films

Can confirm, Robbie always looks good
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next