BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Avatar: The Way of Water (After $2 Billion Box Office Now Stands as Number 4 on the All Time List)

+3
detective392
ForeverBlu
WyldeMan
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Avatar: The Way of Water (After $2 Billion Box Office Now Stands as Number 4 on the All Time List) Empty Avatar: The Way of Water (After $2 Billion Box Office Now Stands as Number 4 on the All Time List)

Post by WyldeMan 4/15/2016, 9:49 pm

Avatar: The Way of Water (After $2 Billion Box Office Now Stands as Number 4 on the All Time List) Avatar10
James Cameron announced yet another sequel in his planned follow-up to “Avatar.”

Appearing onstage at ComicCon 2016 at 20th Century Fox, the prolific franchise director was introduced by studio co-CEO’s Stacey Snider and Jim Gianopulos where he dropped a full release schedule for the new films.

“Avatar 2” hits Christmas 2018,  followed by “Avatar 3” at Christmas 2020, “Avatar 4”  for Christmas 2022 and “Avatar 5” dated for Christmas 2023.

Cameron has been developing his followup films to his monstrous 2009 hit — which remains the highest grossing movie of all time worldwide (though “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” did dethrone “Avatar” from its record-breaking top spot domestically).

With every shift in the plan over the past three years, the scope of the series has mushroomed, with plans of a World of Pandora theme park, a touring Avatar-themed Cirque du Soleil show, and graphic novels also in the works.

The release date for “Avatar 2” has been pushed back twice before Cameron shared his slate of projected debut dates on Thursday. And with the addition of “Avatar 5” the vision has expanded even more.

It’s not yet clear whether Cameron and his Lightstorm Entertainment producing partner Jon Landau still intend to shoot the sequels at the same time in New Zealand.

Leads Sam Worthington and Zoe Saldana signed on for the trilogy in 2014, which is expected to pick up where the original left off. Cameron has indicated much of it may be set on a moon of the planet Pandora and underwater.

Last edited by WyldeMan on 1/28/2023, 8:13 pm; edited 11 times in total
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Avatar: The Way of Water (After $2 Billion Box Office Now Stands as Number 4 on the All Time List) Empty Re: Avatar: The Way of Water (After $2 Billion Box Office Now Stands as Number 4 on the All Time List)

Post by ForeverBlu 4/15/2016, 10:20 pm

Kill it with FIRE!

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Avatar: The Way of Water (After $2 Billion Box Office Now Stands as Number 4 on the All Time List) Empty Re: Avatar: The Way of Water (After $2 Billion Box Office Now Stands as Number 4 on the All Time List)

Post by detective392 4/17/2016, 11:39 am

Really looking forward to these as I love movies that take place underwater and knowing Cameron it's going to be a beautiful world.
detective392
detective392

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/17/2016, 12:52 pm

ForeverBlu wrote:Kill it with FIRE!

Before the SPAM multiplies!

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 4/17/2016, 2:28 pm

I really hate the idea of this. I hated Avatar and I don't understand why they would want more of that.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/17/2016, 4:55 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:I really hate the idea of this. I hated Avatar and I don't understand why they would want more of that.

Cameron has been developing his followup films to his monstrous 2009 hit — which remains the highest grossing movie of all time worldwide

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 4/17/2016, 7:59 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Cameron has been developing his followup films to his monstrous 2009 hit — which remains the highest grossing movie of all time worldwide
I remember reading there were some who went to see the movie 5+ times and there were even some who were depressed because they could not live on Pandora.

Last edited by joey con carne on 10/4/2017, 8:33 am; edited 3 times in total
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 4/17/2016, 8:55 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Cameron has been developing his followup films to his monstrous 2009 hit — which remains the highest grossing movie of all time worldwide

That just adds to the hatred I already have for it.

joey con carne wrote:I remember reading there were some who went to see the movie 5+ times and there were even some who were depressed because they could not live on Pandora.

I remember reading about this. lol! I worry for the future of humanity.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/17/2016, 8:56 pm

joey con carne wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:
Cameron has been developing his followup films to his monstrous 2009 hit — which remains the highest grossing movie of all time worldwide
I remember reading there were some who went to see the movie 5+ times and there were even some who were depressed because they could not live on Pandora.

I used to work with a guy who openly bragged that he'd seen Avatar in theaters 27 times.............he used to get super pissed when I told him Pandora was not really in his mother's basement where he actually lived.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 4/17/2016, 9:05 pm

Awesome. 4 more movies I know I'll never watch.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 4/17/2016, 9:14 pm

WyldeMan wrote:I used to work with a guy who openly bragged that he'd seen Avatar in theaters 27 times.............he used to get super pissed when I told him Pandora was not really in his mother's basement where he actually lived.

affraid 27 times? Poor guy, did you at least find him a therapist or something?
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/17/2016, 11:49 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:I used to work with a guy who openly bragged that he'd seen Avatar in theaters 27 times.............he used to get super pissed when I told him Pandora was not really in his mother's basement where he actually lived.

affraid 27 times? Poor guy, did you at least find him a therapist or something?

No, because when he wasn't in Pandora he was on LAN raiding parties in the World of Warcraft. He was one of those dirty metal heads who pounded energy drinks by the case, stank like he bathed annually and only ever wore one t-shirt Megadeth's Youthenasia the one with the babies hanging upside down on clotheslines. Also, he had an Umbrella Corp tattoo on his forearm right next to his Mario One Up tattoo and I can't forget the ponytail....he was profoundly unlikable and I had to work with him on a constant basis around the airplanes.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 4/18/2016, 6:46 am

This is a longshot but is there any chance you have a photograph? You can blur out the face. I feel like I need to see this.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/18/2016, 7:09 am

joey con carne wrote:This is a longshot but is there any chance you have a photograph? You can blur out the face. I feel like I need to see this.

No I do not collect pictures of male co-workers from a decade ago, lol. He used to have a website though for his Gargoyle pottery (not making that up either) but it appears he's since moved on from that business. After he got fired from my work in the airplane industry I saw him months later working at a Footlocker and his ponytail was gone. I think he's probably killed himself by now.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/22/2017, 7:35 am

‘Avatar’: The Next Four Installments Receive Release Dates - First in 2020
BREAKING: James Cameron is shooting the films concurrently and now the release dates have been pegged for the sequels the biggest box office hit of all time: Avatar, which took in $2.7B worldwide when it was released in 2009. 20th Century Fox’s plan has been to churn out sequel after sequel after Avatar 2 hits theaters every year and that’s what was announced on the Avatar Facebook page this AM as the Avatar team said production is underway. The first sequel will now be released on Dec. 18, 2020, followed by Dec. 17, 2021 and then three years later on Dec. 20, 2024 and then Dec. 19, 2025.

The first sequel was initially expected in December 2014, but it was bumped — again (to 2016) and then again. Then Cameron said last month that they wouldn’t meet the 2018 date. So three postponements later, we now have the official release dates (for now?). The last three films in the series were scheduled for 2020, 2022 and 2023 releases, so everything has been pushed back.

The films are underway from Lightstorm in New Zealand with Jon Landau and the cast of Zoe Saldana, Sam Worthington, Sigourney Weaver, and Stephen Lang all returning. The script was written by Cameron with Josh Friedman, Rick Jaffa & Amanda Silver, and Shane Salerno.

Will it be worth the wait? The director told Empire magazine three years ago: “I can tell you one thing about them: They’re gonna be bitchin.’ You will sh*t yourself with your mouth wide open.”

Here’s the Facebook post from early this AM:

Great to be working with the best team in the business! Avatar takes flight as we begin concurrent production on four sequels. The journey continues December 18, 2020, December 17, 2021, December 20, 2024 and December 19, 2025!
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/31/2017, 7:29 am

Weta Digital Underway On Four ‘Avatar’ Sequels
Weta Digital has announced that it has gotten underway on the four Avatar sequels that James Cameron will direct for Fox. The Wellington, New Zealand-based visual effects facility built by Peter Jackson to make The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit trilogies, takes on Cameron’s films after completing The Planet of the Apes trilogy for Fox.  Run by Senior Visual Effects Supervisor Joe Letteri, Weta Digital now embarks on the most ambitious — creatively and financially –project in movie history:  four sequels to Hollywood’s all-time top grossing film, pictures that will be made in sequence at an estimated collective cost exceeding $1 billion. The first film is expected in 2020. Cameron has postponed the start a couple times as he continues to push the technology barriers. To the point he bullishly said recently that he hoped audiences would be able to experience 3D without requiring special glasses by advancing the technology most notably used by Ang Lee in Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk.

“What Joe Letteri and Weta Digital bring to these stories is impossible to quantify,” said Cameron. “Since we made Avatar, Weta continued to prove themselves as doing the best CG animation, the most human, the most alive, the most photo-realistic effects in the world. And of course, that now means I can push them to take it even further.”

Said Avatar producer Jon Landau: “The depth of talent at Weta is impressive and the culture of excellence is one that matches how we do things at Lightstorm. We also know that these next films promise to be even more ambitious than the first film. And, we know from experience that when it comes to technical innovation Weta is peerless.”

Weta’s Joe Letteri has been preparing to bring to life Cameron’s vision of Pandora for a long time, and he said they relished the challenge. “Avatar is the ideal type of film for us. Jim’s vision for the world of Pandora was always so much bigger than what we created for the first film,” said Letteri. “Helping him expand the language of cinema through new narratives set in such an expansive universe is the type of opportunity that rarely comes along twice. Projects like this allow everyone involved to push themselves to do their best work and you can’t ask for anything more than that.”

Though it seems unusual that Hollywood would head clear across the globe for pioneering digital effects, Avatar continues an escalation of Weta Digital’s prowess in drawing the most visually ambitious big budget films on the drawing board. “The excitement at Weta around Avatar is obvious and the fact is that we have already been working on it for a number of years,” said Weta Digital Executive Producer David Conley. “During that period we have grown the company to a size and model that allows us to expand beyond any one project. This enables us to find a mix of other films that can help us grow along with Avatar, as is the case with Alita:Battle Angel, Marvel’s Infinity War and Mortal Engines, to name a few of the other films we are currently working on.”
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/11/2017, 8:30 am

Colonel Quaritch Is the Main Villain in Avatar 2 and Its Sequels

Avatar: The Way of Water (After $2 Billion Box Office Now Stands as Number 4 on the All Time List) Avatar10
Way back in October 2013, director James Cameron confirmed that Stephen Lang will return as Colonel Quaritch in all of his Avatar sequels. At the time, there were only three sequels, but now that there are four movies all moving forward, with production starting on September 25, the director revealed that his plans for Quaritch haven't changed, confirming he will be appearing in Avatar 2 through Avatar 5. Here's what the director had to say, revealing he plans to keep the same characters but introduce them to new settings and creatures.

"The interesting conceit of the Avatar sequels is it's pretty much the same characters. There are new characters and a lot of new settings and creatures, so I'm taking characters you know and putting them in unfamiliar places and moving them on this greater journey. But it's not a whole bunch of new characters every time. There's not a new villain every time, which is interesting. Same guy. Same motherfucker through all four movies. He is so good and he just gets better. I know Stephen Lang is gonna knock this out of the park."

Along with Stephen Lang, other confirmed cast members include returning stars such as Sam Worthington (Jake Sully), Zoe Saldana (Neytiri), Sigourney Weaver (Dr. Grace Augustine) and Joel David Moore (Norm Spellman), along with franchise newcomers Cliff Curtis (Tonowari) and Oona Chaplin (Varang). The process of scheduling the cast for four sequels that are shot simultaneously has been described by Stephen Lang himself as a "Mongolian clusterf--k," with James Cameron admitting that the inspiration for such an ambitious schedule was Peter Jackson shooting all of his Lord of the Rings movies simultaneously. Here's what James Cameron had to say about what he told Peter Jackson about his schedule, in an interview with Empire.

"I said 'It's your fault I'm doing this, motherf---er!' It's one big story. But I would say a little bit different from The Lord Of The Rings, which you knew was a trilogy and that allowed you to accept a sort of truncated ending for movies one and two and then a fulfillment. This is a greater narrative broken up into four complete stories."

In related news, a new report from Deadline reveals that Matt Gerald, who played Corporal Lyle Wainfleet in the original Avatar, will be back for all of the Avatar sequels. Since the character was believd to have died in the first movie, there is no word on how he'll be brought back, but then again, Quaritch himself was thought to have died in the first movie, so it's unclear how exactly both characters will be back for all four sequels. Hopefully we'll get some new plot details when production starts next month.

We also reported in June that James Cameron's Lightstorm Entertainment has extended their deal with Christie Digital Systems to create glasses-free 3D projection systems for Avatar 2 and all of his other Avatar sequels. While this sounds like quite the monumental task, Lightstorm and Christie still have more than two years to get this system ready. Avatar 2 hits theaters on December 18, 2020, with Avatar 3 arriving December 17, 2021, Avatar 4 coming December 20, 2024 and Avatar 5 debuting December 19, 2025.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/11/2017, 8:32 am

God dammit, guess that means Waldo is going to be written out of Into the Badlands due to unavailability..... Evil or Very Mad

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 8/11/2017, 2:38 pm

Damn it! Wish Avatar was never made to begin with.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/3/2017, 5:55 pm

Kate Winslet Joins ‘Avatar’ Universe For ‘Titanic’ Reunion With James Cameron
Avatar: The Way of Water (After $2 Billion Box Office Now Stands as Number 4 on the All Time List) Kate-w10
EXCLUSIVE: Kate Winslet and James Cameron have a little history. Two decades ago she starred in his global juggernaut Titanic, which was the top-grossing film of all time until Cameron’s Avatar came along in 2009. Now the two are reuniting for the first time since the Big Boat sailed — Winslet has signed on for a starring role in the ongoing Avatar adventure at Fox.

“Kate and I have been looking for something to do together for 20 years, since our collaboration on Titanic, which was one of the most rewarding of my career,” Cameron said. “I can’t wait to see her bring the character of Ronal to life.”

Winslet stars opposite Idris Elba in The Mountain Between Us which opens this Friday. The Reader Oscar winner next appears in Woody Allen’s Wonder Wheel for Amazon, which opens December 1. She will also star in eOne’s untitled biopic about American photojournalist and war correspondent Elizabeth “Lee” Miller. Her other recent credits include Collateral Beauty, Triple 9, The Dressmaker and Steve Jobs.

Production for all four planned Avatar sequels officially began on September 25 in Manhattan Beach, CA. The first film will be released on December 18, 2020. The second sequel will open on December 17, 2021, followed by Avatar 4 in December 20, 2024 and Avatar 5 on December 19, 2025.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/3/2017, 5:55 pm

WOW............very unexpected.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 10/3/2017, 7:49 pm

NO KATE! Abandon ship! Now I'm gonna have to watch this garbage at some point.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 10/3/2017, 10:53 pm

Lookin good in that picture
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 10/4/2017, 7:18 am

After all the shit Cameron put her through, while filming Titanic.

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm, kay.

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/4/2017, 7:23 am

ForeverBlu wrote:After all the shit Cameron put her through, while filming Titanic.

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm, kay.

Apparently her forgiveness can be bought.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 10/8/2017, 3:02 pm

LOL! You can find plenty of problems with Avatar.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/8/2017, 5:38 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:

LOL! You can find plenty of problems with Avatar.

I just watched this episode earlier today, Gosling laughed through nearly all of his skits because of Kate McKinnon but the Avatar font obsession was pretty damned funny.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 10/8/2017, 7:34 pm

Yeah, I saw the skits and he couldn't contain himself. McKinnon is funny and grabbing his ass didn't break her at all.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 10/8/2017, 10:30 pm

That was the best one, you could tell he was laughing and he was facing away from the camera
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/9/2017, 5:26 am

Tyger wrote:That was the best one, you could tell he was laughing and he was facing away from the camera

Kate really went to town on Gosling and Aidy Bryant was losing it too.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/14/2018, 7:31 pm

All 4 Avatar Sequels Have Wrapped
James Cameron has announced that the main cast of the Avatar sequels have wrapped production. While the main cast is finished with the sequels, Cameron will go through the lengthy post-production process. Actress Sigourney Weaver revealed last month that she was working on Avatar 4 and Avatar 5, adding that there is a lot of underwater scenes, which meant that she and the other actors had to learn how to free dive to get into their roles.

In a new video on social media, James Cameron announced that the Avatar sequels have finished principal photography. The director made the announcement while also promoting the latest trailer for Alita: Battle Angel. Cameron mentioned Sam Worthington, Zoe Saldana, Sigourney Weaver, Stephen Lang, and Kate Winslet, praising them for all of their hard work on the Avatar sequels. Production on the sequels started back in September of 2017, so the cast and crew have been going pretty hard in order to meet all of their deadlines. With that being said, Cameron was still on the set filming some stunt work as of yesterday.

Avatar 2 hits theaters on December 18th, 2020, and will be followed by Avatar 3 on December 17th, 2021. Avatar 4 and Avatar 5 are expected to hit theaters on December 20th, 2024 and December 19th, 2025. James Cameron has said that they will not release the fourth and fifth installments unless the first two sequels are hits at the box office. Considering that the first installment is the highest grossing movie of all time, and taking into account that Sigourney Weaver has worked on four and five, it seems likely that we will end up seeing all five movies in the next handful of years.

James Cameron spent months in the pre-production process for Avatar 2 with the cast and crew in order to get the new underwater motion-capture technology worked out. It's during this time that the cast learned how to free dive as well. The new technology will more than likely be another gamechanger for the entertainment industry, which is something that Cameron is no stranger to. However, it's going to be another two years before we get to see what Cameron has accomplished. The time frame shows just how much time the director will have to spend in the post-production process to get everything just right.

Story details about the Avatar sequels is being kept under wraps for the time being, but the titles have all reportedly leaked. The sequels will be titled, Avatar: The Way of Water, Avatar: The Seed Bearer, Avatar: The Tulkun Rider and Avatar 5|+|Avatar: The Quest for Eywa}. These titles have yet to be officially confirmed, but they are rumored to come from official documents from the set. They could end up being placeholders for the real titles, so hopefully we the real information soon. For now, you can check out James Cameron's video for the fans below, provided by the Avatar Twitter account.

James Cameron took a (very rare) break from filming on the performance capture stage to record a message to Avatar fans!

Watch for a progress update on the sequels and a brand new trailer for his long-time passion project, Alita: Battle Angel. #AvatarFamily@AlitaMoviepic.twitter.com/Vz6bqp73DA

— Avatar (@officialavatar) November 13, 2018
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/14/2018, 7:34 pm

Avatar 2 will require another 2 years of post after spending a decade getting it going and then he will need SEVEN YEARS to do post-production on Avatar 4? Yeah, that sounds about right for Cameron.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 11/14/2018, 8:24 pm

Don’t care, I’m in
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 11/14/2018, 9:22 pm

Just saw this and noted Sigourney Weaver is back? So her character didn't die? Coooooool. I agree with Tyger. I'm going to watch them all.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/15/2018, 7:33 am

joey con carne wrote:Just saw this and noted Sigourney Weaver is back? So her character didn't die? Coooooool. I agree with Tyger. I'm going to watch them all.

From what I can remember, Sigourney's character died and then got turned into a blue tree person and Stephen Lang's character also died but he too is in all four sequels so apparently nothing that happened in the first movie mattered.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/21/2019, 10:40 am

‘Avatar’ At 10: Stephen Lang Locked And Loaded For Return Mission
Avatar: The Way of Water (After $2 Billion Box Office Now Stands as Number 4 on the All Time List) Screen14
EXCLUSIVE: Ten years ago this week, James Cameron big gambit payed off with the historic release of Avatar,  a truly singular screen spectacle that took moviegoers to distant Pandora and in the process “changed the way we thought about movies, the way we thought about movie-making, even the way we thought about the movie screen,” says  Stephen Lang, who memorably portrayed the 1999 sci-fi epic’s glowering heavy, Col. Miles Quaritch.

Lang returns to the military-man role in Cameron’s long-awaited sequel, Avatar 2, which Disney-owned 20th Century Fox has now scheduled for release one year from this Saturday: Dec. 21, 2021. That means Avatar 2’s opening weekend will arrive seven years later than Cameron’s originally announced target date, which makes the interplanetary saga the cinematic equivalent of a Guns N’ Roses album.

Lang’s presence in the sequel’s ensemble adds to the project’s aura of miracles-in-the-making. That’s because the scary and scarred Quaritch took two arrows to the chest during his fight-to-the-finish with Jake Sully (Sam Worthington) and Neytiri (Zoe Saldana) in the original film. Lang chuckled when asked about his character’s unexpected recovery but the veteran actor stayed tight-lipped about the details of his screen resurrection.

“Jim indicated to me years ago, before filming on Avatar was completed, that Quaritch had a future,” Lang said this week. “I might have taken that with a grain of salt at the time because we’d had a few beers. Shortly after Avatar opened Jim mentioned again that the Colonel was coming back, and by then I knew Jim well enough to know that he means what he says and he says what he means.”Cameron offered a vivid declaration of his intentions for the revived commando in an Empire interview in 2017: “There’s not a new villain every time, which is interesting. Same guy. Same motherf*cker through all four [planned] movies. He is so good and he just gets better. I know Stephen Lang is gonna knock this out of the park.”

Lang’s impressive body of work on screen and on stage includes plenty of “highly authentic” men like Quaritch, many of them military men who live and die by a code that sets them apart from other characters. In 1989, Lang introduced the role of Lt. Col. Nathan Jessep, the signature character in Aaron Sorkin’s Broadway play A Few Good Men. He’s also planted a flag with screen roles like Gen. Thomas “Stonewall” Jackson in Gods and Generals (2003), Maj. Gen. George E. Pickett in Gettysburg (1993), and Col. Abraham Biggs in Hostiles (2017).

Most recently, Lang can be seen in the action film VFW and he’s been filming Death in Texas in the Lone Star State.  Lang has also been performing his award-winning, one-man show, Bound for Glory in select cities. Next year marks the 35th anniversary of Lang’s first screen credit, Bud Yorkin’s Twice in a Lifetime, which featured a deep ensemble led by Gene Hackman and featuring Ann-Margret, Ellen Burstyn, Amy Madigan, Ally Sheedy, and Brian Dennehy.

“Such a remarkable cast,” Lang said this week. “Love them all: Burstyn, Ann, Amy, Ally, Dennehy….but working with Hackman? He was and is a major influence. He was great to me. A friend. I wanted another scene with him and Bud Yorkin was cool enough, and kind enough, to shoot an improvised pool hall scene with Gene and myself.”

The New York native’s credits also include a dangerous blind homeowner in Don’t Breathe (2017), Old West outlaw Ike Clanton in Tombstone (1993), strike leader Harry Black in Last Exit to Brooklyn (1989), Vietnam vet Joe Tigra in Band of the Hand (1986), and Texas lawman Charles Winstead in Public Enemies (2009).

Don’t make the mistake of praising Lang’s screen prowess as a bad guy. When I first met the actor in 2009 I made the mistake of referring to the sinewy Quaritch as the villain of Avatar.

“I didn’t play a villain,” Lang said with a corrective edge in his voice. “I played a man who is doing his job the best way that he can. He makes choices. Quaritch has cauterized some aspects of his own soul. Dirty wars have numbed his psyche and spirit. But I did not go at him as a villain. Quaritch is number-orientated, he’s very squared away, and there’s nothing raggedy about him at all. He is in a constant state of Code Red.”

Fair enough. Lang originally got the Avatar part by pouncing on a started production assistant who was reading lines opposite of him (“He grabbed him by the head,” Cameron told me, “and he pretty much got the job right there.”) and the actor said he considers it “a true privilege” to work with “a genuine visionary” like Cameron, whose intellect, ambition, and wide-ranging skill set put him in a different class than other blockbuster filmmakers.

Lang explained: “He demands a tremendous amount not by saying, ‘This is what I demand of you’ but by his own intensity and preparation.” Cameron is also “the rare genius that is also a funny guy you can have a beer with,” Lang said, and “someone who truly listens to people and does so with his full attention.”

All of which explains why the giddy Lang is locked and loaded for another tour of duty in Cameron’s greatest screen quest. “I can’t wait,” he said, “to see where we finish.”

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/10/2022, 11:57 am

Set more than a decade after the events of the first film, “Avatar: The Way of Water” begins to tell the story of the Sully family (Jake, Neytiri, and their kids), the trouble that follows them, the lengths they go to keep each other safe, the battles they fight to stay alive, and the tragedies they endure.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 5/10/2022, 7:51 pm

I can't, I still hate this with a passion. lol
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 5/11/2022, 12:01 am

I still haven't see the first movie. Have no intention to either.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/11/2022, 9:09 am

Rusty wrote:I still haven't see the first movie. Have no intention to either.

Did you ever see Dances with Wolves or Ferngully the Last Rainforest? Cause if so, than you've already seen what James Cameron stole Avatar from.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 5/11/2022, 8:17 pm

That’s the argument people always make and it makes no sense to me. “Its terrible because it’s exactly like an award winning film and a beloved children's movie”
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/12/2022, 10:16 am

Tyger wrote:That’s the argument people always make and it makes no sense to me. “Its terrible because it’s exactly like an award winning film and a beloved children's movie”

I didn't say Avatar was exactly like Dances with Wolves only that Cameron stole the entire plot and yet I absolutely loves Dances but can only mildly tolerate Avatar and have seen it once in the last decade. I first made the Dances and Ferngully comparison to myself while still in the movie theater seeing Avatar for the first time. I used to love Certified Door Expert James Cameron's movies until he got lost up his own ass during Titanic.

However in no universe is there any comparing the gravitas of Kevin Costner to Spam Worthington, so there was no distracting me from this.

I just hope these sequels are actually worth the wait for the people who've already spent a decade waiting for them and still must wait another four years to fully see how this saga plays out.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/11/2022, 9:36 am

‘Avatar: The Way Of Water’ Shows Off Several Scenes For D23 Crowd; James Cameron Talks “Hectic” Production Cycle On Films
Avatar: The Way of Water (After $2 Billion Box Office Now Stands as Number 4 on the All Time List) Avatar11
During its presentation at the D23 Expo on Saturday, 20th Century Studios drop a major surprise on fans by revealing several scenes from Avatar: The Way of Water, James Cameron’s second installment of his epic sci-fi franchise. It also showed a new trailer.

The film is set for a Dec. 16 release in theaters.

The scenes, which were in 3D, were shown for attendees on two huge screens in the main Anaheim Convention Center room where the studio’s presentations with Disney siblings Marvel and Lucasfilm were held.

One scene showed the Nav’i swimming underwater. Another is a youngster saying he wants to be different than his father. Additionally, there were scenes of some kind of hostage situation, with combat in the woods at night. Another moment showed an emotional conversation between Sam Worthington’s and Zoe Saldana’s characters. A tribal leader all told a younger Nav’i that war is bad.

A sequel to 2009’s Avatar, the script comes from Cameron and Josh Friedman, with Worthington and Saldana starring alongside Michelle Yeoh, Kate Winslet, Sigourney Weaver, Stephen Lang, Oona Chaplin and more.

Cameron joined the presentation today virtually from New Zealand, where he is finishing the film and working in the middle of a “pretty hectic” five-year production cycle on the second, third and fourth installments of the series.

“It’s going great and the stuff coming in from Weta is looking spectacular,” Cameron told the crowd. “I’m super excited to be finally finishing up movie 2. I know everyone’s been waiting a long time. Hopefully, we’ll show something today and you can decide if it’s been worth it.”

Worthington and Saldana are parents in the new film. “The whole movie deals with protecting family. We’ve all gone through Covid and realized that love and being with family is paramount to what life is and it’s worth fighting for. We put that in the movie,” Worthington said on stage.

Cameron also said they remastered Avatar for a whole new generation of movie fans “who never got to see it in a movie theater. That will be the drumroll and remind people of the story.”

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/29/2022, 1:12 pm

‘Avatar: The Way Of Water’ Will Be Three Hours Plus In Run-Time, But Final Length Still Undetermined
Avatar: The Way of Water (After $2 Billion Box Office Now Stands as Number 4 on the All Time List) Avatar12
Get ready for a long sit when viewing James Cameron’s Avatar: The Way of Water.

Sources indicate the film will clock in at more than three hours, but no exact final run-time has been decided. Disney has provided no comment, but Cameron has publicly said it is a long movie.

The sequel is scheduled to open in North America Dec. 16, some 13 years after the stunning original film bowed. It is still No. 1 in total box office receipts. The original was two hours and 41 minutes.

News of the run-time began leaking when the film was rated PG-13. The run-time was also posted on theater websites.

The sequel starts ten years after the original.

Source: Deadline

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/29/2022, 1:13 pm

I read reports last week that Avatar 2 would be 190 minutes but I thought it was a joke...

Have fun in the theaters guys, I'll catch it in January from my couch with a pause button.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next