BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Morbius ($126 Million Worldwide Box Office)

4 posters

Go down

Morbius ($126 Million Worldwide Box Office)  Empty Morbius ($126 Million Worldwide Box Office)

Post by WyldeMan 6/27/2018, 3:28 pm

Morbius ($126 Million Worldwide Box Office)  Jared-10
Spider-Man’s web just got wider.

Sony has tapped Jared Leto to star in the spinoff “Morbius,” based on the Spidey villain of the same name. Sources also tell Variety that “Safe House” director Daniel Espinosa will helm the movie.

Leto has been loosely attached to the project for some time, but wouldn’t fully commit until he knew the film was headed in the right direction.

He asked to meet with several of the filmmakers who were up for the job. Espinosa met with Leto last month in Germany while Leto was touring with his band Thirty Seconds to Mars, which eventually led to him nabbing the job.

Avi Arad and Matt Tolmach are producing “Morbius” with Lucas Foster.

The film was penned by the team of Burk Sharpless and Matt Sazama, who worked on Netflix’s “Lost in Space” series. Palak Patel will oversee the pic for the studio.

Morbius was created in 1971 by writer Roy Thomas and artist Gil Kane for “The Amazing Spider-Man #101.” The character was a scientist who tried to cure himself of a blood disease, with tragic results. He became afflicted with vampiric traits such as fangs and a thirst for blood — and wound up battling Spider-Man.

Morbius appeared sporadically in Marvel Comics in the subsequent years and was revived in the 1992 series “Morbius, the Living Vampire,” which had a run of 32 issues through April of 1995.

Sony has not dated the film, but the movie will likely be slated soon as production is expected to start sometime this year. With “Venom” bowing in October and “Spider-Man: Far From Home” launching next year, Sony hopes this latest project fits in well with the others.

Leto is no stranger to the comic book world, having already played the Joker in 2016’s “Suicide Squad.” Besides promoting his new album “America” with Thirty Seconds to Mars, Leto has been busy setting up a film slate that includes a solo Joker movie at Warner Bros. Sources say this film does not affect that role. The Oscar winner was also recently seen in Netflix’s “The Outsider” and “Blade Runner 2049.”

Espinosa has strong ties to Sony after directing the sci-fi thriller “Life” starring Jake Gyllenhaal and Ryan Reynolds, and is also developing the Afghanistan War pic “Red Platoon” for the studio.

Last edited by WyldeMan on 4/10/2022, 2:56 pm; edited 4 times in total
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Morbius ($126 Million Worldwide Box Office)  Empty Re: Morbius ($126 Million Worldwide Box Office)

Post by Tyger 6/27/2018, 10:27 pm

I can’t wait to not watch it
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Morbius ($126 Million Worldwide Box Office)  Empty Re: Morbius ($126 Million Worldwide Box Office)

Post by Rusty 6/28/2018, 7:33 pm

Haha.

Who in the fuck wants a Morbius movie?
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/28/2018, 7:57 pm

Rusty wrote:Haha.

Who in the fuck wants a Morbius movie?

Avi Arad and they do whatever the fuck Avi wants.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 6/29/2018, 12:52 pm

Get the fuck outta here! lol
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/29/2018, 4:35 pm

Morbius ($126 Million Worldwide Box Office)  Dgwwk410

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/13/2020, 11:24 am

I'd entirely forgotten about this movie....

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 1/13/2020, 11:30 am

Wait, Keaton appears so this is in the same Spider-Man universe?
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/13/2020, 11:40 am

Tyger wrote:Wait, Keaton appears so this is in the same Spider-Man universe?

It would appear to be so. Although it has not been confirmed as of yet that Keaton is still Adrian Toomes, it'd be pretty strange if they recast him as a new character so soon after his Homecoming debut.

Did you also catch the graffiti of Spidey on the wall with "murderer" across his face? All signs seem to indicate this is indeed a connected spinoff.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 1/13/2020, 12:22 pm

Yeah I caught that but it’s easy to take back, same actor as same character isn’t.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/13/2020, 4:03 pm

Tyger wrote:Yeah I caught that but it’s easy to take back, same actor as same character isn’t.

Morbius doesn't look nearly as shitty as Venom.

I was expecting a steaming pile of crap but I didn't hate that trailer.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/13/2020, 7:57 pm

Looks better than I thought. Cool to see that it exists in the same universe too.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/1/2021, 10:20 am

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 11/1/2021, 2:02 pm

Didn't realize the release date was pushed back. New trailer tomorrow apparently.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/2/2021, 8:54 am

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 11/2/2021, 4:05 pm

Ok, trailer is a little long but really good. This looks way better than Venom.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/3/2021, 8:25 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:Ok, trailer is a little long but really good. This looks way better than Venom.

I am in complete agreement.

Venom was a massive piece of shit IMO and even its trailer was an eye sore and Venom 2 looks to repeat that pattern based on all its shitty trailers.

However, Morbius looks leaps and bounds better both in terms of story and VFX. The trailer was compelling and surprised me by how much better than Venom it looks. I was only slightly interested in this movie before but following such a solid trailer, I'm putting this on my "Must See 2022" list.

Though if Leto's Morbius doesn't eventually face off with Holland's Spider-Man in a future sequel, I will be very disappointed. Spider-Man the Animated Series was my introduction to Michael Morbius and he's so entwined with Spidey because of his comic origins that it'd be a massive lost opportunity not to eventually capitalize on the crossover. Spidy's image did show up with the words "murderer" spray painted across it on a wall behind Morbius in one of the scenes for this trailer but for the love of good, keep Morbius the fuck away from Venom! Although I worry with that line about San Francisco, that's exactly where they're headed.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/5/2021, 11:45 am

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/28/2022, 3:03 pm

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/31/2022, 3:45 pm

Critics and early viewers alike are eviscerating Morbius with the general consensus being that its a "boring snooze fest' and one of Leto's worst performances of his career.

One of the more pointed comments read that it played like “A Spider-Man spin-off written with a crayon and edited with a chainsaw.” Razz Razz Razz

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 3/31/2022, 4:29 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Critics and early viewers alike are eviscerating Morbius with the general consensus being that its a "boring snooze fest' and one of Leto's worst performances of his career.

One of the more pointed comments read that it played like “A Spider-Man spin-off written with a crayon and edited with a chainsaw.” Razz Razz Razz

hahaha. One of the headlines I read was something to the affect of "The one movie where every character should have died". Very Happy
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 4/3/2022, 9:57 am

Leto can't catch a break. I think he should stay out of the superhero business. He used to be great in drama movies but his latest movie The Little Things was disappointing. With the right script, I think he does really well.

Trailers made it look like this movie was going to be better than the Venom movies but I guess it's equally garbage. Laughing
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 4/4/2022, 10:45 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Leto can't catch a break. I think he should stay out of the superhero business. He used to be great in drama movies but his latest movie The Little Things was disappointing. With the right script, I think he does really well.

Trailers made it look like this movie was going to be better than the Venom movies but I guess it's equally garbage. Laughing

Problem with superhero movies is that even if they fucking suck, you can easily make some good money from it. Especially if you have a name.

If a reputable film actor want's do something more satisfying, they do a HBO series. If they want a quick easy big bag of cash, they do a superhero movie.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 4/7/2022, 4:23 pm

Rusty wrote:Problem with superhero movies is that even if they fucking suck, you can easily make some good money from it. Especially if you have a name.

If a reputable film actor want's do something more satisfying, they do a HBO series. If they want a quick easy big bag of cash, they do a superhero movie.

I don't think Leto needs money. He's got his own band and they've done really well. I think he really wants to be in this genre and he wants to get it right no matter what character it is. He probably regrets playing Joker.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 4/7/2022, 4:49 pm

He’s too self absorbed to regret any of his decisions
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/8/2022, 11:23 am

Jared Leto Is Being Canceled For Bizarre Morbius Behavior
Morbius ($126 Million Worldwide Box Office)  Jared-12
Jared Leto is notorious for his interpretation of “Method acting” to mean behaving weird in the hopes that it will translate to making his portrayal of say, famed long-distance runner Steve Prefontaine seem that much more authentic. Leaving aside that the idea of Method acting has been debated, water-down, and misinterpreted so often that it is essentially meaningless, it seems that the star of Dallas Buyers Club might have actually gone a little too far in his off-camera behavior while filming the recent Sony Pictures comic book adaptation Morbius. According to an interview in Uproxx, director Daniel Espinosa confirmed rumors that Leto had insisted on using crutches on set at all times, even when taking a bathroom break. Apparently, the sheer amount of time it took the able-bodied actor to do this began to interfere with the production schedule of the film, and Espinosa and Leto came to a compromise…that Leto would use a wheelchair instead.

Basically, people are calling out Jared Leto for not only presumably making the lives of all the non-famous people on set who are trying to do their jobs and have to be slowed down by his actor’s needs, but also for the perceived insensitivity of an actor who himself does not have a disability performing as though he does. There has been more and more discussion in the film industry in recent years about who can play what roles and who should not (that has arguments on many sides, often from unexpected people), and Leto is definitely stepping right into it. This is also not the first time that Jared Leto has pulled this exact move. Director Denis Villeneuve stated that while filming Blade Runner 2049 (in which Leto has a small role as a blind tech genius), the actor decided to actually wear opaque contact lenses and make himself effectively blind while on set, which of course also necessitated some personal assistant guide him around constantly.

Then there is the infamous case of Jared Leto’s behavior while filming 2016’s Suicide Squad, where in order to play a fictional murder clown, he reportedly sent his coworkers sexually suggestive materials and mutilated animals. While the exact details of what went down have become muddied (with Leto himself both saying that “you don’t like it, basically, you can kiss my ass” and implying most of the incidents were exaggerations by the media, despite him personally stating what he did in a live red carpet interview), it definitely is part of a pattern. The appropriateness of actors being praised for portraying disabled people (while disabled people are themselves rarely hired for such roles), and the artistic merit of needing to disrupt production to such a degree is certainly up for debate. Jared Leto has made it clear that he feels it is necessary for his “process” of acting, but we will have to see whether it catches up to him at some point. While the directors of Morbius and Blade Runner 2049 both posit it as a remarkable and interesting thing Leto was doing, it will just have to remain in the court of public opinion for now.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/8/2022, 11:25 am

I hate method actors and every single movie Leto makes he goes so far above and beyond what's necessary. He must be a nightmare to work with. A pretentious method actor, just what everybody loves. Mad

Watch the Jim & Andy Man on the Moon documentary and tell me Jim Carrey doesn't come across like a total fucking cunt. The time for method acting has passed...

Method acting is for pretentious assholes like Leto.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 4/8/2022, 5:49 pm

I knew about the Suicide Squad stuff but the rest is fucking crazy and disrespectful to the production crew. He shouldn't get cancelled but he needs to answer for his behavior.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/8/2022, 11:33 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:I knew about the Suicide Squad stuff but the rest is fucking crazy and disrespectful to the production crew. He shouldn't get cancelled but he needs to answer for his behavior.

Leto's always been an erratic douche. I remember around 15 years ago when he attacked Elijah Wood just because he said that he didn't like his band. Leto just couldn't handle that North wasn't a fan and grabbed him and was screaming in his face. It's just one more example in a very long history of erratic behavior.

Leto, Will Smith and Ezra Miller are clearly mentally disturbed and unfortunately they're all in a business that encourages this behavior as long as it brings the box office. However, with Morbius looking to be another big failure, Leto's career is about to be reassessed and several of Smith's upcoming movie projects have already been cancelled and he just got a ten year ban from the Oscars. It would seem that 2022 is the year people are pushing back against the jackasses in the industry.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down