BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Road House (Ronda Rousey / Nick Cassavetes)

5 posters

Go down

Road House (Ronda Rousey / Nick Cassavetes) Empty Road House (Ronda Rousey / Nick Cassavetes)

Post by WyldeMan 10/12/2015, 4:35 pm

Road House (Ronda Rousey / Nick Cassavetes) Nick-c10
After nabbing UFC fighter Ronda Rousey to star in a reboot of Patrick Swayze’s “Road House,” MGM has now found its director.

Sources tell Variety that Nick Cassavetes has closed a deal to write and direct the re-envisioning of the ’80s action classic, with Rousey on board to star and produce.

Rousey is currently in training for her championship fight against Holly Holm on Nov. 14 at UFC 193. Insiders say once the fight is over, the plan is to immediately begin prepping for a fast-tracked shoot in the first quarter of 2016.

Released in 1989, the original film starred Swayze as a bouncer hired to clean up one of the rowdiest, loudest bars in Missouri, The Double Deuce. Swayze’s character is put to the test when he needs to protect the town from a corrupt businessman.

This movie became a breakout hit and maintains a cult following. “Road House” follows MGM’s reboot of another classic; the “Rocky” spinoff “Creed” hits theaters in November.

Cassavetes has directed his fair share of male-focused films like “Alpha Dog” and “John Q,” but sources say it was his skill of writing strong roles for women that was a major selling point for execs, showcased in films like “The Notebook” and “The Other Woman.”

The project would mark Rousey’s biggest acting gig to date. This marks the fourth project being specifically developed for Rousey to star in, following her biopic “My Fight/Your Fight” at Paramount, “The Athena Project” at Warner Bros. and the STX action pic “Mile 22,” which has Pete Berg on board to direct.

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Road House (Ronda Rousey / Nick Cassavetes) Empty Re: Road House (Ronda Rousey / Nick Cassavetes)

Post by WyldeMan 10/12/2015, 4:36 pm

That is one crazy combination, Cassavetes and Rousey? Wow...

The news of this remake doesn't sting for me because Dalton taught me long ago, Pain don't hurt.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Road House (Ronda Rousey / Nick Cassavetes) Empty Re: Road House (Ronda Rousey / Nick Cassavetes)

Post by ForeverBlu 10/12/2015, 4:52 pm

NOOOOOOOO!

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 10/12/2015, 5:21 pm

Nick Cassavetes? Fucking Packard Walsh! cheers

I haven't really known much of his career but I just learned he directed The Notebook and many other films. Very cool.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 10/12/2015, 9:18 pm

Swayze will always be the best cooler in the business.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 10/12/2015, 10:16 pm

Add it to the "swapping genders make it interesting" remake genre
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/12/2015, 11:03 pm

joey con carne wrote:Nick Cassavetes? Fucking Packard Walsh! cheers

I haven't really known much of his career but I just learned he directed The Notebook and many other films. Very cool.

Nick's had a good career as an actor and director but his parents are legends but someone with your interests in the classics is probably pretty familiar with John Cassavetes and Gena Rowlands.

I always tend to think of Nick from Face/Off during that crazy shoot out while "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" played over the mayhem.

But if you ask me Things are getting a little too equal these days. Cool

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down