BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales (Stolen by Hackers and be Ransomed)

5 posters

Go down

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales (Stolen by Hackers and be Ransomed) Empty Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales (Stolen by Hackers and be Ransomed)

Post by WyldeMan 8/15/2015, 9:28 pm

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales (Stolen by Hackers and be Ransomed) Pirate10
Johnny Depp returns to the big screen as the iconic, swashbuckling anti-hero Jack Sparrow in the all-new “Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales.” The rip-roaring adventure finds down-on-his-luck Captain Jack feeling the winds of ill-fortune blowing strongly his way when deadly ghost sailors, led by the terrifying Captain Salazar (Javier Bardem), escape from the Devil’s Triangle bent on killing every pirate at sea—notably Jack. Jack’s only hope of survival lies in the legendary Trident of Poseidon, but to find it he must forge an uneasy alliance with Carina Smyth (Kaya Scodelario), a brilliant and beautiful astronomer, and Henry (Brenton Thwaites), a headstrong young sailor in the Royal Navy. At the helm of the Dying Gull, his pitifully small and shabby ship, Captain Jack seeks not only to reverse his recent spate of ill fortune, but to save his very life from the most formidable and malicious foe he has ever faced.

Last edited by WyldeMan on 5/15/2017, 3:52 pm; edited 3 times in total
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales (Stolen by Hackers and be Ransomed) Empty Re: Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales (Stolen by Hackers and be Ransomed)

Post by Rusty 8/15/2015, 10:15 pm

Good God. Another one? I struggled to get through the second one.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales (Stolen by Hackers and be Ransomed) Empty Re: Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales (Stolen by Hackers and be Ransomed)

Post by WyldeMan 8/15/2015, 10:17 pm

Rusty Cunt wrote:Good God. Another one? I struggled to get through the second one.

Ha! I walked out of Dead Man's Chest halfway through almost ten years ago and I still don't know how it ended.

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 8/16/2015, 1:08 pm

I've seen them all. Cool that Bloom is returning though. After what happened to him, I'm curious to see how he'll return.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 10/2/2016, 8:59 pm

UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/5/2017, 4:26 pm

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 2/5/2017, 6:54 pm

I missed seeing Jack Sparrow. Seeing him do crazy shit in this one is going to be fun. This movie will make a lot of money for sure.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/5/2017, 8:44 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:I missed seeing Jack Sparrow. Seeing him do crazy shit in this one is going to be fun. This movie will make a lot of money for sure.

In China. Domestically, they'll be lucky to gross a quarter of what they do over there.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 2/6/2017, 6:04 pm

WyldeMan wrote:
UltimateMarvel wrote:I missed seeing Jack Sparrow. Seeing him do crazy shit in this one is going to be fun. This movie will make a lot of money for sure.

In China. Domestically, they'll be lucky to gross a quarter of what they do over there.

I don't get China. They don't like ghost movies but this is ok? lol
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/6/2017, 6:43 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:

I don't get China. They don't like ghost movies but this is ok? lol

They LOVE 3D. They don't like anybody messing with their belief in what Ghosts are since it's such a monumental part of their culture. I remember one of the pirates movies not getting a China release because they didn't like the way Davey Jones and his ghosts were portrayed.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 2/22/2017, 11:14 am

Saw the trailer multiple times yesterday and was excited every damn time...cause it uses Johnny Cash. So many trailers cheat by using good songs.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/23/2017, 7:41 am

Tyger wrote:Saw the trailer multiple times yesterday and was excited every damn time...cause it uses Johnny Cash. So many trailers cheat by using good songs.

Let me guess, it could be one of only two Cash songs that everybody else used in the last ten years "The Man Comes Around" or "Ain't No Grave"?

Why can't people remember that he recorded other music long before he was very old and very near dead?

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 2/23/2017, 7:39 pm

Ain't No Grave of course

I don't care, old school, new school, it's always nice to hear

Actually heard a cover in I kinda want to say Power Rangers? I think it was Walk the Line
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/24/2017, 7:50 am

Tyger wrote:Ain't No Grave of course

I don't care, old school, new school, it's always nice to hear

Actually heard a cover in I kinda want to say Power Rangers? I think it was Walk the Line

LOL Really? I keep posting trailers but I haven't watched one in a few months. Guess Cash is back in season.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/28/2017, 8:05 pm

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/15/2017, 3:50 pm

Hackers Holding Disney’s Latest ‘Pirates of the Caribbean’ For Ransom
Disney’s upcoming Johnny Depp film Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales has been pilfered by ransom hackers seeking payment the the studio. The hackers have demanded that an enormous amount of money be paid to Bitcoin. Disney is currently working with the FBI and will not pay.

Although Disney CEO Bob Iger did not reveal which movie the ransom hackers claim to have, he did reveal to ABC employees during a town hall meeting in New York Monday that the incident had occurred. The hackers said they would release bits of the film — in increments — if their demands weren’t met. Deadline learned that it was, indeed, Jerry Bruckheimer’s fifth in the Pirates franchise which is scheduled for release on May 26th.

Disney would not comment, but insiders said that they refuse to pay. This follows the same issue that Netflix faced when a ransom hacker spilled out 10 episodes of the next season of Orange Is the New Black to the Internet when Netflix also refused to ante up.

Hector Monsegur, Director of Security Assessments for Rhino Security Labs who can be seen as a regular expert in the Science Channel series Outlaw Tech, was a former computer hacker, who was arrested and then became an informant for the FBI. He told Deadline that “attribution is probably the hardest thing the FBI is dealing with here.”

Because the FBI has to track attacks backwards, “It’s nearly impossible because you have various hackers from pretty much anywhere. Also, they are aware of techniques to track them down. So you could have an Egyptian hacker who uses Russian software so it looks like it’s Russian but is actually from Egypt.”

“All these companies like Disney, Netflix and Discovery may have very good security teams but you have all these vendors and small production companies which don’t have great security and probably don’t have the budget to focus on their own security so hackers get in pretty easily,” Monsegur said.

“Remember back in the day when movies would leak online and they would go to a pirate bay? Now there has been a shift with the advent of ransomware so (these companies) are getting demands to pay for their own IP. Any studio is going to have a problem moving forward protecting their IPs.”

The Pirates of the Caribbean franchise has pulled in a whopping $3.72B worldwide since first launching in 2003. It’s not clear how releasing the movie would impact the box office yet.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/15/2017, 3:52 pm

The Pirates have been pirated.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 5/15/2017, 5:12 pm

I read about this. Even if Disney paid, there is no guarantee they don't release the full movie.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 5/15/2017, 6:46 pm

Bullshit. "I think the movie is gonna bomb, but I have this idea. Did you hear about the new season of Orange is the New Black??..."
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 5/15/2017, 9:43 pm

If legit, I hope they don't pay. That would set an unwieldy precedent.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/16/2017, 7:37 am

Tyger wrote:Bullshit. "I think the movie is gonna bomb, but I have this idea. Did you hear about the new season of Orange is the New Black??..."

Yeah I posted about it in the OITNB thread when it happened, I saw the first 10 episodes on various sites but never bothered to see if all episodes were released since I'm not a viewer of the show.

Hackers seem to be taking whatever they want from whoever they want these days, studios used to be immune until they insisted on digital everything and signed their own death warrants.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 5/17/2017, 5:01 am

So Paul McCartney is in this one?

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/17/2017, 8:22 am

ForeverBlu wrote:So Paul McCartney is in this one?

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales (Stolen by Hackers and be Ransomed) Rs_63410
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 5/17/2017, 8:28 am

How did they manage to keep that quiet?

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/17/2017, 9:03 am

ForeverBlu wrote:How did they manage to keep that quiet?

They didn't, it hit all the trade sites early last year. I believe before he even signed it was a widely known rumor. I just don't keep up with Depp movie threads so I must have not posted it here.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down