BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pirates of the Caribbean Reboot (TBD)

3 posters

Go down

Pirates of the Caribbean Reboot (TBD) Empty Pirates of the Caribbean Reboot (TBD)

Post by WyldeMan 10/27/2019, 7:28 pm

'Chernobyl' Creator Craig Mazin Tackling 'Pirates of the Caribbean' Reboot
Pirates of the Caribbean Reboot (TBD) Pirate10
Pirates of the Caribbean may set sail once again. Disney has hired veteran Pirates scribe Ted Elliott and Chernobyl creator Craig Mazin to develop a story for a new Pirates adventure feature.

The move is designed to propel fresh wind into Pirates, one of the largest-hauling film franchises of all time, which introduced hard-luck and hard-drinking pirate Jack Sparrow into Disney fandom and pop culture.

But it’s also a franchise that, after five installments, was encountering headwinds. Star Johnny Depp’s waning fortunes, on- and offscreen, didn’t help.

The studio had taken steps toward developing a reboot in late 2018 when it hired Deadpool scribes Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick to write a script that was designed to “give it a kick in the pants,” according to Disney. But Reese and Wernick ended up exiting in early 2019, leaving the project in dry dock since.

The hiring of Elliott and Mazin puts Pirates in the early stages of development, with the duo tasked to find a direction and story. it is unclear at this stage if Sparrow would return as a character or if Depp would return as actor.

Jerry Bruckheimer is expected to once again be at the helm as producer.

Elliott knows his way around the Seven Seas, having co-written the 2003 original, The Curse of the Black Pearl, and subsequent three installments (Dead Man’s Chest, At World’s End, On Stranger Tides) with then-partner Terry Rossio.

Mazin established himself in the comedy world with installments of Scary Movie and the Hangover movies, but it was with this year’s Emmy-winning and buzzy HBO miniseries Chernobyl that he found acclaim for his dramatic voice.

Last edited by WyldeMan on 6/26/2020, 8:28 pm; edited 3 times in total

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Pirates of the Caribbean Reboot (TBD) Empty Re: Pirates of the Caribbean Reboot (TBD)

Post by WyldeMan 10/27/2019, 7:29 pm

Rumors are Disney is eyeing Doctor Who, Jumanji and Guardians of the Galaxy star Karen Gillan to headline the reboot in place of Depp's Jack Sparrow character.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Pirates of the Caribbean Reboot (TBD) Empty Re: Pirates of the Caribbean Reboot (TBD)

Post by Tyger 10/27/2019, 8:44 pm

I wouldn’t mind seeing her in some sexy pirate gear, but just let this die already. The first was surprisingly fun and then all the sequels are pretty much what everyone feared from the beginning
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 10/27/2019, 9:14 pm

Nobody can replace Jack Sparrow.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/28/2019, 7:02 am

Tyger wrote:I wouldn’t mind seeing her in some sexy pirate gear, but just let this die already. The first was surprisingly fun and then all the sequels are pretty much what everyone feared from the beginning

As much as I'd love to think Karen will play a sexy pirate, they'll keep her covered up the entire time.

UltimateMarvel wrote:Nobody can replace Jack Sparrow.

Jack Sparrow is the gayest pirate of all-time, literally anybody could replace him.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 10/28/2019, 3:15 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Jack Sparrow is the gayest pirate of all-time, literally anybody could replace him.

I know you don't like Depp so I'm gonna let that slide.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/28/2019, 3:28 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:Jack Sparrow is the gayest pirate of all-time, literally anybody could replace him.

I know you don't like Depp so I'm gonna let that slide.

Depp played the caricature of a pirate and a horrible one at that. He just pranced around being a drunk and sneered while cracking jokes. Let's not forget he modeled Jack Sparrow after The Stones Keith Richards. Depp's performance made Starz Black Sails look like the holy grail of pirates and come on, you've seen that show.

Pirates and vikings, two historical categories that will always be bastardized without respect by Hollywood stereotypes.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 10/28/2019, 9:35 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Depp played the caricature of a pirate and a horrible one at that. He just pranced around being a drunk and sneered while cracking jokes. Let's not forget he modeled Jack Sparrow after The Stones Keith Richards. Depp's performance made Starz Black Sails look like the holy grail of pirates and come on, you've seen that show.

It's Disney and these are not your typical pirates, it's fantasy. Never seen Black Sails.

WyldeMan wrote:Pirates and vikings, two historical categories that will always be bastardized without respect by Hollywood stereotypes.

I thought Vikings was a good show?
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/29/2019, 8:17 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:It's Disney and these are not your typical pirates, it's fantasy. Never seen Black Sails.

Oh I thought you had. Well Black Sails, actually had a lead character who was also a gay pirate and he wasn't half as gay as Jack Sparrow.

UltimateMarvel wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:Pirates and vikings, two historical categories that will always be bastardized without respect by Hollywood stereotypes.

I thought Vikings was a good show?

Vikings is a good show but it is also a fantasy show where their Gods are real so its not exactly rooted in reality. 

Even so, it's the best Viking series or movie I've ever seen because the others are just so bad.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 10/29/2019, 12:03 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Oh I thought you had. Well Black Sails, actually had a lead character who was also a gay pirate and he wasn't half as gay as Jack Sparrow.

He was a womanizer. Or are you just calling the character gay?
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/29/2019, 1:00 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:Oh I thought you had. Well Black Sails, actually had a lead character who was also a gay pirate and he wasn't half as gay as Jack Sparrow.

He was a womanizer. Or are you just calling the character gay?

Jack Sparrow was flamboyant to a level that made me think he likely loved cock as much as he loved rum. Also, the character was just totally gay in an entirely non sexual way, you know like in the way we used to be able to just say things were gay? Yeah, that kind of gay.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 10/29/2019, 9:59 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Jack Sparrow was flamboyant to a level that made me think he likely loved cock as much as he loved rum. Also, the character was just totally gay in an entirely non sexual way, you know like in the way we used to be able to just say things were gay? Yeah, that kind of gay.

Ah! That makes more sense. You can't use words like that Wylde, it's 2019. You have to get with the times. Now I'm offended! Razz
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down