BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Thoughts

+4
Tyger
joey con carne
UltimateMarvel
Gamma626
8 posters

Page 5 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14 ... 23  Next

Go down

Random Thoughts - Page 5 Empty Re: Random Thoughts

Post by WyldeMan 1/3/2015, 12:30 am

This place has been dead for two weeks now...

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 1/3/2015, 1:18 am

We mostly talk about TV and everything is on hiatus
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 1/3/2015, 1:20 am

And there were over 20 posts in this thread along over the past 24 hours.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 1/3/2015, 6:25 pm

It just occurred to me (via Wikipedia Very Happy), that the chick that played Lori in TWD, is Sara from Prison Break.

Prison Break finished only a year before The Walking Dead started, yet I never made the connection until now. LOL!
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 1/3/2015, 7:44 pm

Because who was still watching Prison Break at the end? I had to force myself through the second season and officially stopped after like the first episode of season three.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 1/3/2015, 8:16 pm

If I remember correctly, I didn't watch the final season until it was on Blu-Ray/DVD, so I would have been watching the shows around the same time - matter of fact, I think I did a Prison Break binge this time last year, and I still didn't pick up on it. Hahaha.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by GrooThePerverted 1/3/2015, 8:20 pm

I watched all the way through, to the final 2 hour special finale wrapup.  Even when BDTV's favorite Michael Rapaport showed up.
GrooThePerverted
GrooThePerverted

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/3/2015, 11:53 pm

I am watching Son in Law on Showtime right now, 20 years later I still find Pauly Shore just as funny as I did when I was 9. He truly is a one of a funky weasel.  Very Happy

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GrooThePerverted 1/3/2015, 11:55 pm

Son in Law was funny. Bio-Dome was ehhh... In The Army Now will forever be funny just for the "*sigh* is it Hot in Chad?" scene. lol
GrooThePerverted
GrooThePerverted

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 1/3/2015, 11:56 pm

Bio-Dome is great too, I don't care what the haters say
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by GrooThePerverted 1/4/2015, 12:01 am

Oh yeah and Encino Man, of course.
GrooThePerverted
GrooThePerverted

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 1/4/2015, 12:23 am

WyldeMan wrote:I am watching Son in Law on Showtime right now, 20 years later I still find Pauly Shore just as funny as I did when I was 9. He truly is a one of a funky weasel.  Very Happy

"You know ... when your Mom's your Dad, and your Dad's your brother." Hahahah. Loved Son in Law.

... and don't forget Jury Duty!
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/4/2015, 12:37 am

I haven't seen Son in Law in probably 15 years and I was kind of surprised by all the adult jokes that just landed so flat as a kid but now I'm just like wow, they said that? I was cracking up pretty consistently until they started focusing on that pointless side character boyfriend of Carla Gugino's character. I could definitely have gone for a better Tiffanie Amber strip scene too....still feelin robbed all these years later....

Encino Man was always my other favorite. I think I saw Jury Duty and In the Army maybe twice each in 20 years. Where I've seen EM and SIL probably closer to 20.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 1/4/2015, 12:59 am

Never liked Encino Man. Hated Brendan Fraser (A hate that started with Encino Man). The only things I ever liked him in was Airheads, The Mummy, Bedazzled, and his stint on Scrubs.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/4/2015, 9:01 am

You guys ever see Pauly Shore Stands Alone? Came out last year. About him now and his tour and life.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/4/2015, 9:04 am

WOAH, Stuart Scott died. He was only 49....I didn't know he had cancer.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/4/2015, 2:45 pm

During last nights UFC they kept showing the celebs in the crowd and as usual Steven Seagal and Shaq were there, but next to him was Joey's girlfriend AJ Lee. Her real boyfriend CM Punk was there and Joe Rogen was hyping Punk's recent UFC signing. He is supposed to debut in the fall. I know the guy is athletic and all but those guys are no joke and I know Lesnar did it but he's Lesnar and that guy is a fucking freak. If I had to guess, Punk looks like he would be a natural middle weight at 185lbs. Right now Chris Weidman the guy who defeated Anderson Silva twice is currently sitting at 12-0 with 2 successful title defenses already and a third next month against Vitor Belfort. My point is the MW divison is absolutely no joke and even if he were to drop down to 170lbs those guys are monsters too. I just do not see this going very well for him, unless he has a long MMA training history I'm just not aware of.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 1/4/2015, 4:32 pm

Encino Man is my least favorite of the classic Pauly Shore movies. It's one of those movies I pretty much hated, but would always seem to end up watching when it was on TV. I love In The Army Now and Jury Duty. I used to see all those classic PS movies on TV all the time. Good times.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 1/6/2015, 12:05 pm

Can someone please, please, please put me back in the Matrix? ugh. I think I'm dying.

Hope everyone is well. Work is killin' me. Not because it's hard but because I don't want to be here. LOL
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 1/6/2015, 3:59 pm

I don't go back to work until next Monday, but I'm fucking dreading it. This has been my most unproductive, too much beer drinking, lazy sit and watch TV holiday in years.

It's going to suck.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by GrooThePerverted 1/6/2015, 10:42 pm

THE SEASON OF THE AWARD SCREENERS IS UPON US. THE FLOODGATES HAVE OPENED.

1. Unbroken
2. American Sniper
3. Into The Woods
4. Big Eyes
5. Hobbit: Battle of Five Armies
6. The Imitation Game
7. Birdman
8. Selma

Holy shit.
GrooThePerverted
GrooThePerverted

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/7/2015, 8:25 pm

GrooThePerverted wrote:THE SEASON OF THE AWARD SCREENERS IS UPON US.  THE FLOODGATES HAVE OPENED.

I was just coming here too for that exact reason. The titles just kept showing up.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/7/2015, 8:45 pm

DAMN! I just checked. That's ridiculous! Is that a record? I think it might be a record.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by GrooThePerverted 1/8/2015, 12:29 pm

Two more showed up. 

Inherent Vice
The Gambler
GrooThePerverted
GrooThePerverted

Back to top Go down

Post by GrooThePerverted 1/8/2015, 1:02 pm

A Most Violent Year
Kill The Messenger

Those two have reportedly leaked as well.
GrooThePerverted
GrooThePerverted

Back to top Go down

Post by GrooThePerverted 1/8/2015, 1:04 pm

Leaked Oscar Movie Screeners Flood Torrent Sites

An unprecedented fast flood of leaked 'screener' copies of movies has hit torrent sites ahead of the official Oscar nominations announcement later this month. The latest Hobbit installment is proving most popular with over 500K downloads in the first 24 hours. None of the movies comes from a traditional 'scene' source.

Random Thoughts - Page 5 Oscartorrents

While some pirates are content with downloading and viewing so-called ‘cam’ releases of the latest movies, few will be happy with the quality. Movies recorded surreptitiously in cinemas with home-made rigs can produce reasonable results but nothing beats the sparkle of a digital copy.

Filling that gap are DVD screeners, the advance copies of recent movies sent out to critics and awards voters. Often in DVD format (but now also in Blu-ray), these high quality releases are much sought after online and as a result are subjected to intense security by the studios sending them out.

But despite all the efforts, leaks always happen. Every year copies of DVD screeners (identified by the term DVDSCR) turn up on torrent sites and are downloaded in huge numbers. December and January are the key months for leaks and yesterday downloaders hit the jackpot.

Over the past 24 hours copies of at least nine big movies leaked online in decent quality, all apparently sourced from industry DVD screeners.

The Hobbit is a smash hit – without watermarks

The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies is proving exceptionally popular with BitTorrent users. Statistics gathered by TorrentFreak reveal that the movie was downloaded at least 500,000 times in the first 24 hours.
Several ‘versions’ of the movie exist on torrent sites, each labeled by rival release groups including CM8, EVO, TiTAN, Ozlem and RAV3N. But despite the apparent selection, sources inform TorrentFreak that there is only one true source. Whether that is CM8 remains unclear but in a comment the group revealed that a lot of time was spent removing security watermarks from Peter Jackson’s movie.

“Movie had watermarks visible and invisible ones, had to remove frames to get rid of them,” CM8 said.
“Nothing I haven’t done before. It was hours of work, but its finally done and here for you to get!”

Oscar hopefuls 2015

Yesterday, Indiewire published their Oscar predictions. Their ‘absolute locks’ for Best Picture include “Birdman” (Michael Keaton, Zach Galifianakis) and “The Imitation Game” (Benedict Cumberbatch, Keira Knightley). Both were leaked yesterday.

Also tipped for Best Picture is “Selma“, a chronicle of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.’s campaign to secure equal voting rights via an epic march from Selma to Montgomery, Alabama in 1965. Paramount sent DVD screeners to Academy voters in December and the movie leaked yesterday.

Also battling it out for Oscar glory are Clint Eastwood’s American Sniper, Unbroken directed by Angelina Jolie,
and crime thriller Nightcrawler. While the latter was leaked in October, the other titles were in yesterday’s batch.

Rounding off the DVD Screener bonanza are Disney’s Big Hero 6, Into the Woods, and Big Eyes.

From studio to torrent site

Finally, it’s worth highlighting how these titles appeared online. For years one of the most popular routes was via the “The Scene” but in common with more recent times, yesterday’s DVD screeners hit the Internet via P2P/BitTorrent suppliers. These upstarts continue to slice the top off the so-called ‘piracy pyramid’.

According to TorrentFreak sources who asked to remain anonymous, the nine movies came from three different sources. One accounted for the Hobbit and another Big Hero 6. The remaining seven all came from a single source. The encoding on these is described as “choppy” suggesting the leaker may not be an experienced pirate.

Update: More screeners have leaked including The Gambler, Inherent Vice, A Most Violent Year and Kill The Messenger.
GrooThePerverted
GrooThePerverted

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/8/2015, 2:45 pm

Wow! I did manage to check out one and the quality is very poor even by screener standards.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 1/8/2015, 3:47 pm

I just wanna watch John Wick again! Leak leak leak!
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 1/8/2015, 7:12 pm

Holy shit it was 10 degrees here today. (That's -12 celcius for Russ.) Fugggg my legs nearly froze solid. Damn, it wasn't even this cold last year but it snowed a whole lot. I hope it snows very little this year. Cold is fine, just no snow, please!
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/8/2015, 7:58 pm

I think I prefer snow over the cold. Snow gives you school closings where the cold just doesn't give a shit. lol!
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 1/8/2015, 8:42 pm

joey con carne wrote:Holy shit it was 10 degrees here today. (That's -12 celcius for Russ.) Fugggg my legs nearly froze solid. Damn, it wasn't even this cold last year but it snowed a whole lot. I hope it snows very little this year. Cold is fine, just no snow, please!

Unlucky! Though I prefer cold/rain.

Was a lovely 35 here today (95F).
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 1/9/2015, 8:47 pm

God damn. What a shitty week. Besides being cold enough to freeze my nuts, work has been kicking my ass. A project I thought would only take four hours turns out it will take at least twelve. I didn't even have time to post. I would pop in here to read any updates and then get right back to my spreadsheets. I felt like I was going insane today. This weekend is definitely going to be used wisely to wind down. I could use a trip to Australia and use some of Russ' 35 degree weather!

I plan on marathoning Lord of the Rings Extended Editions all day Saturday. I will take breaks to eat and hit the BR. Will be eating and watching at the same time. Food prep, I guess.

Come to think of it, watching all the movies back to back will be like a full day of work! Almost 12 hours. Fuck it. I'm gonna sleep in a bit and start at 10am.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by GrooThePerverted 1/9/2015, 10:35 pm

So I got this movie on VUDU tonight.  This shit offends me to no end, BUT...it's fucking fascinating.  Will probably watch this weekend.

GrooThePerverted
GrooThePerverted

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 1/10/2015, 12:53 pm

When Wylde started the old board (look at us, we have an "old" board!) and we all had grand plans and Agent made that tumblr, I made a tumblr too thinking I'd do something, but I never did. I got an email today that my tumblr, "Title TBD" turned 3, hahaha
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/10/2015, 3:47 pm

Tyger wrote:When Wylde started the old board (look at us, we have an "old" board!) and we all had grand plans and Agent made that tumblr, I made a tumblr too thinking I'd do something, but I never did. I got an email today that my tumblr, "Title TBD" turned 3, hahaha

Well unfortunately we never managed to find a single person on the interwebs with any coding skill willing to help us.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 1/10/2015, 7:45 pm

We could make a website, it just wouldn't be anything fancy or original
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/10/2015, 8:15 pm

WyldeMan wrote:
Tyger wrote:When Wylde started the old board (look at us, we have an "old" board!) and we all had grand plans and Agent made that tumblr, I made a tumblr too thinking I'd do something, but I never did. I got an email today that my tumblr, "Title TBD" turned 3, hahaha

Well unfortunately we never managed to find a single person on the interwebs with any coding skill willing to help us.

I'm very satisfied with what we've found here actually. Overall, this forum is way more user friendly and easy to work with than the old one. I hated the way the quote worked in the old one among other things.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/10/2015, 9:30 pm

Look at this shit right here:

Maybe my kid's grandchildren will get to drive one of these. lol!
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by GrooThePerverted 1/10/2015, 9:32 pm

Comedian/Actor Taylor Negron passed away from Cancer today. Motherfucker. I liked this guy but hadn't seen him in anything in a long time.

Random Thoughts - Page 5 600full-taylor-negron
GrooThePerverted
GrooThePerverted

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 1/12/2015, 8:34 am

His face is very familiar but I couldn't name anything in which I recall him starring. Always sad when a person dies so young from cancer.

Currently sitting alone in my room. Sucks to be back at work after a tiring weekend.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 1/13/2015, 6:17 am

I need a bed.

My life needs a pause and rewind button, too. Ugh.

Hope everyone is doing well on this Tuesday morning.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/13/2015, 6:19 pm

Does anybody know what the hell happened to Agent and Gamma? Agent joined but has yet to make a single post while Gamma posted 10 times and hasn't been here since before Christmas. Are they just blowing up the other board with you guys?

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 1/13/2015, 7:17 pm

I've seen Gammar post a lot on blu-ray.com. I don't post there, though. I just go there for the dating thread and deals. : )

I've been so busy at work. I usually have a few moments every day to post some bullshit here and there but now I'm just getting stacked. I'm being pulled in four different directions at once right now and only have time to run out to grab lunch and eat at my desk.

By the time I get home I'm so tired I just want to sleep. Sucks to be me.

In other news, I was gonna get an apartment but turned it down. I am gonna save for another year or so and just go full tilt and become a homeowner. Or a co-op/condo owner. Something. I gotta make some moves. Can't be living at home for much longer. I hate living in NYC sometimes. Real estate is so blown up. I'm gonna move out to Long Island or something.

Side note: Did you change the font or something? It looks funny. Maybe it's my Chrome browser. It had problems with blu-ray.com a while back.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by GrooThePerverted 1/13/2015, 8:18 pm

I had a weird ass dream last night that some guy died who I didn't know, but it turned out he was my biological dad.  And he left me with a shit ton of money, like...billions.

And so I called Twink up and had him fly out here and I hired him to manage my taxes and all that type of shit.

I said "I want to bring my business to your company, and for you to handle it"

And then his bosses went behind his back and fired him and tried to keep my business.  So I told them that they had to hire him back, promote him double his salary and give him an immediate 20K bonus, or I would pull my multi-billion dollar business to somewhere else.

I was like "I'm heading to the airport. If he doesn't call me before I get there saying that all of that is happening, you will not get my business."

So like 10 minutes later Twink calls all excited like "what the fuck just happened?"

lol.  Good times.
GrooThePerverted
GrooThePerverted

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/13/2015, 10:19 pm

GrooThePerverted wrote:I had a weird ass dream last night that some guy died who I didn't know, but it turned out he was my biological dad.  And he left me with a shit ton of money, like...billions.

And so I called Twink up and had him fly out here and I hired him to manage my taxes and all that type of shit.

I said "I want to bring my business to your company, and for you to handle it"

And then his bosses went behind his back and fired him and tried to keep my business.  So I told them that they had to hire him back, promote him double his salary and give him an immediate 20K bonus, or I would pull my multi-billion dollar business to somewhere else.

I was like "I'm heading to the airport. If he doesn't call me before I get there saying that all of that is happening, you will not get my business."

So like 10 minutes later Twink calls all excited like "what the fuck just happened?"

lol.  Good times.

I really thought that last phone call was going to consist of Twinkie yelling SHOW ME THE MONEY!

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14 ... 23  Next