BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gambit (Channing Tatum) (2017)

5 posters

Go down

Gambit (Channing Tatum) (2017) Empty Gambit (Channing Tatum) (2017)

Post by WyldeMan 6/15/2015, 10:46 am

Gambit (Channing Tatum) (2017) Gambit10
At long last, the Gambit movie has found its director. Channing Tatum came onboard the X-Men spinoff last year, and 20th Century Fox quickly staked out an October 7, 2016 release date. But the project has been slow-going when it comes to finding a director, with the clock ticking and October 2016 looming closer. Reports swirled that Tatum reached out to folks like Bennett Miller (Foxcatcher) to take the helm, but EW now reports that Rise of the Planet of the Apes director Rupert Wyatt has been tapped to steer this particular superhero ship.

Gambit aka Remy LeBeau is a fan-favorite character from the X-Men comics, a New Orleans native with a penchant for gambling and turning objects (like playing cards) into throw-able explosives. Taylor Kitsch filled the role in the 2009 misfire X-Men Origins: Wolverine, but with Gambit Tatum aims to jumpstart a new X-Men franchise as the series proper is currently at a high point; the 80s-set X-Men: Apocalypse currently in production.

Wyatt first gained notice with his 2008 film The Escapist before helming the pleasantly surprising Apes reboot. Last year he turned his attention to crime drama territory in the Mark Wahlberg-fronted remake The Gambler to somewhat ho-hum results, but he’s certainly proved capable of infusing blockbuster material with smarts and humanity, so he seems like a solid fit for Gambit.

Tatum is not only starring in Gambit but also producing alongside Reid Carolin, Lauren Schuler Donner, and Simon Kinberg. With a filmmaker now set, expect production to get underway later this year.

Last edited by WyldeMan on 1/11/2016, 9:20 am; edited 6 times in total

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Gambit (Channing Tatum) (2017) Empty Re: Gambit (Channing Tatum) (2017)

Post by WyldeMan 7/25/2015, 10:24 am

Casting Call For Reveals Filming Start And Potential Character Details
With a release date set for late next year, 20th Century Fox's Gambit movie is currently gearing up for production in New Orleans and under the working title... Chess. Now according to Showbiz411, the X-Men spin-off is not only set to commence principal photography in October, but it's also looking to fill a number of supporting roles right now. The source notes that each of the roles in the following casting call includes a deal for future sequels, which has oddly led some to believe that Channing Tatum's Remy LeBeau will replace Huge Jackman's Wolverine as Fox's leading mutant.

Louis– Male, any ethnicity, 40s-50s. Elegant and intelligent. An appealing entrepreneur with an unexpected dark side. 

Vera– Female, any ethnicity, mid 20s – early 30s. Beautiful, smart, tough, fiery and unpredictable.

Wes– Male, any ethnicity, mid 20s – mid 30s. Aspirational but weak minded. Soulful and sensitive.

Fritz– Male, any ethnicity, 40s – 50s. A professional thief. Charismatic con-artist. Warm hearted but untrustworthy.

Nash– Male, any ethnicity, mid 20s – early 30s. A potent threat. Heir to his mother’s business. Malevolent.

Willhelm– Male, any ethnicity, 30s. Dangerous street criminal. Protective and loyal to his family. Intensely loyal and violent.

Gary– Male, any ethnicity, mid 20s – early 30s. A little simple; dim-witted and passive.

Nonna—Female, any ethnicity, mid 20s – 30 years old. Uptight, corporate, vicious, sexual.

Joe– Male, any ethnicity, 30s. He’s a gun for hire. He is the black sheep of his family. Not from good breeding but from a working class family.

Ben–Male, any ethnicity, 20s. Just reaching adulthood. A street kid, a disaffected outsider, an orphan.

Boris–Male, Hispanic, 20s. Charming, handsome, and dangerous..

Clarissa– Female, mixed race, 10 – 12 years old. Ethereal and other worldly. Very expressive.

Wolfgang– Male, authentic French, 40s. A French criminal. Must speak fluent French.

Howard– Male, Caucasian. 50s. A refined European mobster who speaks fluent French.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/29/2015, 11:41 am

‘Gambit’ in Jeopardy as Tatum Deal Unravels

Channing Tatum’s “Gambit” deal is in jeopardy of falling apart and he is planning to exit the comic book project at 20th Century Fox, an individual with knowledge of the situation has told TheWrap.

The studio had been in the process of testing young actresses to star alongside Tatum, including Lea Seydoux, but insiders suggest that director Rupert Wyatt will soon have to find a new leading man.

It is unclear whether Tatum and his producing partner Reid Carolin plan to remain involved in a producing capacity, or whether Simon Kinberg and Lauren Shuler Donner will move forward on their own.

One individual close to the project told TheWrap that Tatum’s reps are still in active discussions with the studio but acknowledged that “something is up.” The situation will have to be resolved quickly, as “Gambit” is slated for release on Oct. 7, 2016.

Tatum recently appeared at San Diego Comic-Con to hype his turn as New Orleans thief Remy LeBeau, a.k.a. Gambit. The character was originally played by Taylor Kitsch in 2009’s “X-Men Origins: Wolverine.”

“Gambit” has long been a passion project for Tatum, whose attachment encouraged 20th Century Fox to ramp up production. However, Tatum also has larger ambitions, which may play a role in the current situation.

In a recent Grantland profile, Carolin said that he and Tatum are planning to make their directorial debut soon, so it’s possible that the star’s desire to segue behind the camera is factoring into his decision. The actor also slated to star in “23 Jump Street” for Sony.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 7/29/2015, 9:16 pm

Channing is cool but I never really thought he fit the character unless they were going with a different version for the movie. I don't have a problem with this. I think they can find someone else.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/1/2015, 6:47 pm

Turned out to be all bullshit, Tatum closed his deal this week.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 8/1/2015, 7:19 pm

I don't know about this but lets see what we get.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/6/2015, 8:15 pm

Gambit (Channing Tatum) (2017) N5aqs010
Now that Channing Tatum has been set for Fox’s Rupert Wyatt-directed X-Men spinoff Gambit, the studio is working on locking his female lead. This is a hotly contested job, the role of Belladonna Boudreaux aka Bella, and they’ve got a trio of the best and brightest testing next week. I’m hearing that Rebecca Ferguson, a revelation in Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation, will be testing; so will Lea Seydoux, who moved from Blue Is The Warmest Color to the 007 film Spectre; and finally Abbey Lee, who moved from Mad Max: Fury Road to the Alex Proyas-directed Gods Of Eygpt to landing the co-lead in the Nicolas Winding Refn-directed film Neon Demon. Stay tuned. In X-Men lore, Bella was Gambit’s love since childhood, but she eventually gained powers of her own and became head of the Assassin’s Guild. Gambit, aka Remy LeBeau, was head of the Thieves Guild.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/16/2015, 6:38 pm

Rupert Wyatt Dropping Out Of ‘Gambit’
I’ve got confirmation that Rupert Wyatt has in fact exited Gambit. There are rumors that there was some disagreement over script and budget, but the director’s camp says it came down to timing. The film was supposed to start in November, and it moved to March, clashing with another commitment, though they wouldn’t say what the other film is. Wyatt issued this statement: “I was very much looking forward to working with my friend Channing and the team at Fox, but regrettably a push in the start date now conflicts with another project. I thank them for the opportunity, and I know that Gambit will make a terrific film.”

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 9/16/2015, 9:20 pm

This movie is having a rough start.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 9/16/2015, 9:45 pm

Because it's a Gambit movie. Gambit sucks.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/17/2015, 8:02 am

Tyger wrote:Because it's a Gambit movie. Gambit sucks.

My knowledge of Gambit is related almost entirely to the 90s mini-series, I would have loved a movie about that guy when I was a kid. But at 30, I can't say that prospect still excites me. I find Channing to be a very amusing actor but he's not the kind of actor I'd cast in this role, so it's just not a movie that interests me much and now that Wyatt is gone there is absolutely no reason for this to happen. Like the Crow remake the studio needs to let it go.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/13/2015, 10:24 am

Doug Liman in Final Negotiations to Direct 'Gambit'
Gambit (Channing Tatum) (2017) Doug-l10

After losing original director Rupert Wyatt and with an October 7, 2016, release looming like a hangman, Fox has furiously met with filmmakers to hop on board to direct the X-Men spin-off Gambit.

The name the studio has found is a surprising one: Doug Liman.

Liman is in final negotiations to direct the comic book movie after a several rounds of meetings, including one that took place Thursday.

Liman certainly knows his way around action movies. He last directed the well-regarded sci-fi action movie Edge of Tomorrow, which starred Tom Cruise. He is also known for directing Mr. & Mrs. Smith and The Bourne Identity, two massive hits, commercially and critically.

But those two movies are also famously known for having been troubled productions, with the films needing to be saved in post-production. Fox distributed 2005's Smith, while Stacey Snider, now co-chairman of Fox, was the chairman of Universal who oversaw the tumultuous making of 2002's Bourne.

Still, Liman has had time to mend relations. He just wrapped Mena, a 1980s drug cartel drama that reteams him with Cruise and will be distributed by Universal.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/11/2016, 9:20 am

Looks like Channing has been growing his hair out in preparation for the role, with filming to begin in March.

Gambit (Channing Tatum) (2017) Channi10

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/12/2016, 6:59 pm

This movie is happening then. Personally, I don't see the need for a solo Gambit movie but we shall see. Is this a way to please the fans that were disappointed with him in Wolverine Origins?
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/12/2016, 8:27 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:This movie is happening then. Personally, I don't see the need for a solo Gambit movie but we shall see. Is this a way to please the fans that were disappointed with him in Wolverine Origins?

No it's a shameless cash grab.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 1/12/2016, 9:04 pm

WyldeMan wrote:
UltimateMarvel wrote:This movie is happening then. Personally, I don't see the need for a solo Gambit movie but we shall see. Is this a way to please the fans that were disappointed with him in Wolverine Origins?

No it's a shameless cash grab.

True indeed. It's a Marvel comic book character, and in world where Ant-Man can bring in half a billion at the box office, it's a no-brainer.

Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/12/2016, 10:08 pm

Good point. I never liked the idea of an Ant-Man movie but they made it work. Not sure if this is going to be part of the MCU but I don't think it'll turn out the same way for this. Ant-Man was a success internationally more if I'm not wrong. Then again you've got Magic Mike here so the ladies will be watching so......could go either way.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 1/12/2016, 10:24 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Good point. I never liked the idea of an Ant-Man movie but they made it work. Not sure if this is going to be part of the MCU but I don't think it'll turn out the same way for this. Ant-Man was a success internationally more if I'm not wrong. Then again you've got Magic Mike here so the ladies will be watching so......could go either way.

Though it is Shaky Cam Limen directing it. Pretty sure it'll make me nauseous, regardless of the story.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 1/13/2016, 8:46 am

Rusty Cunt wrote:
UltimateMarvel wrote:Good point. I never liked the idea of an Ant-Man movie but they made it work. Not sure if this is going to be part of the MCU but I don't think it'll turn out the same way for this. Ant-Man was a success internationally more if I'm not wrong. Then again you've got Magic Mike here so the ladies will be watching so......could go either way.

Though it is Shaky Cam Limen directing it. Pretty sure it'll make me nauseous, regardless of the story.

Paul Greengrass is the shakey cam one that directed the second and third Bourne films

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 1/13/2016, 5:34 pm

ForeverBlu wrote:

Paul Greengrass is the shakey cam one that directed the second and third Bourne films

Fuck. He was too. Limen was only an EP on 2 of the other 3 Bourne's.

I've held distaste for him ever since, and it wasn't even him! haha
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/13/2016, 7:43 pm

Rusty Cunt wrote:
ForeverBlu wrote:

Fuck. He was too. Limen was only an EP on 2 of the other 3 Bourne's.

I've held distaste for him ever since, and it wasn't even him! haha

To be fair, it's really hard to distinguish one directors shaky cam style from another directors shaky cam style. It's usually just close ups and quick cuts that are hard to see while it's happening, hell even Ridley Scott even pulls that shit in his action scenes. It's fair to just hate them all for it cause there's no such thing as doing shaky cam well.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/28/2016, 8:18 am

Fox Announces Two Untitled Marvel Films, Pull GAMBIT From 2016 Release Date
Seeing as how Channing Tatum's Gambit has yet to start filming, it should come as no surprise that the film will not hold on to its October 2016 release date.  The film is scheduled to start filming next month for a release sometime in 2017 according to producer Simon Kinberg.  This means the Untitled Fox/Marvel film to be released on October 6, 2017 could be Gambit.  Last month, Tatum unveiled his Gambit haircut at the Golden Globe Awards.  The project was was originally scheduled to start filming back in November 2015 but director Rupert Wyatt dropped out.  Doug Liman is expected to replace him.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/30/2016, 12:56 pm

‘Gambit’ Movie Delayed Again
Doug Liman has moved on from the Gambit movie for the time being in order to direct the sniper thriller, The Wall; this according to a report from The Wrap. Rumblings behind the scenes continue to spell trouble for the Gambit movie, with the movie being delayed, again, due to script issues. Originally slated to be released this October, The Wrap also reports that Channing Tatum’s producing partner, Reid Carolin, is now rewriting the script with Liman saying he will start his casting search from scratch aside from star and producer Tatum once he returns. Lea Seydoux was originally cast as the leading lady back when Rupert Wyatt was on as director, now her involvement is up in the air.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 3/30/2016, 12:58 pm

It was confirmed on twitter that Lea has left the project.

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/30/2016, 1:01 pm

ForeverBlu wrote:It was confirmed on twitter that Lea has left the project.

Gambit and The Crow are two projects that change directors every few months and yet just won't go away.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 3/30/2016, 1:17 pm

Unlike The Crow, Gambit will probably happen.

Channing is still in demand, plus I think he joined the
the X-Men crew at SDCC last summer.

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/30/2016, 2:00 pm

ForeverBlu wrote:Unlike The Crow, Gambit will probably happen.

Channing is still in demand, plus I think he joined the
the X-Men crew at SDCC  last summer.

The Crow is still a top priority for Relativity so expect it to happen.

Channing ensures this gets made too but if it were up to fans I don't know if either movie is really wanted.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 3/30/2016, 2:29 pm

Yep, I'm not personally interested in a Gambit solo movie. I'm still surprised that he's getting his own movie.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/6/2016, 4:00 pm

‘X-Men’ Producer Explains Delays to Tatum’s ‘Gambit’
Although Channing Tatum has been confirmed to play the lead role in the “X-Men” spinoff “Gambit” since 2014, the film has been pushed back to 2017 at the earliest.

Simon Kinberg, a producer and writer, addressed the delays in an interview with Slashfilm: “I think the truth is when you have these movies that need a very special and unique tone, it takes a little while to find that tone,” he said. “‘Deadpool’ feels like it exploded out of nowhere, but it was a 10-year development process on that movie. I think it was honed over those 10 years.”

He continued, “I hope that ‘Gambit’ doesn’t take 10 years, but it takes a little honing to get that tone and that voice exactly right. The character has such a specific voice in the comic in the same way that ‘Deadpool’ has a specific voice in the comic, that we want to make sure that we capture that voice on the page. Really it’s just about getting a screenplay that is worthy of that character, and I think we’re really close right now.”

Last year, the pushed release caused director Rupert Wyatt to exit the project. “I was very much looking forward to working with my friend Channing and the team at Fox, but regrettably a push in the start date now conflicts with another project,” he said at the time.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 8/6/2016, 9:51 pm

Just cancel it already.

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 8/6/2016, 10:49 pm

ForeverBlu wrote:Just cancel it already.

Please.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 8/7/2016, 11:42 am

Yeah, nobody is interested in this. Put him in a Wolverine movie or with the X-Men.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/7/2016, 12:23 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Yeah, nobody is interested in this. Put him in a Wolverine movie or with the X-Men.

An introduction in a spin-off might be the only way to sell Gambit. I don't remember much about him beyond his telekinetic throwing of playing cards and his Cajun accent but I really only remember him from the 90's animated series and the Taylor Kitsch abomination.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 8/7/2016, 6:26 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Yeah, nobody is interested in this. Put him in a Wolverine movie or with the X-Men.

WyldeMan wrote:

An introduction in a spin-off might be the only way to sell Gambit. I don't remember much about him beyond his telekinetic throwing of playing cards and his Cajun accent but I really only remember him from the 90's animated series and the Taylor Kitsch abomination.

It needs to be a multi-character movie. Not another team movie - but a 2-3 character thing.

Gambit on his own will be a shitfest. Most of his best stuff in the comics I read was his constant butting heads with Wolverine, and his on again/off again relationship with Rogue.

I say wait until the X-verse gets a reboot, recast, then do a Wolverine/Rogue movie, and introduce Gambit in that.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down