BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jigsaw (fka Saw: Legacy) (October 27)

4 posters

Go down

Jigsaw (fka Saw: Legacy) (October 27) Empty Jigsaw (fka Saw: Legacy) (October 27)

Post by WyldeMan 2/8/2016, 5:29 pm

Jigsaw (fka Saw: Legacy) (October 27) Mv5bnz10
Back in 2004 Jigsaw became a household name when Lionsgate carved out a theatrical release for James Wan and Leigh Whannell’s low-budget festival fav Saw.

It was so successful that it became an annual tradition to expect a new Saw sequel each and every October.

The games came to an end with 2010’s Saw 3D (Saw: The Final Chapter), which was pegged as the end of the franchise. Yet, the final scene set up a world that could easily be expanded.

Since then, Lionsgate has been taking a breather. We’ve reported multiple times that the seventh Saw wasn’t the end, and that the studio has even considered remaking Wan and Whannell’s film that’s one of the most important horror films of all time.

After five years of pitches, and a re-release of the classic back in 2014, Lionsgate has decided to move forward with an eighth film in the franchise, according to a trustworthy tracking board.

Lionsgate has tapped writing duo Josh Stolberg and Pete Goldfinger – the duo behind Sorority Row, Piranha 3D and Piranha 3DD – to pen Saw: Legacy, although there’s no story details at this time.

James Wan, who has gone on to direct Insidious, The Conjuring, Dead Silence and Fast 7, will executive produce with Whannell.
Jigsaw (fka Saw: Legacy) (October 27) SAW

Last edited by WyldeMan on 10/20/2017, 6:57 pm; edited 3 times in total
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Jigsaw (fka Saw: Legacy) (October 27) Empty Re: Jigsaw (fka Saw: Legacy) (October 27)

Post by ForeverBlu 2/9/2016, 7:09 am

No No No No No No No No

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Jigsaw (fka Saw: Legacy) (October 27) Empty Re: Jigsaw (fka Saw: Legacy) (October 27)

Post by WyldeMan 2/9/2016, 8:57 am

ForeverBlu wrote:No No No No No No No No

I figured you'd enjoy this news, isn't terrible horror your thing?

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 2/9/2016, 12:56 pm

WyldeMan wrote:

This franchise should've remained a trilogy.

After Saw III it was all about how nasty the traps could be.

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/9/2016, 1:39 pm

ForeverBlu wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:

This franchise should've remained a trilogy.

After Saw III it was all about how nasty the traps could be.

That's how the trailers always made it look but like I said I was done after 2.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/21/2017, 9:51 am

Eighth ‘Saw’ Movie Gets a New Name
Lionsgate has swapped the title of its eighth “Saw” film from “Saw: Legacy” to “Jigsaw.”

The horror franchise revolves around the fictional character John Kramer, also called the “Jigsaw Killer” or “Jigsaw,” who traps victims in situations that test their will to live. “Jigsaw” will open four days before Halloween on Oct. 27 in the U.S., followed by international launches in early 2018.

The movie was shot in November and is in post-production. Variety reported in January that Laura Vandervoort and Hannah Anderson had been announced as the first actors. Tobin Bell has played Jigsaw in the previous films

The film — the first “Saw” title in seven years — is directed by the sibling team of Peter and Michael Spierig from a script by Pete Goldfinger, Josh Stolberg, James Wan, and Leigh Whannell. Producers are Mark Burg, Gregg Hoffman, and Oren Koules, the trio that has produced all eight films.

Lionsgate has long specialized in genre fare such as the “Saw” franchise, produced by Twisted Pictures. The original “Saw” cost $1.2 million in 2004 and was Wan’s feature film directorial debut from a screenplay by Whannell. Cary Elwes, Danny Glover, Monica Potter, Michael Emerson, Ken Leung, Tobin Bell, and Whannell starred.

The first seven “Saw” films grossed more than $870 million worldwide combined. The Spierig brothers’ credits include 2003’s “Undead” and 2009’s “Daybreakers.”

The announcement about the name change came on Wednesday through the horror series’ official Twitter account.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 6/21/2017, 11:25 am

I'll call it Dead Horse.

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Jigsaw (fka Saw: Legacy) (October 27) Empty Jigsaw (October 27, 2017)

Post by UltimateMarvel 7/20/2017, 12:12 pm

Jigsaw (fka Saw: Legacy) (October 27) Mv5bnz10

Bodies are turning up around the city, each having met a uniquely gruesome demise. As the investigation proceeds, evidence points to one man: John Kramer. But how can this be? The man known as Jigsaw has been dead for over a decade.

Directors: Michael Spierig, Peter Spierig
Writers: Pete Goldfinger, Josh Stolberg, James Wan (creator), Leigh Whannell (creator)
Stars: Laura Vandervoort, Tobin Bell, Callum Keith Rennie

UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/20/2017, 2:10 pm

Merged. Cool

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 7/20/2017, 5:42 pm

Nice! I didn't know there was a thread already. Trailer looks awesome and Laura is in it, I will be seeing it. I wish they had that iconic Saw theme in the trailer but it BETTER be in the movie.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/20/2017, 7:52 am

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 10/20/2017, 3:47 pm

This is gonna be fun to watch.

Also, copy my post with the poster to the top of the page. You have my permission! Razz
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 10/20/2017, 5:34 pm

I think I've watched one of these movies.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/20/2017, 6:59 pm

I'm watching SG1 right now and Tobin Bell is guest starring in the episode playing, season one episode 16 "Enigma" from back in '98.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/14/2018, 5:53 pm

I always enjoyed this franchise. This was good. It feels like a good way to end it. Everything came full circle but they also left it open for more films in the future. The games are just as fun as always. My favorite still has to be the first movie though.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/14/2018, 6:46 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:I always enjoyed this franchise. This was good. It feels like a good way to end it. Everything came full circle but they also left it open for more films in the future. The games are just as fun as always. My favorite still has to be the first movie though.

Abe when he's not posting on this board...

Jigsaw (fka Saw: Legacy) (October 27) Giphy
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/14/2018, 8:33 pm

No, that only happens once a week. Twisted Evil

Seriously, I love the games and I was actually laughing in this movie. You just have to listen to the instructions carefully, he's always honest about the rules of the games. Fear makes people do dumb things.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down