BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Thoughts

5 posters

Page 6 of 23 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 23  Next

Go down

5 - Random Thoughts - Page 6 Empty Re: Random Thoughts

Post by WyldeMan 8/24/2022, 3:41 pm

joey con carne wrote:Peacock is pretty okay. Just watched The Black Phone the other day.

I know how much you love WWE so be prepared you will not be able to watch the latest Monday Night Raw or Smackdowns. Last time I checked a couple weeks ago, June was the latest episodes. Whack.

For $20 it's definitely worth a year.

I love Law and Order so just for those shows alone it is worth it.

I know that Parks and Rec is on Peacock and that makes this a solid deal for me. I've been so bummed since it was pulled from Hulu nearly two years ago so that alone makes it worth the $20 for the year for me. Up until that point, I'd pretty much still been watching Parks and Rec fairly regularly since the series ended its original run in 2015.

New WWE episodes still air on Hulu the next day but I read fairly recently that the RAW licensing deal between Hulu and WWE expires before the end of this year, so you'll probably see the more recent RAW episodes start popping up on the Cock in the new year. However it was only last year that WWE and Peacock reached their five year $1 Billion dollar deal for the library and the right to show the "live events" which used to be called PPVs.

Damn it Joey, if you're going to keep insisting on watching Dick Wolf ruin a series than I am going to keep insisting that you watch Miami Vice.

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 8/24/2022, 5:27 pm

What's everyone's thoughts on Biden cancelling student loans today? He was late on his promise but it's finally done and with everything going up, I think we need this right now. I'm not thinking about the ramifications of this or how we're going to pay for it somehow in the future, I'm just glad it's not going to hang over my head. This gets rid of a HUGE chunk for me and I think for most people, now I can pay off my loan by next week if I wanted to.

For those with $100k+ loans though, best of luck!
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/24/2022, 6:06 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:What's everyone's thoughts on Biden cancelling student loans today? He was late on his promise but it's finally done and with everything going up, I think we need this right now. I'm not thinking about the ramifications of this or how we're going to pay for it somehow in the future, I'm just glad it's not going to hang over my head. This gets rid of a HUGE chunk for me and I think for most people, now I can pay off my loan by next week if I wanted to.

For those with $100k+ loans though, best of luck!

But what about all those future female doctors who've been stripping their way through medical school?!?! What reason will they have to work the pole now?? Won't somebody please think of the exotic dancers?!?!?!!?

On a more serious note, how many more years would you have been spending the majority of your income on your student loans before it would have been paid off?

I wouldn't worry too much about the ramifications of this either, after all this is America and we do not look back or forward as we live only in the now! YOLO is the national motto.

Ahmurica Fuck YA!

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 8/24/2022, 6:13 pm

LOL, thanks for that, Wylde.

The idea is terrible. Inflation is around 9% now. Going to go higher. I cannot reconcile someone with a college education who will likely make more than those without, having their student loans forgiven. Guess who is going to be paying for this?

No one who makes $125k a year needs to have their loan forgiven. And $250k? LOL at $250k you're bringing home almost $14,000 a month after taxes. $125k is around $7,000 after taxes. I know not everyone having their loans forgiven makes that much but just putting some numbers into perspective.

Good strategy by Biden, though. Need to buy as many votes as possible with mid-terms coming up.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 8/24/2022, 7:59 pm

WyldeMan wrote:But what about all those future female doctors who've been stripping their way through medical school?!?! What reason will they have to work the pole now?? Won't somebody please think of the exotic dancers?!?!?!!?  

FUCK!

5 - Random Thoughts - Page 6 Giphy

WyldeMan wrote:On a more serious note, how many more years would you have been spending the majority of your income on your student loans before it would have been paid off?

2 years probably without making financial sacrifices. Had $27k total, now I might have only $7k left if I qualify for the additional $10k.

WyldeMan wrote:I wouldn't worry too much about the ramifications of this either, after all this is America and we do not look back or forward as we live only in the now! YOLO is the national motto.

Ahmurica Fuck YA!

FUCK YA!!!

joey con carne wrote:LOL, thanks for that, Wylde.

The idea is terrible. Inflation is around 9% now. Going to go higher. I cannot reconcile someone with a college education who will likely make more than those without, having their student loans forgiven. Guess who is going to be paying for this?

Even if payment were to resume, nobody would be able to make those payments at this time anyway.

joey con carne wrote:No one who makes $125k a year needs to have their loan forgiven. And $250k? LOL at $250k you're bringing home almost $14,000 a month after taxes. $125k is around $7,000 after taxes. I know not everyone having their loans forgiven makes that much but just putting some numbers into perspective.

If I made $125k a year I would happily pay mine off but the reality is most people don't.

joey con carne wrote:Good strategy by Biden, though. Need to buy as many votes as possible with mid-terms coming up.

I don't think this will sway anyone. No way Joey, democrat and republican voters will always vote for their parties no matter what.

I'm guessing you both don't have loans?
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 8/24/2022, 8:33 pm

I owe less than $10k so I’m excited
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/25/2022, 10:00 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:I don't think this will sway anyone. No way Joey, democrat and republican voters will always vote for their parties no matter what.

I'm guessing you both don't have loans?

No, I tried community college when I was in my early 20's and was looking at joining the metal workers union or the HVAC union but I pretty much went into full-time airplane work right out of high school and then was making more right from the jump than I could have with any degree that I'd have eventually have earned. We now live in an age where new millionaires are being made every day from shit that no longer even requires basic talent, let alone an overpriced college degree.

If I want to learn something then I do and I don't need a degree for that cause I'm an Ahmurican and that means I'm drunk on hubris and you can't learn me no better!

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/25/2022, 11:57 am

Brand new Sly Stallone as a bad ass old superhero, dropping on Prime tomorrow. Who's down? Cool

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 8/25/2022, 5:21 pm

WyldeMan wrote:No, I tried community college when I was in my early 20's and was looking at joining the metal workers union or the HVAC union but I pretty much went into full-time airplane work right out of high school and then was making more right from the jump than I could have with any degree that I'd have eventually have earned. We now live in an age where new millionaires are being made every day from shit that no longer even requires basic talent, let alone an overpriced college degree.

That's for damn sure! And everybody who did what they were told to do growing up got fucked. It seems like doing the opposite is the only way to make some real money.

WyldeMan wrote:Brand new Sly Stallone as a bad ass old superhero, dropping on Prime tomorrow. Who's down? Cool

Yeah, I'll watch it during the weekend.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/25/2022, 7:24 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:That's for damn sure! And everybody who did what they were told to do growing up got fucked. It seems like doing the opposite is the only way to make some real money.

Greed is good. Cool

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 8/25/2022, 8:04 pm

I’ll check it out this weekend
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/26/2022, 11:28 am

Olivia Wilde continues to prove what a classless broad she is and I look forward to audiences destroying the total shit show that is Don't Worry Darlings.

It's being destroyed by everybody who's seen it and the reviews haven't even started hitting the public yet but as a distraction Olivia keeps talking shit about Jason Sudekis acting like he was too toxic for her and she had to escape him and also telling everybody again that she fired Shia LeBeouf because he also was too toxic for her movie set and how Shia was too combative and his acting process wasn't conducive to her perfectly harmonious set and how he was too toxic and she just had to fire him to protect Florence Pugh from him but it seems like Florence and Shia just didn't click but it wasn't out of fear. Meanwhile Olivia was fucking his replacement in between set visits from her family.

Shia's side according to the text messages and emails he's released is that he wanted time to rehearse with the actors before filming but Olivia doesn't allow time for that on her sets, so Shia sat down with her and declined to be in her movie and then Olivia began publicly trashing him and telling everybody that she had to fire him to protect her cast from him.

Who's going to want to work with this broad after this shit show? Not to mention after all that, the movie is total trash??? Razz

I'm not saying Shia is a good guy or even a normal one, I just find it amusing that in a battle with Shia LeBeouf, Olivia Wilde is coming out looking like the asshole.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/26/2022, 2:30 pm

In a follow up to my Samaritan post, there is no need to rush to watching it. I just finished it and am pretty disappointed with how basic and entirely predictable it was. It's not the worst movie Stallone has ever made but it's certainly not Demolition Man either.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 8/26/2022, 5:52 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Greed is good. Cool

Now it seems it's legal. Shout out to Gordon!

WyldeMan wrote:Olivia Wilde continues to prove what a classless broad she is and I look forward to audiences destroying the total shit show that is Don't Worry Darlings.

It's being destroyed by everybody who's seen it and the reviews haven't even started hitting the public yet but as a distraction Olivia keeps talking shit about Jason Sudekis acting like he was too toxic for her and she had to escape him and also telling everybody again that she fired Shia LeBeouf because he also was too toxic for her movie set and how Shia was too combative and his acting process wasn't conducive to her perfectly harmonious set and how he was too toxic and she just had to fire him to protect Florence Pugh from him but it seems like Florence and Shia just didn't click but it wasn't out of fear. Meanwhile Olivia was fucking his replacement in between set visits from her family.

Shia's side according to the text messages and emails he's released is that he wanted time to rehearse with the actors before filming but Olivia doesn't allow time for that on her sets, so Shia sat down with her and declined to be in her movie and then Olivia began publicly trashing him and telling everybody that she had to fire him to protect her cast from him.

Who's going to want to work with this broad after this shit show? Not to mention after all that, the movie is total trash??? Razz

I'm not saying Shia is a good guy or even a normal one, I just find it amusing that in a battle with Shia LeBeouf, Olivia Wilde is coming out looking like the asshole.

Damn, didn't know Shia was involved first. Shia instead of Harry would have been amazing! Not giving them time to rehearse? She is looking like a real bitch lately. Is this how older women in midlife crisis act?
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 8/26/2022, 8:42 pm

Notification popped up on my phone this morning. It's been another lap around the Sun since Groo's passing.

Time fucking flies. Still miss talking to that dude.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/27/2022, 10:51 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:Damn, didn't know Shia was involved first. Shia instead of Harry would have been amazing! Not giving them time to rehearse? She is looking like a real bitch lately. Is this how older women in midlife crisis act?

Shia's done some fucked up shit in life and his career in Hollywood ended in late 2020 when his ex, the singer FKA Twigs sued him for sexual battery and assault and since then he's been been persona non-grata in Hollywood. He now claims that he's been sober for nearly two years, his wife actress Mia Goth gave birth to their first child and he's also converted to Catholicism. Seems like his regular life is busy enough these days without bringing his very weird and angry energy back to film sets.

However, I have yet to hear Florence Pugh actually comment on what if anything actually happened with Shia because so far I've only heard how unprofessional she found Olivia to be and Pugh continues to refuse to participate in any marketing for Darling. Meanwhile Olivia is still telling everybody how she fired Shia to protect her set every chance she gets, you know when she's not also trashing Sudeikis.

Shia also leaked a video call of Olivia begging him to come back to her movie, this was obviously her showing her deep concern about protecting her set. Oh yeah and she also calls out Pugh's behavior and talks about how she hopes they can get along. Yet, she's still out there talking about firing the man.... Razz

And here's only a portion from Shia's interview on Jon Bernthal's RealOnes Podcast earlier this week talking about where he's at in life now. The full interview isn't available for free on Youtube but it's around 2 hours.

Rusty wrote:Notification popped up on my phone this morning. It's been another lap around the Sun since Groo's passing.

Damn, it's been seven years now. Time is really slippin away.

Gary was the only person here that I ever got into arguments with on a daily basis. We could argue about absolutely anything. Those were good times.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 8/28/2022, 6:50 am

Currently watching SyFy disaster movie Apocalypse of Ice.

This one was released in September 2020 and the plot is: Already in the throes of a viral pandemic, a massive polar vortex threatens to cover nearly all of Earth in ice. When it's discovered the only chance of survival from the cold is a 100-mile temperate zone near the equator, a virologist, with the pandemic's only cure, must reach the safe zone within 24 hours if humanity is to have any hope of survival.

Gotta capitalize on the VID which everyone can relate to. Love it! Nice one, The Asylum. Diggin' this one.

Aww sheeeet next up is Bermuda Tentacles starring Linda Hamilton. The writing of this is so bad but by golly Linda Hamilton is doing her best.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 8/28/2022, 8:47 am

Rusty wrote:Notification popped up on my phone this morning. It's been another lap around the Sun since Groo's passing.

Time does fly. Anyone remember how long was he with us in the old forum before he passed?

WyldeMan wrote:Shia's done some fucked up shit in life and his career in Hollywood ended in late 2020 when his ex, the singer FKA Twigs sued him for sexual battery and assault and since then he's been been persona non-grata in Hollywood. He now claims that he's been sober for nearly two years, his wife actress Mia Goth gave birth to their first child and he's also converted to Catholicism. Seems like his regular life is busy enough these days without bringing his very weird and angry energy back to film sets.

However, I have yet to hear Florence Pugh actually comment on what if anything actually happened with Shia because so far I've only heard how unprofessional she found Olivia to be and Pugh continues to refuse to participate in any marketing for Darling. Meanwhile Olivia is still telling everybody how she fired Shia to protect her set every chance she gets, you know when she's not also trashing Sudeikis.

Shia also leaked a video call of Olivia begging him to come back to her movie, this was obviously her showing her deep concern about protecting her set. Oh yeah and she also calls out Pugh's behavior and talks about how she hopes they can get along. Yet, she's still out there talking about firing the man.... Razz

After everything he's been through, I don't understand why she would lie about him like this? I found an article with his statement and he was really respectful in his response to her. It felt sincere with no ill intentions, the old Shia wouldn't have done that.

WyldeMan wrote:And here's only a portion from Shia's interview on Jon Bernthal's RealOnes Podcast earlier this week talking about where he's at in life now. The full interview isn't available for free on Youtube but it's around 2 hours.

Damn! That was some deep shit. I'm going to watch the whole thing or listen to it if I find it.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/28/2022, 9:13 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:Time does fly. Anyone remember how long was he with us in the old forum before he passed?

I didn't really chat with Gary on the regular when we were all still on the original Blu-Ray forum, we'd traded Blu's here and there and argued about everything when we did chat but it wasn't until we jumped to our first iteration of BDTV that I got to know him better. I was on Blu-Ray.com for a few years before creating the old BDTV forums, which I believe we used for around a year before we jumped here and I remember Gary being with us the whole time. Then this forum launched in December 2014 and Gary passed away the following August, so in reality I think that Gary was only with us for a couple of years but it felt like a lot longer.

UltimateMarvel wrote:After everything he's been through, I don't understand why she would lie about him like this? I found an article with his statement and he was really respectful in his response to her. It felt sincere with no ill intentions, the old Shia wouldn't have done that.

Right now, Shia is drunk of the God Kool-Aid forced on everybody who goes to rehab so he's still a few years away from being halfway normal not that he ever really was. However, Olivia Wilde is a fake feminist who's trying to bury him because she thinks it will hep her career and distract from the fact that her movie is dog shit. The lead actress is refusing to promote it or be in the same building as Olivia. Meanwhile Olivia's boyfriend and other lead actor of the same damn movie Harry, says he doesn't know if he wants to make another movie and I've yet to read a single positive comment about Darling from anybody who's seen it. A lot of people seem to think that Olivia is panicking right now because she's supposed to direct the Spider-Woman movie and it looks like everything is about to come crashing down around her with the impending failure of Darling.

UltimateMarvel wrote:Damn! That was some deep shit. I'm going to watch the whole thing or listen to it if I find it.

This new reflective Shia is not the same out of control alcoholic he spent the last decade being and its good to see him owning up to his shit and trying to correct his life. However, Hollywood is not an industry that forgives and I don't know if he'll be able to repair the damage that's been done. I would like to see the full interview myself as I wish Bernthal still posted his full length interviews on his Real Ones YouTube page cause I used to watch them all prior to the recent change.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 8/28/2022, 3:28 pm

Just googled "shia olivia" and there was an article I read on Variety which had what was supposably Shia's email to Olivia recently which implored her to set the record straight about why she left. Really seems like Shia has, as you said, drank the Kool-Aid because the email was very polite about the situation.

I hope that movie bombs and eats shit. And I really hope Florence Pugh's career doesn't get hurt because of the film if it does indeed bomb hard.

One other thing I notice is the fact Florence Pugh isn't doing press. Isn't it usually in their contracts that they have to do press for the film? Especially since this is Warner Brothers and they know Florence Pugh is becoming a big name, you would think they would 1) have it in the contract that she must do press and 2) force her to do it.

And now I just read the film is a thriller? Some say it's a sci-fi thriller. I thought it was a drama/romance. Ha! Makes me think of that play Joey did in Friends with Kate (Dina Meyer) which was a drama the whole time we see it and then at the very end of the play, they reveal the alien/spaceship.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/28/2022, 6:10 pm

joey con carne wrote:Just googled "shia olivia" and there was an article I read on Variety which had what was supposably Shia's email to Olivia recently which implored her to set the record straight about why she left. Really seems like Shia has, as you said, drank the Kool-Aid because the email was very polite about the situation.

I hope that movie bombs and eats shit. And I really hope Florence Pugh's career doesn't get hurt because of the film if it does indeed bomb hard.

One other thing I notice is the fact Florence Pugh isn't doing press. Isn't it usually in their contracts that they have to do press for the film? Especially since this is Warner Brothers and they know Florence Pugh is becoming a big name, you would think they would 1) have it in the contract that she must do press and 2) force her to do it.

And now I just read the film is a thriller? Some say it's a sci-fi thriller. I thought it was a drama/romance. Ha! Makes me think of that play Joey did in Friends with Kate (Dina Meyer) which was a drama the whole time we see it and then at the very end of the play, they reveal the alien/spaceship.

Shia's incredibly polite email made it clear that he hardly resembled the guy who spent years sowing chaos and being weird as fuck at every opportunity.

Florence is doing very limited press. She's doing Venice and the red carpet because it's one of the biggest promotional venues but I think after that she's not gonna scheduled to  promote anymore. The studio probably realizes that having her and Olivia in the same room is going to be obvious how much she hates her while Olivia pretends their friends and she's a feminist ally but everybody knows she's just a two faced lyin bitch. Florence is also busy with Dune 2 so they can use that as an excuse as to why they need to keep her away from Olivia. 

Also, Florence in the MCU and will have a major role in their upcoming Thunderbirds movie so she's gonna be fine.

Pretty sure Darling is a 50's sci-fi with some Stepford Wives thrown in but they're being so completely vague about what this movie is that I expect it to have some ridiculous twist ending involving alien body snatching. Razz

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 8/28/2022, 7:30 pm

WyldeMan wrote:In a follow up to my Samaritan post, there is no need to rush to watching it. I just finished it and am pretty disappointed with how basic and entirely predictable it was. It's not the worst movie Stallone has ever made but it's certainly not Demolition Man either.
It felt like they were trying to make an 80's/90's action movie which I kind of liked but is also something that worked against it and I appreciate the twist even though I saw it coming from miles away.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/28/2022, 7:44 pm

Tyger wrote:It felt like they were trying to make an 80's/90's action movie which I kind of liked but is also something that worked against it and I appreciate the twist even though I saw it coming from miles away.

I guessed the "twist" during the opening animated sequence which was about two minutes into the movie and that really bummed me out.

The fact that they specified he was an identical twin and not just a brother when at no point during the trailer did they ever hint at that, made it super suspicious. When there are twins on tv and one dies, 90% of the time it's the evil twin who lives and takes over the other's life, its such a tired trope. But then they just had Stallone constantly denying he was Samaritan every single time someone called him that, its like they weren't even trying but still went for the twist at the end anyways. 

I highly enjoyed Julius Avery's Overlord, I've seen it multiple times and I was stoked that he brought back Pilou Asbaek for Samaritan. I think Pilou is a seriously underrated actor but his character felt one dimensional and wasted. Major bummer.

There was virtually no blood in this movie while Overlord was wall to wall, horrific violence. What a difference a PG13 rating makes...

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/29/2022, 4:36 pm

For fuck sake Kevin Smith!!!! WHY?!?!!?!!??!?!?!!!?!?!?!?

Not another Tusk!!!!! It's not possible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The audacity of this mother fucker to survive the heart attack and then dedicate the rest of his life solely to only making the worst movies possible....

5 - Random Thoughts - Page 6 Drive-elevator

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 8/29/2022, 6:06 pm

You've got to be fucking kidding me???!!!!!! There is no way, not in this time line!!!!!
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/29/2022, 7:01 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:You've got to be fucking kidding me???!!!!!! There is no way, not in this time line!!!!!

"This is the darkest most terrible timeline. - Abed Nadir

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 8/29/2022, 7:31 pm

He should really get back to his comic book days and do any Tusk sequels in graphic novel form. Something that ridiculous would work much better in that format, and it'll be a heck of a lot cheaper.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/29/2022, 7:46 pm

Rusty wrote:He should really get back to his comic book days and do any Tusk sequels in graphic novel form. Something that ridiculous would work much better in that format, and it'll be a heck of a lot cheaper.

And would be infinitely easier for me to avoid seeing any mention of it! I love this idea.

If Justin Long comes back for the sequel Kevin's talked about, then Long can kiss whatever career he's scraped back together after all these years, goodbye again.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/31/2022, 9:43 am

Paramount+ Combines With Showtime In Single Streaming App; Limited-Time Discounts Start At $7.99 A Month
5 - Random Thoughts - Page 6 Paramo10
Paramount+ and Showtime have combined into a single streaming app.

The full bundling follows an initial move last year to unify the billing of the two, with significant discounts, as Paramount Global was looking to give an extra boost to Paramount+. Formerly known as CBS All Access, the streaming service rebranded in 2021.

New subscribers will be able to sign up for Paramount+ With Showtime for $7.99 a month for the basic, ad-supported service and $12.99 for the ad-free version. Current subscribers can upgrade to the bundle within their app. After the introductory discount ends on October 2, the bundle will cost $11.99 with ads or $14.99 without them. Subscribers interested in having only Showtime, without Paramount+, will still be able to get it for $10.99 a month as a stand-alone offering as well as through third-party distributors.

Before the bundle rollout, Paramount+ had been $4.99 a month with ads, or $9.99 without ads. (Live shows, particularly sports, are not part of the ad-free promise.)

The Paramount combination comes as Warner Bros Discovery is working to bring together HBO Max and Discovery+ into a single app. Disney’s three-part bundle of Disney+, ESPN+ and Hulu has been a major success since its 2020 introduction. For now, each service within it remains separate, though it is widely expected that Hulu will migrate to Disney+ once Disney gains full control of Hulu in 2024.

Paramount Global said Paramount+ added 4.9 million subscribers in the second quarter ending June 30, reaching 43.3 million overall, the bulk of the company’s total subscriber base of almost 64 million. The company plans to have Paramount+ in 60 global territories by the end of the year. Outside the U.S., some Showtime programming has already been streaming on Paramount+.

In announcing the full combo, Paramount Global said its aim was to make signing up and finding programming a smoother process.

“The Paramount+ with Showtime bundle offers consumers unprecedented value by providing one of the broadest content libraries in streaming at one of the lowest prices in the marketplace,” said Tom Ryan, president and chief executive officer of Paramount Global Streaming. “This singular user experience streamlines sign-up and enhances discovery, and this lower price will allow more households to enjoy this exceptional combined entertainment offering.”

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 8/31/2022, 10:19 am

Dang, I just signed up for a year of Paramount Plus. Oh well. Sucks to be me.

Edit: Oop, posted too quick. I have the option of adding Showtime for like $35 or so for the year. Pretty cool. Also, it looks like Showtime was just added to the app. No need to download a separate app which combines the two services. When I look at the top of my Paramount Plus application, I see a Showtime category which houses all things Showtime.

Thanks for posting this. I had no idea this transaction was even taking place.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/31/2022, 11:10 am

joey con carne wrote:Dang, I just signed up for a year of Paramount Plus. Oh well. Sucks to be me.

Edit: Oop, posted too quick. I have the option of adding Showtime for like $35 or so for the year. Pretty cool. Also, it looks like Showtime was just added to the app. No need to download a separate app which combines the two services. When I look at the top of my Paramount Plus application, I see a Showtime category which houses all things Showtime.

Thanks for posting this. I had no idea this transaction was even taking place.

I've only ever had Paramount+ and Showtime through Prime add-ons, I've never used the Paramount+ interface before.

I always try to post stuff like this when I find it. Cool

I love every single time a streaming service merges with another one because we grow one step closer to having just two or three super services that will house them all in the end.

Did you notice that article again mentioned it's widely believed that Hulu will be rolled into Disney+ in 2024 when they become full owners? Aces. Cool

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 8/31/2022, 2:25 pm

That can be seen as a bad thing, too. Remember when all those idiots on blu-ray forum were hoping places like Best Buy and Circuit City would just go out of business because Amarzon had the best deals? Well, Amarzon has priced out a lot of the competition and places like Best Buy gave up on physical media. Amarzon deals (for physical media) are nowhere near as good as they once were because since competition has diminished, they have no reason to keep prices as low as they once were. I remember I scored massive on their BOGO disney titles. Those crazy deals are long gone.

Same with these services. The prices of the services will go up and up no matter what and even more when services merge.

Personally, I'd rather have the option to pick and choose a few subscriptions for like $7 or $8 each than be forced to subscribe to a big one with several mergers that will cost me $50 a month.

For now, this merger seems okay as Paramount Plus Premium is $10 a month and if combined with Showtime, it is only $15. Showtime by itself from Showtime itself is $11 a month. So if you had both services, you're now saving $6 per month to have both on one application.

Anyway, sorry for the long rant. Just wanted to offer a different perspective.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/31/2022, 3:01 pm

joey con carne wrote:That can be seen as a bad thing, too. Remember when all those idiots on blu-ray forum were hoping places like Best Buy and Circuit City would just go out of business because Amarzon had the best deals? Well, Amarzon has priced out a lot of the competition and places like Best Buy gave up on physical media. Amarzon deals (for physical media) are nowhere near as good as they once were because since competition has diminished, they have no reason to keep prices as low as they once were. I remember I scored massive on their BOGO disney titles. Those crazy deals are long gone.

Same with these services. The prices of the services will go up and up no matter what and even more when services merge.

Personally, I'd rather have the option to pick and choose a few subscriptions for like $7 or $8 each than be forced to subscribe to a big one with several mergers that will cost me $50 a month.

For now, this merger seems okay as Paramount Plus Premium is $10 a month and if combined with Showtime, it is only $15. Showtime by itself from Showtime itself is $11 a month. So if you had both services, you're now saving $6 per month to have both on one application.

Anyway, sorry for the long rant. Just wanted to offer a different perspective.

South Park's latest two part special "The Streaming Wars" was all about this very topic and it's consequences but I still want it....

I stopped buying physical media years ago and even when I did, I didn't shop at Best Buy for my BD's as they were always way too expensive there.

The streaming prices are always going up regardless of activity or not. When I first joined Netflix streaming in 2018 I was paying $9.99 a month and four years later it's already up to $19.99 without merging or adding more content, if anything they've halved it.

Joey, don't you already subscribe to like four different expensive monthly services that probably equal more than $50 a month anyways? I get that you want variety but if everything is eventually rolled into one or two services it'd sure simplify the hell out of things for people like me.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 8/31/2022, 3:36 pm

The subscriptions I pay for now are:

HBO Max: $10.50
Amarzon Prime: $10.00
Netflix: $4.50
Discovery: $7.00
Peacock: Free
Paramount Plus: $8.25
Hulu: Mooch
Disney: Mooch

So I pay about $40.25 a month plus $40 a month for internet.

The worst case scenario is if the ones I like all merge into separate services which will cost me more than $40 a month that I pay now.

Although, I will say it could be worse. I remember I had 50/50 internet and TV with Verizon and those cocksuckers were charging me about $165 a month in the end when I cancelled. Now I just pay $40 a month for Verizon internet 300/300.

My Amarzon sub will go up because they increased the price of Prime annual. I keep my annual cuz my brudda is grandfathered into the family plan so not only can he get Prime shipping, he has access to Prime Video and all my stuff I bought and I have access to all his digital content. It's up to $140 a year now so I'll be paying $11.60 per month on as a prepaid expense starting February.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/31/2022, 3:48 pm

joey con carne wrote:The subscriptions I pay for now are:

HBO Max: $10.50
Amarzon Prime: $10.00
Netflix: $4.50
Discovery: $7.00
Peacock: Free
Paramount Plus: $8.25
Hulu: Mooch
Disney: Mooch

So I pay about $40.25 a month plus $40 a month for internet.

The worst case scenario is if the ones I like all merge into separate services which will cost me more than $40 a month that I pay now.

Although, I will say it could be worse. I remember I had 50/50 internet and TV with Verizon and those cocksuckers were charging me about $165 a month in the end when I cancelled. Now I just pay $40 a month for Verizon internet 300/300.

My Amarzon sub will go up because they increased the price of Prime annual. I keep my annual cuz my brudda is grandfathered into the family plan so not only can he get Prime shipping, he has access to Prime Video and all my stuff I bought and I have access to all his digital content. It's up to $140 a year now so I'll be paying $11.60 per month on as a prepaid expense starting February.

Discovery and HBO Max will merge next Summer and Hulu and Disney will likely merge in 2024. I could see Netflix and Peacock working out a deal if they're really looking at getting into live sports with WWE. Basically I fully expect most if not all of your current subs to continue to merge.

Prime is another one that never stops increasing, it used to be a $99 annual subscription until they started increasing it by $10 every year and now these last four years we've seen it increased by $40 and another $10 increase will be coming before long again.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/31/2022, 4:01 pm

Hey Abe, Shia's full 2 hour sit down with Bernthal was just posted on The Real Ones youtube.  Cool

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/2/2022, 3:01 pm

Comedians Tiffany Haddish and Aries Spears Accused of Child Sexual Abuse
5 - Random Thoughts - Page 6 22090210
During their childhoods, Jane Doe and her younger brother say they called Tiffany Haddish “Auntie Tiff.” The comedian had met their mother through the comedy circuit and used to refer to the siblings as her “niece” and “nephew.” But in a lawsuit filed pro se on Monday night—in which Jane is an anonymous plaintiff on behalf of both herself and her brother, who is a minor—the siblings allege that Haddish and her fellow comic, Aries Spears, recruited each of them to perform inappropriate acts on camera when they were children.

Jane Doe, now 22, and her younger brother John, now 15, have adopted pseudonyms due to their respective ages at the time of the allegations. (Jane, who is also John’s legal guardian, is the plaintiff in the lawsuit both individually and on her minor brother’s behalf.) The siblings’ complaint, which names Haddish and Mad TV alum Spears as defendants, centers on two alleged incidents in which Haddish and Spears allegedly encouraged one of the siblings to perform sexually suggestive acts on camera while underage.

Representatives for Spears and Haddish did not respond to The Daily Beast’s request for comment.

Jane was 14 years old when her alleged video shoot took place, and John was 7. Their mother alleges that she and Haddish met through comedy and bonded over a shared source of strife: “We were both going through a divorce,” the mother told The Daily Beast. “Messy, messy, messy, messy divorces… We just got really, really super, super close.” According to the lawsuit, Haddish called the family for “every birthday and every Christmas.” The siblings’ mother noted that for years, Haddish reliably checked in—whether that be from a movie set or overseas.

In the summer of 2013, when Jane was 14 years old, the lawsuit states that she attended a comedy camp where Haddish appeared as a guest speaker. Around that time, Haddish allegedly told the child that she’d found “a perfect role for her”—her very own commercial. Neither Jane nor her mother knew what the shoot would entail, according to the lawsuit. Only Haddish and Spears, who was also on hand to produce the video, are said to have known the plot.

The clip Spears and Haddish asked Jane to watch in the recording booth allegedly seemed innocuous at first, if a little strange: a group of coeds were arguing over a subway sandwich. But then the coeds began eating the sandwich in a suggestive manner from opposite ends, “moaning and making sexual noises as they both ate the sandwich in a manner that simulated the act of fellatio,” per the lawsuit.

The complaint claims that Spears told Jane “to mimic what she had seen on the screen, including the noises precisely like what she heard throughout the video.” The 14-year-old, who was allegedly “nervous and disgusted,” fell silent until Haddish returned to the room, the lawsuit claims.

“Haddish verbally explained what was expected of Plaintiff Jane Doe and then showed Plaintiff Jane Doe how to give fellatio, including movements, noises, moaning, and groaning,” the lawsuit states. “At that point,” Jane told The Daily Beast, “I knew a hundred percent what they wanted out of me.” The lawsuit describes Spears allegedly looking on while a “physically, emotionally, and mentally uncomfortable” Jane received this instruction.

“I tried to mimic what they wanted me to mimic, but it still came out just super uncomfortable,” Jane told the Daily Beast. “I knew when I left the booth that I didn’t complete what they wanted me to do.” Haddish paid Jane $100, the lawsuit claims, before sending her home.

At the time, Jane said, she tried to shrug off what had happened. “I didn’t confide to my mom—I didn’t confide to nobody else about how weird I felt at that moment,” she said. A year later, Haddish allegedly approached the children’s mother with a similar pitch, recruiting Jane’s little brother, John, for another video. Although the comedian allegedly told the family John would be filming a sizzle reel for Nickelodeon, the suit alleges the 7-year-old wound up starring in a video posted on Funny or Die and other online platforms, titled “Through a Pedophile’s Eyes.”

A representative for Funny or Die told The Daily Beast in a statement, “Funny Or Die found this video absolutely disgusting and would never produce such content. We were not involved with the conceptualization, development, funding, or production of this video. It was uploaded to the site as user-generated content and was removed in 2018 immediately after becoming aware of its existence.”

Both siblings allegedly attended the shoot, which the lawsuit claims took place in Spears’ home. Jane said Haddish’s behavior changed once the children arrived at the home, no longer in the company of their mother. “It was like a whole 180 almost,” she told The Daily Beast. “Tiffany had never been mean to me—never raised her voice to me—until this point.”

According to the lawsuit, the children were separated during the shoot. Jane recalls that Haddish told her to remain on a couch downstairs while her brother’s shoot took place upstairs. The Daily Beast has reviewed a recording of the video, in which Haddish plays the boy’s guardian and leaves him with Spears—who plays a pedophile.

John spends most of the video clad only in his underwear as Spears’ character leers at him through two holes cut into a newspaper he pretends to read. During the sketch, the camera zooms in suggestively on the 7-year-old’s buttocks and crotch while he plays. Spears sprays baby oil onto the child’s back and massages it into his shoulders in one scene, and at another point the child plays with a train in a manner that suggests phallic masturbation. In another sequence, Spears smokes a cigarette while observing the child nude in a bathtub and pours water on his feet.

By the time the video ends, the child is peering at his babysitter through a newspaper and rubbing baby oil on his shirtless shoulder. The final line of on-screen text reads: “WATCH WHO YOU LEAVE YOUR KIDS WITH!”

Once filming ended, the lawsuit states, “Mr. Doe called his mother crying, saying he did not want to film anymore.”

When her brother came downstairs, Jane recalled, he was “red in the face, crying his eyes out, just bawling out in tears. And I’m immediately scared, because I don’t know what happened to him.”

“When that happened, the only thing I could feel was how I felt in my video with Tiffany,” Jane added later. “I didn’t know at the time if anything happened with him like [what had] happened to me, but I just felt like something wasn’t right with that moment.”

The siblings’ mother was immediately alarmed when she received a phone call from her crying son—and the answers she allegedly received from Haddish did little to reassure her. “She said something to the effect of, ‘I don’t think acting is for him,’” the mother recalled. “And I’m like... What the F you mean, acting isn’t for him? My son is crying. Like, what is going on?”

The siblings’ mother allegedly spent the next week contacting Spears and asking to see the footage of her son. Spears allegedly kept repeating that it had not yet been edited. Eventually, the lawsuit states that Spears claimed John had been so uncooperative that his footage had been deemed unusable and subsequently deleted.

Four years later, however, the gossip website Bossip published an article about Spears that described the sketch. It was then, for the first time, that John’s mother said she became aware of what had actually been filmed.

“All the trauma, all the memories, all the anxiety and depression and guilt and shame and fear—I feel like all of those emotions were triggered when this video situation came to a head,” she said. “To find out that she had violated such a sacred trust—I trusted her with my children—that is what pushed me over the edge.”

Both Jane and John continue to live with the trauma of what they endured, the lawsuit states. Jane allegedly struggles to trust people and has developed a social disorder that prevents socializing; she “feels constant remorse knowing that she was only a few feet away when Spears was molesting her 7-year-old little brother in the other room,” according to the lawsuit.

As Jane put it, “I don’t date guys. I don’t have sex. I’m not your regular 22-year-old who is partying, having fun and hooking up and stuff.” Her little brother, meanwhile, allegedly places Band-Aids over the cameras on all of his electronics due to an ongoing fear of being watched and recorded.

The lawsuit lists eight causes of action. Spears and Haddish are both accused of intentional infliction of emotional distress, gross negligence, sexual battery, sexual harassment, and sexual abuse of a minor. Haddish is further accused of negligent supervision/failure to warn, breach of fiduciary duty, and constructive fraud. The lawsuit seeks general and special damages, as well as “any appropriate statutory damages.”

Jane took over as John’s guardian around the end of 2019 or start of 2020 due to a cascading series of traumatic personal issues that impacted their mother’s mental and physical health. She has also enrolled both herself and her brother in therapy, according to the lawsuit. Included in the complaint is a statement John wrote during his treatment, saying that the “Pedophile” sketch “fucked me up bad.”

“I don’t got no friends,” the now-teenager wrote. “I don’t trust nobody, I’m scared of adults, I refuse to be recorded or take pictures because I am scared of weird-ass adults trying to do nasty stuff to me again. I spend all of my time in my room and do not go anywhere because I don’t trust anybody.”

John adds later: “I had to kick and scream and cry, and Tiffany came and told me to let him touch me. When I kept crying, Tiffany got mad at me, told me to get dressed, and took me home. I remember her yelling at me in the car, telling me that I would never get on tv acting like that.”

“I know now that they are fucked up for what they did to me,” the 14-year-old’s statement concludes, “and none of this is my fault.”

The siblings’ mother negotiated a settlement in 2019, the lawsuit states, but that agreement allegedly does not bind Haddish—who the complaint alleges “insinuated she wanted no part of the Spears settlement agreement via text” —or the siblings, who had no guardian ad litem present to represent their interests as minors.

In the settlement document, which The Daily Beast has reviewed, Spears “denies the validity of the Claims” regarding the video’s production and distribution but agrees “to stop the distribution, exhibition and further use of the Video.” The document names Spears, the siblings’ mother, and John; Jane does not appear. The siblings’ mother also filed a police report against Spears and Haddish in January of 2020 but nothing apparently came of it. The Daily Beast has reviewed a copy of the report.

“For months, I used to sit in my closet and cry until I fell asleep,” the mother said. “I would literally wake up on the floor in my closet because I didn’t want the kids to hear me crying.”

She almost attempted suicide at one point, she said, but was interrupted when her son asked her for help making breakfast. “I wanted [Tiffany] to see the error of her ways, and I wanted her to do the right thing as far as helping with the therapy, and with the kids and stuff. But the way she just got real Hollywood on us,” the mother said. “This was not the same friend that had been a friend to me.”

In that moment, Jane said, it became clear to the family that “all we’ve really got is each other. And the common goal is to make sure that [John is] OK.” The family has since made it their mission to heal together, in part through family therapy sessions “addressing everything, unpacking everything, forgiving each other.”

For years, Jane has lived with the regret of not being able to protect her younger brother—however unfair to her younger self that feeling might be. “I felt like God knows what happened to him and I wasn’t there to protect him,” she said.

Now, however, things are different.

“As an adult, I have the power to protect my little brother now and have the power to do something about what happened to him,” Jane said. “And that’s what my goal is to get done. Just to show my little brother that, hey, I’m so sorry I wasn’t able to protect you and be there for you then. But this is how I’m showing up for you now.”

While Haddish did not respond to requests for comment for days prior to this story running, following the publication of this story, Andrew Brettler, an attorney representing Haddish, issued a statement on her behalf saying that the plaintiff’s mother “has been trying to assert these bogus claims against Ms. Haddish for several years... Now, [the mother] has her adult daughter representing herself in this lawsuit. The two of them will together face the consequences of pursuing this frivolous action.”

Source: The Daily Beast

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 9/4/2022, 10:15 am

WyldeMan wrote:
Hey Abe, Shia's full 2 hour sit down with Bernthal was just posted on The Real Ones youtube.  Cool

Yes!!! I will check it out. Thanks!
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/4/2022, 8:19 pm

Random Fun Fact: Months that begin on a Sunday will always have a Friday the 13th. 

Doubt it? Check out May 2022 on your calendar or January 2023 and October 2023.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/5/2022, 9:19 am

Venice: Olivia Wilde Declines to Address “Noise” About Florence Pugh in ‘Don’t Worry Darling,’ Festival Shuts Down Question About Shia LaBeouf
5 - Random Thoughts - Page 6 22090510
Olivia Wilde did her best to dodge questions about the scandals that have hit her feature Don’t Worry Darling during a Venice Film Festival press event Monday, with some significant help from the festival itself.

In what felt at times like a carefully stage managed media meet that sought to ignore several elephants in the room, many journalists saw their raised hands passed over as Wilde and Harry Styles fielded numerous questions about costumes, sets and cinematography and Styles’ career. It was only right at the end when Wilde was asked about the absence of her lead star Florence Pugh — reportedly shooting Dune 2 in Budapest (although that didn’t stop Timothée Chalamet doing the full press schedule in Venice) — and rumors of discord on set.

After speaking enthusiastically about Pugh, whom she described as “a force” and noting her commitments on Dune 2, Wilde said: “As for all the endless tabloid gossip and all the noise out there, I mean, the Internet feeds itself.” She added: “I don’t feel the need to contribute. I think it’s sufficiently well nourished.”

The Hollywood Reporter then attempted to ask about Shia LaBeouf, only for the moderator to shut it down, claiming that she had “already answered that” in relation to “Internet noise.”

Don’t Worry Darling had come into the festival with more baggage than most other films in the lineup, baggage that had amassed just weeks earlier. Rumors originally emerged that Wilde and Pugh had fallen out after Wilde had started a romantic relationship with Styles during the shoot. A few days later, the rumors grew to suggest that Pugh had actually been paid less than a third of what her male co-star made for the film ($700,000 to Styles’ $2.5 million salary, reportedly). In a subsequent interview, Wilde said there was absolutely no truth to the claims of the pay gap, but she also alluded to the fact she had fired LaBeouf (whose role went to Styles), saying that she did so over his “combative energy” and to keep Pugh “safe.” In what became a very public online drama, LaBeouf then hit back, asserting in an email two days later that he actually “quit” the movie, while a leaked 2020 video showed Wilde seemingly pleading with him to change his mind while also appearing to blame Pugh for having issues with the actor.

Adding fuel to the situation, it had already been revealed that Pugh, the film’s lead, would not be attending the media meet, with her flight only landing later in the day in time for the red carpet and premiere screening on the Lido.

Wilde’s sophomore feature following her directorial debut, Booksmart, Don’t Worry Darling sees Pugh and Styles play an idyllic couple living in 1950s America in an experimental cult-like community. Gemma Chan, Kiki Layne, Nick Kroll and Chris Pine — alongside Wilde herself — also star.

“We were really interested in the kind of problematic nature of nostalgia itself for everyone, but a very slim portion of the population. And, you know, we started writing this film in the era of make America great again,” Wilde earlier said about the film. “And we were really questioning what exactly is meant by that? I think also with this film, you have to remember everything is a metaphor. You know, the paradox of victory is that everything that is beautiful is also sinister. And that’s by design.”

She added: “We thought a lot about the generations of women that came before ours, but unfortunately, also the generation of women that we are in right now — in terms of bodily autonomy. It was a huge part of why we wanted to tell the story.”

Following its bow in Venice, Don’t Worry Darling will screen at the Deauville American Film Festival and the San Sebastian International Film Festival before its theatrical release Sept. 23.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 9/5/2022, 12:33 pm

She should have addressed it while it was hot. Saying it's just "internet noise" or "internet gossip" means that she knows she's in deep shit. Those are words of a guilty person, the truth shall set you free Olivia!
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/5/2022, 2:27 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:She should have addressed it while it was hot. Saying it's just "internet noise" or "internet gossip" means that she knows she's in deep shit. Those are words of a guilty person, the truth shall set you free Olivia!

Today was the Darling red carpet in Venice and hostile internet detectives are dissecting every picture and frame of video of how every time Florence and Olivia are near each other and Olivia is talking she can't stop praising Florence but every single time Florence is shown she is denying Olivia eye contact or acknowledgment. Apparently, when they were seated near each other they had to have costume and hair stylists in between them. This drama just won't die down because every single time Olivia speaks, she makes it worse. Razz

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 9/6/2022, 9:42 am

I saw some pics and the video of the standing ovation. I read that the standing ovation was for four minutes and Florence Pugh left at the three minute mark. LOL

Four minutes seems like a pity ovation. Like a basic or standard ovation just for screening. Just for fun and because I'm a dick, I really hope

Compare that to Woody Harrelson's Triangle of Sadness which received an "uproarious" eight-minute standing ovation according to a couple of articles I read.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/6/2022, 10:40 am

joey con carne wrote:I saw some pics and the video of the standing ovation. I read that the standing ovation was for four minutes and Florence Pugh left at the three minute mark. LOL

Four minutes seems like a pity ovation. Like a basic or standard ovation just for screening. Just for fun and because I'm a dick, I really hope

Compare that to Woody Harrelson's Triangle of Sadness which received an "uproarious" eight-minute standing ovation according to a couple of articles I read.

Yeah apparently you want your standing ovation to be around the eight minute mark because like you, I've read about multiple premieres the last month that received seven to eight minute ovations and people are still raving but the four to five minute ovation seems to be as you said, more of a pity thing than a real compliment and those movies don't get nearly the praise. The reviews seem to range from "it's an okay movie that will entertain you for a few minutes" to "it deserves all the Razzies this year" but it's not being called the instantly iconic mediation on feminism and wokeness that Olivia has non-stop been hyping it to be.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/8/2022, 10:53 am

Queen Elizabeth II has died aged 96. The royal, who was the world’s second longest-serving monarch after ruling for 70 years, will be replaced by her son Prince Charles, the Prince of Wales.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 23 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 23  Next