BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Avengers: Endgame (April 26, 2019)

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Avengers: Endgame (April 26, 2019) - Page 2 Empty Re: Avengers: Endgame (April 26, 2019)

Post by Tyger 4/28/2019, 7:10 pm

What the fuck Abe? You’re letting your username down
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Avengers: Endgame (April 26, 2019) - Page 2 Empty Re: Avengers: Endgame (April 26, 2019)

Post by UltimateMarvel 4/28/2019, 10:38 pm

LOVED IT! I needed a day to at least process it. lol This to me was better than Infinity War as that movie was all action. Movie wasn't perfect but there were so many damn perfect moments and it paid so many homages to all the past movies in a beautiful way. So many happy and sad moments. I will never forget this experience from the MCU movies and they finished it in a way that I didn't expect.

There is a sad moment in the 3rd (you know) and the theater was DEAD QUIET, couldn't even hear a breath. My theater really felt this one, it was a good crowd.

Sorry you didn't love it Tyger. What were your issues with it? My guess is you didn't like the ending or the outcome some of the characters?
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 4/28/2019, 11:39 pm

As a whole, I think Infinity War was a stronger movie, but I love a lot of parts of Endgame more than anything in Infinity War.

I don’t love the takes on Thor and Hulk and the stuff with Nebula screamed plot device, it was so dumb. I also think there was a lot of humor that didn’t work. The shot of all the female heroes was just so over the top it was distracting and I’m pretty modern liberal person.

All that being said all the scenes showing the heroes as parents/with family I think were great. The callbacks from big to subtle were all great and blew my mind a number of times. I love most of the last hour in general.

Keeping things vague even though I think we’re the only ones that care about spoilers.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 4/29/2019, 12:08 am

Tyger wrote:As a whole, I think Infinity War was a stronger movie, but I love a lot of parts of Endgame more than anything in Infinity War.

I don’t love the takes on Thor and Hulk and the stuff with Nebula screamed plot device, it was so dumb. I also think there was a lot of humor that didn’t work. The shot of all the female heroes was just so over the top it was distracting and I’m pretty modern liberal person.

All that being said all the scenes showing the heroes as parents/with family I think were great. The callbacks from big to subtle were all great and blew my mind a number of times. I love most of the last hour in general.

Keeping things vague even though I think we’re the only ones that care about spoilers.

Not sure about Joey, but I know myself and Wylde don't care. I'll be waiting until it hits streaming, and as always, I've already watched the Half in the Bag episode.

Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 4/29/2019, 7:36 am

Tyger wrote:I don’t love the takes on Thor and Hulk and the stuff with Nebula screamed plot device, it was so dumb. I also think there was a lot of humor that didn’t work. The shot of all the female heroes was just so over the top it was distracting and I’m pretty modern liberal person.

Didn't like what happened with Thor and Hulk either. After Infinity War, we needed the real Hulk in this movie and he never came. Doing this to Thor at this stage was a mistake, he was too jokey in this one. He was much better in Infinity War. And one scene from the trailers involving Thor never made it into the movie where he's in the air holding Stormbreaker with lightning coursing through it.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 4/29/2019, 8:24 pm

Saw it again today. The things that bothered me the first time didn’t bother me nearly as much, but the good things didn’t have the same impact either.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 4/29/2019, 10:15 pm

Tyger wrote:Saw it again today. The things that bothered me the first time didn’t bother me nearly as much, but the good things didn’t have the same impact either.

Nice! So, you're saying the movie was better on your second viewing overall?
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/30/2019, 7:11 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:
Tyger wrote:Saw it again today. The things that bothered me the first time didn’t bother me nearly as much, but the good things didn’t have the same impact either.

Nice! So, you're saying the movie was better on your second viewing overall?

You people...... Razz

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 4/30/2019, 9:49 am

WyldeMan wrote:You people...... Razz

Erm.....how many times have you rewatched shows and said you enjoyed them a second time around? lol You're making fun of yourself with that post.

Some people enjoy things on second viewing and it sounds that way for Tyger. No problem with that.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/30/2019, 10:05 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:You people...... Razz

Erm.....how many times have you rewatched shows and said you enjoyed them a second time around? lol You're making fun of yourself with that post.

Some people enjoy things on second viewing and it sounds that way for Tyger. No problem with that.

A series is a hell of a lot more than 120 minutes of CGI content that I just watched a few days prior. I don't complete a series and then immediately do it again and there's typically  quite a long time in between my repeat viewings.

I lost my love of movies and repeat viewings when everything because a CGI'd superhero shit show and they are never worth a rewatch to me, let alone a first watch. You can watch Marvel movies every day if you want to, It just amuses/confounds me how you guys routinely accomplish multiple viewings of these movies that I can't even get through a trailer for.

After all these years, we still have such little in common and yet everyday, here we are... Razz

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 4/30/2019, 1:44 pm

WyldeMan wrote:A series is a hell of a lot more than 120 minutes of CGI content that I just watched a few days prior. I don't complete a series and then immediately do it again and there's typically  quite a long time in between my repeat viewings.

I lost my love of movies and repeat viewings when everything because a CGI'd superhero shit show and they are never worth a rewatch to me, let alone a first watch. You can watch Marvel movies every day if you want to, It just amuses/confounds me how you guys routinely accomplish multiple viewings of these movies that I can't even get through a trailer for.

After all these years, we still have such little in common and yet everyday, here we are... Razz

It's reasonable to watch a 2 or 3 hour movie again that it is to watch a show with ridiculous amount of hours. But don't get me wrong, I've seen only 5 Marvel movies more than once but the rest I've only seen once.

You can be tired of superhero movies but even shows have CGI in them. Game of Thrones, one of the best shows is also filled with CGI. You watch a few Syfy shows than I do, that's all CGI. Need I mention Krypton.... Razz
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 4/30/2019, 4:07 pm

I rewatch a lot of shit pretty often, mostly TV shows as white noise.

I wouldn’t say I liked Endgame more the second time. The things that bothered me not bothering me as much or at all was one thing, but a lot of the good didn’t have the same impact so jokes weren’t as funny and epic things seemed a little less epic.

The end is still great though
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 6/19/2019, 8:55 am

I’ve seen it 4 times now, haha and then I see it’s being “re-released” (it hasn’t left theaters and still has at least 4 showings a day) with bonus stuff after the credits
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 6/19/2019, 9:24 am

4 times? You going with different people?

What are they showing after credits?
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/19/2019, 9:35 am

Tyger wrote:I’ve seen it 4 times now, haha and then I see it’s being “re-released” (it hasn’t left theaters and still has at least 4 showings a day) with bonus stuff after the credits

UltimateMarvel wrote:4 times? You going with different people?

It feels like an intervention for this deviant behavior was necessary long ago. I think we may be too late.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 6/19/2019, 12:40 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:4 times? You going with different people?

Yeah, went with different people and once was IMAX (which didn’t actually feel different at all)

At least 1 deleted scene and a tribute, probably the Stan Lee cameos tribute that’s been mentioned before and other stuff that they haven’t detailed and probably won’t. Basically seems like whatever extras the blu-ray will get probably, it’s just about trying to surpass Avatar.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2