BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Thoughts

5 posters

Page 8 of 23 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15 ... 23  Next

Go down

Random Thoughts - Page 8 Empty Re: Random Thoughts

Post by WyldeMan 7/17/2018, 6:14 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:What the fuck do you need a electric permit for if all you're doing is upgrading it to code? Damn! I thought you only needed permits for actual renovations. Once the electrician finds problems with your wiring, you can't say no to his services if it's to expensive? I can already tell there is a problem thought because if you use a grill and an iron at the same time or grill and microwave, power goes out and you have to flip the breakers. Not sure if that's a panel problem or like you said amps being too low.

Because somebody always has to get paid, it's the American way.

No you aren't required to hire someone from taking a look, estimates should be free and you can always tell someone who's trying to take your money to fuck off because that is also the American way.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 7/17/2018, 7:05 pm

Wylde speaks the truth.

Depending on your city/town, you may not need permits. But if you do need permits and you start doing stuff without one, and you get caught, you'll be in deep shit.

As my pop would always say "If you break the law and you get away with it, you're a hero. If you get caught, you're a schmuck." Laughing
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/18/2018, 4:44 am

joey con carne wrote:Wylde speaks the truth.

Depending on your city/town, you may not need permits. But if you do need permits and you start doing stuff without one, and you get caught, you'll be in deep shit.

As my pop would always say "If you break the law and you get away with it, you're a hero. If you get caught, you're a schmuck." Laughing

I didn't see shit, I didn't say shit, so it wasn't shit.

But if you ever try to sell a home without unpermitted work, be prepared to rip out the thousands of dollars of perfectly fine work just so somebody else can get a piece of your action on the back end.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 7/19/2018, 12:14 am

Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/20/2018, 6:04 am

I wanted to share the trailer for the new TMNT series because of the voice cast. It's Jean Ralphio and Big Head! Also Cersei Lannister.

Rise of the TMNT‘s main voice cast includes Ben Schwartz (Parks and Recreation) as Leonardo, Omar Benson Miller (Ballers) as Raphael, Josh Brener (Silicon Valley) as Donatello, Brandon Mychal Smith (You’re the Worst) as Michelangelo, Eric Bauza (DuckTales) as Splinter and Kat Graham (The Vampire Diaries) as April O’Neil.

Additional TV stars lending their voices to anti-Turtle villains include Jon Cena (WWE), Lena Headey (Game of Thrones), John Michael Higgins (Great News), Tom Kenny (SpongeBob SquarePants), Sam Richardson (Detroiters) and Tim Simons (Veep).
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 7/20/2018, 7:17 pm

What a weird combo of cast. But I think my days of watching Ninja Turtles are over. Looking forward to Young Justice though.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/20/2018, 7:33 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:What a weird combo of cast. But I think my days of watching Ninja Turtles are over. Looking forward to Young Justice though.

I really don't care for this animation style but I find it amusing that Ben Schwartz is suddenly voicing multiple 80's cartoon continuations now.

The idea of Big Head voicing Donnie though might be something my cannabis coated brain would find amusing.

You're pumped for that long awaited Young Justice resurrection and I'm pumped cause at SDCC Disney just announced the surprise return of the fantastic Star Wars Clone Wars series which was abruptly cancelled in 2014 leaving many stories unresolved after six seasons. But now, a proper ending and with it more of my all-time favorite Force Wielder, Ahsoka Tano!!!! Thank you Dave Filoni!!!! You never let me down! Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 7/20/2018, 8:36 pm

Damn! I didn't know they cancelled Clone Wars, I thought it was finished. 2 cancelled shows returning, that's cool. But YJ is better! Cool
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/21/2018, 5:27 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:Damn! I didn't know they cancelled Clone Wars, I thought it was finished. 2 cancelled shows returning, that's cool. But YJ is better! Cool

While Clone Wars didn't have a terrible series finale, it ended with Order 66 being set into motion which was the beginning of the Jedi genocide and in regards to my favorite Jedi, Ahsoka she'd last been seen having been expelled from the Jedi and all alone and on the run which was how she survived Order 66 but when whe returned in Rebels there was a massive time jump and she went from being a young teen to a battle hardened veteran so there is a huge gap in time where we know nothing of what happened to her so they can finally fill in those blanks with some of the upcoming new stories.

Originally 22 episodes had been ordered for season six but only 13 were actually made before Cartoon Network suddenly decided to end the series halfwaythrough the final season. Eventually they were titled "The Lost Episodes" and debuted on Netflix but fans were denied any closure until now.

I love that Dave Filoni specifically mentioned the Battle for Mandalore as one of the stories they'll be telling this season, you know what a big Mandalorian fan I am, specifically because of Filoni's work on Clone Wars and Rebels. The movies have yet to touch the level of storytelling these animaed shows have always managed.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/24/2018, 5:40 pm

Demi Lovato is apparently stable now after being taken to the hospital after overdosing on heroin or some other form of Opiod today. I know very little about her and the only time I've seen her work was in the From Dusk til Dawn series but I had no idea she was a junkie.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 7/24/2018, 9:06 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Demi Lovato is apparently stable now after being taken to the hospital after overdosing on heroin or some other form of Opiod today. I know very little about her and the only time I've seen her work was in the From Dusk til Dawn series but I had no idea she was a junkie.

I've heard her name before, but I've never seen anything she's in (that I remember).

Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/24/2018, 9:34 pm

Rusty wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:Demi Lovato is apparently stable now after being taken to the hospital after overdosing on heroin or some other form of Opiod today. I know very little about her and the only time I've seen her work was in the From Dusk til Dawn series but I had no idea she was a junkie.

I've heard her name before, but I've never seen anything she's in (that I remember).

I think she's another Disney success story.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 7/25/2018, 6:06 am

I'm not familiar with her work except for Frozen's theme song but I do know she's bulemic. Apparently, it's an advanced dietary technique to eat whatever you like so you get all the great flavors and stay thin at the same time. That is, she likes to stuff her face and then barf it all out. BLARRRRGGGHHHHHH Shocked

Credit where credit is due, she can sing live very well. She's got skillz.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 7/25/2018, 6:25 pm

I hears about Lovato, hope she gets better. She needs to surround herself with better friends with positive influences. Who let her get near this stuff when they know she has an addiction?
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/25/2018, 7:39 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:I hears about Lovato, hope she gets better. She needs to surround herself with better friends with positive influences. Who let her get near this stuff when they know she has an addiction?

Um, she's famous so everybody?
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 7/26/2018, 9:53 am

Her friends and family carry around Narcan. That's pretty sad.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/26/2018, 10:06 am

joey con carne wrote:Her friends and family carry around Narcan. That's pretty sad.

LOL, seriously? Fuckin sycophants.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 7/26/2018, 2:09 pm

You know your life is fucked up when your friends and family carry around Narcan knowing at any given moment, no matter what time of day it is, you might possibly overdose on drugs.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/26/2018, 4:50 pm

joey con carne wrote:You know your life is fucked up when your friends and family carry around Narcan knowing at any given moment, no matter what time of day it is, you might possibly overdose on drugs.

Narcan, the liquid epi pen for junkies and their loved ones.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 7/26/2018, 7:49 pm

It's Shark Week, guys. Not sure if you all knew that. Been watching shark programs all week on Discovery. Currently watching a show with some guys trying to tag a Tiger Shark. Those things are freakin' fast and vicious.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/26/2018, 8:26 pm

joey con carne wrote:It's Shark Week, guys. Not sure if you all knew that. Been watching shark programs all week on Discovery. Currently watching a show with some guys trying to tag a Tiger Shark. Those things are freakin' fast and vicious.

Of course I know it's shark week!!! Did you see Ronda Rousey Uncaged? Ronda went free diving with Makos and bull sharks. That woman is relentless and doesn't let fear make her hesitate, she's a bonifide bad ass.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 7/27/2018, 6:12 am

I did not see that. I'm sure they will re-run it at some point over the weekend. I will try to catch it then.

Now I know what Ronda was doing during her "one-month suspension" from Walk With Elias.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/27/2018, 6:23 am

joey con carne wrote:I did not see that. I'm sure they will re-run it at some point over the weekend. I will try to catch it then.

Now I know what Ronda was doing during her "one-month suspension" from Walk With Elias.

She was also being inducted into the UFC Hall of Fame as the first ever female inductee and had a lot of press to do during that time.

Walk with Elias keeps clamoring on about his album but it looks like a four song EP that after listening to a sample of makes me sure Vince paid off a lot of people to make those chart positions happen. A few months ago I still liked the guy but just like Strowman, the writing team ruined em.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 7/27/2018, 10:30 am

I just listened to Elias' EP. It's awful. It just sounds like extended versions of the stuff he sings in the ring. I love the character but not so much the music. I don't think any funny business happened with the chart positions. You may be underestimating the power of WWE fans. They are insane and will buy up all sorts of WWE merchandise.

With all this talk about Demi Lovato, I have started listening to some of her songs. My favorite so far is Solo. Her latest single is called Sober. That is the definition of irony.

I wanna woop woop woop and a quack quack quack.

Last edited by joey con carne on 7/27/2018, 10:46 am; edited 1 time in total
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/27/2018, 10:39 am

joey con carne wrote:I just listened to Elias' EP. It's awful. It just sounds like extended versions of the stuff he sings in the ring. I love the character but not so much the music.

With all this talk about Demi Lovato, I have started listening to some of her songs. My favorite so far is Solo. Her latest single is called Sober. That is the definition of irony.

I wanna woop woop woop and a quack quack quack.

Elias's horrible singing was amusing it short bursts in the ring but now that they're treating him like a Rock God and it's just absurd.

When Demi OD'd I read that Sober came out about a month ago and was a big hit. You're right, that is ironic.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 7/27/2018, 6:20 pm

MoviePass is fucked.

They hit a low of $0.09 per share this week. As you must be trading at a minimum of $1.00 to be listed on the NASDAQ, MoviePass (HMNY) was in danger of being de-listed.

In order to get their share price back up above $1.00, they proposed a reverse stock split of about 1 for 236 which put their stock up at $21.25 on Wednesday. Ever since then, it's been a bloodbath. Their stock price has fallen, again, and has closed at $2.00 today.

Yesterday, 26 July (Thursday), their app ceased to function as they ran out of cash. They had to borrow five million dollars to get back to working order. Their app came back online today at about 4:30pm EDT. However, Mission: Impossible - Fallout was not accessible.

Things are not looking good. Even though I still have about eight months left of my membership, this week has been really entertaining and I am hoping they fall below a dollar again. I realize I may lose my MoviePass membership but it is fun to watch the price fall and know people who stuck around lost a shitload of money and people who were putting a ton of their savings into this stock are probably shitting their pants right now.

Twisted Evil
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/28/2018, 4:16 am

joey con carne wrote:MoviePass is fucked.

They hit a low of $0.09 per share this week. As you must be trading at a minimum of $1.00 to be listed on the NASDAQ, MoviePass (HMNY) was in danger of being de-listed.

In order to get their share price back up above $1.00, they proposed a reverse stock split of about 1 for 236 which put their stock up at $21.25 on Wednesday. Ever since then, it's been a bloodbath. Their stock price has fallen, again, and has closed at $2.00 today.

Yesterday, 26 July (Thursday), their app ceased to function as they ran out of cash. They had to borrow five million dollars to get back to working order. Their app came back online today at about 4:30pm EDT. However, Mission: Impossible - Fallout was not accessible.

Things are not looking good. Even though I still have about eight months left of my membership, this week has been really entertaining and I am hoping they fall below a dollar again. I realize I may lose my MoviePass membership but it is fun to watch the price fall and know people who stuck around lost a shitload of money and people who were putting a ton of their savings into this stock are probably shitting their pants right now.

Twisted Evil

Whoever has been buying and shorting that stock has been making some decent coin this week. Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 7/28/2018, 2:02 pm

I hate GIFs of people saying something with subtitles of what they are supposed to be saying but the GIF is cut so their mouths are not saying what the subtitle says. Like this:

Random Thoughts - Page 8 KLxhsB1

"This all day."
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/28/2018, 3:22 pm

joey con carne wrote:I hate GIFs of people saying something with subtitles of what they are supposed to be saying but the GIF is cut so their mouths are not saying what the subtitle says. Like this:

"This all day."

You've mentioned this before, until then I'd never paid attention but after you brought it to my attention I look for the full clip gif too.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 7/28/2018, 6:31 pm

Seeing that GIF just bugged me. I had to share it and my useless thoughts. Again. albino

Speaking of animated GIFs, Gary has one in his signature where it looks like Ron Swanson is turning in his chair at the same speed a woman is trying to look him in the eyes to talk to him and he’s going just fast enough so she always stays behind him. What show is that from?
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/28/2018, 7:59 pm

joey con carne wrote:Seeing that GIF just bugged me. I had to share it and my useless thoughts. Again. albino

Speaking of animated GIFs, Gary has one in his signature where it looks like Ron Swanson is turning in his chair at the same speed a woman is trying to look him in the eyes to talk to him and he’s going just fast enough so she always stays behind him. What show is that from?

Ron Swanson has legendary people avoiding skills.....

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 7/28/2018, 9:07 pm

LOL, so it is Parks and Recreation! LOL I am not yet up to that episode. I am about done with season 4.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/29/2018, 7:00 am

joey con carne wrote:LOL, so it is Parks and Recreation! LOL I am not yet up to that episode. I am about done with season 4.

Ron Swanson is the greatest tv character of all time.

BTW, Nick Offerman tends to either be clean shaven or have a full beard in most of his non-Parks work so when you see just the stache it's usually Ron. Cool
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/29/2018, 9:18 am

Random Thoughts - Page 8 2ylnhd10

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 7/29/2018, 2:14 pm

What’s July 29?

It is one of my buddys’ birthday but thats about it on my side of the world.

If that is a Parks and Recreation reference then I probably haven’t seen that one yet.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/29/2018, 3:56 pm

joey con carne wrote:What’s July 29?

It is one of my buddys’ birthday but thats about it on my side of the world.

If that is a Parks and Recreation reference then I probably haven’t seen that one yet.

It's inspired by this actual Andy quote:

Random Thoughts - Page 8 29e
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 7/29/2018, 4:27 pm

I tried to go watch Teen Titans Go To The Movies today and the app would not allow me to check-in.

Rumor has it AMC is going to cancel their A-List program as soon as MoviePass goes out of business which is why the A-List does not allow you to sign up for a year at a time but only for three months for the initial enrollment and then monthly after that.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 7/30/2018, 6:45 pm

MoviePass closed at $0.80 today. Back under a dollar! Woot woot!

Ted Farnsworth is fucking dumb. He does no PR, no announcements, nothing. They did a reverse split too early. They had six months to come up with a gameplan. Ted Farnsworth should have done more to drive investors. Instead, he's been pretty much 100% silent.

This is too good. LOL

Twisted Evil
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 7/31/2018, 10:02 am

Woot woot $0.54!

Now the news is reporting MoviePass is increasing their monthly price to $15. And they will be blocking access to blockbusters for the first few weeks they are out in theaters.

I think it is too little too late.

I hope they live a little longer and get their app working again. I have movies I want to watch!
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/31/2018, 1:26 pm

joey con carne wrote:Woot woot $0.54!

Now the news is reporting MoviePass is increasing their monthly price to $15. And they will be blocking access to blockbusters for the first few weeks they are out in theaters.

I think it is too little too late.

I hope they live a little longer and get their app working again. I have movies I want to watch!

But their plans to save the company by selling MoviePass hats is a gold mine!!!
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 7/31/2018, 4:15 pm

joey con carne wrote:And they will be blocking access to blockbusters for the first few weeks they are out in theaters.

I don't get it, blockbuster or not, what difference is that to them? They all have the same admission prices.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 7/31/2018, 5:18 pm

If I wasn’t prepaid, I’d cancel. Too much bullshit.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 7/31/2018, 6:39 pm

I received an email from MoviePass tonight.

1. They are raising the price to $15 per month.

2. Blockbusters and popular movies will be unavailable for the first fiew weeks of release.

3. Not all movie times will be MoviePass-eligible. That is, you can't just go on AMC.com and look up your local AMC and say "Hey, Venom is playing on Saturday at 6pm. I'm free at 6pm! Let's go to the theater to get tickets!" Nope, there is a possibility the 6pm showing for Venom is not MoviePass-eligible and you will not be able to purchase tickets for that time. So you have to check the MoviePass app to see what times you can use the service to watch a certain movie.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/3/2018, 9:34 am

HAHAHA, I love Jane Seymour. I grew up on Doc Quinn so this just makes her even better.

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 8/3/2018, 3:58 pm

Here's something I recently learned about Jane Seymour (indirectly about Jane Seymour).

Remember back in the day when MTV was the coolest channel in the world? Remember the show Cribs?

Robbie Williams was on Cribs and he showed off "his" spectacular mansion. It was fucking dope.

It was not his house. It belonged to Jane Seymour. He merely rented it out to do the show. There was a whole scandal about it where it was revealed a lot of stars were showing off things which did not belong to them.

Fifty Cent's Ferrari's were rentals. Lil Bow Wow's cars were all rentals. Ja Rule's house was a rental (he got sued for trashing the place), JoJo's house was actually her uncle's house, etc.

It turns out Redman's house was legit his. It's a small house on Staten Island.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 23 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15 ... 23  Next