BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beetlejuice Beetlejuice A.D. 2024 (September 6, 2024)

4 posters

Go down

Beetlejuice Beetlejuice A.D. 2024 (September 6, 2024) Empty Beetlejuice Beetlejuice A.D. 2024 (September 6, 2024)

Post by WyldeMan 10/12/2017, 11:13 am

Beetlejuice Beetlejuice A.D. 2024 (September 6, 2024) Beetle10
Mike Vukadinovich will rewrite Beetlejuice 2 at Warner Brothers, a project that has been long gestating as a re-pairing of Tim Burton and Michael Keaton. No deals are anywhere near done with Burton or Keaton but Deadline hears that the two — who are currently working on Dumbo at Disney — have been excited at the thought of collaborating on a sequel. Seth Grahame-Smith and David Katzenberg of KatzSmith Productions would  produce this one.

The original Beetlejuice was directed by Burton in 1988 and has become a cult favorite. In fact, it was recently re-released and is playing in two theaters in Los Angeles now. Released by Warner Bros., the fantasy comedy starred Alec Baldwin and Geena Davis as ghosts who haunt their old home. When a little girl (Winona Ryder) accidentally unleashes a mischievous ghost (Keaton), the ghosts try to drive the homeowners (Catherine O’Hara and Jeffrey Jones) out of the house.

Vukadinovich’s most recent film work is Rememory, a science-fiction drama that premiered at the Sundance Film Festival earlier this year and was acquired by Lionsgate. Based on his original screenplay, that project stars Peter Dinklage and Julie Ormond. He also wrote Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride, based on the Disneyland ride, for Disney with Justin Springer producing and Pete Candeland attached to direct. We see that he also wrote for the upcoming season of Marvel’s Runaways for Hulu, ABC Studios, and Josh Schwartz, and co-wrote the pilot Horrorstory with Josh Schwartz at Fox, and Gail Berman and Charlie Kaufman executive producing.

Last edited by WyldeMan on 2/1/2024, 10:44 am; edited 4 times in total
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Beetlejuice Beetlejuice A.D. 2024 (September 6, 2024) Empty Re: Beetlejuice Beetlejuice A.D. 2024 (September 6, 2024)

Post by Rusty 10/12/2017, 4:31 pm

I think I'll pass.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Beetlejuice Beetlejuice A.D. 2024 (September 6, 2024) Empty Re: Beetlejuice Beetlejuice A.D. 2024 (September 6, 2024)

Post by UltimateMarvel 10/12/2017, 5:36 pm

I guess it's still happening.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/26/2023, 8:59 pm

Exclusive: Sadie Sink Is Winona Ryder’s Daughter In Beetlejuice 2
Beetlejuice Beetlejuice A.D. 2024 (September 6, 2024) Screen31
Sadie Sink has been cast in the upcoming Beetlejuice 2 and will be playing the daughter of returning star Winona Ryder. According to our trusted and proven sources, the actress and model will be one of the primary characters in the long-in-development sequel to Tim Burton’s 1988 comedy horror film, which is right in line with her career trajectory so far. There are not a lot of details about the plot of the sequel right now, but it is probably safe to say that Sadie Sink will be playing the target of Michael Keaton’s demonic interests in Beetlejuice 2.

Sadie Sink is most famous for her breakout role in the fourth season of the hit Netflix series Stranger Things, which was all the more remarkable for instantly becoming one of the most distinctive characters in an established ensemble. Since then, Sadie Sink has played a number of troubled, emotional teens in various projects, which gives Beetlejuice 2 an interesting option: have her play the opposite of Winona Ryder’s Lydia Deetz’s “strange and unusual” gothic teen from the original.

Thus far, Sadie Sink has demonstrated in Stranger Things, the acclaimed Brendan Fraser drama The Whale, the Netflix R.L. Stine adaptation Fear Street, and Dear Zoe that she can play moody, sarcastic teens with a hard edge and fondness for period music. If Sadie Sink were to appear in Beetlejuice 2 as a cheerful and sunny daughter to Winona Ryder with a fondness for her grandfather Jeffrey Jones’ Norman Rockwell vibes, it would both expand her range and set her as a contrast to her mother.

While there is always a chance that returning director Tim Burton will default to his Hot Topic goth settings for Sadie Sink in Beetlejuice 2, it could be very fun for her character to be a chipper normcore type against her mother’s black lace veil of a personality. While their characters do not interact all that much, it is also kind of fun that both Sadie Sink and Winona Ryder are currently best known for starring in Stranger Things, making the movie another kind of reunion.

So far, it has been confirmed that Beetlejuice 2 will bring back director Tim Burton, Michael Keaton, Winona Ryder, and comedic national treasure Catherine O’Hara (who played Ryder’s art-obsessed mother Delia). Original star Geena Davis has expressed openness to joining the sequel as Barbara Maitland, and Burton favorite Johnny Depp has been rumored to appear in the movie, though that will likely depend on the current status of the rehabilitation of his tarnished reputation. Given the current state of his legal troubles, it feels unlikely that Alec Baldwin will be reprising the role of paternally-minded ghost/miniature hobbyist Adam Maitland.

Sadie Sink in Beetlejuice 2 opens a lot of possibilities for intergenerational tension and supernatural goings-on, and we are very much looking forward to it. Hopefully, the return of the ghost with the most will give her a chance to stretch her range a little bit.

Source: GFR

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/29/2023, 10:15 am

Cool! Didn't really need a sequel but will hold judgement until I see a trailer. This could go either way.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/29/2023, 1:19 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Cool! Didn't really need a sequel but will hold judgement until I see a trailer. This could go either way.

Beetlejuice has been rumored for a sequel for thirty years, it was always going to happen it was just a matter of when. 

Besides Keaton's career could really use it and with Stranger Things coming to an end both Winona and Sadie's careers could use the boost too.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/10/2023, 8:11 pm

Jenna Ortega Circling ‘Beetlejuice 2’
Beetlejuice Beetlejuice A.D. 2024 (September 6, 2024) Jenna-17
Wednesday star Jenna Ortega is looking to stay in the Tim Burton family. The actor is circling a role in Beetlejuice 2, multiple sources tell The Hollywood Reporter.

Warner Bros., which is behind the feature, was not available to comment. A representative for Ortega did not respond to requests for comment.

The news comes as Ortega hits theaters with Scream VI, which could land the top opening in the franchise’s 25-plus-year history.

Tim Burton, who helmed the 1988 film starring Michael Keaton, is expected to direct, with Keaton returning as well, according to sources. Production is eying a late May or early June shoot in London, but budget has not been set, resulting in a back and forth. If a deal is made, sources say Ortega would play the daughter of Lydia, the character played by Winona Ryder in the original.

Alec Baldwin, Geena Davis, Jeffrey Jones, Catherine O’Hara also starred in the original film, which grossed $80 million on a $15 million budget and it scored a best makeup Oscar at the 1989 Academy Awards. The sequel has gone through various iterations over the years, with multiple writers coming and going and Burton himself publicly waffling over his own involvement.

Ortega, who most recently starred in Netflix’s Wednesday, also featuring direction by Burton, has said that she used to have “consistent dreams” about Beetlejuice when she was younger. The actor began her career with roles such as Young Jane on The CW’s Jane the Virgin, followed by parts in You and Yes Day. She starred in last year’s Scream reboot and also appeared in the horror hit X.

Ahead of Wednesday’s debut, Ortega told The Hollywood Reporter of working with Burton: “It’s been quite an insane experience. I’ve been lucky enough to get the opportunity to work with an iconic director who just so happens to be one of the sweetest directors I’ve worked with, and also the most detail-oriented.”

It’s a busy weekend for Ortega, who in addition to Scream VI has Saturday Night Live hosting duties. Ortega is repped by CAA, Gilbertson Entertainment and Jackoway Austen.

Source: THR

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 3/13/2023, 11:42 am

Playing Wednesday and also starring in the Scream franchise, I would prefer if they gave someone else a shot.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/13/2023, 3:35 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Playing Wednesday and also starring in the Scream franchise, I would prefer if they gave someone else a shot.

In the future, all female roles will be played by Sydney Sweeney or Jenna Ortega and as long as they're keeping Anya-Taylor Joy out of work, I'm ok with this.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/9/2023, 6:19 pm

‘Beetlejuice 2,’ Starring Michael Keaton and Jenna Ortega, to Hit Theaters in 2024
Beetlejuice Beetlejuice A.D. 2024 (September 6, 2024) Beetle10
Whether or not you say his name three times, Beetlejuice is returning to movie theaters next year.

Warner Bros. has announced that “Beetlejuice 2” will be released on the big screen on Sept. 6, 2024. It opens on the same day as Marvel’s “Blade,” a comic book adventure starring Mahershala Ali. Otherwise, there’s not much currently set on the release calendar in the surrounding weeks. Warner Bros. has fielded hits over Labor Day weekend of years past with “It” and the sequel “It: Chapter 2,” as well as “The Nun.”

There’s little information available about the follow-up to Tim Burton’s 1988 film about a pesky poltergeist, but the filmmaker is returning with Michael Keaton as Beetlejuice and Winona Ryder as Lydia Deetz. Additional cast members include “Wednesday” star Jenna Ortega as the daughter of Ryder’s character, as well as Justin Theroux in a yet-to-be-revealed role. Production is expected to commence in London on May 10.

Brad Pitt’s Plan B is producing “Beetlejuice 2.” Alfred Gough and Miles Millar, who worked with Burton on “Wednesday,” penned the screenplay.

In the first film, a recently deceased married couple (played by Geena Davis and Alec Baldwin) are impossibly irked by the new family (Catherine O’Hara and Jeffrey Jones play the parents and Ryder portrays their teenage daughter) that moved into their home. So they contact Beetlejuice, a devious ghost from the Netherworld, who promises to help them haunt the house’s new inhabitants.

A critical and commercial hit, “Beetlejuice” grossed $74.7 million and inspired a Tony-nominated stage musical. After a four-year run, which was interrupted by the pandemic, the show closed on Broadway in January.

Source: Variety

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/11/2023, 1:13 pm

‘Beetlejuice 2’: Monica Bellucci In Talks For Tim Burton & Michael Keaton Reteam
Beetlejuice Beetlejuice A.D. 2024 (September 6, 2024) Gettyi46
The Italian actress is in talks to join the Tim Burton directed Beetlejuice 2, we hear, which starts rolling cameras this month.

Monica Bellucci joins returning castmembers Michael Keaton, Winona Ryder, Catherine O’Hara and newcomers Jenna Ortega and Justin Theroux. Word is Bellucci will play Keaton’s wife in the follow-up while Ryder is playing the mother to Ortega’s character. Storyline is under wraps. Al Gough and Miles Millar, the creators of Netflix’s Wednesday series, penned the screenplay.

Warners announced yesterday that Beetlejuice 2 will open in the hot post Labor Day genre corridor of Sept 6, 2024. Brad Pitt’s Plan B is producing the sequel to the 1988 cult hit which grossed $75M WW.

Bellucci recently starred in Mafia Mamma. Her feature credits include Malena, The Passion of the Christ, The Matrix Reloaded and The Matrix Revolutions and Francis Ford Coppola’s Dracula. On TV her credits are L’amour flou and Amazon Prime’s Mozart in the Jungle.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 5/12/2023, 4:29 pm

This needs to happen! I haven't seen her in so long, not since 007 I think. My life without Monica Bellucci means nothing.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/13/2023, 5:23 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:This needs to happen! I haven't seen her in so long, not since 007 I think. My life without Monica Bellucci means nothing.

I can't remember seeing Monica in anything since 2007's Shoot 'Em Up with Clive Owen. I didn't realize it'd been so long. She was such a stunner...

BTW, Willam Dafoe has also signed on to play a law enforcement officer in the afterlife.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 5/14/2023, 11:11 am

WyldeMan wrote:I can't remember seeing Monica in anything since 2007's Shoot 'Em Up with Clive Owen. I didn't realize it'd been so long. She was such a stunner...

Dude, that's more than a decade ago. You should be ashamed of yourself.

WyldeMan wrote:BTW, Willam Dafoe has also signed on to play a law enforcement officer in the afterlife.

Nice! This movie just leveled up with Monica and Willam.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/15/2023, 9:43 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:I can't remember seeing Monica in anything since 2007's Shoot 'Em Up with Clive Owen. I didn't realize it'd been so long. She was such a stunner...

Dude, that's more than a decade ago. You should be ashamed of yourself.

It's not my fault she hasn't appeared in a quality production that I've watched in over a decade. What have I missed?

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 5/15/2023, 6:19 pm

WyldeMan wrote:It's not my fault she hasn't appeared in a quality production that I've watched in over a decade. What have I missed?

Just noticed that Spectre came out in 2015 so I haven't seen her since then. There was Memory with Liam Neeson that I haven't watched yet. She's also in Mafia Mamma with Toni Colette that just came out so I might give that a watch. Most of her other stuff looks like foreign movies.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/16/2023, 5:58 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:It's not my fault she hasn't appeared in a quality production that I've watched in over a decade. What have I missed?

Just noticed that Spectre came out in 2015 so I haven't seen her since then. There was Memory with Liam Neeson that I haven't watched yet. She's also in Mafia Mamma with Toni Colette that just came out so I might give that a watch. Most of her other stuff looks like foreign movies.

Oh shit, I forgot about Spectre. I tend not to bother with Liam Neeson movies too much anymore as he's taken the Bruce Willis path to the quality of his movies dropping every month on streaming. Monica has pretty much always primarily worked in Italian cinema, so it doesn't surprise me she's been doing it more as the years go on.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/11/2023, 7:19 am

Tim Burton’s ‘Beetlejuice 2’ Had Two Days of Shooting Left Before Strike: “It’s 99% Done”
Beetlejuice Beetlejuice A.D. 2024 (September 6, 2024) Fc8c0d10
Production on Tim Burton’s “Beetlejuice 2” started in May and had to be halted on July 14th due to the SAG-AFTRA strike.

In a revelatory interview with The Independent, Burton expresses frustration given that he “was less than two days away from completing shooting on the long-awaited film.”

The film is due to be released next September, and Burton hopes to finish it as soon as the actors’ strike is resolved. “I feel grateful we got what we got. Literally, it was a day and a half,” he says. “We know what we have to do. It is 99 per cent done.

Burton, who had, what he calls, a “soul destroying” experience making films for Disney these last few years, says he felt rejuvenated making this “Beetlejuice” sequel:

I tried to strip everything and go back to the basics of working with good people and actors and puppets. It was kind of like going back to why I liked making movies.”

Composer Danny Elfman confirmed his presence for the sequel which has a cast that includes Michael Keaton, Winona Ryder, Willem Dafoe, Jenna Ortega, Catherine O’Hara and Monica Bellucci.

Burton’s last film was 2019’s “Dumbo.” Last October, the director stated that he was done making Disney movies because he felt enslaved working for them. It makes sense. Burton has not directed a good movie in almost 10 years.

Regardless, he has an impressive filmography that includes “Beetlejuice”, “Batman,” “Edward Scissorhands,” “Ed Wood”, “Sleepy Hollow”, “Mars Attacks”, “Big Fish” and “Sweeney Todd”.

The last thing Burton worked on was the mega-popular Netflix series “Wednesday” — he directed the first four episodes and was also the creator of that show. Ortega was the lead actress of the series.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/13/2023, 11:54 am

Exclusive: Johnny Depp Is In Beetlejuice 2
Beetlejuice Beetlejuice A.D. 2024 (September 6, 2024) Johnny10
He wasn’t in the first one, but it looks like he’s making up for lost time. Our trusted and proven sources tell us Johnny Depp will have a cameo in the upcoming Tim Burton’s Beetlejuice 2. It will mark the first time they’ve collaborated on a screen project since 2016’s Alice Through the Looking Glass, which Burton produced.

We don’t know the precise nature of Johnny Depp’s Beetlejuice 2 cameo, but considering the franchise, we’d be surprised if the Pirates of the Caribbean star doesn’t show up as one of the twisted denizens of the lands of the dead. That would be fitting considering the last time Burton directed Depp, in 2012’s Dark Shadows, the latter played a vampire.

We’ve exclusively learned Johnny Depp will make a cameo appearance in the upcoming Beetlejuice 2.

The fact that Johnny Depp could secure a role in Beetlejuice 2 shouldn’t be particularly surprising. Depp isn’t as controversial a figure as he was in 2020 when he was fired from the Fantastic Beasts franchise. His public court victory against ex-wife Amber Heard rendered him far less “canceled.”

As recently as last November, Burton said he was open to working with Johnny Depp again though he didn’t mention Beetlejuice 2 specifically. Asked if he would direct Depp, Burton told Reuters, “If the right thing was around, sure… I think with anybody, you just, I never work with anybody even with my friends, it’s not like a party so I always would like to try it with him or anybody to kind of go; what is the part? What is the thing? And then is it the right thing, is it the right character? I take things on those basis and no others.”

Apparently the “right thing” for Johnny Depp is somewhere in Beetlejuice 2. Burton and Depp are long overdue for a collaboration. They made three features together in the ’90s (1990’s Edward Scissorhands, 1994’s Ed Wood, 1999’s Sleepy Hollow), and followed that up with three movies in the ’00s (Corpse Bride and Charlie & the Chocolate Factory in 2005, and 2007’s Sweeney Todd).

In one sense, it’s ironic that Johnny Depp’s return to Tim Burton’s filmography should come with Beetlejuice 2, since the original film is one of the few Burton-helmed projects made before they began working together. Beetlejuice hit theaters in 1988 while Edward Scissorhands, Burton’s first time directing Depp, didn’t come out until 1990.

Johnny Depp will also be reunited with Winona Ryder in Beetlejuice 2. The Stranger Things star came out in support of Depp during his struggles with Heard and she will reprise her role of Lydia Deetz in the upcoming sequel.

As for when we’ll get to see Johnny Depp and the rest of the cast in Beetlejuice 2, it’s currently scheduled to hit theaters a little less than a year from now, on September 6, 2024. However, very little is certain when it comes theatrical release dates with the current SAG-AFTRA and WGA strikes.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 9/14/2023, 9:47 pm

Cool! Would've been surprised if he didn't have a part in this. lol
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/1/2024, 10:47 am

‘Beetlejuice’ Sequel Gets Official Title; Pic Still Set For Post-Labor Day Theatrical ReleaseBeetlejuice Beetlejuice A.D. 2024 (September 6, 2024) Tim-bu10
Warner Bros’ Beetlejuice sequel has landed an official title so nice they named it twice: Beetlejuice Beetlejuice A.D. 2024. Check out the poster below.

The title was announced on Warner Bros.’ and the sequel’s social media. The pic comes out on September 6, the post-Labor Day box office horror launchpad weekend made famous by the Burbank lot with the It and Nun franchises. Exhibitors told us that for a blip, due to the actors strike, Warners was contemplating pushing the theatrical release of Beetlejuice 2, but director Tim Burton is making that date after doing a few days of last-minute shots post-strike.

The original 1988 movie from Burton grossed $75M domestic and forged his creative collaboration with Michael Keaton, with the two soon reteaming on Batman and Batman Returns. Let’s also not forget the live-action version of Disney’s Dumbo.

Beetlejuice Beetlejuice reunites Keaton with the pic’s original castmembers Winona Ryder and Catherine O’Hara. Joining in the mix this time around are Wednesday star Jenna Ortega, Willem Dafoe, Monica Bellucci and Justin Theroux.

The film’s Vermont set was burglarized back in mid-July. State police shared a post on X with photos of the sculpture piece that was stolen from the set of the movie in East Corinth.
Beetlejuice Beetlejuice A.D. 2024 (September 6, 2024) Beetle12

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/20/2024, 4:15 pm

Trailer tomorrow. Cool

Beetlejuice Beetlejuice A.D. 2024 (September 6, 2024) Rev-1-12

Beetlejuice Beetlejuice A.D. 2024 (September 6, 2024) Rev-1-11

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 3/20/2024, 8:54 pm

Nostalgia maximum OVERLOAD!!! Can't wait to see the trailer!
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/20/2024, 9:07 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Nostalgia maximum OVERLOAD!!! Can't wait to see the trailer!

This has got to be one of six 80's movies you've actually seen right?

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 3/21/2024, 10:12 pm

WyldeMan wrote:This has got to be one of six 80's movies you've actually seen right?

Yep, owned it on VHS. Cool Keaton still got it.

It's been decades since I've watched it but I remember a lot of comedic moments. Is it just me or is the tone in the trailer a little different?
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/21/2024, 10:46 pm

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 3/22/2024, 11:33 am

By the way, Beetlejuice Beetlejuice is a great title which makes me think there might be a third movie in the future.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/22/2024, 8:41 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:By the way, Beetlejuice Beetlejuice is a great title which makes me think there might be a third movie in the future.

WOAH Sir! What you're implying has dangerous implications in just trying to buy tickets for that movie.... Shocked

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 3/23/2024, 8:45 pm

WyldeMan wrote:WOAH Sir! What you're implying has dangerous implications in just trying to buy tickets for that movie.... Shocked

People would have fun with it I'm sure.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 4/2/2024, 9:39 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:By the way, Beetlejuice Beetlejuice is a great title which makes me think there might be a third movie in the future.
Agreed, you can’t not set it up without the payoff
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/2/2024, 10:04 pm

Tyger wrote:
Agreed, you can’t not set it up without the payoff

We just gotta hope that this sequel is both good and financially successful enough to warrant a third.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down