BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Haunting in Venice (September 15, 2023)

2 posters

Go down

A Haunting in Venice (September 15, 2023) Empty A Haunting in Venice (September 15, 2023)

Post by UltimateMarvel 5/28/2023, 8:52 pm

A Haunting in Venice (September 15, 2023) A_haun10

In post-World War II Venice, Poirot, now retired and living in his own exile, reluctantly attends a seance. But when one of the guests is murdered, it is up to the former detective to once again uncover the killer.

Director: Kenneth Branagh
Writers: Agatha Christie (based upon the novel by), Michael Green (screenplay by)
Stars: Kelly Reilly, Tina Fey, Michelle Yeoh, Jamie Dornan

UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

A Haunting in Venice (September 15, 2023) Empty Re: A Haunting in Venice (September 15, 2023)

Post by UltimateMarvel 5/28/2023, 8:55 pm

Just watched this trailer 10 minutes ago not realizing what it was. I almost stopped it until I saw some of the cast and by the end of it, Hercule Poirot! I didn't know there was another one being made. Trailer has been out for a month. WHY WAS I NOT TOLD?!!! I LOVE THESE MOVIES!
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

A Haunting in Venice (September 15, 2023) Empty Re: A Haunting in Venice (September 15, 2023)

Post by WyldeMan 7/24/2023, 2:41 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Just watched this trailer 10 minutes ago not realizing what it was. I almost stopped it until I saw some of the cast and by the end of it, Hercule Poirot! I didn't know there was another one being made. Trailer has been out for a month. WHY WAS I NOT TOLD?!!! I LOVE THESE MOVIES!

Abe, I don't know if you use Vudu but I just saw that the other Poirot movies with Brannagh are in a two movie bundle right now for $7.99 in 4K. 

I think the deal is running for a few more days and I wanted to mention it because I'd remembered reading your OP.

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 7/25/2023, 7:52 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Abe, I don't know if you use Vudu but I just saw that the other Poirot movies with Brannagh are in a two movie bundle right now for $7.99 in 4K. 

I think the deal is running for a few more days and I wanted to mention it because I'd remembered reading your OP.

No, I don't have a subscription to Vudu but thanks for letting me know.

A new trailer is out by the way......not that any of you care. Crying or Very sad

UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/25/2023, 9:24 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:Abe, I don't know if you use Vudu but I just saw that the other Poirot movies with Brannagh are in a two movie bundle right now for $7.99 in 4K. 

No, I don't have a subscription to Vudu but thanks for letting me know.

A new trailer is out by the way......not that any of you care. Crying or Very sad

I saw Death on the Nile and I didn't have any idea it was a sequel.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 7/26/2023, 5:13 pm

WyldeMan wrote:I saw Death on the Nile and I didn't have any idea it was a sequel.

You don't have to watch the first one to watch Nile, each case is it's own thing essentially. But you should watch the first one because it's just as good.

This case seems a lot different. I don't believe there is anything supernatural at play, I think he's been drugged and more than one person is trying to make him think that he's seeing things that aren't there.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/26/2023, 7:48 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:I saw Death on the Nile and I didn't have any idea it was a sequel.

You don't have to watch the first one to watch Nile, each case is it's own thing essentially. But you should watch the first one because it's just as good.

This case seems a lot different. I don't believe there is anything supernatural at play, I think he's been drugged and more than one person is trying to make him think that he's seeing things that aren't there.

So are Brannagh and Daniel Craig just doing their old man detective franchises now?

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 7/29/2023, 8:01 pm

WyldeMan wrote:So are Brannagh and Daniel Craig just doing their old man detective franchises now?

I guess so. To which I say....keep them coming because I love both franchises.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/29/2023, 9:22 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:So are Brannagh and Daniel Craig just doing their old man detective franchises now?

I guess so. To which I say....keep them coming because I love both franchises.

I really liked the cast in Knives 2 but felt it was a massive disappointment and entirely predictable when compared to the first.

I wasn't left hoping for a third.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 7/30/2023, 8:24 pm

WyldeMan wrote:I really liked the cast in Knives 2 but felt it was a massive disappointment and entirely predictable when compared to the first.

I wasn't left hoping for a third.

Yes, it was a little predictable but it doesn't mean the next one will be. That's what's so great, each movie can be it's own thing.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/21/2024, 7:48 pm

Watched it last night and sadly it was the weakest one of the three. My theory was right and there was not much that surprised me. Good cast but it was missing something the last 2 had, not sure what. If you didn't like the other Poirot movies, I would watch this one.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/22/2024, 12:00 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Watched it last night and sadly it was the weakest one of the three. My theory was right and there was not much that surprised me. Good cast but it was missing something the last 2 had, not sure what. If you didn't like the other Poirot movies, I would watch this one.

Was your suspicion that the entire cast did it? Because that's exactly what the first two movies were about....

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/23/2024, 1:29 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Was your suspicion that the entire cast did it? Because that's exactly what the first two movies were about....

No, just that the supernatural stuff was induced by drugs. I knew people were involved to make him believe he was going crazy but it was for different reasons and luckily there was only one killer this time.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down