BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw ($760 Million Worldwide Box Office)

5 posters

Go down

Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw ($760 Million Worldwide Box Office)  Empty Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw ($760 Million Worldwide Box Office)

Post by WyldeMan 10/10/2017, 10:02 am

Johnson Trying to Woo ‘Furious’ Cast Members to Hobbs Spinoff
Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw ($760 Million Worldwide Box Office)  Deckar10
I love that the behind-the-scenes melodrama of the Fast & Furious franchise is rivaling the on-screen drama of the movies. During production on The Fate of the Furious, we learned that star Vin Diesel and co-star Dwayne Johnson, had a falling out to the point where they wouldn’t even share the same frame.

Then, when news broke of Fast & Furious 9 being delayed to 2020 to make room for the Hobbs & Shaw spinoff starring Johnson and Jason Statham, Tyrese Gibson got in on the action by lashing out at Johnson on Instagram. Diesel, never one to keep quiet, piped up on social media saying that the franchise needed “maintenance” and that he would stay positive.

Now the latest development is Johnson taking to Instagram to promote the Hobbs/Shaw spinoff, writing:

Pumped to expand and build out the FAST & FURIOUS universe in a cool, exciting way with our @sevenbucksprod, writer/producer Chris Morgan, producer Hiram Garcia and lead producer and my bigger twin, Neil Moritz.

Thank you UNIVERSAL STUDIOS for being tremendous partners who see the big picture and for coming to us years ago with this spinoff idea. Huge shout to my brother, Jason Statham for the trust and wanting to create and deliver something fresh and bad ass for the fans.

I have a tremendous amount of respect for this franchise that I’ve enjoyed droppin’ blood and sweat in over the years and my vision is to create greater opportunities for not only my fellow FF cast mates, but for other amazing actors as well who want to be a part of something new and cool.
I want to use my spinoff platform to create new characters that fans will ultimately love to have fun with in multiple chapters and platforms. Film, TV, Digital, Virtual Reality etc.. the more opportunities we can create the better for the fans.
Smart business.

Let’s have some FUN and to quote, Hobbs the boss, if you don’t like it, we’re happy to beat that ass like a Cherokee drum.

He then added in the hashtags, “#CandyAssesNeedNotApply”. It’s clear that the Fast & Furious franchise has completely split with the spinoff not being a spinoff so much as it’s a lifeboat. It’s clear there was no way Johnson would do another movie with Diesel, and Universal didn’t want to lose Johnson. The solution was to simply give Johnson (and Statham) their own series, and now Johnson is using that as an open door to say that any other Fast & Furious actors who want to join him are more than welcome to do so.

So Diesel will keep moving forward with the Fast & Furious franchise, and Johnson gets a new franchise that he’ll lead with Statham. It should be interesting to see who comes out on top.

The Hobbs/Shaw spinoff opens July 26, 2019. Fast & Furious 9 opens April 10, 2020.

Last edited by WyldeMan on 3/22/2022, 11:52 am; edited 3 times in total
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw ($760 Million Worldwide Box Office)  Empty Re: Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw ($760 Million Worldwide Box Office)

Post by joey con carne 10/10/2017, 10:30 am

I had read Tyrese was bitching about this and saying it's because The Rock is selfish Fast and Furious 9 is being pushed back a year to 2020 when it was aimed to be released in 2019.

I like Hobbs vs Shaw. They had good chemistry and should make for a fun buddy-cop-type actionfest.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw ($760 Million Worldwide Box Office)  Empty Re: Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw ($760 Million Worldwide Box Office)

Post by WyldeMan 10/10/2017, 10:36 am

joey con carne wrote:I had read Tyrese was bitching about this and saying it's because The Rock is selfish Fast and Furious 9 is being pushed back a year to 2020 when it was aimed to be released in 2019.

I like Hobbs vs Shaw. They had good chemistry and should make for a fun buddy-cop-type actionfest.

The Rock doesn't get along with Diesel or Tyrese anymore, so who do you think the studio is going to cave to? Razz

Diesel and Tyrese, their shitty careers are over.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 10/10/2017, 11:48 am

WyldeMan wrote:
joey con carne wrote:I had read Tyrese was bitching about this and saying it's because The Rock is selfish Fast and Furious 9 is being pushed back a year to 2020 when it was aimed to be released in 2019.

The Rock doesn't get along with Diesel or Tyrese anymore, so who do you think the studio is going to cave to? Razz

Diesel and Tyrese, their shitty careers are over.

Vinny posted on IG, supporting Dwayne and the Hobbs spin off.

Left CRYrese out there hangin, lookin petty and bitter by himself.

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/10/2017, 1:41 pm

ForeverBlu wrote:Vinny posted on IG, supporting Dwayne and the Hobbs spin off.

Left CRYrese out there hangin, lookin petty and bitter by himself.

Diesel will end up washing Rock's car if he don't make amends and he knows it so he's kissing the royal ass.

I recently read some nasty shit about Tyrese and the treatment of his little girl and I thought he was a POS before...
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 10/10/2017, 4:47 pm

I don't think anyone wants this movie but surprisingly it's happening anyway. Ridiculous!
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 10/10/2017, 5:36 pm

Why the fuck would anyone want to watch this.

Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/10/2017, 6:02 pm

Rusty wrote:Why the fuck would anyone want to watch this.

The same assholes who have made F&F a multi billion franchise...

I was unable to complete either of the last two films.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 10/18/2017, 2:12 pm

Dang, that video is funny to watch but the situation kind of is not from their perspective.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/5/2018, 11:11 am

Idris Elba in Villainous Talks for 'Hobbs and Shaw'
Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw ($760 Million Worldwide Box Office)  Idris-10
Idris Elba is in final negotiations to play the main villain in “Hobbs and Shaw,” the “Fast and Furious” spinoff starring Dwayne Johnson and Jason Statham.

“Deadpool 2” director David Leitch is on board to helm, with Johnson and Statham reprising their roles as special agent Luke Hobbs and criminal mastermind Deckard Shaw, respectively. “Fast and Furious” architect Chris Morgan penned the script, with production set to commence this fall.

The film will see the often-at-odds pair teaming up. Sources say Elba’s character is the antagonist the duo will go up against.

Since his arrival in the franchise’s fifth installment, Universal has tried to find a way to spin off Johnson’s Hobbs character, given his popularity with fans. Statham joined the series in the seventh movie, and considering the chemistry between the two actors in 2017’s “The Fate of the Furious,” Universal took action on plans to develop a spinoff. It hits theaters on July 26, 2019.

Elba’s no stranger to playing the baddie in popular tentpoles. He previously appeared as the villain in “Star Trek Beyond,” in addition to voicing the famous Shere Khan in Jon Favreau’s “The Jungle Book.”

He’s coming off a busy 2017 that included “The Dark Tower,” “Molly’s Game,” “Thor: Ragnarok,” and “The Mountain Between Us.” He most recently helmed the Sundance pic “Yardie.” Elba is currently in production on the Netflix comedy series “Turn Up Charlie,” which he created, and will topline and executive produce.

‘The Crown’s’ Vanessa Kirby Joins 'Hobbs'
Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw ($760 Million Worldwide Box Office)  Kirby210
With her reign as Princess Margaret on Netflix’s acclaimed series “The Crown” officially over, Vanessa Kirby is taking her talents to the big screen. The British actress is in final negotiations to star opposite Dwayne Johnson and Jason Statham in “Fast and Furious” spinoff, “Hobbs and Shaw.”

Kirby will play an MI-5 agent and Shaw’s sister.

Kirby, who received rave reviews that led to a BAFTA win for her role as the troubled sibling to Queen Elizabeth in Netflix’s “The Crown,” appears next in “Mission: Impossible – Fallout.” She can also be seen in “Gareth Jones” opposite Peter Sarsgaard. Kirby is currently on stage performing in National Theatre’s “Julie” in London.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 2/2/2019, 6:25 pm

Looks like they're turning Hobbs into a superhero lol!
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/2/2019, 6:41 pm

Rusty wrote:
Looks like they're turning Hobbs into a superhero  lol!

Rocky's WWE wrestler cousin Roman Reigns is playing his brother in this movie. He filmed the role while on break from his cancer treatments.

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 2/2/2019, 6:42 pm

Vinny D is pissed. You know he’s just stewing about this.

“This is my franchise!”
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/2/2019, 6:43 pm

joey con carne wrote:Vinny D is pissed. You know he’s just stewing about this.

“This is my franchise!”

"I'll show you all! I'll make Triple X 4!!!!"

His revenge is imminent.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 2/2/2019, 6:51 pm

“This is my franchise!”

I'll watch this before I watch another F&F movie. That shit died with Paul Walker.

Vin's problem is he has the personality of a potato. The Rock is far more charismatic and fun to watch, even his bad movies (of which he has a lot) are still usually somewhat entertaining and watchable. Vin's? Not so much.

Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/2/2019, 6:57 pm

Rusty wrote:

“This is my franchise!”

I'll watch this before I watch another F&F movie. That shit died with Paul Walker.

Vin's problem is he has the personality of a potato. The Rock is far more charismatic and fun to watch, even his bad movies (of which he has a lot) are still usually somewhat entertaining and watchable. Vin's? Not so much.

I want Vin to make movies in exactly one franchise but beyond Riddick I don't give a fuck about his career.

Rocky learned to sell inside the squared ring, there would be no charisma or even that character without that background. Maybe that's Vin's problem, he was just a club bouncer.

Last edited by WyldeMan on 2/2/2019, 6:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 2/2/2019, 6:58 pm

Alright. Here's what's going on:

Han is alive. He crawled out at the last minute before his car exploded. By the way, he's got burn scars on his face making him look totally badass. He is also pissed. Pissed Dom and Co. have turned a blind eye to Shaw "murdering" him.

Han is going after both Owen and Deckard Shaw. He's coming after them hard and Brixton (Idris Elba) is one of Han's cronies. Just a small pawn in Han's bigger game. There are casualties and Hobbs and Shaw are going to take down Brixton. Han will put phase two in action for an upcoming Fast and Furious. I'm unsure when Han will be revealed but he's not evil. He's just a little misguided. The loss of Giselle and then the attempt on his life pushed him over the edge. He just wants the Shaws dead and is willing to have some casualties of war. Dom and Co., of course, don't like that and will go after the mystery man (Han) and they will be shocked when they see it was their brother-in-arms.

By the way, Giselle is also still alive.

Last edited by joey con carne on 2/2/2019, 7:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/2/2019, 6:59 pm

joey con carne wrote:Alright. Here's what's going on:

Han is alive. He crawled out at the last minute before his car exploded. By the way, he's got burn scars on his face making him look totally badass. He is also pissed. Pissed Dom and Co. have turned a blind eye to Shaw "murdering" him.

Han is going after both Owen and Deckard Shaw. He's coming after them hard and Brixton (Idris Elba) is one of Han's cronies. Just a small pawn in Han's bigger game. There are casualties and Hobbs and Shaw are going to take down Brixton. Han will put phase two in action for an upcoming Fast and Furious. I'm unsure when Han will be revealed but he's not evil. He's just a little misguided. The loss of Giselle and then the attempt on his life just pushed him over the edge. He just wants the Shaws dead and is willing to have some casualties of war. Dom and Co., of course, don't like that and will go after the mystery man (Shaw) and they will be shocked when they see it was their brother-in-arms.

By the way, Giselle is also still alive.

I can't tell if you just made that up on the spot or if that's the plot of the movie, it could go either way......

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 2/2/2019, 7:03 pm

I feel it in my balls, this is it. Maybe not exactly it but close.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/3/2019, 7:29 am

joey con carne wrote:I feel it in my balls, this is it. Maybe not exactly it but close.

Close to what, Hobbs becoming a full on superhero entirely capable of space flight?

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 2/3/2019, 1:11 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Close to what, Hobbs becoming a full on superhero entirely capable of space flight?

I feel like both my prediction about Han and also Hobbs will do several Superman-type feats throughout the film.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 2/3/2019, 2:43 pm

They are indeed superheroes now and it's just ridiculous. Good cast though and I'm sad to say I will be watching it. lol I don't watch The Crown but Vanessa Kirby was in Mission Impossible and I like her, she's slowly rising. And Elba is in it so it'll be a fun movie at the least.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/3/2019, 3:39 pm

joey con carne wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:Close to what, Hobbs becoming a full on superhero entirely capable of space flight?

I feel like both my prediction about Han and also Hobbs will do several Superman-type feats throughout the film.

So that wasn't really the plot of this movie??? Because when I read what you wrote I thought it sounded exactly like the plot of a F&F movie...... Shocked

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 2/3/2019, 4:38 pm

joey con carne wrote:

Han is dead Joey.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 2/3/2019, 7:26 pm

WyldeMan wrote:So that wasn't really the plot of this movie??? Because when I read what you wrote I thought it sounded exactly like the plot of a F&F movie...... Shocked

LOL I am glad to know my idea is not far-fetched in the F&F world.

UltimateMarvel wrote:Han is dead Joey.

How dare you. Mad
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down