BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glass ($247 Million Worldwide Box Office)

4 posters

Go down

Glass ($247 Million Worldwide Box Office)  Empty Glass ($247 Million Worldwide Box Office)

Post by WyldeMan 4/26/2017, 12:46 pm

Glass ($247 Million Worldwide Box Office)  Samuel10
In perfect M. Night Shyamalan style, the director teased he would share some “unbelievable news” on his Twitter feed today. And he did not disappoint. In a slow reveal, the helmer whose latest film, Split, has been a $275M worldwide hit for Blumhouse and Universal, confirmed his next picture will be the sequel to both that movie and 2000’s Unbreakable. Titled Glass, it will reteam Unbreakable stars Bruce Willis and Samuel L. Jackson, along with Split‘s James McAvoy and Anya Taylor Joy. Universal will release Glass on January 18, 2019.

Shyamalan says of the “crazy comic book thriller” that will be his third collaboration with producer Jason Blum, “It was always my dream to have both films collide in this third film.”

A fan favorite, superhero thriller Unbreakable starred Willis as David Dunn, a security guard who survives a terrible train crash. With the help of Jackson’s mysterious and manipulative comic book shop owner Elijah Price — whose rare disease renders his bones as fragile as glass — Dunn learns he possesses superhuman powers. It grossed $248M globally.

Psychological thriller Split, which stars McAvoy as a kidnapper with multiple personalities, marked the second collaboration for Shyamalan and horrormeister Blumhouse after 2015’s The Visit. It was a monster in its debut, grabbing $40M domestically and going on to $138M in North America and $137M overseas. Japan is still to release.

Last edited by WyldeMan on 3/22/2022, 11:53 am; edited 4 times in total
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Glass ($247 Million Worldwide Box Office)  Empty Re: Glass ($247 Million Worldwide Box Office)

Post by ForeverBlu 4/26/2017, 1:41 pm

Never thought this would ever happen.

Still need to see Split, heard McAvoy is fantastic.

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Glass ($247 Million Worldwide Box Office)  Empty Re: Glass ($247 Million Worldwide Box Office)

Post by UltimateMarvel 4/26/2017, 3:41 pm

What? How can this be a sequel to Split and Unbreakable? I haven't seen Split yet myself.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 5/7/2017, 10:38 pm

HOLY SHIT! I never would have thought the two movies took place in the same universe. Just watched Split and everything clicks now. First of all, about time he made a sequel to Unbreakable but it's also the kind of movie that didn't really need a sequel. He's doing a great job so far though so we'll see how the third one turns out.

I wonder if this was his plan all along with this movie or if he just threw in that little twist at the end at the last minute...
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/8/2017, 6:44 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:HOLY SHIT! I never would have thought the two movies took place in the same universe. Just watched Split and everything clicks now. First of all, about time he made a sequel to Unbreakable but it's also the kind of movie that didn't really need a sequel. He's doing a great job so far though so we'll see how the third one turns out.

I wonder if this was his plan all along with this movie or if he just threw in that little twist at the end at the last minute...

Unbreakable was the origin story of a superhero, so it always needed a sequel.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/11/2017, 8:43 am

Glass Begins Shooting Next Month
Samuel L. Jackson has revealed that Glass will begin filming in September. Glass is the follow-up to M. Night Shyamalan's Split, which was released in January of this year and the long awaited sequel to Unbreakable. The news comes after Shyamalan made the announcement that Sarah Paulson (American Horror Story) will join Bruce Willis, Samuel L. Jackson, James McAvoy, and Anja Taylor-Joy for the upcoming movie. The director also recently announced that he had finished his 5th draft of the script to Glass and that he was ready to go.

Samuel L. Jackson was recently interviewed by Collider and the actor said, "we begin rehearsals on September 18th and I start shooting on the 25th." This is very exciting news and it's pretty amazing how quickly the whole project came together after the initial announcement back in April of this year. The success of Split at the box office as well as the favorable reviews were seen as a welcome return to form for M. Night Shyamalan fans, especially the awesome plot twist at the end that brought back Bruce Willis as David Dunn, leading to immediate speculation that the director was finally going to make the logical sequel to Unbreakable after 17 years.

Glass will be a sequel to both Split and Unbreakable. As previously mentioned, the end of Split welcomed back Bruce Willis as David Dunn and tied the movie to the Unbreakable universe, hinting of a possible crossover between the two movies. Shyamalan recently shared that Split had always been conceived within the Unbreakable universe and that the main character, McAvoy's Kevin Wendle Crumb, was in the original script for Unbreakable. The writer/director has also said that some of the scenes of Split were written over 15 years ago.

M. Night Shyamalan admitted that he did originally have many Unbreakable Easter Eggs going through the entire movie at one point, but took them out because they began to "take over" Split. The director also added that there was a much different version of the post-credit scene, which featured comic book imagery of The Beast, David Dunn, and Elijah Price all together, which he initially thought was a "home run" at first, but later came to the realization that it didn't work after he inserted it into the movie, and decided to remove it.

It appears as if Glass has been put on the fast track since production is about a month away from now with a release date set for January 18th, 2019. It's interesting to see something that took 17 years to complete is now being worked on with such a frantic pace, but it sounds like you cannot slow down M. Night Shyamalan once he starts going. The pressure is on to not only compete with Split, but to ultimately try and live up to fan expectations for a true sequel to Unbreakable, which seems nearly impossible to pull off. The good thing about this project is that we don't have to wait too much longer to see the finished results.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 8/11/2017, 11:14 am

I have concerns.

Judging from that hilariously bad DW remake trailer, Willis is still phoning it in.

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/11/2017, 11:23 am

ForeverBlu wrote:I have concerns.

Judging from that hilariously bad DW remake trailer, Willis is still phoning it in.

Your concerns are warranted, Bruce hasn't been trying in over 15 years and everybody still thinks he's an asshole.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/20/2017, 5:39 am

Shamalam has released a teaser synopsis for Glass.

"Following the conclusion of Split, Glass finds Dunn pursuing Crumb's superhuman figure of The Beast in a series of escalating encounters, while the shadowy presence of Price emerges as an orchestrator who holds secrets critical to both men."

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/21/2017, 5:47 pm

‘Unbreakable’ Actors Return for ‘Glass’
Glass ($247 Million Worldwide Box Office)  Spence10
Spencer Treat Clark and Charlayne Woodard, who appeared in M. Night Shyamalan’s “Unbreakable,” are reprising their roles in “Glass,” the filmmaker’s sequel to the 2000 hit.

“Glass” is a follow-up to Shyamalan’s films “Split” and “Unbreakable,” in which Bruce Willis starred as David Dunn, a security guard who discovers he has superhuman powers that allow him to see the crimes people have committed by touching them.

Willis and his “Unbreakable” co-star Samuel L. Jackson are also returning, along with “Split” stars James McAvoy and Anya Taylor-Joy.

In “Glass,” Dunn pursues Crumb’s superhuman figure of The Beast in a series of escalating encounters, while the shadowy presence of Elijah Price, aka Mr. Glass (Jackson), emerges as an orchestrator who holds secrets critical to both men.

Clark is back as Willis’ son, while Woodard is returning to play Jackson’s mother.

The movie hits theaters on Jan. 18, 2019.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 9/21/2017, 7:30 pm

I don't remember them much but cool.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/22/2017, 5:26 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:I don't remember them much but cool.

Bruce's kid was around for most of the movie but he was really young then and the character of Mr Glasses mother, I recall only being in the beginning of the film about his birth and childhood flashback scenes.

Glass ($247 Million Worldwide Box Office)  Foto410
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 9/22/2017, 10:38 pm

Yeah, it's coming back to me now. Haven't seen this movie in a decade, probably more.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 9/23/2017, 4:44 pm

Wonder if Robin Wright will return?

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/29/2018, 7:44 am

Glass ($247 Million Worldwide Box Office)  Dg3gpf10

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 6/29/2018, 8:02 am

Still haven't seen Split.

Hope Bruce Willis decides to put in some effort and not merely phone it in.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/29/2018, 8:54 am

Rusty wrote:Still haven't seen Split.

Hope Bruce Willis decides to put in some effort and not merely phone it in.

After 20 years of only phoning it in, Bruno ain't gonna start now.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/12/2018, 11:50 am

Glass ($247 Million Worldwide Box Office)  Dh6y1410

Glass ($247 Million Worldwide Box Office)  Dh6y1411

Glass ($247 Million Worldwide Box Office)  Dh6wmx10
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 7/12/2018, 6:13 pm

Nice! I'm looking forward to this one.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/20/2018, 6:32 pm

Glass ($247 Million Worldwide Box Office)  Glass-10
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 7/28/2018, 10:45 pm

Rusty wrote:Of all the Comic Con trailers, this is the only one I've seen that looks remotely entertaining.

I thought I would post this here Russ, Glass was the best trailer in my opinion hands down. Very much looking forward to this one.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 7/28/2018, 11:28 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:
Rusty wrote:Of all the Comic Con trailers, this is the only one I've seen that looks remotely entertaining.

I thought I would post this here Russ, Glass was the best trailer in my opinion hands down. Very much looking forward to this one.

I haven't seen Split yet, so I'm not sure what to expect, but being Shyamalamadingdong, it could be anything.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/29/2018, 7:04 am

Rusty wrote:I haven't seen Split yet, so I'm not sure what to expect, but being Shyamalamadingdong, it could be anything.

Expect to see McAvoy display many many different personalities, most of them are quite silly but one of them murders young women and runs on ceilings. It's a typical Shamalama movie so you know what to expect.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/18/2019, 8:57 am

I've read a few early reviews for Glass and the general consensus is that Shamalama went for multiple twists after in the end which pretty much ruined the whole movie. Good to know some people never change. Razz Razz Razz

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/18/2019, 1:46 pm

I read the same. It sucks because I thought this was gonna be probably one of the best of 2019. How do you fuck this up?! You already have all the characters setup in the first 2 films. You just need a good story to bring them together. Rolling Eyes I'll still check it out to see how he fucked it up. lol
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/18/2019, 4:33 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:I read the same. It sucks because I thought this was gonna be probably one of the best of 2019. How do you fuck this up?! You already have all the characters setup in the first 2 films. You just need a good story to bring them together. Rolling Eyes I'll still check it out to see how he fucked it up. lol

Shamalama never met an ending he couldn't twist beyond comprehension.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down