BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scream 6 ($169 Million Worldwide Box Office)

4 posters

Go down

Scream 6 ($169 Million Worldwide Box Office) Empty Scream 6 ($169 Million Worldwide Box Office)

Post by WyldeMan 2/4/2022, 8:31 am

‘Scream’ Sequel Moving Forward At Paramount And Spyglass
Scream 6 ($169 Million Worldwide Box Office) Scrfp-10
Following the box office success of the latest installment of Scream, Spyglass Media Group and Paramount Pictures have given the green light to move forward with the next installment. Returning for the next film are directors Radio Silence with Matt Bettinelli-Olpin and Tyler Gillett at the helm and James Vanderbilt & Guy Busick co-writing the screenplay. Project X Entertainment’s Vanderbilt, Paul Neinstein and William Sherak are serving as producers.

Creator Kevin Williamson and the third member of Radio Silence, Chad Villella, are executive producing alongside Spyglass’ Gary Barber and Peter Oillataguerre.

“Working with such a wonderful and talented family of creators – and in the lineage Wes and Kevin so expertly built – has been the thrill of a lifetime and we’re so excited to bring the next chapter in the Scream saga to life,” said Radio Silence.

Principal photography is slated to begin this summer. Keeping with the franchise tradition, plot details are under wraps.

“We are tremendously grateful to the fans around the world who enthusiastically received our film. We can’t wait for audiences to see what Radio Silence, writers Jamie & Guy and Project X have in store for our Woodsboro family,” said reps for Paramount and Spyglass.

Insiders say that following the film’s recent opening-weekend success, both Paramount and Spyglass were quick to get all parties together and sign off on bringing both Radio Silence and Project X back.

Vanderbilt and Busick said, “Is this real life? Getting to collaborate once again with our friends on the next installment of the Scream story is more than we could have hoped for. We are overwhelmed that we get to continue to play in the sandbox that Kevin and Wes created. It is, as Ghostface would say, an honor.”

Scream earned a Certified Fresh score from Rotten Tomatoes and recently surpassed the $100 million global box office milestone. Directed by Bettinelli-Olpin and Gillett and written by Vanderbilt & Busick from characters created by Williamson, the horror film’s cast included Melissa Barrera, Kyle Gallner, Mason Gooding, Mikey Madison, Dylan Minnette, Jenna Ortega, Jack Quaid, Marley Shelton, Jasmin Savoy Brown and Sonia Ammar joining the original film’s Courteney Cox, David Arquette and Neve Campbell. Williamson, Villella, Barber, Oillataguerre, Ron Lynch, Cathy Konrad and Marianne Maddalena served as executive producers.

Scream is a long-running genre-busting horror franchise that generated four feature films including Scream, Scream 2, Scream 3 and Scream 4, all directed by the late Wes Craven. The Scream series went on to gross more than $600 million in worldwide box office. Williamson wrote the original film as well as Scream 2 and Scream 4.

Last edited by WyldeMan on 5/9/2023, 6:21 pm; edited 3 times in total

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Scream 6 ($169 Million Worldwide Box Office) Empty Re: Scream 6 ($169 Million Worldwide Box Office)

Post by Tyger 2/4/2022, 5:28 pm

What in the fuck???
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Scream 6 ($169 Million Worldwide Box Office) Empty Re: Scream 6 ($169 Million Worldwide Box Office)

Post by WyldeMan 2/5/2022, 1:25 pm

Tyger wrote:What in the fuck???

Now that 5 has made a little money, they want to start cranking out these sequels.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/22/2022, 9:58 am

Courtney Cox is officially signed on for the next Scream sequel.

They're just gonna keep making Scream movies until the last of the original cast are dead. Of which, only two now remain.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/6/2022, 6:20 pm

Neve Campbell Exits ‘Scream 6’ Over Pay Dispute
Scream 6 ($169 Million Worldwide Box Office) Scrfp-11
Neve Campbell says she won’t be in the new Scream sequel after she received an inadequate offer to star in the slasher franchise’s sixth installment.

“Sadly, I won’t be making the next Scream film. As a woman I have had to work extremely hard in my career to establish my value, especially when it comes to Scream. I felt the offer that was presented to me did not equate to the value I have brought to the franchise,” Campbell said in a statement obtained by The Hollywood Reporter.

In the original 1996 slasher created by Kevin Williamson and Wes Craven, Campbell played protagonist Sidney Prescott, who, along with the characters played by Courteney Cox and David Arquette, among others, faced off with a killer nicknamed Ghostface.

Paramount and Spyglass have planned a sixth installment of the horror franchise after a successful fifth chapter debuted earlier this year.

“It’s been a very difficult decision to move on. To all my Scream fans, I love you. You’ve always been so incredibly supportive to me. I’m forever grateful to you and to what this franchise has given me over the past 25 years,” Campbell added in her statement about not returning to Woodsboro.

James Vanderbilt and Guy Busick co-wrote the screenplay for the new sequel, with Matt Bettinelli-Olpin and Tyler Gillett returning as directors for the new chapter.

Shooting is due to begin this summer for a March 31, 2023, theatrical release.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 6/7/2022, 7:59 am

Idiots! She made the franchise, just pay her.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 6/7/2022, 6:38 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Idiots! She made the franchise, just pay her.

Yup. Fucking idiots.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 6/7/2022, 8:47 pm

I don’t blame her, “You're not paying me enough for this shit” would probably be my reaction too if I were her looking down the barrel of a goddamn SIXTH Scream movie.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/8/2022, 6:53 am

Tyger wrote:I don’t blame her, “You're not paying me enough for this shit” would probably be my reaction too if I were her looking down the barrel of a goddamn SIXTH Scream movie.

The last one which barely focused on Sidney was terrible. Easily the worst in the franchise, I not only figured out who the killers were in the first fifteen minutes without any effort, I even saw the death of a major franchise character coming way before it happened.

I don't know what was the worst part for me; how painfully and dreadfully predictable it all was, the fact that it felt like they copy and pasted the original script but removed all its heart and brains or how one of the female leads kept talking about she only watched "elevated horror movies" and name dropped shit like the Babadook and It Follows as her favorites. And then after all that bullshit they didn't even kill her and she'll be back for the sequel!!! NO PAYOFF after making me hear that bullshit!! NONE. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Oh yeah and way more people survived these Ghostfaces than ever before. At least half a dozen stabbing victims were totally fine by the end credits, it didn't matter how badly their injuries appeared. It was insanely bad, they obviously allowed so many people to survive just so they could keep them around for the sequels and what do you know, they've all been announced as returning meanwhile Neve Campbell the entire reason people still care about the franchise, will not be paid properly to return so she won't.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 6/8/2022, 4:02 pm

WyldeMan wrote:The last one which barely focused on Sidney was terrible. Easily the worst in the franchise, I not only figured out who the killers were in the first fifteen minutes without any effort, I even saw the death of a major franchise character coming way before it happened.

Yeah, I saw that death coming too, it was too obvious.

I figured out one of the killers but not the male because I'm not used to seeing the actor in a villain type of role.

WyldeMan wrote:I don't know what was the worst part for me; how painfully and dreadfully predictable it all was, the fact that it felt like they copy and pasted the original script but removed all its heart and brains or how one of the female leads kept talking about she only watched "elevated horror movies" and name dropped shit like the Babadook and It Follows as her favorites. And then after all that bullshit they didn't even kill her and she'll be back for the sequel!!! NO PAYOFF after making me hear that bullshit!! NONE. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

I'm not sure which character you're talking about here. The twin sister?

WyldeMan wrote:Oh yeah and way more people survived these Ghostfaces than ever before. At least half a dozen stabbing victims were totally fine by the end credits, it didn't matter how badly their injuries appeared. It was insanely bad, they obviously allowed so many people to survive just so they could keep them around for the sequels and what do you know, they've all been announced as returning meanwhile Neve Campbell the entire reason people still care about the franchise, will not be paid properly to return so she won't.

The twin brother I thought for sure was a goner but it's a miracle. lol I still enjoyed the movie though despite some of the dumb situations.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/8/2022, 4:14 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:I figured out one of the killers but not the male because I'm not used to seeing the actor in a villain type of role.

His character wasn't the least bit like Hughie in The Boys and that's why I instantly knew. Jack was playing the role much darker than if he's a likeable goof. He showed his cards too early to me. Also as I mentioned they basically copied the entire plot from Scream and then didn't even bother to change the name.

UltimateMarvel wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:I don't know what was the worst part for me; how painfully and dreadfully predictable it all was, the fact that it felt like they copy and pasted the original script but removed all its heart and brains or how one of the female leads kept talking about she only watched "elevated horror movies" and name dropped shit like the Babadook and It Follows as her favorites. And then after all that bullshit they didn't even kill her and she'll be back for the sequel!!! NO PAYOFF after making me hear that bullshit!! NONE. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

I'm not sure which character you're talking about here. The twin sister?

No I was talking about the Jenna Ortega character who was the sister of Billy Loomis's daughter. Ortega was the one who got her leg smashed and was in the hospital for most of the movie. She spent her whole time on the phone with Ghostface talking about her pretentious horror movie choices like a millennial snob.

UltimateMarvel wrote:The twin brother I thought for sure was a goner but it's a miracle. lol I still enjoyed the movie though despite some of the dumb situations.

For sure, that mother fucker should have been crippled at a minimum. Both twins survived? Horse shit! And let's not forget Sydney and Gail getting shot and stabbed and then being perfectly fine by the end credits.

Here's an amusingly accurate summary of 5cream.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/19/2023, 12:46 pm

‘Scream 6’ Trailer Teases Hayden Panettiere’s Return and a “Different” Ghostface Stalking New York

Hayden Panettiere returns to the Scream franchise in the latest trailer for Scream VI.

The two-and-half-minute preview for the Matt Bettinelli-Olpin and Tyler Gillett movie follows returning Scream 5 stars Melissa Barrera, Jenna Ortega, Jasmin Savoy Brown and Mason Gooding as they try to escape a Ghostface promising that “There’s never been one like me,” before adding, “I’m something — different.”

Set in New York, the latest installment in the horror series takes the chase to subways, bodegas, old apartment buildings and high-tech underground shrines.

The newest peek at the film brings back something the teaser previewed — the group’s frightening Halloween altercation with Ghostface(s) on a subway train — but adds a deadly bodega altercation that seemingly takes Ghostface to new brazen heights.

Viewers also get a brief look at Panettiere, who is reprising her Scream 4 role as Kirby, the lone survivor of the high-body count Woodsboro Massacre Remake, who made a brief visual cameo in Scream 5.

Courteney Cox is also back as Gale, delivering much of the trailer’s action in a nail-biting, glass-smashing, bullet-flying fight sequence that sees her and Ghostface going head-to-head. Ultimately, the trailer promises an all-out fight between Scream 5’s returning class and a new cast of characters, which includes Dermot Mulroney.

Jack Champion, Henry Czerny, Liana Liberato, Devyn Nekoda, Tony Revolori, Josh Segarra and Samara Weaving also star.

“I have a secret. I have a darkness inside of me. It followed me here and it’s going to keep coming for us,” Barrera’s Sam says in the trailer.

“We share a certain history,” Panettiere adds.

In addition to the YouTube trailer, an alternate cut of the preview was released on Twitter Thursday, featuring more blood and profanity.

Produced by William Sherak, James Vanderbilt and Paul Neinstein with Kevin Williamson, Gary Barber, Peter Oillataguerre, Chad Villella and Courteney Cox serving as executive producers, Scream 6 is set to hit theaters March 10.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/19/2023, 12:50 pm

I'm going to see this on streaming just in the hopes that they kill off everybody from Scream 5. I still need my payoff!

Also, it looks like Gale Weathers is getting killed off in the opening credits...

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/19/2023, 6:01 pm

Yeah, Gale is definitely not making it. At least she made it this far though!

This killer seems like the best one, not your usual average killer. I hope it doesn't turn out to be a woman. Please don't let it go this route!
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/19/2023, 6:14 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Yeah, Gale is definitely not making it. At least she made it this far though!

This killer seems like the best one, not your usual average killer. I hope it doesn't turn out to be a woman. Please don't let it go this route!

Gale is definitely gettin the Scream 3 Cotton Weary treatment.

I hope this time its revealed to be a network of serial killers not just two people. There will be a half dozen of them in this movie since they're just getting started but then we will open up to a worldwide Ghostface cult of personality that will bring upon the apocalypse through social media popularity in future sequels.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 5/2/2023, 4:49 pm

Watched it last night and I have to say, they are finding interesting ways to keep us guessing. For the reveal of the killers, I saw one of them coming but didn't expect the rest. I think 5 and 6 have been good and kind of elevated this franchise enough to keep it going. I was laughing and entertained through out the movie.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/3/2023, 7:45 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Watched it last night and I have to say, they are finding interesting ways to keep us guessing. For the reveal of the killers, I saw one of them coming but didn't expect the rest. I think 5 and 6 have been good and kind of elevated this franchise enough to keep it going. I was laughing and entertained through out the movie.

If they wanted me to like this movie and not just see it as another predictable rehash than the killers would have been Samara Weaving and Josh Segarra.

I really hated the killer family reveal because it's just Scream 2 all over again but with more family members.

Scream 6 was a total rehash of Scream, so I expect another bastard sibling to enter the fray in Scream 7.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 5/4/2023, 4:23 pm

WyldeMan wrote:If they wanted me to like this movie and not just see it as another predictable rehash than the killers would have been Samara Weaving and Josh Segarra.

I really hated the killer family reveal because it's just Scream 2 all over again but with more family members.

Scream 6 was a total rehash of Scream, so I expect another bastard sibling to enter the fray in Scream 7.

I don't remember much from Scream 2 to be honest. Still, I didn't mind who killers. Josh Segarra would have been a good choice as well. I don't know about Samara though. Ghostface was slicing and dicing against a group of people, I can't buy that.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/5/2023, 5:59 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:I don't remember much from Scream 2 to be honest. Still, I didn't mind who killers. Josh Segarra would have been a good choice as well. I don't know about Samara though. Ghostface was slicing and dicing against a group of people, I can't buy that.

I remember every killer from every Scream movie but none have ever topped Billy and Stu in the original.

Segarra proved during his time on Arrow that he's entirely capable of playing a very convincing psychopath but since then all I've seen him play are a pansy ass on She-Hulk and the useless panicked boyfriend in Scream 6, apparently Hollywood does no agree.

Samara is a very versatile actress who's played a killer multiple times and psychopathic 115 lb girls have been part of this franchise since Nancy Loomis in Scream 2, Jill Roberts in Scream 4, Amber Freeman in Scream 5 and finally Quinn Bailey in Scream 6. Just saying, tiny girls have been slashing their way through this franchise for decades but none have them have been too impressive. Samara has crazy eyes and a lot of talent, she could have sold me.

Why the fuck do Randy's niece and nephew keep surviving?!?!!? How many times has the brother been stabbed across two movies? Why is he so impossible to kill when he's utterly usless? Who gave this fucking guy the unlimited life cheat code?!?!?!

The only reason I even watched Scream 6 was so that they could rectify all their mistakes from Scream 5, only to keep everybody alive again!!!! Evil or Very Mad

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 5/5/2023, 6:32 pm

WyldeMan wrote:I remember every killer from every Scream movie but none have ever topped Billy and Stu in the original.

I liked all the flashbacks to the past serial killers.

WyldeMan wrote:Segarra proved during his time on Arrow that he's entirely capable of playing a very convincing psychopath but since then all I've seen him play are a pansy ass on She-Hulk and the useless panicked boyfriend in Scream 6, apparently Hollywood does no agree.

I agree, I think he could have done a great job.

WyldeMan wrote:Samara is a very versatile actress who's played a killer multiple times and psychopathic 115 lb girls have been part of this franchise since Nancy Loomis in Scream 2, Jill Roberts in Scream 4, Amber Freeman in Scream 5 and finally Quinn Bailey in Scream 6. Just saying, tiny girls have been slashing their way through this franchise for decades but none have them have been too impressive. Samara has crazy eyes and a lot of talent, she could have sold me.

I knew you were going to mention all the other female killers. Samara is very good and I have no doubt she could play the psycho serial killer but she will need a male accomplice.

WyldeMan wrote:Why the fuck do Randy's niece and nephew keep surviving?!?!!? How many times has the brother been stabbed across two movies? Why is he so impossible to kill when he's utterly usless? Who gave this fucking guy the unlimited life cheat code?!?!?!

STOP! Don't question it! Obviously they missed his vital organs and all those stabs weren't deep enough. If you have a problem with this answer then maybe the real problem is you Wylde. Have you considered that? I'm just saying.............. Razz

WyldeMan wrote:The only reason I even watched Scream 6 was so that they could rectify all their mistakes from Scream 5, only to keep everybody alive again!!!! Evil or Very Mad

We were both wrong about Gale by the way. I was pretty sure she wasn't going to make it.

Wish Neve Campbell was in this too. I hope they bring her back if there is a Scream 7.

I still liked 5 and 6. I don't know if it's nostalgia or what but it was a fun watch.

AND WHERE IS MY FINAL DESTINATION????!!!!!
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/6/2023, 7:37 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:Why the fuck do Randy's niece and nephew keep surviving?!?!!? How many times has the brother been stabbed across two movies? Why is he so impossible to kill when he's utterly usless? Who gave this fucking guy the unlimited life cheat code?!?!?!

STOP! Don't question it! Obviously they missed his vital organs and all those stabs weren't deep enough. If you have a problem with this answer then maybe the real problem is you Wylde. Have you considered that? I'm just saying.............. Razz

He's going to be limping around like Dewey in the next one. He'll get stabbed in every movie also just like Dewey and they'll eventually kill him in Scream 9.

UltimateMarvel wrote:We were both wrong about Gale by the way. I was pretty sure she wasn't going to make it.

Wish Neve Campbell was in this too. I hope they bring her back if there is a Scream 7.

I still liked 5 and 6. I don't know if it's nostalgia or what but it was a fun watch.

AND WHERE IS MY FINAL DESTINATION????!!!!!

They've fully committed to making Gale entirely unlikable and yet she still survives? Why so they can rehash her writing ANOTHER book the next time? At this point in the story that Radio Silence is telling, Gale and Sidney are now entirely unnecessary for this franchise to survive.

If Scream 7 does not turn both sisters into the next Ghostfaces, than they have failed at telling this story...

If you're talking about the Final Destination film franchise than you're in luck because it's coming back with a new sequel made for HBO Max! Razz

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 5/7/2023, 10:00 am

WyldeMan wrote:If Scream 7 does not turn both sisters into the next Ghostfaces, than they have failed at telling this story...

I don't see that happening for Tara but I can see it for Sam. They played with that quite a bit in this one.

WyldeMan wrote:If you're talking about the Final Destination film franchise than you're in luck because it's coming back with a new sequel made for HBO Max! Razz

Damn! It's good because I get to watch it when it comes out. And it's also bad because it won't be in theaters and more people won't go see it which means less chance for a sequel. Sad
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/8/2023, 7:37 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:If Scream 7 does not turn both sisters into the next Ghostfaces, than they have failed at telling this story...

I don't see that happening for Tara but I can see it for Sam. They played with that quite a bit in this one.

Both girls are now killers and it didn't seem to much bother Tara, I think she's got a taste for it.

UltimateMarvel wrote:Damn! It's good because I get to watch it when it comes out. And it's also bad because it won't be in theaters and more people won't go see it which means less chance for a sequel. Sad

Final Destination is the only horror franchise to ever get away with not having a villain. People die and they keep saying you can't heat death but they never bothered to establish any of the lore so yes the kills are funny but the FD franchise is hollow and forgettable after the first one.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 5/9/2023, 7:39 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Final Destination is the only horror franchise to ever get away with not having a villain. People die and they keep saying you can't heat death but they never bothered to establish any of the lore so yes the kills are funny but the FD franchise is hollow and forgettable after the first one.

Scream 6 ($169 Million Worldwide Box Office) Giphy
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down