BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dune ($400 Million Worldwide Box office)

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Dune ($400 Million Worldwide Box office)  - Page 2 Empty Re: Dune ($400 Million Worldwide Box office)

Post by UltimateMarvel 10/29/2021, 5:30 pm

Pretty much what we expected. This is not a trilogy, right? If the second one ends the same way I'm going to be pissed. It feels like there is a whole lot more story than just 2 films.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Dune ($400 Million Worldwide Box office)  - Page 2 Empty Re: Dune ($400 Million Worldwide Box office)

Post by Tyger 10/30/2021, 5:28 pm

There’s more books, but I don’t see Villeneuve doing more than the first book.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/30/2021, 7:12 pm

Tyger wrote:There’s more books, but I don’t see Villeneuve doing more than the first book.

HBO Max has the upcoming Dune: Sisterhood series about the Bene Gesserit to help expand the lore.

But who knows, in the coming years the studio may decide in continue the franchise beyond what Villeneuve has agreed to do.

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 10/30/2021, 8:08 pm

From what I’ve heard (which is not a lot), Paul is only a big figure in the first book so they could definitely do more movies based on the other books by different directors.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 11/1/2021, 2:22 pm

So, is Paul meant to unite with the Fremen to win the war against the Emperor? That's what it looks like from the dreams but he also gets betrayed by Zendaya's character. Is that all going to happen in the next one?

Also, there were some scenes/lines in the trailers that were cut from the movie if anyone noticed.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/3/2021, 11:30 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:So, is Paul meant to unite with the Fremen to win the war against the Emperor? That's what it looks like from the dreams but he also gets betrayed by Zendaya's character. Is that all going to happen in the next one?

Also, there were some scenes/lines in the trailers that were cut from the movie if anyone noticed.

Yeah Paul is basically the witch coven's genetically altered chosen one. He will become the most powerful being in the galaxy, once he starts trippin on that spice and embraces his destiny like he was starting to do with that total ownage over the Freman at the end of the movie.

From what I've read, a significant amount of footage was left on the cutting room floor. The world of Dune is massive and they've barely scratched the surface after Part One. I see no way in hell to complete this story to a satisfactory end after Part Two, they must keep going with Dune Messiah and Children of Dune.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 11/5/2021, 5:02 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Yeah Paul is basically the witch coven's genetically altered chosen one. He will become the most powerful being in the galaxy, once he starts trippin on that spice and embraces his destiny like he was starting to do with that total ownage over the Freman at the end of the movie.

From what I've read, a significant amount of footage was left on the cutting room floor. The world of Dune is massive and they've barely scratched the surface after Part One. I see no way in hell to complete this story to a satisfactory end after Part Two, they must keep going with Dune Messiah and Children of Dune.

So, the spice gives him powers? Is that different than Desert Power?
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/6/2021, 9:37 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:So, the spice gives him powers? Is that different than Desert Power?

I believe the Spice Melange and the "Desert Power" are the same thing, either way you ride giant sandworms.

I think it just has a bigger impact on Paul because of the genetic manipulation and training his mother subjected him to in search for her people's savior.

But I still laughed every time they said "Desert Power" cause that's so dumb....

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2