BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Halloween ($255 Million Worldwide Box Office)

+3
detective392
ForeverBlu
WyldeMan
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Halloween ($255 Million Worldwide Box Office)  - Page 2 Empty Re: Halloween ($255 Million Worldwide Box Office)

Post by WyldeMan 6/8/2018, 4:04 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:So, I've never watched any of the Halloween movies. What the hell is he? How is he not dead yet?

Classic Abe, lookin to join a franchise 10 films in and asking who the lead character is. LOL.

Michael is a psychopath who killed his family on Halloween night. However, since they're basically throwing everything out after the first movie so I really can't tell you who this Michael is.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Halloween ($255 Million Worldwide Box Office)  - Page 2 Empty Re: Halloween ($255 Million Worldwide Box Office)

Post by joey con carne 6/9/2018, 2:51 pm

Besides the fact they appear to be throwing out every single other Halloween movie after the first one and saying this upcoming movie is the direct sequel to the first movie, I would definitely recommend you just watch the first movie anyway. It is pretty good.

I definitely recommend you watch it with the volume up. Razz
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 6/11/2018, 3:28 pm

This is not scary because it's just a man. Demonic type of horror movie is where it gets scary for me.

How do you guys feel about this since you've seen the previous ones? Did you guys like the trailer?
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/11/2018, 3:51 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:This is not scary because it's just a man. Demonic type of horror movie is where it gets scary for me.

How do you guys feel about this since you've seen the previous ones? Did you guys like the trailer?

Throughout the franchise Michael Meyers was essentially an unstoppable killer, it's not like he can just be shot or burned he's basically immune to all forms of death, so your declaration that he's just a man isn't exactly true.

As they got deeper into the franchise, Michael got more supernatural and more unstoppable, there was a cult mythology and all kinds of other nonsense. Pretty sure it was all that noise that caused McBride to throw out most of the franchise in this reboot.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 6/11/2018, 8:14 pm

joey con carne wrote:Besides the fact they appear to be throwing out every single other Halloween movie after the first one and saying this upcoming movie is the direct sequel to the first movie, I would definitely recommend you just watch the first movie anyway. It is pretty good.

Hell yes. Loved the first one. It's the only one I've watched multiple times.

Abe, go watch it.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 6/11/2018, 10:08 pm

Abe’s gonna watch it with the lights on and through his fingers
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/12/2018, 4:36 am

Rusty wrote:
joey con carne wrote:Besides the fact they appear to be throwing out every single other Halloween movie after the first one and saying this upcoming movie is the direct sequel to the first movie, I would definitely recommend you just watch the first movie anyway. It is pretty good.

Hell yes. Loved the first one. It's the only one I've watched multiple times.

Abe, go watch it.

Absolutely, no matter what happened with all the sequels, the original Halloween is unparalleled when it comes to the genre.

I too have seen it countless times and I remember watching it repeatedly as a young kid.

However, I can't help but wonder what is a Halloween film without Sam Loomis.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/18/2018, 1:26 pm

It’s here! The exclusive San Diego Comic Con #HalloweenMovieHalloween ($255 Million Worldwide Box Office)  - Page 2 HalloweenMovie_2018 poster by artist Bill @sienkiewiczart . Want to get one? Turn on notifications for @halloweenmovie for updates from #SDCC this weekend.
Halloween ($255 Million Worldwide Box Office)  - Page 2 Dixnct10
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/6/2018, 4:39 am

I am totally stoked for this, all I can think of while watching this trailer is the original.

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 9/6/2018, 10:17 am

She went all Sarah Connor
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/6/2018, 1:08 pm

It's been an excellent day for fans of the Halloween franchise with the release of not one, but two lengthy trailers. The second trailer is the international version, which boasts an entirely different cut and offers a bunch of brand-new footage, including a tease of an unmasked Michael Myers, showing off the back of his head. While both trailers are pretty different from each other, they both share The Shape's path of destruction and give some sneak peeks at the battle between Laurie Strode and Myers.

The international trailer for Halloween also shows off some new footage of a babysitter giving a child a pretty good jump scare as Michael Myers makes his way back to Laurie Strode. The battle between Laurie Strode and Michael Myers looks even more intense than it does in the North American trailer. Strode may think that she's prepared to take The Shape down after all of these years, but the international trailer definitely shows that Myers has some new tricks up his sleeve.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 9/6/2018, 2:14 pm

The international trailer is better, too much following Myers in the US trailer
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/6/2018, 2:18 pm

Tyger wrote:The international trailer is better, too much following Myers in the US trailer

I do not like horror movies that spend the majority of run time following the killer, they should be heard but rarely seen.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/22/2018, 8:50 am

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/30/2018, 7:49 am

Halloween Is on Target for Best Opening Weekend in Franchise History
Halloween ($255 Million Worldwide Box Office)  - Page 2 Hallow10
Blumhouse's Halloween is expected to bring in at least $40 million domestically during its debut weekend, making it the highest grossing opening for the entire franchise, which includes ten previous installments, including the two Rob Zombie remakes. The R-rated horror film is hitting theaters 40 years after John Carpenter's iconic original, and includes his input as an executive producer as well as a reimagining of the equally iconic score. While most R-rated horror movies are expected to be a hit with a male audience over the age of 25, it looks like the new Halloween is testing well with all genders and way below the age of 25.

According to early predictions, Halloween will earn $40 million domestically upon its premiere and could possibly take in $50 million for the three day haul.

This will put it just above The Conjuring series and right below Paranormal Activity and The Nun for best R-rated horror film openings of all time. Andres Muschietti's big screen adaptation of Stephen King's IT is the champion, which brought in a massive $123.4 million in its opening weekend.

To date, the Halloween franchise has made over $300 million at the North American box office over the course of forty years and ten films. 2007's Halloween took in $58.2 million during its initial theatrical run, which is the highest of the franchise, but the new movie will do close to that in its first few days on the big screen. David Gordon Green's take on the franchise currently holds an 85 percent Fresh rating on Rotten Tomatoes and has been getting generally positive reviews from critics. The horror film also received a standing ovation at the Toronto International Film Festival.

There has been a pretty good buzz surrounding David Gordon Green's Halloween amongst younger horror fans who are excited to see Jaime Lee Curtis back as Laurie Strode. The film took the risky decision of ditching all of the previous installments to make a proper sequel to John Carpenter's original movie.

However, older horror fans are a little more cautious about the new movie, with some already deciding that they don't like it, even though they've never seen it. Early reports of too much fan service has scared away a lot of horror devotees.

John Carpenter has given his stamp of approval on what David Gordon Green and Danny McBride pulled off with their Halloween vision. With such a healthy opening, it seems like a safe bet that Green and McBride will get to finish their sequel idea. With that being said, it's pretty early to have box office predictions on the project, since the numbers can change, for the better or the worse in the coming weeks. For now, it looks like The Shape is going to have a nice welcome back to theaters on October 19th. The box office prediction for Blumhouse's Halloween come to us from Deadline.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/21/2018, 9:25 am

Weekend Box Office: 'Halloween' Opens to Terrifying $77.5M
Halloween ($255 Million Worldwide Box Office)  - Page 2 Hallow11
Trick or treat took on a whole new meaning at the weekend box office, where Blumhouse and Universal's Halloween opened to a terrifying $77.5 million from 3,920 theaters, the second-best showing of all time for an R-rated horror pic.

It also scored the second-best debut ever for the month of October, coming in not far behind the record set by Venom earlier this month ($80 million). Overseas, Halloween started off with $14.3 million from its first 23 markets, led by Mexico ($4.9 million) and the U.K. ($3.6 million), for a global bow of $91.80 million.

The film — a direct sequel to the 1978 classic slasher hit that sees Jamie Lee Curtis reprise her role as the iconic Laurie Strode — is yet another victory for horror maestro Jason Blum and his micro-budgeted strategy. Halloween cost $10 million to make, with Blumhouse and Miramax co-financing.

Halloween sees Laurie Strode once again facing off with Michael Myers, the masked figure who has haunted her since she narrowly escaped his killing spree on Halloween night in 1978. (Nick Castle reprises his role as Myers.)

Directed by David Gordon Green, Halloween wasn't able to match New Line's 2017 blockbuster It, which opened to $123.4 million, easily the top showing of all time for an R-rated horror movie, not adjusted for inflation. However, Halloween did win the crown for the top opening of all time for a Halloween-themed title opening around the holiday. The previous best was Paranormal Activity 3 ($53.8 million), which also marked Blumhouse's previous top opening.

“I am enormously proud of this film,” Blum says. "Halloween brings the franchise back to life in a fresh, relevant and fun way that is winning over fans and critics alike.”

In addition to stellar reviews, Halloween nabbed a B+ CinemaScore, a good grade for the genre. Males made up 53 percent of ticket buyers, while nearly 60 percent of the aud was over the age of 25.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/21/2018, 9:32 am

Three weeks prior to release Halloween was on track for a $40mil domestic opening and $10mil from the international markets when the actual numbers nearly doubled those projections.

I think when they make a movie for $10mil and it opens to $90mil, we should probably expect this to became a Blumhouse annual franchise.

I look forward to the news of other classic slasher franchises also being immediately resurrected from the woodpile after these numbers.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 10/26/2018, 11:20 am

I hear this movie is the bombay.

Will have to wait until it hits the web to see it. No time to see before Halloween.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/26/2018, 12:36 pm

joey con carne wrote:I hear this movie is the bombay.

Will have to wait until it hits the web to see it. No time to see before Halloween.

I've heard nothing but great things, which makes me very happy. I too will wait for home so I can double feature it with the original. Cool
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/27/2018, 8:13 am

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2