BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Halloween Kills ($131 Million Worldwide Box office)

4 posters

Go down

Halloween Kills ($131 Million Worldwide Box office)  Empty Halloween Kills ($131 Million Worldwide Box office)

Post by WyldeMan 7/19/2019, 5:37 pm

Two More ‘Halloween’ Movies Coming In 2020 And 2021
Universal has confirmed that David Gordon Green and Danny McBride’s successful reincarnation of John Carpenter’s Halloween franchise from Blumhouse is indeed returning — with not one but two new films.

The studio said Friday that Halloween Kills will bow on October 16, 2020, and Halloween Ends, is set for October 15, 2021.

The continuation of the rebooted franchise featuring original star Jamie Lee Curtis as Laurie Strode, her nemesis Michael Myers and the return of Carpenter in a key role had been tipped previously — a no-brainer after last year’s Green-direct pic directed became the highest-grossing installment in the horror franchise at $255.5 million worldwide.

Trancas International Films, Miramax and Blumhouse Productions return as producers, with Green and McBride set to write both new installments (the first along with Scott Teems and the second with Paul Brad Logan and Chris Bernier), all based on characters created by Carpenter and Debra Hill for the 1978 original.

Green will direct both sequels, in between likely helming a pic about Cambridge Analytica mastermind Christopher Wylie that is set up at the Russo brothers’ AGBO Studios based on a script by Avengers: Endgame screenwriters Christopher Markus & Stephen McFeely. (That pic is being eyed for a 2020 start date.)

Malek Akkad, Jason Blum and Bill Block will return as producers on both Halloween sequels. Carpenter, Curtis, Jeanette Volturno, Couper Samuelson, McBride, Green and Ryan Freimann are executive producers. Ryan Turek is overseeing for Blumhouse.

Universal had bookmarked the release dates previously under the Untitled Blumhouse Productions Projects moniker.

Last edited by WyldeMan on 3/22/2022, 10:40 am; edited 4 times in total
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Halloween Kills ($131 Million Worldwide Box office)  Empty Re: Halloween Kills ($131 Million Worldwide Box office)

Post by UltimateMarvel 7/20/2019, 10:01 am

I still haven't seen last year's Halloween movie.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Halloween Kills ($131 Million Worldwide Box office)  Empty Re: Halloween Kills ($131 Million Worldwide Box office)

Post by WyldeMan 7/20/2019, 10:03 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:I still haven't seen last year's Halloween movie.

I don't recommend it.

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 7/20/2019, 9:40 pm

WyldeMan wrote:I don't recommend it.

Skip it is then. Cool
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/21/2019, 9:16 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:I don't recommend it.

Skip it is then. Cool

I only see a handful of new movies every year because so few interest me but Halloween is a property that I've never missed and unfortunately I was nothing but disappointed with it and never felt the urge for a second viewing. Now they're going to crank out a few more ill advised and poorly titled movies in this severely abused franchise just because they can and I can't bring myself to care anymore.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 7/21/2019, 11:18 am

I’ll still watch Halloween: Judgement Day sometime when it’s streaming, but these sequels are just WTF
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 7/21/2019, 1:52 pm

I feel like this series is starting to go off the rails with all these sequels.

I just hope we don't find out Michael has some sort of immortality granted to him by a demon or some shit in return for his soul.

Then we can get a Supernatural crossover since that show is ending. Have Dean and Sam go after Michael and ultimately the demon who made Michael the way he is. But the twist is this: "Michael" is actually the archangel Michael. Michael Myers was actually a very devout Catholic who let Michael (archangel) take over his body so he can go on a crusade killing all the demons who jumped out of Hell (all of Michael Myers' victims were all actually demons). At first, Dean and Sam have a hard time believing all this but then Michael (archangel) recounts the season five finale, thereby winning over Dean and Sam.

Supernatural is then renewed for another season after the success of the next Halloween movie which is so successful, Supernatural is automatically renewed for another season with Dean and Sam teaming up with Michael. Castiel is deemed useless at this point so Misha Collins' contract is not renewed and Castiel is either written out or just excluded, never to be mentioned again. The big bad for the next season or two? Laurie Strode. She's the demon who killed Michael's family after learning Michael (archangel) is here. Thankfully, Michael (archangel) had already taken over Michael so Laurie could not hurt him. The battle of good and evil is coming to a head on Halloween 2023.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/21/2019, 7:51 pm

joey con carne wrote:I feel like this series is starting to go off the rails with all these sequels.

I just hope we don't find out Michael has some sort of immortality granted to him by a demon or some shit in return for his soul.

Then we can get a Supernatural crossover since that show is ending. Have Dean and Sam go after Michael and ultimately the demon who made Michael the way he is. But the twist is this: "Michael" is actually the archangel Michael. Michael Myers was actually a very devout Catholic who let Michael (archangel) take over his body so he can go on a crusade killing all the demons who jumped out of Hell (all of Michael Myers' victims were all actually demons). At first, Dean and Sam have a hard time believing all this but then Michael (archangel) recounts the season five finale, thereby winning over Dean and Sam.

Supernatural is then renewed for another season after the success of the next Halloween movie which is so successful, Supernatural is automatically renewed for another season with Dean and Sam teaming up with Michael. Castiel is deemed useless at this point so Misha Collins' contract is not renewed and Castiel is either written out or just excluded, never to be mentioned again. The big bad for the next season or two? Laurie Strode. She's the demon who killed Michael's family after learning Michael (archangel) is here. Thankfully, Michael (archangel) had already taken over Michael so Laurie could not hurt him. The battle of good and evil is coming to a head on Halloween 2023.

Oh Joey, I don't think you're very familiar with the Halloween franchise my friend because you're pretty much talking about 1995's The Curse of Michael Meyers aka Halloween 6 starring Paul Rudd. There was the super secret Cult of Thorn made up of druids that had been practicing for thousands of years that used dark magic to possess Michael's body as a child and many other children throughout time. It was like a Supernatural episode crossed over with Child's Play. 

I grabbed this summary from the Halloween Wikia because there was no way I was going to acculturate remember these nutso details.

The Cult of Thorn was a cult of druids whose activity spans over several millennia. The nature of cult is different, depending on which version seen of Halloween 6.

The Thorn cult places a curse on a child from their tribe, currently Michael Myers. The child is then possessed by Thorn who gives the child superhuman abilities, and controls them to kill every member of their family as a sacrifice to keep the cult alive. They planned to place the curse on Danny Strode after Michael made his final sacrifice. A rogue part of the cult had different intention, but they were murdered by Thorn possessing Michael.

The Cult aids Thorn as he kills the family members of his host. They also seem to care for him while he’s in his resting periods. The Man in Black leads the cult members and takes orders from Thorn. Dr. Wynn, the Man in Black during Michael’s possession, and several other cult members decided to try and harness the supernatural abilities that Thorn possesses.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 7/22/2019, 6:54 am

Wow, that sounds awful. I'm glad they ignored all of that.

It appears there will only be four actual canon films as the franchise is ignoring Halloween 2 through 6: Halloween (1978), Halloween (2018), Halloween Kills (2020), Halloween Ends (2021).

It is interesting to know Danny McBride is co-writing and was co-writer on the 2018 film.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/8/2020, 10:49 am

Blumhouse & Universal Move ‘Halloween Kills’, ‘Forever Purge’ & More To Later Release Dates
Universal is moving a group of Blumhouse titles deeper into the theatrical release calendar including Miramax-Trancas International co-productions Halloween Kills and its sequel Halloween Ends, and The Forever Purge. In addition, MGM-Bron Creative-Monkeypaw’s Candyman is moving three weeks later.

David Gordon Green’s Halloween Kills, which is in post, moves from Oct. 16 to Friday, Oct. 15, 2021 which is where Universal originally had Halloween Ends. That sequel now moves from that 2021 date to Oct. 14, 2022, which Uni had reserved for an untitled Blumhouse movie. Halloween architect John Carpenter and Gordon Green released a note on social today about the change, which you can read below.

Meanwhile, Candyman will take over Halloween Kills‘ former spot of Oct. 16, moving from Sept. 25. The other notable major studio title on Oct. 16 is Searchlight’s limited release of Wes Anderson’s The French Dispatch.

Forever Purge which was removed temporarily from the release calendar after originally being scheduled for July 10, is now going on July 9, 2021. Disney has an untitled event pic scheduled for that date.

With the reopening of the major circuits still in limbo with New York and Los Angeles remaining shuttered due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Universal is taking sharp precautions here: Rather than continually move movies around the calendar as exhibition’s reopening is continually delayed, they took their marquee titles and postponed them deep in the calendar; the hope being we’re OK by then. Furthermore, with feature productions not quite up and ready en masse yet, 2021 will be in great need of titles. The last Halloween repped the highest grossing title in the 42-year old franchise with $255.5M worldwide.
Halloween Kills ($131 Million Worldwide Box office)  Jc10

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/31/2020, 2:21 pm

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 10/31/2020, 5:48 pm

Never seen a Halloween movie. You guys said the latest one sucked and I skipped that one too. Michael is back again. I'm curious, after which movie did he turn invincible and unkillable? DIE MOTHERFUCKER!!! lol
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/1/2020, 12:47 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Never seen a Halloween movie. You guys said the latest one sucked and I skipped that one too. Michael is back again. I'm curious, after which movie did he turn invincible and unkillable? DIE MOTHERFUCKER!!! lol

Like with any horror franchise, there are good sequels and bad sequels but Halloween 2018 falls into both categories for me, there are many things I did and didn't like about it though it was still the best Halloween sequel in a very long time. I rewatched H18 a few weeks ago and found it played better for me on my second viewing. Considering there will be two more movies to continue Laurie's story, I'm still in.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/24/2021, 7:31 pm

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 6/24/2021, 9:29 pm

The public knows about him and they still can't kill him. He's supernatural for sure.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/25/2021, 7:36 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:The public knows about him and they still can't kill him. He's supernatural for sure.

Michael has always been supernatural. He's cheated death over and over going back to the first movie and as I mentioned earlier in the thread, at one point in the franchise he was revealed to be a magically possessed child victim controlled by an ancient cult. While the cult and magic have been removed from this modern day continuation of the Strode's story, it would seem that Michael is still an unkillable monster being stalked by angry townsfolk, either way I am really looking forward to finally seeing this.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/30/2021, 11:25 am

Jason Blum Pushed ‘Halloween Kills’ to Streaming After ‘Freaky’ Failed in Theaters: ‘I Stand By It’
Halloween Kills ($131 Million Worldwide Box office)  Screen18
Blumhouse boss and horror producer Jason Blum vowed last year that David Gordon Green’s “Halloween Kills” would be released in October 2021, “vaccine or no vaccine.” Fortunately, there is a vaccine and “Halloween Kills” is set to open October 15. Unfortunately, the potential box office gross for “Halloween Kills” might be affected by the decision to make the horror sequel available to stream on Peacock on the same day it opens in theaters. Universal announced the move to streaming for “Halloween Kills” on September 9.

In a new interview with Collider, Blum said that it was his decision to give “Halloween Kills” a hybrid release and not something that was mandated by studio Universal Pictures. Many industry figures were surprised by the decision, as Universal was at the forefront of changing the theatrical window during the pandemic. The studio struck deals with exhibition chains like AMC and Regal where films grossing $50 million or more on opening weekend receive a 31-day window, while films below that threshold get a 17-day window. Universal previously opted out of that strategy for “The Boss Baby: Family Business,” which arrived in theaters and streamed via Peacock on July 2.

“It was my idea to do it. [Peacock] didn’t approach me. I approached them,” Blum told Collider. “I, like everyone else, am a big believer in the theatrical experience. I think eventually I think there should be windows. I think Universal’s strategy of the three-week window is a great strategy, but I had a bad distribution experience with ‘Freaky.’ That movie is a great movie, and it didn’t get seen because the distribution of it got all twisted up. My fault.”

“Freaky,” directed by “Happy Death Day” helmer Christopher Landon and starring Vince Vaughn and Kathryn Newton, opened last October exclusively in theaters and flailed out at the box office. The body-swap horror movie did not even crack the $10 million mark at the box office. Universal took “Freaky” to VOD platforms in the film’s fourth weekend of release.

“I didn’t want to go through that experience again,” Blum said. “I didn’t want to have a movie that I’m really proud of that I think is great and have there be an excuse why people didn’t see it. So I’m the one who pitched Universal. And then I pitched Jamie [Lee Curtis] and David, and it was my idea. I stand behind it. I’m glad that we’re doing it.”

“Halloween Kills” will be followed by the third and final entry in the latest “Halloween” trilogy, “Halloween Ends.” But fans can rest assured that Blum has no intentions of taking “Halloween Ends” to streaming until well after an exclusive theatrical release.

“I don’t want it do it for the third movie. I want to go back to traditional windows, but COVID is incredibly unpredictable, and I didn’t want to risk it again,” Blum concluded. “I felt like I did that with ‘Freaky,’ and it left me with a bad taste in my mouth. So I don’t want to repeat that experience.”

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/4/2021, 3:18 pm

Halloween Kills ($131 Million Worldwide Box office)  Hak_do10

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/7/2021, 2:56 pm

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 10/7/2021, 6:34 pm

Yeah, my money is on him. "Warriors" Halloween Kills ($131 Million Worldwide Box office)  1f602
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/7/2021, 6:38 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Yeah, my money is on him. "Warriors" Halloween Kills ($131 Million Worldwide Box office)  1f602

Halloween Kills ($131 Million Worldwide Box office)  Hak_6110

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down