BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tron 3 (Evan Peters / Jared Leto)

5 posters

Go down

Tron 3 (Evan Peters / Jared Leto) Empty Tron 3 (Evan Peters / Jared Leto)

Post by WyldeMan 3/10/2015, 5:35 pm

Tron 3 (Evan Peters / Jared Leto) Tron_l10

Disney raised eyebrows earlier today when we learned the head-scratching news that Tim Burton is directing a live-action remake of Dumbo, and now they’re going with the one-two punch in surprising announcements. The local news source VanCity Buzz (via Badass Digest) reports that Tron 3 will be shooting in Vancouver this fall, giving us our first update on the project in years. Tron Legacy opened in 2010 to so-so reviews and so-so box office, leading Disney to drag its feet on continuing the franchise in a timely fashion. Most assumed that a third Tron movie was dead for now, but if VanCity Buzz’s report is indeed true, then Disney is taking some of that Marvel money (and upcoming Star Wars money) and investing in this franchise once again.

It’s important to note that VanCity Buzz isn’t some rumor site—it’s a legitimate news source. And beyond that, Badass Digest cites its own sources saying Tron 3 is definitely shooting this fall in Vancouver, with Legacy director Joseph Kosinski returning to direct. The VanCity report also notes that Garrett Hedlund is attached to come back and star (he’s no doubt contractually obligated), so it really looks like this is it folks: Tron 3 is happening.

Our last solid update on the project came in 2013, when Kosinski told us he was confident Tron 3 would see the light of day, adding that the current script had “a much broader appeal.” Whether this iteration of the sequel is still using that script is unknown at this time, but Tron fans are no doubt happy to hear the franchise may still have some life in it.

Last edited by WyldeMan on 6/29/2023, 7:50 am; edited 7 times in total
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Tron 3 (Evan Peters / Jared Leto) Empty Re: Tron 3 (Evan Peters / Jared Leto)

Post by WyldeMan 3/10/2015, 5:38 pm

I'm probably the only one here happy by this but as a Tron franchise fan and a bigger Hedlund fan, this is bad ass news. I'd love for Olivia to return too.

Tron 3 (Evan Peters / Jared Leto) Tron-l10
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 3/10/2015, 6:33 pm

I had no idea they were interested in making another one. I liked Tron 2 so I think this is great. I do hope Olivia returns too. She's so hot in this.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 3/11/2015, 12:27 am

I liked Tron 2, saw it in IMAX 3D...twice. That pic of Olivia has been my background on a few occasions.

Bring on T3
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 3/11/2015, 12:33 am

Never seen the original. Suspect
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by detective392 3/11/2015, 8:33 am

Been waiting for a 3rd Tron movie. Didn't think we'd actually see it anytime soon.
detective392
detective392

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/11/2015, 11:26 am

Rusty Cunt wrote:Never seen the original. Suspect

While the FX leap between the first and second is a bit hard to digest at first because of the quantum leap in effects over that 30 year period, I still feel like Tron holds up well and that Legacy was a fitting sequel. I actually watched them both again just a few weeks back and found myself thinking the third film would take another 30 years.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/30/2015, 11:31 am

We've got a title and it's kind of awesome. Also confirmation on filming, hopefully Hedlund and Wilde's return announcements aren't far off.

Tron 3 (Evan Peters / Jared Leto) Untitl10
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 3/30/2015, 12:36 pm

I like it! Hedlund and Wilde have to return. After Quorra made it through the real world, the virtual world will probably start to ascend into ours. Is Hedlund confirmed to return?
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/30/2015, 1:09 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Is Hedlund confirmed to return?

I believe he's still under obligation from his original contract.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/7/2015, 4:49 pm

Olivia Wilde Reteams With Garrett Hedlund for 'Ascension'
Tron 3 (Evan Peters / Jared Leto) Olivia10
Olivia Wilde and Garrett Hedlund are set to return for Disney’s Tron 3.

The pair will reprise their characters from 2010’s Tron: Legacy in the sequel, which is being directed by Joseph Kosinski.

Legacy was the sequel to the 1982 sci-fi film that took place inside a computer world known as the Grid and starred Jeff Bridges and Bruce Boxleitner. While not a hit at the time, it later drew a big cult following and became an influence on filmmakers and pop culture.

Decades later, Disney revisited the world with Legacy. The story revealed that the computer-programmer character played by Bridges had a son (Hedlund) who jumped into the Grid to find his father. Wilde was Quorra, an algorithm-made-flesh who also happened to kick butt.

Disney has been developing a sequel to Legacy since the movie grossed $400 million worldwide. Hedlund in 2012 said he would return to the visual-effects-heavy franchise, but that was when the project was circling a 2014 start.

The project is now looking to shoot this fall, likely in Vancouver, British Columbia. Plot details are being kept offline.

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/18/2015, 4:55 pm

Olivia Wilde Says Story Follows Quorra in the Real World; Confirms Filming Plans
While talking to Wilde for the world premiere of Meadowland at the Tribeca Film Festival, she confirmed that she’s also heard that the movie will begin shooting in Vancouver in October:

“You know, I’ve heard the same. I think there’s a lot of people really excited to make it happen within Disney and in the world, and we’ve been dreaming of making it since we finished Legacy so I would be thrilled.”
Even though it’s taken the Tron team nearly five years to get another movie going, Wilde stressed that they’ve been interested in making another film ever since finishing up Legacy. The only problem has been finding the right story:
“The delay has only ever been story, finding the right story. It hasn’t been anything else. There’s never been a time where we wanted to go and then schedules got in the way. It’s only been like, ‘That’s not the right story.’ So, in the past year, the right story kind of came together and we felt, ‘Oh, this actually – this might be the right one to tell.’ And, you know, there’s still a lot to be done before it could actually happen, but the fact that there’s a goal of this year to start is really exciting.”
So clearly they’ve got a promising story idea, but does that mean they’ve got a script, too? Here’s what Wilde said when asked if she’s read one:
“I have, I have.”
At the end of Legacy, Sam and Quorra leave the grid and wind up in the real world, so when asked what she’s looking forward to most in the film to come, it’s no surprise that Wilde noted that she’s especially thrilled to bring her character into new territory:
“I love this character of Quorra so much and I’ve built her with Joe Kosinski and we took her such a long way from what was written to what we made. I mean, I fought for her to be this kind of androgynous child and that’s so not what you typically see in these movies, so I’m so grateful that the producers let me play with her and make her this strange little being. And I’m really excited to see what happens to that character when put into the real world. I think it’s an interesting concept. I’m fascinated by all discussions of AI, and especially now today and now with virtual reality becoming something that’s like a personal device, I think it’s the time to tell this story.”
Again, Disney has yet to confirm that the film is actually happening, but Wilde certainly makes it seem like the studio and everyone involved is eager to get going. Hopefully we’ll get an official announcement and perhaps a release date in the near future.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 4/18/2015, 5:16 pm

Cool! Quorra will probably be awkward in the real world.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/29/2015, 7:49 pm

Game Over For ‘Tron 3′
The digital gladiatorial games will no longer take up space on anyone’s hard drive, as sources have confirmed that Disney has cancelled Tron 3. Though the film had apparently never been officially greenlit, we’ve heard that it has been in development for several months. In fact, as recently as early April, reports had it that stars Olivia Wilde and Garrett Hedlund were set to reprise their Tron: Legacy roles, with director Joseph Kosinski on board to direct.

While the reasons for the project’s cancellation haven’t been disclosed, the relatively soft landing Tron: Legacy enjoyed in 2010, and the tepid enthusiasm for the Tron series since then, likely contributed. Tron: Legacy brought in somewhat healthy revenues, making Kosinski among the highest-grossing first time directors ever, but the film just wasn’t that profitable for Disney. Global earnings were just shy of $400 million, but Tron:Legacy had a roughly $180 million budget, (and likely a similar amount was spent on marketing). Not the return Disney had hoped for on its attempt to relaunch the franchise after 28 years.

Further, in the years since Tron: Legacy hit theaters, Disney added Lucasfilm and the guaranteed cash cow of future Star Wars films to its empire, lessening the appeal of funding more Tron.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/29/2015, 7:49 pm

Fuck you.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 5/30/2015, 8:53 pm

Awwww, I thought it was like right about to happen, WTF
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/3/2017, 10:04 pm

Jared Leto Circling 'Tron' Reboot at Disney
Tron 3 (Evan Peters / Jared Leto) Jared-10
After cancelling a third installment in the sci-fi franchise in 2015, Disney is exploring the idea of a movie that would act as a Leto vehicle.

Disney is planning to get back on the grid.

The studio is in the very early stages of development for a new Tron movie, with Oscar-winning actor Jared Leto circling to star, sources tell The Hollywood Reporter.

No writer has been hired at this exploratory stage, and no filmmaker is involved. Justin Springer, who co-produced Tron: Legacy and exec produced the Tom Cruise sci-fi movie Oblivion, will produce. Leto and and his producing partner Emma Ludbrook would also be involved in some producing capacity if the project moves forward.

Tron was the 1982 Disney movie set in the fantastic world inside a computer program, a cyberspace called the Grid. Starring Jeff Bridges and Bruce Boxleitner, the film wasn’t a hit at the time but was influential with its envelope-pushing special effects and drew a cult following in the years after due to its imaginative story.

In 2010, Disney revisited the world with Tron: Legacy, which starred Garrett Hedlund and Olivia Wilde and brought back Bridges. Joseph Kosinski directed. The expensive movie made $400 million worldwide, good enough to warrant interesting in a sequel.

But it’s been a series of shutdowns and restarts for a sequel and just as it seemed it was heading towards pre-production, the studio pulled the plug for good in 2015.

But computer programs never die, it seems, they just get upgrades.

Sources say this new project is not a direct sequel and is being built out of the source code of the deleted Tron 3 script. Leto would play a character named Ares, who has not appeared on screen before but was a key player in that script.

At this stage it's too early to tell if Kosinski or actors from Tron: Legacy will return.

Leto last portrayed the DC Comics villain The Joker in 2016’s Suicide Squad. He will next appear with Ryan Gosling and Harrison Ford in Denis Villeneuve’s Blade Runner 2049, and is attached to direct Paramount's crime thriller 77.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 3/4/2017, 7:45 am

They have to bring the actors from Tron Legacy. I liked Olivia as Quorra.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 3/4/2017, 9:55 am

Fuck that.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Tron 3 (Evan Peters / Jared Leto) Empty Tron 3 (Jared Leto Returning)

Post by WyldeMan 8/10/2020, 2:06 pm

New ‘Tron’ Movie Lands ‘Lion’ Helmer Garth Davis as Director
Tron 3 (Evan Peters / Jared Leto) Garth-10
Disney’s plans for a third “Tron” movie just got big software update.

Garth Davis, who made his feature directing debut with 2016’s biographical drama “Lion,” has signed on to direct a new “Tron” movie for the studio, Variety has confirmed. The new film, however, will not be a direct sequel to 2010’s “Tron: Legacy” and 1982’s “Tron,” but chart its own path as a new installment in the franchise.

Jared Leto, who signed onto the project in 2017, is attached to star, as well as produce with Justin Springer and Emma Ludbrook. Jesse Wigutow wrote the latest version of the script, which remains in development at Disney; the project does not have a greenlight.

The original “Tron” was a box office disappointment when it opened in the summer of 1982, but its groundbreaking use of computer graphic imagery — to capture the story of a programmer (Jeff Bridges) who gets zapped inside a CPU mainframe — helped earn the film a cult following. In the 2000s, hungry for a new, lucrative franchise, Disney circled back to the property and began developing a sequel with Joseph Kosinski, then an unknown commercial director whose background in architecture design made him a strong fit for the purely virtual aesthetic baked into the “Tron” franchise.

With Kosinski, Disney took a cautious approach, having him first shoot a test reel with Bridges that was screened unannounced at the 2008 San Diego Comic-Con; the wild reception to the footage helped land the movie a greenlight. The final film — starring Bridges in a dual role, Garrett Hedlund, Olivia Wilde, and Michael Sheen — opened to mixed reviews and decent box office (with a $400 million global ticket sales). The movie has itself earned a cult following, in no small part due to the score by the iconic techno-pop duo Daft Punk, and Disney began developing a sequel with Hedlund and Wilde. But the studio ultimately pulled the plug in 2015.

Two years later, Leto signed on to star in a new “Tron” movie, but until Monday, there hadn’t been much forward momentum for the franchise. Davis has more directing experience under his belt than Kosinski did when he landed “Tron: Legacy”; after “Lion,” which won him the DGA award for best first-time director, Davis made the 2018 biblical epic “Mary Magdalene” with Rooney Mara and Joaquin Phoenix. The new “Tron” installment would be his first major studio tentpole, and his first project driven by visual effects.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 8/10/2020, 10:21 pm

Lion was pretty good. I was curious to see what happened next after Legacy ended but this being it's own thing, I'm not sure what it's going to look like. Guess that means Hedlund is out too.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/11/2020, 7:40 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:Lion was pretty good. I was curious to see what happened next after Legacy ended but this being it's own thing, I'm not sure what it's going to look like. Guess that means Hedlund is out too.

Choosing Leto over Hedlund is a major letdown and let's not forget Olivia Wilde or her spandex suit won't be returning either! Evil or Very Mad

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 8/11/2020, 6:15 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Choosing Leto over Hedlund is a major letdown and let's not forget Olivia Wilde or her spandex suit won't be returning either! Evil or Very Mad

Cora was so hot in this role. She could come back, you never know.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 8/11/2020, 6:17 pm

Jared Leto and it’s not a sequel to Legacy, I’m out.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/11/2020, 7:00 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:Choosing Leto over Hedlund is a major letdown and let's not forget Olivia Wilde or her spandex suit won't be returning either! Evil or Very Mad

Cora was so hot in this role. She could come back, you never know.

I haven't seen Olivia in a few years, I miss her...

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 12/3/2020, 1:58 pm

I just noticed there is a second thread for Tron 3.

Deepfake does it better. Check this out:

UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/19/2023, 12:42 pm

‘Tron 3’ Moving Forward With Jared Leto
Tron 3 (Evan Peters / Jared Leto) Gettyi41
After years of stops and stars, Tron 3 is moving forward at Disney. Jared Leto, who has championed the project since 2017, will star in the feature with frequent Disney collaborator Joachim Ronning in talks to direct. The film, titled Tron: Ares, has a script from Jesse Wigutow and will follow 2010’s Tron: Legacy.

Disney released the original Tron in 1982, with Jeff Bridges starring as video game designer Kevin Flynn, who was transported inside his own creation and teamed up with Tron, a security program played by Bruce Boxleitner. The film was not considered a box office success, earning $33 million (around $100 million today), but it was admired for its groundbreaking visual effects and remained in the public consciousness for years to come, eventually spawning the sequel, Tron: Legacy.

That second film, from Joseph Kosinski, starred Bridges, Garrett Hedlund and Olivia Wilde, and earned $400 million, not enough to get a planned sequel with Kosinski and his stars off the ground. After years of development, Disney officially scrapped a Kosinski sequel in 2015, and since then there have been various attempts to crack Tron 3. Most recently, Lion filmmaker Garth Davis boarded in 2020, but that iteration did not move forward.

Ronning directed Maleficent: Mistress of Evil and co-directed Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales with his Kon-Tiki co-director Espen Sandberg. He has completed filming on the Daisy Ridley feature Young Woman and the Sea. Ronning is repped by UTA, Brillstein Entertainment Partners and Sloane, Offer.

Leto starred in the Spider-Man spinoff Morbius for Sony last year and on Apple TV+’s WeCrashed. The Oscar winner has Disney’s Haunted Mansion and Darren Aronofsky’s Adrift coming up. Leto is repped by WME and Yorn, Levine.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/19/2023, 12:45 pm

Leto has never been a less bankable star than he is right now.

I can't believe that another Tron is finally happening but they're really handing it over to Leto.

I can't even begin to imagine what his Tron "method acting" is going to be like for his co-stars but I know it's going to be some funny shit to hear about afterwards.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/29/2023, 7:49 am

‘Dahmer’ Star Evan Peters Joins Jared Leto in Disney’s ‘Tron 3’
Tron 3 (Evan Peters / Jared Leto) Evan-p10
Welcome to the Grid, Evan Peters.

The actor, who generated acclaim for his portrayal of the title character in Dahmer – Monster: The Jeffrey Dahmer Story, has closed a deal to star opposite Jared Leto in Tron: Ares, the third installment of Disney’s technology-pushing movie series.

Joachim Ronning is directing the feature that is due to begin shooting August in Vancouver. Getting filming off the ground would be a coup for the studio, which has been trying to make a Tron 3 for over a decade and turn Tron into a bona fide brand and franchise.

Disney released the original Tron in 1982, with Jeff Bridges starring as video game designer Kevin Flynn, who is transported inside his own creation and teams up with Tron, a security program played by Bruce Boxleitner. The film was not considered a box office success but did earn two Oscar nominations. Ironically, neither was for visual effects, which is one of the aspects the movie became known for as it went on to become a cult hit.

The studio finally made a sequel in 2010, Tron: Legacy, which was directed by future Top Gun: Maverick filmmaker Joseph Kosinski. That one starred Garrett Hedlund and Olivia Wilde and brought back Bridges. That movie, too, didn’t exactly light up the box office like the studio hoped, although it once again pushed visual effects as well as de-aging technology.

A sequel to Legacy had been in the works on and off, with the Legacy characters earmarked to return. Eventually, that was scrapped and a new direction was set.

While the two previous movies were largely set inside the world of computers and programs, the script for Ares, written by Jesse Wigutow and Jack Thorne, is said to focus on the emergence of a sentient program that crosses over into the human world that is not ready for contact.

Leto, who has been attached to the project for several years, is to play Ares, the manifestation of the program.

It is unclear who Peters would play although the script calls for a soldier in the computer world and an awkward gamer in the human world.

Emma Ludbrook, Jeffrey Springer and Leto are producing. Russell Allen is executive producing.

Peters came to many moviegoers’ attention thanks to a memorable part in Bryan Singer’s well-regarded X-Men: Days of Future Past where he played Peter Maximoff, aka the speedy hero known as Quicksilver, whom he reprised in the not-so-well-regarded X-Men: Apocalypse and X-Men: Dark Phoenix.

It’s in his TV work that he has shown his chops, however, whether it’s being part of the Ryan Murphy repertory in multiple seasons of horror anthology American Horror Story or appearing in HBO’s Mare of Easttown, the latter winning him an Emmy in the outstanding supporting actor in a limited or anthology series or movie category.

He earned high marks for his portrayal of serial killer and cannibal Jeffrey Dahmer in the Murphy-produced true crime series and is expected to be a major player in the Emmy race now underway. Monster became Netflix’s second-most-watched series of all time when it was released last fall, and Peters won a Golden Globe for best actor in a miniseries or television film.

Peters is repped by CAA and Johnson Shapiro.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 6/29/2023, 6:50 pm

Nice casting! Always been a fan of Evan so this is great news.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/30/2023, 6:37 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:Nice casting! Always been a fan of Evan so this is great news.

So Evan Peters as the gamer, Jodie Turner Smith as the soldier/female lead and Jared Leto as the bad guy? I'd prefer if they dropped Leto and cast Smith's husband Joshua Jackson.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down