BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wonder Woman (June 2nd, 2017)

+3
UltimateMarvel
Tyger
WyldeMan
7 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Wonder Woman (June 2nd, 2017) - Page 3 Empty Re: Wonder Woman (June 2nd, 2017)

Post by joey con carne 5/31/2017, 2:38 pm

Banned in Lebanon. Shit just got real for Gal Gadot. Life is so hard for her. Poor gal (!!!).
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 5/31/2017, 4:25 pm

What a bunch of DICKS!

So happy for this movie, getting raving positive reviews everywhere. This will be the first good DCEU movie and I can't wait to see it. You heathens were wrong about this movie!!!!
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/31/2017, 8:27 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:What a bunch of DICKS!

So happy for this movie, getting raving positive reviews everywhere. This will be the first good DCEU movie and I can't wait to see it. You heathens were wrong about this movie!!!!

The critics seem to think the problem with comic movies to this point is a lack of women, it's about time they caught on to what the rest of us have been sayin, enough sausage!

However, I still have no plans to seeing this any time soon.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/3/2017, 9:29 am

‘Wonder Woman’ Breaks Glass Ceiling For Female Directors With $97M+ Debut; Earns ‘A’ CinemaScore
After weathering lackluster critical scores and OK fan response with last year’s Batman V. Superman: Dawn Of Justice and Suicide Squad, all is well and correct in the Warner Bros/DC universe as Wonder Woman is both a hit with critics (94% Certified Fresh Rotten Tomatoes) and audiences, earning an A CinemaScore on top of her current $97.1 million opening.

Out of all the titles in the WB/DC canon, Wonder Woman owns one of five rare A grades along with Batman, Batman Begins, The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises. Today will determine whether Wonder Woman propels past $100M, and a few believe it’s not out of the question.

Four weeks ago, Wonder Woman arrived on tracking at $65M and just grew from there — to $75M three weeks out, and $90M a few days before its opening. Not only is that evidence of Warner Bros’ marketing machine working effectively, but it’s also an example of what happens when Rotten Tomatoes works in a tentpole’s favor, especially as there’s a groundswell of great reviews days before a film opens.

Compare this to last weekend, when two movies — Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales and Baywatch, which originally arrived on tracking a month out with great prospects — saw their B.O. projections dashed days before opening no thanks to the aggregator site’s sour scores. Even though both titles earned decent CinemaScores of A- and B+, respectively, moviegoers relied instead on Rotten Tomatoes in determining whether to watch those movies or not.

But now Wonder Woman can look forward to super-powerful long legs for the rest of summer thanks to the Rotten Tomato rating and excellent audience reaction; Screen Engine/ComScore is now reporting a 74% definite recommend for the Gal Gadot-starring movie.

The pent-up demand for Wonder Woman is reminiscent of how moviegoers were longing for the first Batman movie 28 years ago. Look around and you’ll see women and young girls wearing Wonder Woman T-shirts and leather jackets, licensed product that’s part of a $6.5 billion merchandising revenue stream for Warner Bros. In fact, during the month leading up to Wonder Woman‘s opening, eBay sales for her merchandise more than doubled when compared to April. In fact, Warner Bros Consumer Products has grouped their DC femmes Wonder Woman, Harley Quinn, Supergirl and Poison Ivy as a means to rival Disney’s Princess doll line which generates $4B annually.

Now, whenever a studio is marketing a tentpole, the last thing they need is controversy that distracts from their campaign, seeps into a film’s reviews and sends its box office down the drain, i.e., Ghost In The Shell offending the Asian American community with its whitewash casting of Scarlett Johansson. In fact, Wonder Woman last month endured a small controversy of its own when the studio partnered with ThinkThin protein bars. The announcement created immediate ire among female-driven media: They felt the cross-promotion ran counter to Wonder Women’s symbol of female empowerment, but it reminded women of the harsh criticism that Gadot endured over her body following her attachment to the project. But it was ThinkThin’s product slogans that jived with Wonder Woman‘s sensibilities, i.e. a strong body makes a strong mind; a scale can’t measure your strength, courage, kindness or intelligence.

However, the good will emanating from Wonder Woman was so loud, it’s made that marketing snafu ancient history. Nothing could stand in the way of this film’s momentum.

Bigger progress is being made this weekend by the Patty Jenkins-directed film, especially in a Hollywood that counts only 4% female directors across 1,000 top movies (for the period of 2007-2016, per a USC study): Wonder Woman shattered the domestic box office opening record for a movie directed by a woman, beating previous champ Fifty Shades Of Grey by Sam Taylor-Johnson ($85.1M). Wonder Woman is the second benchmark for female helmers in less than a week following Sofia Coppola’s best director win at the Cannes Film Festival for her movie The Beguiled; it marked just the second time in the event’s 70-year history a woman has won that prize. The hope from these events is that the major studios embrace female directors for big-budget projects in greater numbers. Marvel and Disney are respectively carrying the torch, with Anna Boden as co-director on the Brie Larson-starring Captain Marvel and Ava DuVernay on A Wrinkle In Time.

CinemaScore showed more women turning out — 52%-48%, with 14% under 18 (A) and 14% between the ages of 18-24 (A+), as well as 53% under age 35. However, for the most part, the movie means more to older millennials and Gen X, with 71% over the age of 25 (A). Fifty-nine percent came out because it was a Wonder Woman movie, while Gadot was responsible for 32% of all ticket buyers. PostTrak continues to show older females over 25 leading the charge to Wonder Woman (37%), followed by guys over 25 (34%), females under 25 (17%), and men under 25 (12%).

Thanks to Wonder Woman, Warner Bros’ 2017 domestic box office tally by Sunday will near $640M, up 22% over the Jan. 1- June 4 period last year.

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 6/3/2017, 2:27 pm

Way to go Patty and Gal. This is great news, hope she does the sequel too.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 6/3/2017, 5:06 pm

Good to see it's getting positive reviews - and apparently all for the right reasons. I'll still wait for the Blu-Ray to be on sale.

Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/4/2017, 2:32 pm

‘Wonder Woman’ Lassos $122.5M Offshore, $223M Global In Debut
In her maiden outing, Warner Bros’ Wonder Woman dominated the international box office with $122.5M on 34,300 screens in 55 markets this weekend — and that’s without such major hubs as France, Germany and others. In overall terms overseas, the start outperformed such key (and male-led) superhero comps as Thor 1 & 2, Iron Man 1 & 2, Guardians Of The Galaxy 1 & 2, Doctor Strange, Captain America 1 & 2, Man Of Steel and Ant-Man. The global cume on the Patty Jenkins-helmed DC pic is $223M.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 6/7/2017, 10:13 am

Watched it last night and it was the best DCEU movie so far. Gal did a fantastic job and this is her best role yet. Diana was so innocent in this movie and very different to how we saw her in BvS and in the present time compared to her past. Chris Pine was also excellent and definitely heroic in his own way in this movie. The villain was great and I'm glad they choose Ares for this movie. If you're going to watch a DC movie guys, this would be it. It was also colorful and different to how Zack Snyder usually does it, I really appreciated that.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by kernel_thai 6/7/2017, 12:09 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Watched it last night and it was the best DCEU movie so far. Gal did a fantastic job and this is her best role yet. Diana was so innocent in this movie and very different to how we saw her in BvS and in the present time compared to her past. Chris Pine was also excellent and definitely heroic in his own way in this movie. The villain was great and I'm glad they choose Ares for this movie. If you're going to watch a DC movie guys, this would be it. It was also colorful and different to how Zack Snyder usually does it, I really appreciated that.

So what did we learn.
1. Start with a good script. So many of these films r dead at birth cause they have shit to work with
2. Get a director who gets the main characters.
3. Leave the fucking director alone... no drop ins for other DC movies.
4. Cast a believable actress. Gadot isn't Meryl Streep but Streep would be coughing up blood 2 minutes into the first action scene. Gadget really sells the character and it doesn't matter that she'll never play Lady MacBeth
5. Cast a leading man who covers Gadot's ass. Pine does a great job balancing the dialog so Gadot rarely gets caught with long, awkward speeches.
6. Get the lighter moments right. The comedy isn't either in ur face or awkwardly delivered (Im looking at u BvS)
kernel_thai
kernel_thai

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 7/5/2017, 1:02 am

Saw it earlier, pretty good. I didn't love it, but definitely liked it.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 7/5/2017, 12:01 pm

It's made a LOT of money for WB. It stayed top 3 in the box office for a while. I think it's at $300 million right now, worldwide $700 million. Catching up to BvS and it may actually surpass it.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 7/5/2017, 12:14 pm

I love the way DC is tying their movies together...which I just realized has, so far, been by Batman. The Metropolis scene that opens BvS is one of the best in the movie, Batman is easily the best/only good part of Suicide Squad, and opening/closing Wonder Woman with the callback to the picture seen in BvS was great.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 7/5/2017, 9:08 pm

I think I'm the only one left here who has not yet seen this. Good to know it's getting good feedback from you guys.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 7/5/2017, 11:25 pm

joey con carne wrote:I think I'm the only one left here who has not yet seen this. Good to know it's getting good feedback from you guys.

I haven't. I'll wait for Netflix.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/6/2017, 7:52 am

Rusty Cunt wrote:
joey con carne wrote:I think I'm the only one left here who has not yet seen this.

I haven't. I'll wait for Netflix.

I makes three.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 7/6/2017, 1:42 pm

If you watched BvS in theaters or Suicide Squad then you have to go see this. You guys are missing out.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/6/2017, 2:04 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:If you watched BvS in theaters or Suicide Squad then you have to go see this. You guys are missing out.

Saw neither of those in theaters, I waited for DL and haven't seen either a second time. I feel like Warner Bros and The CW destroyed the 25 years I spent being a fan of DC and wishing for my favorite characters to have their own movies and shows.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 10/2/2017, 5:49 am

I finally had a chance to watch this over the weekend. Verizon gave me a freebie rental OnDemand.

This one was good. Some of the CGI was pretty awful but the story-telling and visuals were pretty nice. This is how a DC film should be made. Fuck Zack Snyder. He ruined Batman vs Superman.

Gal Gadot's legs are ridiculous.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 10/17/2017, 4:24 am

So I decided to rent this on iTunes.

I'm not yet half way through, but am calling it quits for the evening, and will pick it back up tomorrow.

Not much to say yet other than A) the CGI early on and and during the first battle scene was fuckin atrocious;

B) Not sure where the story goes, but I'm wholly unimpressed. I get why people said it was the best movie of the DCEU, and the reason for that is, it's a fucking Marvel movie. Looks, feels, sounds like a Marvel movie. Basic as fuck. If Marvel was asked to make a by the numbers Wonder Woman movie, this is exactly how it would be. Beat for beat and shot for shot. With the sole exception that Marvel may have got the action/CGI shit dialed in a little better.

Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/17/2017, 6:39 am

Rusty wrote:So I decided to rent this on iTunes.

I'm not yet half way through, but am calling it quits for the evening, and will pick it back up tomorrow.

Not much to say yet other than A) the CGI early on and and during the first battle scene was fuckin atrocious;

B) Not sure where the story goes, but I'm wholly unimpressed. I get why people said it was the best movie of the DCEU, and the reason for that is, it's a fucking Marvel movie. Looks, feels, sounds like a Marvel movie. Basic as fuck. If Marvel was asked to make a by the numbers Wonder Woman movie, this is exactly how it would be. Beat for beat and shot for shot. With the sole exception that Marvel may have got the action/CGI shit dialed in a little better.

Leave it up to DC to screw up a movie about an island paradise full of nothing but gorgeous lesbian amazon warriors.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 10/17/2017, 9:36 am

I liked the movie. I guess I was comparing this to Batmang v Supermang and Man of Steel.

I was a little skeptical about Gal Gadot even after seeing Batmang v Supermang but after watching Wonder Woman, she's aiight.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 10/17/2017, 3:44 pm

Yeah, it's a good movie. CGI was not perfect but the story was well done, was similar to the 2009 Wonder Woman animated movie. Gal did an amazing job and although she may not be the best actress in the world, for WW she was perfect. Her accent really works for the character and her innocence is felt as well. Much better film than BvS for sure.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 10/17/2017, 6:06 pm

Finished it.

I was hoping this was going to actually be good. Turns out DC just borrowed Marvel's cookie-cutter machine from 2011

Gal was good enough. Pine was good. They had great chemistry. That was it.

Uninteresting story. Uninteresting characters/villains. Over-reliance on style (usual useless slo-mo shit).

Another super-hero movie I will never need to watch again.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 10/17/2017, 6:59 pm

Rusty wrote:Finished it.

I was hoping this was going to actually be good. Turns out DC just borrowed Marvel's cookie-cutter machine from 2011

Gal was good enough. Pine was good. They had great chemistry. That was it.

Uninteresting story. Uninteresting characters/villains. Over-reliance on style (usual useless slo-mo shit).

Another super-hero movie I will never need to watch again.

Yep, it's Pine and Gal at the end of the day. I know you don't like a lot of CGI stuff but this is Wonder Woman and I think the director did a fantastic job to change things for the DCEU.

LOL! Can't believe you paused it halfway. I dare you to watch Justice League when it comes out. Razz
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 10/17/2017, 7:37 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:
Yep, it's Pine and Gal at the end of the day. I know you don't like a lot of CGI stuff but this is Wonder Woman and I think the director did a fantastic job to change things for the DCEU.

LOL! Can't believe you paused it halfway. I dare you to watch Justice League when it comes out. Razz

I had to pause it halfway. It was late, the movie was boring as fuck, and sleep felt like a much better use of the remaining running time.

Justice Leagues looks like the most terrible movie to ever be made. I think I'll pass.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3