BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kevin Smith Movies (CLERKS III @ SDCC)

+2
UltimateMarvel
GrooThePerverted
6 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Kevin Smith Movies (CLERKS III @ SDCC) - Page 3 Empty Re: Kevin Smith Movies (CLERKS III @ SDCC)

Post by WyldeMan 6/16/2022, 3:42 pm

Kevin Smith Is Writing a New Movie
Kevin Smith Movies (CLERKS III @ SDCC) - Page 3 Kevin-15
Kevin Smith is known for writing and directing many movies, including Clerks and Clerks II, which will soon be getting a threequel. Clerks III has been in the works for a while now, and he teased last month that a trailer will be coming soon. This week, Smith released a new episode of his podcast, FatMan Beyond with Marc Bernardin, and talked about the latest episode of Obi-Wan Kenobi as well as wanting to cameo in an episode of Ms. Marvel. Smith also revealed during the chat that he just started writing a new movie. "I just finished this script on another thing I'm working on, and now I'm diving into a new movie script. This morning I got up and was like, 'I think I'm gonna start writing a new movie,'" the director shared. Smith went on to compare the writing process to having romantic affairs.

"When I start a new script, I'm like, 'Oh my god, what are the possibilities here?' Like, 'What's gonna happen?' Never mind the ones you get paid to write, you know what's gonna happen there, because generally there's an outline, but the thing that you write for you, man." He added, "Every day is a goddamn adventure, it's electric, where you're discovering this thing, the story, and finding nuances, and falling in love with it hardcore. And it's this weird romance that you know will come to an end. Like it's intense, it burns f*cking hot as hell, but then at the end of it all, you will be done with the screenwriting and it will become something else, if you're lucky. So I'm in that period." Smith added, "Every once in a while I remember how wonderful it is to be a writer."

Smith didn't expand on his new idea, but we're certainly intrigued. As fans wait for the first trailer for Clerks III, there's also a lot of curiosity surrounding Smith's long-awaited Mallrats sequel. Smith has previously said he's written a Twilight of the Mallrats script and wants everyone to come back, but there hasn't been any news in a while. ComicBook.com spoke with Smith back in 2020, and he revealed that Ben Affleck wants more than a cameo.

"[Ben Affleck] cameo-ed in Reboot, far more than a cameo, but we were texting, and I was just like ... He had mentioned Mallrats because he mentioned his oldest daughter makes fun of him for Mallrats because of how he's dressed in the movie... She's like, 'Where'd you get those clothes?' He's like, 'I don't know.' So I was like, 'Well, you'll be able to tell her that you're in the next Mallrats if you want to come out and cameo.' And he was like, 'She likes it too much. Better be more than one scene cameo, dude. Put me in a lot.' I said, 'All right, done and done.'"

Stay tuned for more updates on Smith's mysterious new script. In the meantime, Clerks III is set to star Brian O'Halloran, Jeff Anderson, Rosario Dawson, Trevor Fehrman, Marilyn Ghigliotti, Jason Mewes as Jay, and Smith as Silent Bob.

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Kevin Smith Movies (CLERKS III @ SDCC) - Page 3 Empty Re: Kevin Smith Movies (CLERKS III @ SDCC)

Post by Tyger 6/16/2022, 5:30 pm

We'll see what comes of it. If I sat through all of Tusk and Yoga Hosers, I’ll watch whatever this turns out to be, if anything.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/29/2022, 7:58 am

Kevin just posted this huge Clerks III update on his Twitter:

ONE WEEK FROM TODAY! The CLERKS III trailer drops Next Wednesday! Get your first look at the return of Dante, Randal, Elias, Becky, Jay and Bob, and score your tickets for the first 19 cities we’ll be touring in September (with the second wave of dates announced at @Comic_Con)!

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 6/29/2022, 7:16 pm

Nice. Been waiting for this.

Still haven't watched the Jay & Silent Bob Reboot yet. Should get onto that.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 6/29/2022, 7:30 pm

Ehhhh temper expectations. It has some good stuff but is mostly not good. I love Affleck’s cameo though, it wouldn’t really be worthwhile without it.
Tyger
Tyger

Rusty likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/29/2022, 8:34 pm

Rusty wrote:Nice. Been waiting for this.

Still haven't watched the Jay & Silent Bob Reboot yet. Should get onto that.

I wonder if Clerks III will even get a theatrical release, Kevin's above tweet makes it sound like he's doing a very limited theater run in September taking it to a few college towns like he did with Red State. This probably means it'll hit streaming by Halloween. Cool

I wouldn't rush to watch the reboot. I watched it once when it came out and three years later I still haven't felt like giving it another go even though it's readily available to me on streaming.

Tyger wrote:Ehhhh temper expectations. It has some good stuff but is mostly not good. I love Affleck’s cameo though, it wouldn’t really be worthwhile without it.

It's been a very long time since Kevin made a movie that I enjoyed. I think Clerks 2 was his last movie that I was able to watch multiple times even with that one, it still fell the fuck apart and never recovered when they got to Kinky Kelly. I worry, Kevin's got more of that bullshit coming.

We're also getting Clerks III from a super emotional, just happy to be alive, every day is a gift Kevin Smith, which means we really have no idea what we're getting until we see the first trailer.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/30/2022, 6:07 pm

@TheKevinSmith The good folks in the @Lionsgate marketing department made a ton of awesome artwork to promote my third @ClerksMovie - so I’ll be sharing a different image each weekday until the *official* poster unveiling alongside the debut of the CLERKS III trailer on Wednesday, July 6th!
Kevin Smith Movies (CLERKS III @ SDCC) - Page 3 Fwgeke10

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 6/30/2022, 7:12 pm

WyldeMan wrote:
I wonder if Clerks III will even get a theatrical release, Kevin's above tweet makes it sound like he's doing a very limited theater run in September taking it to a few college towns like he did with Red State. This probably means it'll hit streaming by Halloween. Cool

He probably will do a limited theatre run. He did the same with the J&SB Reboot. He and Jay went on the road and hosted screenings across the US
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/1/2022, 8:44 am

Rusty wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:

He probably will do a limited theatre run. He did the same with the J&SB Reboot. He and Jay went on the road and hosted screenings across the US

So Jay and Silent Bob didn't have a wide opening either? I guess I didn't notice that back when it happened.

When was the last time Kevin had a wide theatrical release then, Cop Out?

Here's the second poster:

6 MORE DAYS ‘til the @ClerksMovie trailer premieres! And pre-release poster 2 from the fun folks at @Lionsgate marketing lets the shoe polish do the talking! On Wednesday July 6th we’ll take you behind the steel shutters for your first look at Dante, Randal, Jay, Bob & CLERKS III
Kevin Smith Movies (CLERKS III @ SDCC) - Page 3 Fwlgzc10

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 7/2/2022, 11:14 pm

Jay and Silent Bob Reboot had the roadshow and like a fathom events thing for a wide release and I went to that. It was supposed to have bonus stuff after the movie, but my showing didn’t and I was annoyed.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/3/2022, 9:31 am

Tyger wrote:Jay and Silent Bob Reboot had the roadshow and like a fathom events thing for a wide release and I went to that. It was supposed to have bonus stuff after the movie, but my showing didn’t and I was annoyed.

If that's the case I'm surprised he's not getting the Rob Zombie return treatment and having his new movie launch on Peacock or some other random streaming service because they clearly have no faith in its ability to turn a profit at this stage.

Kevin's career has been on a massive downward trajectory for a decade now but I hadn't realized just how dire it really was in that he could no longer secure wide releases for his movies from the studio.

I've spent years waiting for the return of Clerks and Mallrats but after years of delays and this disappointing release news, I don't expect much anymore.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 7/3/2022, 11:36 am

I actually think the roadshows were more profitable than a wide release would be

I don’t think Kevin Smith has ever been a box office draw. He’s had some big name stars that were draws, but that’s about it. I think he’s always been more of an indie theater/home video success so I’d rather see him do well in that lane than try to do a wide release and bomb.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/3/2022, 2:18 pm

Tyger wrote:I actually think the roadshows were more profitable than a wide release would be

I don’t think Kevin Smith has ever been a box office draw. He’s had some big name stars that were draws, but that’s about it. I think he’s always been more of an indie theater/home video success so I’d rather see him do well in that lane than try to do a wide release and bomb.

I definitely understand that Kevin's movies are not on a draw and never have been but I didn't think that ever stopped his movies from opening wide. I remember seeing Strike Back and Clerks II in theaters so I know those had wide releases but I couldn't speak on any others as I never saw them before they hit DVD.

Road Shows are one way to go about it but in 2022 that feels like a very inefficient and out dated method to get your product out. Kevin should look into a streaming deal like Sandler did with Netflix, forgo theaters all together and still get his your movies out to over 75 million people.

To be honest, as this trailer gets closer I just get more worried it's going to be a total shit fest because we've all been waiting for so damn long for this and Kevin's track record isn't exactly dependable.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 7/3/2022, 9:07 pm

I feel you, but I hated on Clerks 2 so hard before I finally watched it and I really enjoyed it so I’m just hoping for the best
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/4/2022, 7:23 am

Tyger wrote:I feel you, but I hated on Clerks 2 so hard before I finally watched it and I really enjoyed it so I’m just hoping for the best

As I mentioned before I loved the first 2/3 of Clerks II but the last act with the Donkey Show was an atrocious pile of shit that nearly ruined the whole movie and since then, every Kevin Smith movie has been a disappointment to me and yet, I keep giving him endless chances.

I keep hoping against history that he's still got some of that 90's Kevin Smith magic left in him but his filmography of the last 20 years proves otherwise.

If Clerks III proves to be just another saccharine entry in his career then I'm gonna be done giving Kevin chances, I won't be interested in how he kills my love for Mallrats next.

Kevin Smith Movies (CLERKS III @ SDCC) - Page 3 Fw0lu110

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/6/2022, 9:09 am

Kevin Smith today unveiled the first trailer for his anticipated threequel Clerks III, which Lionsgate will release exclusively in theaters for two nights only this fall, in partnership with Fathom Events. The film will be presented in more than 700 U.S. theaters at 7:00 p.m. local time on September 13th and 15th, along with an exclusive look behind the scenes featuring Smith and his cast. Smith will also be taking the latest installment in his franchise on a ‘Convenience Tour’ roadshow which kicks off in New Jersey on September 4th and will run through October.

Clerks III is billed as the final film in the series that kicked off Smith’s filmmaking career at Sundance in 1994, leading to his storied Hollywood run. It will pick up with Randal (Jeff Anderson) following a massive heart attack, as he enlists fellow clerks Dante (Brian O’Halloran), Elias (Trevor Fehrman), Jay (Jason Mewes) and Silent Bob (Smith) to make a movie immortalizing his life at the convenience store that started it all. Liz Destro and Smodco’s Jordan Monsanto produced the pic written and directed by Smith, in which Rosario Dawson will also star.

“Clerks III is the definition of event cinema, especially if you are a Kevin Smith fan or a maven of independent cinema,” said Lionsgate’s EVP of Acquisitions & Co-Productions, Eda Kowan. “This film rounds out the story that started a revolution in filmmaking. And to bring it to the fans on the big screen, there is no greater partner in the world of event cinema than Fathom Events.”

“Fathom Events is excited to partner with exhibition in hosting possibly the most loyal fan base in movies for this very special event,” added Fathom Events CEO Ray Nutt. “We’re proud to work with Lionsgate and Kevin Smith to bring the beloved Clerks story full circle.”

Smith dropped the Clerks III trailer and release date announcement this morning via an Instagram Live, which also saw him speak with cast members O’Halloran, Anderson and Mewes. Watch the film’s trailer above.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/6/2022, 11:41 am

That trailer makes me feel like Kevin decided to remake Clerks on the same budget as the first Clerks but this time he shot it on his iPhone.

And that's the nicest thing I have to say about it...

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 7/6/2022, 5:39 pm

Could have done without the American Pie type music.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/6/2022, 6:36 pm

Rusty wrote:Could have done without the American Pie type music.

Besides the bad music, what are your thoughts after watching that trailer? Were you stoked after watching it?

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 7/6/2022, 7:41 pm

I liked it. My main concern right now is all the cameos. Too many becomes distracting.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/6/2022, 8:04 pm

Tyger wrote:I liked it. My main concern right now is all the cameos. Too many becomes distracting.

Kevin loves leaning on an over abundance of cameos and this trailer reminded me of how bloated Strike Back was twenty years ago.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 7/6/2022, 10:30 pm

Thats funny cause, to me, Strike Back was the only time he got a lot of cameos right.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/7/2022, 10:52 am

Tyger wrote:Thats funny cause, to me, Strike Back was the only time he got a lot of cameos right.

I'll agree that Strike Back was Kevin's best use of cameos across his lengthy career but that's not saying too much considering how many more times he's failed in this regard more than succeeded and Clerks III looks to be another over bloated and certain failure. I thought Kevin nearly dying was going to refocus him from making atrocious piles of shit like Tusk and Yoga Hosers but all it seems to have done is make him overly emotional and constantly crying about everything and now he's ruined Randall because of it and this is completely unacceptable and unforgivable to me.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/9/2022, 10:20 am

Clerks 3: Tickets Are Now On Sale For Kevin Smith's Convenience Tour
Kevin Smith Movies (CLERKS III @ SDCC) - Page 3 Upload10
This week saw the highly-anticipated debut of the Clerks III trailer. The Kevin Smith threequel will see the return of Dante Hicks (Brian O'Halloran), Randal Graves (Jeff Anderson), Becky (Rosario Dawson), Elias (Trevor Fehrman), Jay (Jason Mewes), and Silent Bob (Smith) as well as some exciting cameos appearances from big stars such as Smith's longtime collaborator, Ben Affleck. Smith is taking a similar route with the Clerks III release that he did with Jay and Silent Bob Reboot. The movie will have some Fathom Events screenings before Smith takes it on tour. Today, tickets for "The Convience Tour" officially went on sale.

"CLERKS III: THE CONVENIENCE TOUR tickets are NOW ON SALE! Come see the new @clerksmovie *with* me and stay for a Q&A about it afterwards! Tickets for the September tour dates are available at the link in my bio! If you don't see your city, don't worry: we'll be announcing all the October tour dates in 2 weeks during @comic_con! And if you're somewhere the Tour doesn't reach, don't worry: you can see #Clerks3 (plus great bonus behind-the-scenes stuff) in a @fathomevents participating theater near you on SEPTEMBER 13th and 15th! If this ol' world's got you down, come visit the #askewniverse and hang out around @quickstopgroceries for a few hours, with Dante, Randal, Elias, Becky, Veronica, Emma, & @jayandsilentbob! If you like the trailer @lionsgate cut, I assure you you'll love the movie we made! Clerks III is open for business, Kids! Get your ticket today," Smith wrote on Instagram.

Smith will be seen later this month at San Diego Comic-Con. The director recently talked about his plans for the upcoming event.

"I can't wait. We're taking over the Tin Roof Inn, turning it into a Mooby's, and that's going to be our hub for the whole week," Smith shared on Fatman Beyond. "So during the day, Mooby's will be open. We'll be doing some streaming things; I believe we're going to be doing Fatman Beyond live every day, like a kind of 'this is what happened at the con today'…and then at night, we'll be doing the shows in the space because we have the space for 150, 200 seat audience. Normally we do shows when we're down there...we'll do them there at the space, so people can eat Mooby's, get their drink on, watch the show. It's going to be a good time."
0comments

Clerks III is coming to select theatres on September 13th and 15th. You can get tickets for The Convience Tour here.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/22/2022, 11:15 am

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/7/2022, 10:55 am

Kevin Smith Reveals He's Buying New Jersey Movie Theater, Announces Next Film
Kevin Smith Movies (CLERKS III @ SDCC) - Page 3 Kevin-16
Kevin Smith is one busy guy. Not only has he directed many films over the last few decades, but he also has multiple podcasts, owns a comic book shop, created a successful pop-up restaurant, and more. This week, the director revealed that he's now buying the movie theatre from his childhood. The actor took to Instagram to announce his purchase of the New Jersey theater and revealed he's making a new movie that will be filmed at the location.

"As a cinema-centric kid, I used to dream about living in a movie theater one day! But the older I got, the more I realized that childhood dreams don't really come true – so I'll have to settle for living ABOVE @theatlanticmoviehouse, the movie theater that @jenschwalbach & I are buying with Ashley of @leeloomultiprops, @odblues7, & @jeffswanton5! My l'il baby @smodcastle is growing up to become the @smodcastlecinemas – the place to see movies, live shows, comedy, music & more! @kupamy has the whole story at @thestarledger today, but the long and short of it is that I'm gonna co-own the movie theater where I'd go to the movies with my Dad and where I spent the many frivolous Friday nights of my Jersey teenage youth! The new @clerksmovie will be permanently ensconced there, and you can bet there'll be monthly film series featuring my cult classics & midnight movies, like @tuskthemovie and the new @scrtnetwork release #killroywashere! But beyond my flicks, you can join the forthcoming Merry Marvel Movie Society and see every new @marvelstudios release with me and gush about 'em afterwards! Or come to Saturday morning Movies with Mooby and enjoy cereal with our @moobyspopup mascot while you watch kid flicks!"

Smith added, "Does this all mean my movies have gotten so bad that I had to buy my own theater just to show 'em? Maybe. But this dramatic development has already paid creative dividends: remember that script I just finished? I started writing it because we're about to own a movie theater – so I figured 'Why not shoot a movie AT your new movie theater?' Set in 1986, the flick's entitled THE 4:30 MOVIE and it follows 3 suburban teenagers as they theater hop a spring Sunday away, sneaking from flick to flick, like we did as kids. I'm looking to shoot that in 2023, after #theconveniencetour is over. And then next summer, we enter the world of higher learning. I always felt a movie theater during the day would best be used as an educational outlet. There's a screen at the front and chairs for students – just like in a classroom. So get ready for View Askewniversity: A @jayandsilentbob Film School! I may be 52, but in this theater? I'm like a kid again."

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/7/2022, 11:00 am

Smith added, "Does this all mean my movies have gotten so bad that I had to buy my own theater just to show 'em?

Yes Kevin, that is exactly what it means because Quentin Tarantino you are not but because Kevin must constantly reinvigorate my anger for the worst movie of all-time, he immediately announced monthly screenings of Tusk at said theater.

His new project "The 4:30 Movie" doesn't sound as terrible as everything else he's announced over the last five years but my faith in him is gone, so I hope its halfway decent for you guys.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 9/13/2022, 10:35 pm

Saw Clerks 3 tonight, it was really good, more Clerks 2 than Jay & Silent Bob Reboot luckily.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 9/14/2022, 7:22 pm

Tyger wrote:Saw Clerks 3 tonight, it was really good, more Clerks 2 than Jay & Silent Bob Reboot luckily.

That's good news. I would have checked it out anyway, but now I can do so with a little less worry.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3