BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kevin Smith Movies (CLERKS III @ SDCC)

+2
UltimateMarvel
GrooThePerverted
6 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Kevin Smith Movies (CLERKS III @ SDCC) Empty Kevin Smith Movies (CLERKS III @ SDCC)

Post by WyldeMan 12/23/2014, 11:02 pm

So I did watch Tusk after all and after seeing only 40 minutes of it I was ready to recommend it to you fellow Smith fans.

I don't know what happened to Kevin but around the time he wrote Red State he hit a new gear of writing where he started making his characters very wordy and doing scenes with very long monologues, unlike his regular punch line dialogue. The only other director I can compare that to today would be Tarantino. Now obviously I am NOT comparing Smith to QT in brilliance or poetry of writing, what I am is comparing their use of such long scenes with heavy character dialogue and development. Michael Parks and Justin Long are both fantastic! Now don't get me wrong this movie is absolutely insane but it is not at all what I was expecting. I hadn't watched any trailers for Tusk so my entire experience over the last year was a few posters and the plot summary. I find it rather amusing that Smith took what amounted to probably 20 seconds of screen time and about 10 words of dialogue and is turning it into a sequel with Yoga Hosers and based on those 20 seconds and 10 words, I would see that movie too. But Tusk is pure insanity on a level that makes Red State look like Chasing Amy. I can't really even begin to describe what happens without ruining the movie all I will say is that this movie is highly quotable and at about the halfway point a twisted ride reminiscent of Lynch.

Last edited by WyldeMan on 7/22/2022, 11:16 am; edited 11 times in total
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Kevin Smith Movies (CLERKS III @ SDCC) Empty Re: Kevin Smith Movies (CLERKS III @ SDCC)

Post by GrooThePerverted 12/23/2014, 11:12 pm

A buddy of mine started to watch it, got to the part where you see the tusks and he immediately tapped out. lol.
GrooThePerverted
GrooThePerverted

Back to top Go down

Kevin Smith Movies (CLERKS III @ SDCC) Empty Re: Kevin Smith Movies (CLERKS III @ SDCC)

Post by WyldeMan 12/23/2014, 11:18 pm

GrooThePerverted wrote:A buddy of mine started to watch it, got to the part where you see the tusks and he immediately tapped out. lol.

I can honestly say I've never seen anything quite like it.....not really sure how I feel I just think you should see this. It is just so....fucked!

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 12/24/2014, 12:25 am

Fuck! I have another week until I can watch this (Blu-Ray is Dec 30).

What I love about this film is that in no way should it exist. Not even taking into account the absurdity of the plot, it all started on a Podcast (Smodcast #259), regarding a satirical advert found on Gumtree (a Craigslist type site).

This was mid-June 2013. He decides to hit Twitter and says to say #WalrusYes or #WalrusNo, of whether or not he should make the movie. Yes got the majority, so he wrote the flick, got the funding, and they had wrapped filming before Dec 2013. From whimsical inception to filming completion in under 6 months. That's fucking fantastic. He also managed to get Michael Parks, whom is a fucking genius; and Justin Long, whom is probably the most likeable actor in the world.

This also got him the funding for Clerks III, plus the two Tusk follow-up movies in the True North Trilogy: Yoga Hoser's (title spawned from another Podcast), and Moose Jaws (again, Podcast).
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/24/2014, 3:11 pm

By no stretch should this movie exist it's terrible once the Walrus shows up, it's on a Freaked (1993) level, but it was like an insane train wreck that I had to watch all of. You know it coming but you are just not ready for it, and honestly I don't think anybody could ever be ready for the moment of the Walrus reveal. But the story was so much more twisted than I'd expected. Michael Parks has NEVER played a darker character, he was demented as all hell. Once they started to reveal his full motivation for what he was doing, the movie managed to find a new level of nuts that I've never seen...The last hour is pure mind melting craziness.

At the opening of the end credits they reference the podcast that inspired this. But I didn't realize the entire trilogy was all based on these podcasts. It's about damned time somebody finally recorded the ramblings of a pot head for movie development. I thought only the food industry was taping into this market. Leave it up to the pothead himself to actually get it done. See people our kind are capable of great things or terrible things for great entertainment in this case.

Johnny Depp was so fucking weird, I hope he returns for the other films and assuming his daughter stars in the sequel it probably wouldn't be hard. His character was an interesting individual.

Haley Joel Osment, after the Sixth Sense he pretty much disappeared for over a decade and then I started seeing him always playing really weird gay characters and I was starting to wonder if that's all he was capable of playing anymore so it was nice to see him change the pace a bit, and Genesis Rodriguez...finally showed she's more than a fine piece of ass, even if you could bounce quarters off of it.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 12/24/2014, 5:52 pm

Depp does come back, and his daughter (along with Smith's) are the two main characters.

Most of it is already filmed, but he has to wait until Depp is free to film his parts. Then it'll be wrapped.

I don't think Smith has finished writing Moose Jaws yet.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by GrooThePerverted 12/24/2014, 5:58 pm

Rusty Cunt wrote:Fuck! I have another week until I can watch this (Blu-Ray is Dec 30).

If you get a digital copy let me get that! Am interested in seeing this.

Also I loved Red State a lot.
GrooThePerverted
GrooThePerverted

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 12/24/2014, 6:17 pm

GrooThePerverted wrote:
If you get a digital copy let me get that!  Am interested in seeing this.

Also I loved Red State a lot.

No worries. It does come with a digital copy.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/24/2014, 6:46 pm

GrooThePerverted wrote:Also I loved Red State a lot.

Red State does not prepare you for the level of crazy that Michal Parks goes in Tusk. I was just not ready for it...

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 12/25/2014, 9:30 pm

Watched this a few days ago and it was definitely fucked up. Even though I saw the trailer, I did not expect that to happen to him at all. I thought he wanted Long's character to be just like him at first but I was so off. I didn't think there would be sequels to this so I'm curious what the other movies would be like. I'll be honest though, can't say I enjoyed this movie quite a whole lot. I was left dissatisfied with what happened to the main character.

Last edited by UltimateMarvel on 12/26/2014, 12:04 am; edited 1 time in total
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/25/2014, 9:45 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote: I was left dissatisfied with what happened to the main character.

But he was such a total douche! And he obsessed over making fun of people who were different or had tragic things happen, so it was way funnier that he become one of those people he mocked. Though, calling him people would be a real stretch after a certain point of the movie.

In the sequal Yoga Hosers, the two young female convenience store clerks will get their own movie and they either get super powers or fight someone who does, but it sounds way more absurd. Rus knows the podcast so he could probably tell you a lot more about it then I could.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 12/25/2014, 9:49 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Watched this a few days ago and it was definitely fucked up. Even though I saw the trailer, I did not expect that too happen to him at all. I thought he wanted Long's character to be just like him at first but I was so off. I didn't think there would be sequels to this so I'm curious what the other movies would be like. I'll be honest though, can't say I enjoyed this movie quite a whole lot. I was left dissatisfied with what happened to the main character.

Haha, now I can't wait Very Happy. Can't wait to see Long go full Walrus.

They're not really sequels being made, merely 2 other movies set in the same universe. The next film, Yoga Hosers, revolves around the two girls from the convenience store (Smith & Depp's daughters) in Tusk, and also includes Johnny Depp's character.

Same as his Jersey Trilogy - Clerks, Mallrats, Chasing Amy. They're not sequels, but 3 movies set in the same universe with over-lapping events and characters.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/25/2014, 9:54 pm

Rusty Cunt wrote:Same as his Jersey Trilogy - Clerks, Mallrats, Chasing Amy. They're not sequels, but 3 movies set in the same universe with over-lapping events and characters.

Similar to how Tarantino's movies often reference characters from earlier or sometimes even future films, without being sequels. Stories intertwined.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 12/25/2014, 10:07 pm

WyldeMan wrote:
Rusty Cunt wrote:Same as his Jersey Trilogy - Clerks, Mallrats, Chasing Amy. They're not sequels, but 3 movies set in the same universe with over-lapping events and characters.

Similar to how Tarantino's movies often reference characters from earlier or sometimes even future films, without being sequels. Stories intertwined.

Exactly. Vince Vega (Travolta) of Pulp Fiction, was the brother of Vic Vega/Mr Blonde (Madsen) of Reservoir Dogs.

Also, the female characters of Kill Bill, are essentially the movie version of the TV pilot Mia Wallace (Thurman) talked about in Pulp Fiction.

Pretty cool shit actually.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by GrooThePerverted 12/25/2014, 11:21 pm

Jackie Brown will always be the GOAT Tarantino movie.
GrooThePerverted
GrooThePerverted

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 12/25/2014, 11:36 pm

GrooThePerverted wrote:Jackie Brown will always be the GOAT Tarantino movie.

3rd. Death Proof (the full non-Grindhouse version) is #1, followed by Reservoir Dogs.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by GrooThePerverted 12/25/2014, 11:45 pm

Rusty Cunt wrote:
GrooThePerverted wrote:Jackie Brown will always be the GOAT Tarantino movie.

3rd. Death Proof (the full non-Grindhouse version) is #1, followed by Reservoir Dogs.

I will allow your blasphemy because you supply me with Digital Copies.

Everyone else does not get the pass. Kevin Smith Movies (CLERKS III @ SDCC) Ropitj10
GrooThePerverted
GrooThePerverted

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 12/25/2014, 11:59 pm

GrooThePerverted wrote:

Everyone else does not get the pass.  Kevin Smith Movies (CLERKS III @ SDCC) Ropitj10

Oh yeah, upcoming New Years Resolution ... charge $ for discarded digital copies.

Twisted Evil
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by GrooThePerverted 12/26/2014, 12:35 am

Rusty Cunt wrote:
GrooThePerverted wrote:

Everyone else does not get the pass.  Kevin Smith Movies (CLERKS III @ SDCC) Ropitj10

Oh yeah, upcoming New Years Resolution ... charge $ for discarded digital copies.

Twisted Evil

Yeah, you think that's funny don't you?  Fucking with a man's emotions like that?

While ya'll over there like: Kevin Smith Movies (CLERKS III @ SDCC) K3su11 Kevin Smith Movies (CLERKS III @ SDCC) K15q10

I'm over here like: Kevin Smith Movies (CLERKS III @ SDCC) Trclv10
GrooThePerverted
GrooThePerverted

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 12/26/2014, 12:58 am

Cool
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/26/2014, 2:08 am

Rusty Cunt wrote:Exactly. Vince Vega (Travolta) of Pulp Fiction, was the brother of Vic Vega/Mr Blonde (Madsen) of Reservoir Dogs.

Also, the female characters of Kill Bill, are essentially the movie version of the TV pilot Mia Wallace (Thurman) talked about in Pulp Fiction.

Pretty cool shit actually.

Kevin Smith Movies (CLERKS III @ SDCC) Tarant10

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/26/2014, 2:10 am

I cannot believe that I never made the Donowitz connection!!!! HOLY FUCK!!! I knew all the others but somehow that never even occurred to me. How awesome is that???

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 12/26/2014, 4:50 pm

WyldeMan wrote:But he was such a total douche! And he obsessed over making fun of people who were different or had tragic things happen, so it was way funnier that he become one of those people he mocked. Though, calling him people would be a real stretch after a certain point of the movie.

In the sequal Yoga Hosers, the two young female convenience store clerks will get their own movie and they either get super powers or fight someone who does, but it sounds way more absurd. Rus knows the podcast so he could probably tell you a lot more about it then I could.

He was a douche but he was harmless, he was all talk. His girl and his best friend betrayed him by hooking up behind his back and didn't have the human decency to kill him at the end. The fuck was that shit? Not even Depp's character could go through with it. When they went to see him at the end, I though they might have saved him so he could be "fixed" by professionals even though he wouldn't look like he did before but no way. They went to visit him like he's a fucking pet. Rolling Eyes
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/26/2014, 7:25 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:He was a douche but he was harmless, he was all talk. His girl and his best friend betrayed him by hooking up behind his back and didn't have the human decency to kill him at the end. The fuck was that shit? Not even Depp's character could go through with it. When they went to see him at the end, I though they might have saved him so he could be "fixed" by professionals even though he wouldn't look like he did before but no way. They went to visit him like he's a fucking pet. Rolling Eyes

I guess you missed the part where she mentioned he was constantly cheating on her a fact that even he brought up to his best friend when his best friend kept pushing him to bring her along. It was like fuck it man, if you can't appreciate her then I will. He treated his woman like crap and there is always another man lined up for a woman that looks like that. Those men just usually look not a fucking thing at all like Haley Joel Osment. Seemed like some Kevin Smith fantasy writing for himself there, lol.

They put that bastard in a tiny enclosure with a five foot swimmin hole. It was like "here's your fish I'm just gonna go back to fucking your woman. Thanks!" That part made me LMFAO.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 12/26/2014, 8:02 pm

I know he loved her even though he cheated on her but the punishment doesn't fit the crime, man. And if she knew, why stay with him? Probably because she loved him, but did she love him enough to set him free in the end? Fuck no! They were like, "here is your fish, now eat it like the Walrus you are" and walked away. No
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 12/30/2014, 1:36 pm

Arrow

Kevin Smith posted on Facebook that Depp is back on set, and Yoga Hosers will wrap filming this week.

Kevin Smith Movies (CLERKS III @ SDCC) Yogahoserswrapup
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/30/2014, 2:14 pm

I see Depp in the eyes but she must look like her mother. Kevin's daughter though looks exactly like what'd you'd expect.

Can you provide anymore background on Yoda Hosers or clarification? Still haven't gotten around to the podcast but I hear there's something about super powers?

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 12/30/2014, 2:28 pm

Not sure on too much. He's actually been pretty spoiler free, but the general premise is the two girls are preparing for big party, but some ancient supernatural evil demon type thing comes from underneath the earth, so they hook up with Depp's character (he's supposedly a hunter of some kind. Haven't seen Tusk yet), to help kill it so they can get to the party.

Don't suppose there'd be anything left to spoil really. Hahaha.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/30/2014, 3:01 pm

Rusty Cunt wrote:Not sure on too much. He's actually been pretty spoiler free, but the general premise is the two girls are preparing for big party, but some ancient supernatural evil demon type thing comes from underneath the earth, so they hook up with Depp's character (he's supposedly a hunter of some kind. Haven't seen Tusk yet), to help kill it so they can get to the party.

Don't suppose there'd be anything left to spoil really. Hahaha.

Can you really spoil a movie like this? Anything you tell someone they won't believe you, I mean this shit is too absurd. It sounds fake as hell.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 12/30/2014, 3:06 pm

WyldeMan wrote:

Can you really spoil a movie like this? Anything you tell someone they won't believe you, I mean this shit is too absurd. It sounds fake as hell.

I know. Hahaha. It sounds preposterous. Then again, Moose Jaws will follow, and in Smith's own words it's basically "Jaws with a moose".
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/30/2014, 3:15 pm

Rusty Cunt wrote:I know. Hahaha. It sounds preposterous.

I was telling my buddy about Tusk and it went something along the lines of something as spoiler free as "Justin Long plays a podcaster who gets turned into a walrus" and my buddy just looked at me, took a big bong rip looked at me some more said "Shut the fuck up" and just kept shaking his head and telling me I was way too high. LOL.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 12/30/2014, 3:24 pm

WyldeMan wrote:

I was telling my buddy about Tusk and it went something along the lines of something as spoiler free as "Justin Long plays a podcaster who gets turned into a walrus" and my buddy just looked at me, took a big bong rip looked at me some more said "Shut the fuck up" and just kept shaking his head and telling me I was way too high. LOL.

LOL. That's funny, and fitting.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/30/2014, 6:21 pm

Rusty Cunt wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:

LOL. That's funny, and fitting.

And considering it's how the movie was initially created, a bit meta. Though less meta if I tell you that is pretty much every interaction with him, lol.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 1/3/2015, 3:08 am

OK, finally watched Tusk.

What a fucking disappointment.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by GrooThePerverted 1/3/2015, 10:46 pm

Watching Tusk now.  About 30 minutes left in the movie.  Thoughts, so far.

1. The comedy seems to fall flat.  I didn't find Long funny AT. ALL.  Maybe it was intentionally that way, and I kind of have that impression that the comedy was intentionally bad to mock that type of "Morning Radio Zoo FM" type of thing.

2. I really don't like Long's character so I really don't give a fuck what happens to him.  I just sit back and marvel at the fact that I'm not sure what I expected, but THAT wasn't it.  Holy shit.

3. Johnny Depp?  Fucking shut up already.  The accent and slow as molasses cadence is unbearable.  If there's a movie in this trilogy that involves him as a main character, count me fucking out.  Ugh.

4. Let's just go ahead and name Michael Parks as the creepiest/scariest old man in the world.  Fucking Hell.

5. Funny seeing Epic Meal Time's Harley as the Canadian border guy.

6. Oh dear God, this scene between Depp and Parks is fucking unbearable!  SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!!!!!

7. Damn this movie has grinded to a fucking halt with Depp.  This is easily his worst role I've ever seen, and he's done some bad roles, but Jesus Christ this is just unwatchable.

8. Wait, so they put him in a fucking zoo?  Is Canada full of gullible motherfuckers who see what Wallace was turned into and think "Wow this is some rare breed, eh?"

*sigh*

This movie pretty much jumped the walrus once Depp showed up.  Up to that point I kind of liked it.  Ugh.
GrooThePerverted
GrooThePerverted

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/3/2015, 11:47 pm

GrooThePerverted wrote:1. The comedy seems to fall flat.  I didn't find Long funny AT. ALL.  Maybe it was intentionally that way, and I kind of have that impression that the comedy was intentionally bad to mock that type of "Morning Radio Zoo FM" type of thing.

2. I really don't like Long's character so I really don't give a fuck what happens to him.  I just sit back and marvel at the fact that I'm not sure what I expected, but THAT wasn't it.  Holy shit.

4. Let's just go ahead and name Michael Parks as the creepiest/scariest old man in the world.  Fucking Hell.

This movie pretty much jumped the walrus once Depp showed up.

I felt it was intended to play that way, he came off swarmy and like a total dick. Someone you want to see bad things happen to. But I always like Long and he can play a complete douche bag one minute, a permafried stoner or the nicest guy you've ever met the next.

I told you that Parks had never been creepier. I think he might be the scariest person in the history of ever. If Lucifer rises and does not take the form of Michael Parks, I'm gonna be disappointed in the Apocalypse.

Jumping the walrus?!?!?!!?!?!?!? HOLY SHIT! Now you've gone and done it, you brilliant bastard! The walrus shall forever replace the shark. Sorry Henry Winkler. Cool

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GrooThePerverted 1/3/2015, 11:51 pm

Oh I like Justin Long a lot.  He was hilarious in Zack and Miri and I liked him in Die Hard 4 as well.

So far there's two movies in Kevin Smith's 2nd career, so to speak, with this and Red State. I loved Red State and really liked about 2/3rds of this.

Fucking Depp, man. smh
GrooThePerverted
GrooThePerverted

Back to top Go down

Post by GrooThePerverted 1/4/2015, 12:13 am

A-FUCKING-MEN!

Johnny Depp Ruins Kevin Smith's TUSK

Kevin Smith Movies (CLERKS III @ SDCC) Tusk1-johnny-depp-ruins-kevin-smith-s-tusk

“It’s such a fine line between stupid and, uh, clever,” said a member of the fictional heavy metal band Spinal Tap. And the same can be said of Kevin Smith’s TUSK, in which a snarky podcaster is trapped inside the rural manor of a crazy old man with an obsession for walruses!

The first half is pretty great, aiming headlong for horror film parody… The doomed claustrophobic setting of MISERY combined with the mad scientist agenda of SSSSSSS pits two polar opposites in the middle of nowhere, Canada…

Justin Long’s Wallace delivers the Kevin Smith dialogue with perfection. Spouting one-liners and poking fun at just about everything, and then some, he’s more a brash Jason Lee than, say, the Ben Affleck style nice guy protagonist.

His show partner, Teddy, played by a fully grown Haley Joel Osment, is the straight man of the group – and the least adventurous. With a cheating heart piercing his (way too) gorgeous girlfriend, the perpetually flawed Wallace makes for a victim who reaps what he sows: although no one deserves what's eventually coming to him...

Enter veteran character-actor Michael Parks as the "wise" old fella with many tales to tell. His eccentric Howard Howe delivers Gothic monologues while Long bends a caustic ear to every overly-pronounced syllable, often lifted from literary quotes. Their conversations could have gone on forever: if only we remained indoors...

Sadly, Tusk hits a massive wall with the introduction of Johnny Depp’s would-be rescuer, Guy Lapointe. A combination of Dr. Livingston, Inspector Clouseau and Columbo, Depp lets loose a 15-minute string that hardly progresses the story at hand. With phony makeup befitting an SNL skit, not only does he reveal an otherwise mysterious lunatic, we get a narrative flashback turning the deliciously sinister Parks into a nonthreatening clown.

It isn't Johnny's fault, entirely. Any character intruding upon such offbeat potential would have done the same amount of damage. But one gets the feeling indie director Smith was getting his big name money’s worth with this prolonged “surprise” role – damn shame all that cotton candy had to ruin such a wonderfully devious Fun House/Freak Show ride.
GrooThePerverted
GrooThePerverted

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 1/4/2015, 12:14 am

Agree with Wylde on Long. He was purposely portrayed as a dick, and Long nailed it.

Parks was pure poetry.

Depp's character portrayed as a caricature broke the walrus' back. It was unnecessary, and completely fucked with the films cadence - and not in a good way.

I believe Smith made two films - the absurdly dark and creepiness portrayed by Parks and Long; and the satirical goofiness portrayed by Depp. Had he stuck to one general tone, the film would have worked (at least better than it did), however trying to mesh the two was a fucking fail..

I don't understand the need to have Depp portray his character that way. It served no purpose. Fair enough, Smith has a love affair with Canada, and what's a Canuckistan film without a French-Canadian - but that was, for lack of a better description, fucking stupid. It was an unwarranted tonal shift. It served no purposed other than to have Johnny Depp give a French-Canadian supernatural hunter version of Jack Sparrow/Tonto. Depp has some fucking talent. Why waste it on retarded shit like this?

It fit with the humour of the clerks girls (and should work wonders with Yoga Hosers), but trying to fold it into the darkness of what Parks was able to bring to the screen was a complete lack of talent on Smith's part - or at least a lack of certainty in his talent.

It was always an uphill battle. A movie about a guy the turns another guy into a walrus. It was an absurd idea, and a film that on all premises can't be rated on a scale of 1-10 - but that doesn't make it unwatchable. Contrarily, for me it made it the must see film of the year. It's a shame after all these years Smith struggles to get a grip on his talent. Maybe it's the fat guy in him. Gets halfway done then runs out of steam. I dunno.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by GrooThePerverted 1/4/2015, 12:37 am

This is the second movie in a row for him that has an unnecessarily long monologue by a character that slows the movie down immensely. In Red State Parks has this ridiculously long and slow monologue in the church as he's going on about homos and whatnot, and in this Depp's scene just seemed to go on and on and on and on.
GrooThePerverted
GrooThePerverted

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/4/2015, 12:40 am

Rusty Cunt wrote:A movie about a guy the turns another guy into a walrus. It was an absurd idea

Not only that but its about a serial killer who wants to turn a man into a walrus to have a battle to the death to give the one he murdered years earlier a chance at vengeance. I mean WHAT THE FUCK!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

lol!

The moment they revealed the walrus, my jaw just dropped and I just stared at the screen in pure shock. I mean, you're expecting a walrus, but.......I was not expecting that....

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 1/4/2015, 12:50 am

Hahah yeah, that was fucked up. It was like those sumo-costume fights you see, except with water and, you know, dismemberment.

GrooThePerverted wrote:This is the second movie in a row for him that has an unnecessarily long monologue by a character that slows the movie down immensely.  In Red State Parks has this ridiculously long and slow monologue in the church as he's going on about homos and whatnot, and in this Depp's scene just seemed to go on and on and on and on.

But the monologue in Red State works. it adds to Park's character. It shows you how truly deep his fuckery is.

In Tusk it falls flat. Twice. Once with Depp, and the other with that teary monologue by the girl as she's talking directly to the camera/Haley Joel. It was great writing, and great acting, but had no place in the movie. At all. Almost felt like a commercial ... INTERMISSION "hey, I can write like this, and this chick can deliver and cry on cue. Hire us."

Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/4/2015, 1:37 am

Rusty Cunt wrote:Almost felt like a commercial ... INTERMISSION "hey, I can write like this, and this chick can deliver and cry on cue. Hire us."

First time Genesis Rodriguez has ever showed me that she is more than just T&A.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 1/4/2015, 3:44 am

WyldeMan wrote:

Oddly enough, prior to that scene, it was the movie that showed me she had T&A.

bounce

Had never heard/scene her before (knowingly).
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 1/4/2015, 3:48 am

Rusty Cunt wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:

Oddly enough, prior to that scene, it was the movie that showed me she had T&A.

bounce

Had never heard/scene her before (knowingly).

MOTHER-FUCK!

Just did some Googling, and it turns out, Genesis was in a a movie I watched 3 days ago - The Last Stand (Arnie flick).

My situational awareness is severely lacking. LOL!
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next