BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Beekeeper (Statham / Driver / Hutchison) (January 12, 2024)

2 posters

Go down

The Beekeeper (Statham / Driver / Hutchison) (January 12, 2024) Empty The Beekeeper (Statham / Driver / Hutchison) (January 12, 2024)

Post by WyldeMan 10/9/2023, 9:05 am

Amazon MGM Studios and Miramax have released the trailer for The Beekeeper, the action film that teams star Jason Statham and director David Ayer. The film hits theaters January 12, 2024.

Statham stars as a former operative of a powerful and clandestine organization known as “Beekeepers.” He single-handedly takes on a sinister organization that wronged a friend in a series of violent encounters that end up having national stakes.

Emmy Raver-Lampman, Josh Hutcherson, Bobby Naderi, Minnie Driver, Phylicia Rashad and Jeremy Irons also star.

Kurt Wimmer, who co-wrote the current Expendables 4 and previously teamed with Ayer on 2008’s Street Kings, penned the script. The pic is produced by Bill Block, Statham, Ayer, Cedar Park Studios’ Chris Long and Wimmer. Andrew Golov, Thom Zadra and Mark Birmingham are executive producers.

MGM scooped up distribution rights to The Beekeeper after the project debuted in the Cannes market in 2022 with an eye on making this a franchise. That marked a reteam of MGM, Miramax and Statham after their partnership on Wrath of Man.

Watch the red-band trailer above and see the poster below.
The Beekeeper (Statham / Driver / Hutchison) (January 12, 2024) The-be10

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Beekeeper (Statham / Driver / Hutchison) (January 12, 2024) Empty Re: The Beekeeper (Statham / Driver / Hutchison) (January 12, 2024)

Post by WyldeMan 10/9/2023, 9:07 am

These are the kind of movies Statham needs to focus on. He's lost his way in sequels and I prefer his stand alone work. 

I'm not much of an Ayer fan but every so often he makes a movie that isn't terrible so I'll see this too.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Beekeeper (Statham / Driver / Hutchison) (January 12, 2024) Empty Re: The Beekeeper (Statham / Driver / Hutchison) (January 12, 2024)

Post by UltimateMarvel 10/9/2023, 6:39 pm

That was a bad ass trailer! Statham going after scammers? I'm going to enjoy every single one of those kills!

Also, who knew that honey was flammable? Not me. lol
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/9/2023, 7:12 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:That was a bad ass trailer! Statham going after scammers? I'm going to enjoy every single one of those kills!

Also, who knew that honey was flammable? Not me. lol

While The Beekeepers trailer would make you believe that honey is a nature's napalm, I gotta debunk this a little bit as it's more combustible than it is flammable. Yes honey will burn but it does not go up the way it does here, contrary to the line in this trailer that "honey is flammable as fuck". You can't just toss a lighter and honey will instantly ignite, it's a slow burn. 

In reality to do use it the way Statham does here, you would likely have to knock someone unconscious, then cover them in honey and hold a lighter to them for a bit waiting for it them burn and even then I think it'd be a real slow burning flame, so while it looks good for a movie trailer it'd probably be a terribly impractical way to try and kill somebody as they'd likely just end up sticky and real pissed off but also deeply confused as to why you thought that it would work. Razz

However, since this trailer came out I'm sure more than a few morons have already made videos for TikTok, Instagram or Twitter showing them trying to duplicate what Statham did.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down