BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Thoughts

5 posters

Page 7 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

METOO - Random Thoughts - Page 7 Empty Re: Random Thoughts

Post by UltimateMarvel 12/28/2023, 2:08 pm

Hope you feel better Joey. I'm ok so far but everybody is getting sick around here too. Drink plenty of fluids, hot and cold.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/28/2023, 3:36 pm

joey con carne wrote:So my body temp is back to normal… mostly. But it doesn’t seem lile I’ll be able to eat much for a while. The queasy feeling is lingering. Have a stash of Pedialyte just for this occassion.

My niece was really sick with the flu for about two weeks earlier this month and it took her until just a few days ago to get back her full appetite. Sounds like you got the same?

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 12/28/2023, 3:55 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Hope you feel better Joey. I'm ok so far but everybody is getting sick around here too. Drink plenty of fluids, hot and cold.

Thanks, man. Gettin' there slowly. Definitely feel better than yesterday but maybe need another full day. Was hoping I could go out to Huntington on Saturday for some brunch but not sure that will be happening anymore.

WyldeMan wrote:My niece was really sick with the flu for about two weeks earlier this month and it took her until just a few days ago to get back her full appetite. Sounds like you got the same?

Maybe it was the flu. Perhaps it was a good thing I got my flu shot this year. My work made it a requirement for everyone to get the flu shot this year. I was against it but maybe it was what saved me. I did feel really shitty on Tuesday. At least it's not the VID. My last bout with that shit got me real good.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/28/2023, 4:03 pm

joey con carne wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:My niece was really sick with the flu for about two weeks earlier this month and it took her until just a few days ago to get back her full appetite. Sounds like you got the same?

Maybe it was the flu. Perhaps it was a good thing I got my flu shot this year. My work made it a requirement for everyone to get the flu shot this year. I was against it but maybe it was what saved me. I did feel really shitty on Tuesday. At least it's not the VID. My last bout with that shit got me real good.

For the first few days she had a fever and chills with no appetite then she slept the next several days when the fever broke. 

But at no point could she keep more than fluids down and take one or two bites of food. 

Then very slowly she got energy back and after several weeks she started to eat full meals again and now she's totally fine but for most of December she was lethargic and barely moving. 

I can't remember if I've ever had the flu before so I didn't realize how long it puts you down or just how much of an impact it has. Everybody always treats it like it's nothing, you know it's "just flu season".

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 12/29/2023, 6:01 am

Holy shit that sounds awful. Poor kid. Glad she’s okay now.

I have one pending call at 10:30 today. Hoping to cut it short.

On the plus side, A Christmas Story on iTunes is $5. I bought that shit ASAP and will be watching it today. It's even 4K format. Yay
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/29/2023, 12:48 pm

joey con carne wrote:Holy shit that sounds awful. Poor kid. Glad she’s okay now.

I have one pending call at 10:30 today. Hoping to cut it short.

On the plus side, A Christmas Story on iTunes is $5. I bought that shit ASAP and will be watching it today. It's even 4K format. Yay

She's finally rebounded and is back to normal eating way more than a do even though she's 10 years old and only 80lbs. Razz

I didn't watch a single Christmas movie this year, not even the old favorites, I just wasn't really feeling it this year.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 12/29/2023, 2:57 pm

Yea, the Christmas movies this year were pretty lame but I did manage to watch Violent Night which I thought was really fun. Now I want to watch Joel Kinnaman's Silent Night.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/29/2023, 4:00 pm

joey con carne wrote:Yea, the Christmas movies this year were pretty lame but I did manage to watch Violent Night which I thought was really fun. Now I want to watch Joel Kinnaman's Silent Night.

I watched Violent Night last year and while amusing, I don't think it'll become an annual watch. 

But even my annual watch movies; Bad Santa, Die Hard and Gremlins got skipped this year.

I do still intend to watch Silent Night but last week I watched Sympathy for the Devil with Kinnaman and Cage and that movie was an OTT disappointment so it stayed my hand on jumping right into another new Kinnaman movie just yet.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 12/29/2023, 6:19 pm

Glad your niece is feeling better Wylde! Now that she's eating, I'm sure she'll get her strength back.

I will be watching Silent Night this week too.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 12/31/2023, 2:38 pm

Happy New Year!!! 🥂
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/31/2023, 2:57 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Glad your niece is feeling better Wylde! Now that she's eating, I'm sure she'll get her strength back.

I will be watching Silent Night this week too.

My niece is currently tearing it up outside on her bike, she she's definitely recovered. 

Are you doing any better?

UltimateMarvel wrote:Happy New Year!!! 🥂

Another year gone. Here's to hoping the movie and tv offerings of 2024 will be of a higher quality.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 12/31/2023, 3:07 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Another year gone. Here's to hoping the movie and tv offerings of 2024 will be of a higher quality.

It's still some hours away.

It's still 2023. The year isn't over yet.

Razz Razz Razz
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/31/2023, 4:09 pm

joey con carne wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:Another year gone. Here's to hoping the movie and tv offerings of 2024 will be of a higher quality.

It's still some hours away.

Razz Razz Razz

You are correct good sir, there are still some hours left in 2023.

How are you spending the last day of the year? Planning to watch anything good?

I am still fascinated by historical newspapers. I mentioned recently how I've been deep in my family genealogy and I find myself going down the rabbit hole of late 1800's to early 1900's Missouri/Tennessee true crime as I follow the leads. It's interesting reading the stories from the perspective at the time the events were unfolding versus reading the overview of them in a historical context decades later. 

Earlier one particular rabbit hole thought led me to reading dozens of 1920's and '30s Chicago papers documenting Capone's rise to power.  Incredible stuff.  Cool

I find it hard to stay focused and on track in my research when history is so much more interesting than anything in the news now.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 1/1/2024, 6:40 am

I wound up cracking open a bottle of Martinelli's sparklin cider (aka carbonated apple juice) and passed out before midnight. I watched American Ninja and American Ninja 2 back-to-back which was a great experience. I purchased the four-movie pack for $15 on iTunes. The first two are masterpieces although the second one kind of deviates a little from the mysterium of the first one with Joe's origins and ninja demeanor. The third one was a snoozefest while the fourth was a massive turd. I will continue the series and watch 3 and 4 today.

Also on my agenda for today is to get some Big Macs. My last ones for the foreseeable future. Symbolicalities yo! nahmean?
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/1/2024, 10:40 am

I watched the final 5 minutes of the New Year's Rockin' Eve countdown and opened a bottle of champagne with the family.

WyldeMan wrote:My niece is currently tearing it up outside on her bike, she she's definitely recovered. 

Are you doing any better?

Yeah, I wasn't sick but my family was. They're feeling better now.

We can only hope. lol

joey con carne wrote:It's still some hours away.

Razz Razz Razz

It is now. Cool
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/1/2024, 10:18 pm

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/3/2024, 5:15 pm

Saw this article and I thought I would share. I think this is what my family had:

Health officials are monitoring a triple threat of respiratory illnesses. Here's how to avoid getting sick
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/4/2024, 7:11 pm

Northern Exposure Is Streaming For the First Time Ever
METOO - Random Thoughts - Page 7 Northe11
Who’s ready for a return trip to Cicely, Alaska?

After years stuck in streaming limbo, early ’90s classic Northern Exposure — the fifth most sought-after, non-streaming show in a July TVLine poll — is now available to binge Stateside on Prime Video. All six seasons (110 episodes) have quietly been uploaded to the service in high definition and retain their original 4:3 aspect ratio.

At first glance, it appears two episodes were uploaded out of airdate order: The Season 3 episode “Jules et Joel” (OAD: Oct. 28, 1991) is listed as Season 2, Episode 8, while the Season 6 episode “Zarya” (OAD: Oct. 31, 1994) is listed as Season 5, Episode 25.

TVLine has reached out to Amazon for additional details on Northern Exposure’s release — namely, whether Prime Video has cleared all original music rights.

For the uninitiated: Northern Exposure starred Rob Morrow as Joel Fleischman, a recently graduated New York City physician who is sent to practice medicine in the fictional town of Cicely. Conceived by St. Elsewhere creators Joshua Brand and John Falsey, the series started out as a midseason replacement in the summer of 1990. It ran for eight episodes, then returned for an additional seven-episode run the following spring. Its first full season in the fall of ’91.

The ensemble also included Barry Corbin (as Maurice Minnifield), Janine Turner (as Maggie O’Connell), John Cullum (as Holling Vincoeur), Cynthia Geary (as Shelly Tambo), John Corbett (as Chris Stevens), Darren E. Burrows (as Ed Chigliak), Peg Phillips (as Ruth-Anne Miller) and Elaine Miles (as Marilyn Whirlwind).

Upon Morrow’s departure at the end of Season 5, Paul Provenza was cast as Joel’s replacement, Dr. Phil Capra, while Teri Polo was enlisted to play his wife, Michelle.

Northern Exposure racked up 39 Emmy nominations, winning seven Emmys over the course of its run — including trophies for Outstanding Supporting Actress (for Valerie Mahaffey) and Outstanding Drama Series in 1992. Up until now, episodes were only available for digital purchase or on DVD.  
METOO - Random Thoughts - Page 7 Northe12

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/4/2024, 7:15 pm

Roslyn Washington where the majority of Northern Exposure was filmed is about an hour and half from me. I went through there twenty years ago and recognized quite a few of the filming locations from the show I'd watched as a kid. I gotta check it out again after all these years. Wild times.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 1/5/2024, 6:11 am

Year-end has begun and the bullshit has already started. Wonderful three months coming up.

I never watched Northern Exposure before. I remember seeing a lot of commercials for it when I was in elementary school.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/11/2024, 3:42 pm

‘Prey’ Is Now Officially an Emmy-Winning ‘Predator’ Movie
METOO - Random Thoughts - Page 7 Prey-210
The winners of the 2023 Creative Arts Emmys were announced over the weekend, with HBO’s “The Last of Us” notably winning big for the horror genre in multiple categories.

“The Last of Us” took home eight awards this year, including Outstanding Guest Actor (Nick Offerman) and Outstanding Guest Actress (Storm Reid), as well as Outstanding Main Title Design, Picture Editing for a Drama Series, Sound Editing and Sound Mixing for a Comedy or Drama Series, Special Visual Effects in a Season or a Movie, and Prosthetic Makeup.

And then there’s Dan Trachtenberg’s Predator movie Prey, which debuted on Hulu last year. The movie was nominated in six total Emmys categories, including Outstanding TV Movie, and it took home one award during the Creative Arts Emmys over the weekend.

Prey won the award for “Outstanding Sound Editing for a Limited or Anthology Series or Movie,” officially making the Predator saga an Emmy-winning horror franchise!

The Primetime Creative Arts Emmy Awards will air January 13 on FXX. Two days later, the 75th Primetime Emmy Awards – the main show – will air January 15 on FOX.

Wikipedia explains, “The 75th Primetime Creative Arts Emmy Awards honor the best in artistic and technical achievement in American prime time television programming from June 1, 2022, until May 31, 2023, as chosen by the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences.”

Prey is still up for “Outstanding Directing for a Limited or Anthology Series or Movie” and “Outstanding Writing for a Limited or Anthology Series or Movie” at the main Emmys show.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 1/11/2024, 7:33 pm

Prey was fun but I remember complaining about the ending. Also it was a piece of shit for cultural appropriation omg CANCEL PREY!!

So this week is shaping up to end nicely but then the weekend is going to be bleh. Tomorrow, I have my TSA Precheck enrollment appointment. Will now be able to skip the line at airports. That's the good part. The bad news is a buddy of mine from Colorado was supposed to come visit me for the week but she's sick. Maybe I need to shower more.

Also need another 40 credits to keep my license active. Funk dat.

Currently listening to Vanessa Mai. I don't understand the lyrics but schlager sure is fun to listen to. Lightens the mood.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 1/13/2024, 3:46 pm

Went to a Round1 today and dropped $100 on claw games. Came back with a fat haul. I dontcare much for those plushies but the satisfaction when I win is indescribable to me. I’ll give them away at friends’ kids’ birthday parties or something.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/14/2024, 3:36 pm

So it begins, we've got single digit temps and hitting 0 here this week. Evil or Very Mad

joey con carne wrote:Went to a Round1 today and dropped $100 on claw games. Came back with a fat haul. I dontcare much for those plushies but the satisfaction when I win is indescribable to me. I’ll give them away at friends’ kids’ birthday parties or something.

Joey when he was little...... Laughing

METOO - Random Thoughts - Page 7 Giphy
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 1/16/2024, 8:07 am

How did that kid even get in there lol. That’s good shit.

I signed up for TSA PreCheck. Now I can finally travel fast and step away from having to deal with those security lines. Interesting thing is I enrolled two weeks ago. Had my enrollment appointment (in a Staples!) on Friday, and got my traveller number on Saturday night. Pretty cool. I thought I would have to go into Manhattan to enroll. Pretty seamless process and just in time for my trip in April.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/16/2024, 11:02 am

joey con carne wrote:How did that kid even get in there lol. That’s good shit.

Good question! lol

joey con carne wrote:I signed up for TSA PreCheck. Now I can finally travel fast and step away from having to deal with those security lines. Interesting thing is I enrolled two weeks ago. Had my enrollment appointment (in a Staples!) on Friday, and got my traveller number on Saturday night. Pretty cool. I thought I would have to go into Manhattan to enroll. Pretty seamless process and just in time for my trip in April.

TSA PreCheck? I don't know about this. What do they do?

Every time I hear Staples, I'm surprised they're still in business.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 1/16/2024, 1:58 pm

If you have TSA Precheck you can use a different line to go through airport security where you don’t have to take off shoes or jacket or take out your laptop from your bag. Usually, if there is a full body xray scanner thing, you can also skip that and just go through a metal detector instead.

It is an expedited line with far fewer people. If you fly domestic a lot, it is well worth it. If you fly international, i would recommend Global Entry which includes TSA precheck for only $100 for 5 years. TSA precheck is $78 for 5 years but Global Entry has a 6 to 8 month wait due to volume.

Check those out if you think they might be worth it.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/16/2024, 2:59 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:

Good question! lol.

With a set a keys. Unless you know he's a baby magician.

joey con carne wrote:If you have TSA Precheck you can use a different line to go through airport security where you don’t have to take off shoes or jacket or take out your laptop from your bag. Usually, if there is a full body xray scanner thing, you can also skip that and just go through a metal detector instead.

It is an expedited line with far fewer people. If you fly domestic a lot, it is well worth it. If you fly international, i would recommend Global Entry which includes TSA precheck for only $100 for 5 years. TSA precheck is $78 for 5 years but Global Entry has a 6 to 8 month wait due to volume.

Wait so you can just buy access to an express lane at the airport that allows you to circumvent security like you're a hot girl at a night club?

I can't imagine any scenario where this isn't being exploited.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/16/2024, 8:50 pm

NOICE! was checking out the Just Added section on Prime when I came across Sam Raimi's Hercules The Legendary Journeys + the five original movies that preceded the series, it's awesome spin-off Xena Warrior Princess AND Batman the Animated Series.

Fuckin Prime got the hookup. Cool

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 1/17/2024, 12:06 am

WyldeMan wrote:NOICE! was checking out the Just Added section on Prime when I came across Sam Raimi's Hercules The Legendary Journeys + the five original movies that preceded the series, it's awesome spin-off Xena Warrior Princess AND Batman the Animated Series.

Fuckin Prime got the hookup. Cool

I don't recall ever watching a full episode of Hercules, or Xena. Could never get it into it.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/17/2024, 4:01 pm

joey con carne wrote:If you have TSA Precheck you can use a different line to go through airport security where you don’t have to take off shoes or jacket or take out your laptop from your bag. Usually, if there is a full body xray scanner thing, you can also skip that and just go through a metal detector instead.

Interesting! I don't know if I'll ever need to use it but it's good to be aware of. Thanks!
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/17/2024, 5:31 pm

Rusty wrote:I don't recall ever watching a full episode of Hercules, or Xena. Could never get it into it.

I can't say that I watched Hercules on the regular back in the 90's but I never missed an episode of Xena. 10 year old Wylde was in love with Lucy Lawless.  Cool

I feel like if you enjoyed Sam Raimi's 80s movies then you're already used to the aesthetic of Hercules and Xena. Raimi loves practical effects, prosthetics and wire work, skulls, bones, creepy little monsters and anything else you saw in Army of Darkness. 

What amused me was seeing a very young Rose McIver as the very first creature Hercules fights in his first movie and then a few movies later she was recast as the daughter of Hercules. Lots of other familiar faces too like Anthony Quinn and Tawny Kitaen.

I'll acknowledge they're not for everyone and it's been over 25 years since I last saw either an episode of series so I'm checking them out more of curiosity than any plans to actually commit to full series rewatches.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 1/17/2024, 8:24 pm

WyldeMan wrote:
I can't say that I watched Hercules on the regular back in the 90's but I never missed an episode of Xena. 10 year old Wylde was in love with Lucy Lawless.  Cool

I feel like if you enjoyed Sam Raimi's 80s movies then you're already used to the aesthetic of Hercules and Xena. Raimi loves practical effects, prosthetics and wire work, skulls, bones, creepy little monsters and anything else you saw in Army of Darkness. 

What amused me was seeing a very young Rose McIver as the very first creature Hercules fights in his first movie and then a few movies later she was recast as the daughter of Hercules. Lots of other familiar faces too like Anthony Quinn and Tawny Kitaen.

I'll acknowledge they're not for everyone and it's been over 25 years since I last saw either an episode of series so I'm checking them out more of curiosity than any plans to actually commit to full series rewatches.

I've got to confess I've never seen Army of Darkness or any of the Evil Dead titles. I've seen bits of Army of Darkness, but can't remember watching it all.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/18/2024, 7:59 am

Rusty wrote:I've got to confess I've never seen Army of Darkness or any of the Evil Dead titles. I've seen bits of Army of Darkness, but can't remember watching it all.

Oh I see then I don't know if I would recommend jumping into the work of Raimi in your 30's if you didn't grow up on em. Like Tim Burton, Raimi has a very specific aesthetic that you either like or you don't.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 1/18/2024, 3:01 pm

Are you guys going to pay the extra money for ad-free Prime? I am. Not going to pay. I refuse!

I gotz to finish Reacher season 2 before they implement the fee. Will probably finish it by Saturday.

I loved Hercules and Xena. It’s a shame I definitely won’t be able to finish those in time.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/18/2024, 3:15 pm

joey con carne wrote:Are you guys going to pay the extra money for ad-free Prime? I am. Not going to pay. I refuse!

I gotz to finish Reacher season 2 before they implement the fee. Will probably finish it by Saturday.

I loved Hercules and Xena. It’s a shame I definitely won’t be able to finish those in time.

Are you telling me they are upping the Prime fee AGAIN?? It goes up 2 or 3 times per year and now they're charging more because they're going to add commercials to force another price increase?? How much more money does that greedy cunt Jeff Bezos need?

I haven't heard anything about this latest increase but Prime is pretty much my main streaming service and I do not do commercials.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 1/18/2024, 6:53 pm

They are not actually increasing Prime ….. exactly. Prime is still $140 a year. But, they are adding commercials to Prime Videos which you can now eiminate by paying $3 plus tax per month. However, it is not yet clear if the ads will merely just be at the beginning of the movie/episode or if there will be ads in the show while you watch.

So you can still take advantage of the Prime membership at $140 a year but unless you want to bypass ads, you’ll need to pay an extra $3 a month effectively making Prime cost $176 a year if you want you want to watch Prime videos ad-free.

This begins on January 29, according to the email I received.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 1/18/2024, 7:22 pm

joey con carne wrote:They are not actually increasing Prime ….. exactly. Prime is still $140 a year. But, they are adding commercials to Prime Videos which you can now eiminate by paying $3 plus tax per month. However, it is not yet clear if the ads will merely just be at the beginning of the movie/episode or if there will be ads in the show while you watch.

So you can still take advantage of the Prime membership at $140 a year but unless you want to bypass ads, you’ll need to pay an extra $3 a month effectively making Prime cost $176 a year if you want you want to watch Prime videos ad-free.

This begins on January 29, according to the email I received.

Prime Video here has had ads for some time, though it's only ever a trailer for one of their shows, and it's only at the beginning of whatever you're about to watch.

Is that what they're going to do or are they actually adding commercials for products etc?
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 1/18/2024, 8:52 pm

I have seen those ads in the beginning of some shows and movies. Those are totally skippable. They are implementing unskippable add and I have to guess it wiuld be real ads to generate revenue and not just promotions for their other shows/movies that are produced by Amarzon.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 1/19/2024, 2:59 am

joey con carne wrote:I have seen those ads in the beginning of some shows and movies. Those are totally skippable. They are implementing unskippable add and I have to guess it wiuld be real ads to generate revenue and not just promotions for their other shows/movies that are produced by Amarzon.

I just did some Google-Fu and seems that the standard plan will include commercials during the show/movie. You have to pony up the extra few $ per month to be ad free. Absolute cunt move. No mention of when/if it hits Australia.

I'll ask, do you have a dedicated Prime Video subscription? or do you have an overall Amarzon Prime subscription in which Prime Video is included? I have the latter.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 1/19/2024, 11:04 am

I have the same as you. I pay $140 a year so i can take advantage of the Prime shipping. The Prime Videos is an extra for me.

I like my Prime because I am grandfathered into an older setup where I share my account with my brudda as a “household” member and he has access to everything I purchased on Amarzon and I have access to his digital purchases. Also we have our own separate payment methods. I think new household accounts all share same payment method.

Still, I find Prime shipping to be very good because I live in a very populated area. I read a lot of complaints on bluray dot com but I feel like most of those complaints are more of a “i hate Amarzon because they are so rich/too popular so it is cool to be part of the minority that hates on them” kind of thing.

Also, speaking of Hoicules and Xena, I wonder if Vanishing Son, which aired back to back with Hoicules, will come to streaming. That was the bee’s knees when it aired together.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 1/19/2024, 10:21 pm

WyldeMan wrote:
UltimateMarvel wrote:

Good question! lol.

With a set a keys. Unless you know he's a baby magician.

Wait so you can just buy access to an express lane at the airport that allows you to circumvent security like you're a hot girl at a night club?

I can't imagine any scenario where this isn't being exploited.
TSA PreCheck is basically a background check. I have it, need to renew this year actually. It’s pretty great most of the time, but it’s taken off and sometimes the regular line is shorter. I like not having to take as much off/out though.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 1/20/2024, 7:29 am

Yes, Tyger is 100% correct and mentioned the one detail that was most important. It is a background check on you. You get fingerprinted, photographed, and they run you through whatever systems they have.

They do the same with Global Entry. Fingerprinted, photographed, and processed.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/20/2024, 3:51 pm

joey con carne wrote:Yes, Tyger is 100% correct and mentioned the one detail that was most important. It is a background check on you. You get fingerprinted, photographed, and they run you through whatever systems they have.

They do the same with Global Entry. Fingerprinted, photographed, and processed.

So terrorists can't employ talented hackers to beat government databases?

I'm probably overthinking this shit, besides because I used to build airplanes, over a decade ago I refused to ever fly again.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/20/2024, 10:39 pm

I keep rewatching Katt's Williams' crazy fuckin interview / three hour comedy special. This ain't goin away, I think it's hilariously awesome that January 2024 has been the month of Katt. I've never seen any celebrity interview blow up like this over 52 million views in just three weeks. I love watching all those overrated bastards squirming after being outed and so far nobody has issued any kind of a real denials, just a whole lot of lawsuit threatening which tells me all I need to know. This story is still trending everywhere weeks later.

And that diss track aimed at Luda where he out rapped and out shined him on podcast with Suge Knight from prison had me in fuckin stitches! 

“I’m coming for your number one spot / One of us a killer and the other one is not / One of us the realest and the other one a fraud”  Razz Razz Razz

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next