BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Thoughts

5 posters

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Go down

METOO - Random Thoughts - Page 12 Empty Re: Random Thoughts

Post by WyldeMan 5/8/2024, 8:30 pm

Rusty wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:

Damn, sounds like a great use of time. Cool

It is.  Cool

Also managed to finish the first season of Magnum PI (the original). I bought the complete boxset on Bluray, and it's fucking fantastic.

Awesome. I've still never Magnum all the way through. 

It's been on my list for years but until it hits streaming without commercials I'll just keep waiting, like I've also been doing on a Miami Vice rewatch.

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 5/8/2024, 8:48 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Yup, I'm good. Just been doing a lot of outdoor projects and planting this week.

Rusty wrote:I'm down at the river.  It's rained for most of the past few days, and I have spent my time wisely, relaxing by the fire reading a book and listening to the rain hitting the roof. Very Happy

So, you guys are telling me you're out there living life? THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS!!! Laughing No, glad you guys are enjoying yourselves.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/8/2024, 9:41 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:Yup, I'm good. Just been doing a lot of outdoor projects and planting this week.

Rusty wrote:I'm down at the river.  It's rained for most of the past few days, and I have spent my time wisely, relaxing by the fire reading a book and listening to the rain hitting the roof. Very Happy

So, you guys are telling me you're out there living life? THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS!!! Laughing No, glad you guys are enjoying yourselves.

Yup, we're both a couple of crazy bastards respectively doing our own stuff IRL and not even taking pics to prove it. It's mental!!!!! Razz

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 5/9/2024, 1:26 am

WyldeMan wrote:

It's been on my list for years but until it hits streaming without commercials I'll just keep waiting, like I've also been doing on a Miami Vice rewatch.

Miami Vice is next on my series-to-buy list. It's out on Blu, just waiting for a price drop.

None of the great 80's shows I grew up on are on streaming, or even regular TV here. They're not even on paid cable and haven't been for years. Magnum PI, Miami Vice, Starsky & Hutch, Dukes of Hazzard, A-Team etc. If it's even available, chances are it's just iTunes, which is generally a poorer quality. Thankfully a few have popped up on Blu in the US and UK.

Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/9/2024, 3:34 pm

Rusty wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:

Miami Vice is next on my series-to-buy list. It's out on Blu, just waiting for a price drop.

None of the great 80's shows I grew up on are on streaming, or even regular TV here. They're not even on paid cable and haven't been for years. Magnum PI, Miami Vice, Starsky & Hutch, Dukes of Hazzard, A-Team etc.  If it's even available, chances are it's just iTunes, which is generally a poorer quality. Thankfully a few have popped up on Blu in the US and UK.

Miami and Magnum are available on FreeVee here but that feels like blasphemy to watch them with commercials, forty years later.

I believe Starsky and Hutch is on Prime now but I've yet to come across A-Team streaming anywhere. It used to air daily on Starz but it's been years since I've seen it anywhere.

Unfortunately, I doubt the Dukes of Hazzard will ever hit streaming because of the endless snowflake parade that would happen over the General Lee.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 5/9/2024, 9:04 pm

WyldeMan wrote:
Miami and Magnum are available on FreeVee here but that feels like blasphemy to watch them with commercials, forty years later.

I believe Starsky and Hutch is on Prime now but I've yet to come across A-Team streaming anywhere. It used to air daily on Starz but it's been years since I've seen it anywhere.

Unfortunately, I doubt the Dukes of Hazzard will ever hit streaming because of the endless snowflake parade that would happen over the General Lee.

I know after Dukes got "cancelled", CMT in the US had marathon airings of it. They actively promoted it but I'm not sure it airs any more.

I think they're just old and forgotten. Any fan likely owns them on DVD, and anyone else has more than enough NCIS/CSI/Law & Order episodes to last well beyond their lifetime.

Magnum's great in HD. Hawaii is a perfect setting, and the woman are insanely hot. Twisted Evil
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/15/2024, 5:04 pm

‘South Park: The End Of Obesity’ Sets Paramount+ Premiere Date

Paramount+ announced on Wednesday that South Park: The End of Obesity, its latest South Park exclusive event, will premiere in the U.S. and Canada on Friday, May 24, debuting in the U.K., Australia, Latin America, Brazil, France, Italy, Germany, Switzerland and Austria the following day.

Produced by MTV Entertainment Studios, The End of Obesity watches as the advent of new weight loss drugs has a huge impact on everyone in South Park. When Cartman is denied access to the life-changing medicine, the kids jump into action. Check out a teaser above.

Presumably playing off the recent popularity of Ozempic as a weight loss drug, the special event comes on the heels of six others — South Park: Post Covid, South Park: Post Covid: The Return of Covid, South Park The Streaming Wars, South Park The Streaming Wars Part 2, South Park: Joining the Panderverse and the recently released South Park (Not Suitable for Children), all of which are currently available to stream exclusively on Paramount+.

On the air since 1997, the hit animated comedy South Park celebrated its 25th anniversary in 2022. Building on MTV Entertainment Studios’ expansive deal with co-creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone, the show has been renewed on Comedy Central through 2027, taking cable’s longest-running scripted series through an unprecedented 30th season.

Parker and Stone are also executive producers on the series, along with Anne Garefino and Frank C. Agnone II. Eric Stough, Adrien Beard, Bruce Howell and Vernon Chatman serve as producers and Christopher Brion is the Creative Director of South Park Digital Studios.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12