BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Thoughts

5 posters

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

METOO - Random Thoughts - Page 4 Empty Re: Random Thoughts

Post by WyldeMan 9/29/2023, 3:32 pm

Netflix Has Shipped Its Final DVD! What Was It?

Twenty-five years (…and a few months) after the launch of its iconic DVDs-by-mail business, Netflix shipped out its final little red sleeve on Friday.

The first DVD mailed out by Netflix back in April 1998 was Beetlejuice; the last one to go out was a copy of True Grit, the 2010 Western directed by Joel and Ethan Coen.

Netflix’s DVD business was a robust one through 2006. And I’m sure scores of you remember it well. In 2007, Netflix began offering “video on demand” via the Internet — aka streaming. And the rest, as they say, is buffering history.

“Today, after 25 years, we ship our last DVD,” Netflix CEO Ted Sarandos shared on Friday via Instagram, along with photos of the DVD assembly line and such. “It was a huge honor to join the incredible DVD team in Fremont this week to thank them for being a part something that changed people’s lives.

“Those iconic red envelopes were so loved that we shipped more than 5 billion of them to cities and towns, big and small that otherwise would have had no access to the variety of films and television shows we made available,” Sarandos added. “Thank you to all of our members and DVD employees for 25 history making years!”

In response to Sarandos’ IG, Mindy Kaling quipped, “Nooooo! I once shot a scene on The Office where my character is authoritatively explaining the Netflix DVD mail in system to Ryan. Now it’s a cultural artifact!!! I’m old!”

Fellow TV vet John Stamos, meanwhile, let slip that he still has a handful of discs left to return.. or not. (Netflix told any such “squatters” back in August, “Please enjoy them for as long as you like! If you do choose to return the disc, we will continue to accept returns until October 27.”)

“I still have three I haven’t returned yet,” Stamos commented. “Vegas Vacation, Snakes on a Plane and Never Too Young to Die starring a young John Stamos and Gene Simons [sic].”

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 9/30/2023, 8:23 pm

WyldeMan wrote:[center]Netflix has several upcoming projects that I'm actually interested in seeing, this is a new feeling...

I posted Fair Play in New and Upcoming Releases (VOD or Theatrical) in Movies. I'm going to check it out along with The Fall of the House of Usher and Old Dads.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/1/2023, 9:51 pm

I hope Joey is doin okay...

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 10/1/2023, 10:59 pm

WyldeMan wrote:
I hope Joey is doin okay...

Holy fuck! Stay safe Joey.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 10/2/2023, 2:01 pm

Holla hollaaaaa I'm okay! Thankfully, where I am now just had a bunch of rain but no leaking. My madre and brudda's house were also spared from any flooding. Some places here in NY got f'd up really bad (as you guys have seen in that video).

When it was raining here it legit looked like someone turned on a huge faucet outside at times. It was pretty nuts.

Did any of you guys know there's a new iCarly show on Paramount Plus now? Watched a few episodes this weekend. Never seen a show with zero conflict before.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/2/2023, 6:00 pm

joey con carne wrote:Holla hollaaaaa I'm okay! Thankfully, where I am now just had a bunch of rain but no leaking. My madre and brudda's house were also spared from any flooding. Some places here in NY got f'd up really bad (as you guys have seen in that video).

When it was raining here it legit looked like someone turned on a huge faucet outside at times. It was pretty nuts.

Did any of you guys know there's a new iCarly show on Paramount Plus now? Watched a few episodes this weekend. Never seen a show with zero conflict before.

Good to know you're still surviving. I was worried you might have been trapped in a flooding tunnel like Sylvester Stallone in Daylight.

I've never seen an episode of iCarly but a show without conflict must be so calming to millennials. Everybody must be totally woke, gender fluid, non-toxic, multi-ethnic and nobody with their own opinions or identities, nothing confrontational or upsetting just easy viewing for today's gentle audience.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 10/2/2023, 8:14 pm

That's crazy! Glad you're ok Joey! I'm seeing a lot of flooded cars too. Does insurance cover that?
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/3/2023, 10:00 am

‘Silent Night’ Trailer: John Woo Directs Joel Kinnaman In Holiday Revenge Action Flick
Lionsgate just dropped a trailer for John Woo’s Silent Night. Written by Robert Archer Lynn, the film stars Joel Kinnaman with Catalina Sandino Moreno and Scott “Kid Cudi” Mescudi.

This violent revenge tale follows a tormented father (Kinnaman) who witnesses his young son die when caught in a gang’s crossfire on Christmas Eve. While recovering from a wound that costs him his voice, he makes vengeance his life’s mission and embarks on a punishing training regimen in order to avenge his son’s death. With virtually no dialogue throughout the entire film, Silent Night showcases Kinnaman’s acting encased in this family drama.

Woo helmed a number of Hong Kong actioners, including classics starring Chow Yun-Fat, before coming to Hollywood to direct such thrillers as Hard Target, Broken Arrow, Face/Off and Mission: Impossible 2. Silent Night is his first U.S. directing turn since 2003’s Paycheck.

Producers include Woo, Basil Iwanyk, Erica Lee, Christian Mercuri, and Lori Tilkin. Will Flynn, Mike Gabrawy, Joe Gatta, Ruzanna Kegeyan, Tony Mark, and Roman Viaris-de-Lesegno serve as executive producers.

Lionsgate has slated Silent Night to open in theaters on December 1 — just in time for the holidays.  

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 10/3/2023, 6:49 pm

That looks good. Loved John Woo flicks back in the day, and Kinnaman rarely disappoints.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 10/3/2023, 7:29 pm

Cool! Just Kinnaman on a revenge spree. Reminds me of Death Sentence with Kevin Bacon, that was a great movie!
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/3/2023, 8:21 pm

Rusty wrote:That looks good. Loved John Woo flicks back in the day, and Kinnaman rarely disappoints.

Silent Night will kick off the latest emerging movie trend about silent vigilantes. I've read of a few others coming within the next year that also utilize this for a plot device. One is Boy Kills World with Bill Skarsgard and the other is Azrael starring Samara Weaving. I'm looking forward to all three of these movies.

I wonder if Woo still does slow-mo doves and double pistol shootouts. I haven't watched the Silent Night trailer yet but I hope to see both of these things prominently featured. Razz

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 10/4/2023, 4:01 pm

That looks great. I like Joel Kinnaman. Wasnt he in another movie where his character’s son dies?

edit: looked up the film on IMDb and holy shit it is directed by Juan Woo! I thought he was just involved somehow but this is a nice surprise.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/4/2023, 10:23 pm

joey con carne wrote:That looks great. I like Joel Kinnaman. Wasnt he in another movie where his character’s son dies?

edit: looked up the film on IMDb and holy shit it is directed by Juan Woo! I thought he was just involved somehow but this is a nice surprise.

I haven't seen too many of Kinnaman's movies so I can't tell you if he's done this plot before. However it seems that most of the movies in the revenge genre are typically about a presumed dead parent revenging a dead kid. I can give many examples over the decades though Guy Ritchie and Statham's Wrath of Man is an excellent recent example of the genre.

Yes, Silent Night is the first American movie that Woo has directed in twenty years. Though I thought his career ended when Affleck bounced his Paycheck in 2003. I had no idea Woo returned home and kept working over there.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/5/2023, 11:07 pm

‘Taylor Swift: Eras Tour’ Film Surpasses $100 Million in Advance Ticket Sales
METOO - Random Thoughts - Page 4 Buk_8710
Taylor Swift‘s “Eras Tour” concert film is breaking records before it even hits theaters.

With a week until the movie graces the big screen, it has surpassed $100 million worldwide in advance ticket sales, according to its official distributor AMC Theatres. These revenues encompass all showtimes, locations and circuits playing “Eras Tour” across the globe, not just AMC locations.

Swift’s concert film, which captures her record-breaking stadium tour, opens in theaters on Oct. 13 — to coincide with the pop star’s lucky number — and will screen in 8,500 cinemas across 100 countries.

With this momentum, it’s poised to land one of the biggest debuts of the year. Industry experts believe “Eras Tour” could surpass $100 million in just North America (the current figure for advance ticket sales includes the international box office) during opening weekend, which would be unprecedented business for a concert film. Only five films in 2023 — “Barbie” ($162 million), “The Super Mario Bros. Movie” ($146 million), “Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse” ($120 million), “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3” ($118 million) and “Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania” ($106 million) — have generated at least $100 million in their domestic debuts.

Swift’s “Eras Tour” has been shattering expectations since tickets first went on sale. It set a single-day ticket sales record for AMC Theatres with $26 million in North America, besting the all-time benchmark previously held by “Spider-Man: No Way Home” ($16.9 million). Advance ticket sales are particularly strong in premium large-screen formats like Imax and Dolby Cinema, according to AMC.

“Taylor Swift: The Eras Tour” will play at least four showtimes per day on Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays at every AMC theater location in the United States. The cinema chain promises it will “continue to take steps to reach agreements with additional cinema operators throughout the world to play this spectacular Taylor Swift tour-de-force.”

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/7/2023, 10:11 am

Holy fuck....

The Taliban have announced that they have asked Iran, Iraq and Jordan to grant them passage to Israel. They have stated that their intent is to "conquer Jerusalem”. 

The loudspeakers from Mosques all across Jerusalem are right now calling on Muslims to rise up and wage a "Holy War" against Israel.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 10/7/2023, 5:29 pm

I like some of Taylor Swift's songs. Wasn't planning on watching Eras Tour but I just might because everybody can't stop talking about Taylor Swift. So much that it's becoming annoying. Aliens from space are talking about her. lol

WyldeMan wrote:Holy fuck....

The Taliban have announced that they have asked Iran, Iraq and Jordan to grant them passage to Israel. They have stated that their intent is to "conquer Jerusalem”. 

The loudspeakers from Mosques all across Jerusalem are right now calling on Muslims to rise up and wage a "Holy War" against Israel.

I have been offline the whole day, craziest shit I've read today to say the least.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 10/8/2023, 5:01 am

Just found out The Asylum released a movie called “Megaladon: The Frenzy over the summer. This one stars Eric Roberts. Looks awful. Gotta watch it. Trailer below:

joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 10/8/2023, 1:21 pm

joey con carne wrote:Just found out The Asylum released a movie called “Megaladon: The Frenzy over the summer. This one stars Eric Roberts. Looks awful. Gotta watch it. Trailer below:

Joey, why do you do this to yourself? Laughing
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 10/8/2023, 3:44 pm

These movies give me comfort. : )

Weird, I know. But I really do enjoy The Asylum movies. I have their channel on Pluto streaming all day while I work.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 10/8/2023, 7:25 pm

Yeah that looks terrible. Hope I can find a way to watch it. Mainly for the redhead.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/8/2023, 9:21 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:I like some of Taylor Swift's songs. Wasn't planning on watching Eras Tour but I just might because everybody can't stop talking about Taylor Swift. So much that it's becoming annoying. Aliens from space are talking about her. lolage a "Holy War" against Israel.

Swifty is a mother fuckin business monster. She's got an expensive sold out world tour that she also filmed costing her probably only the camera rentals and then sold that concert to AMC instead of going through the studios and she will keep the lion's share of the profits meanwhile she's already passed $100 million in PRE-SALES. And that's not even getting into all of her other revenue streams like her actual music career, not just the movies about them. Like I've said before, regardless of how we feel about her  music which I still know very little about, you can't knock her hustle cause she's a god damned money monster and she's still in her early 30s.  Shocked

UltimateMarvel wrote:I have been offline the whole day, craziest shit I've read today to say the least.

Israel is at war and the footage has already been horrific. 

I massive security blunder like this doesn't just happen, it's allowed to happen.

I was just stunned when details first came out and they talked about how Hamas used the endless rocket bombardment on the city as cover to hang glide their attack force inside the city. That is fucking insane....

joey con carne wrote:Just found out The Asylum released a movie called “Megaladon: The Frenzy over the summer. This one stars Eric Roberts. Looks awful. Gotta watch it. Trailer below:

It makes me sad to see just how very far Eric Roberts career has fallen but I'm also happy that he's still booking work. Over the past month I watched Gypsy King, Coca-Cola Kid, Best of the Best and The Pope of Greenwich Village and it was a nice reminder that Roberts once had a very solid career through the 80's.

joey con carne wrote:These movies give me comfort. : )

Weird, I know. But I really do enjoy The Asylum movies. I have their channel on Pluto streaming all day while I work.

Joey is a Movie Masochist, the more suffering he endures by watching these wretched movies the more pleasure he experiences. 

Rusty wrote:Yeah that looks terrible. Hope I can find a way to watch it. Mainly for the redhead.

You had my attention at redhead... Twisted Evil

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 10/9/2023, 5:12 am

WyldeMan wrote:Swifty is a mother fuckin business monster. She's got an expensive sold out world tour that she also filmed costing her probably only the camera rentals and then sold that concert to AMC instead of going through the studios and she will keep the lion's share of the profits meanwhile she's already passed $100 million in PRE-SALES. And that's not even getting into all of her other revenue streams like her actual music career, not just the movies about them. Like I've said before, regardless of how we feel about her  music which I still know very little about, you can't knock her hustle cause she's a god damned money monster and she's still in her early 30s.  Shocked

Have you guys read about the situation with her recording masters? If you haven't read about it or know what I'm talking about, I'll try to sum it up in as easy as possible. I will likely leave out some details but the gist is below.

A guy named Scooter Braun bought out her old record label called Big Machine. This made him the owner of all material of Taylor Swift that Big Machine copyrighted including the masters and music videos. So this guy thought it would be a great idea to hold it all hostage and try to force Taylor Swift into a shitty deal to make him a lot more money. Taylor Swift tried to negotiate a price for all her work and Scooter told her to go fuck herself.

So Taylor pulls the ultimate "eat my shit and enjoy it” move and tells all her fans to go ahead and completely stop buying ANYTHING related to her old albums and also bury the YouTube videos by downvoting them and not listening to anything on Spotify or any streaming music services.

Taylor then proceeds to start re-recording all six of her albums from Big Machine to bypass the whole copyright stuff. They call it "synchronization". And to get people to buy her re-recorded albums, she adds like 10 of 15 extra un-released tracks on her albums and appends the names of the albums with "Taylor's Version" so people know to listen to those and buy those.

It has completely worked. Her old masters are now basically worthless and I believe Disney owns them and they even tried to work out something with Taylor to partner up and she was like "Nah, I'm good."

She has so far released three Taylor's Versions and another is coming at the end of October. She is so badass as a businesswoman. I hope she continues to make money and everyone who tried to screw her gets theirs.

WyldeMan wrote:It makes me sad to see just how very far Eric Roberts career has fallen but I'm also happy that he's still booking work. Over the past month I watched Gypsy King, Coca-Cola Kid, Best of the Best and The Pope of Greenwich Village and it was a nice reminder that Roberts once had a very solid career through the 80's.

I always thought Ron Perlman had a lot of IMDb credits. Just checked now and he has 271 as of this post. Eric Roberts? 678. His IMDb shows he has 44 credits in 2022 alone. Yes, I counted. That seems like a lot and just incredible.

WyldeMan wrote:Joey is a Movie Masochist, the more suffering he endures by watching these wretched movies the more pleasure he experiences.

I don't know what's wrong with me. I need help.

Rusty wrote:Yeah that looks terrible. Hope I can find a way to watch it. Mainly for the redhead.

Hell yea, man. If I can find it on a free stream I'll post it. I do know Australia has different licensing contracts, of course. Let the hunt begin!
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 10/9/2023, 7:13 pm

I know about Taylor's version. I think she made a smart move there. Not easy to re-do everything again but she did it so good for her.

joey con carne wrote:I don't know what's wrong with me. I need help.

Acknowledging you have a problem is the first step. Unfortunately, there is no cure for this illness. Twisted Evil
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/9/2023, 7:28 pm

joey con carne wrote:Have you guys read about the situation with her recording masters? If you haven't read about it or know what I'm talking about, I'll try to sum it up in as easy as possible. I will likely leave out some details but the gist is below.

Whenever someone thinks its a good idea to fuck with Swift, she lets them know just how bad of an idea it was. The deal she cut with AMC showed a lot of other musicians and  professionals that they don't really need the studios to promote their projects. She treats these big time mother fuckers like they're Japan and she's Gojira. 

joey con carne wrote:I always thought Ron Perlman had a lot of IMDb credits. Just checked now and he has 271 as of this post. Eric Roberts? 678. His IMDb shows he has 44 credits in 2022 alone. Yes, I counted. That seems like a lot and just incredible.

Holy fuck! I've seen probably 25 of those 678 movies. Shocked  

joey con carne wrote:
joey con carne wrote:I don't know what's wrong with me. I need help.

Acknowledging you have a problem is the first step. Unfortunately, there is no cure for this illness. Twisted Evil

I already told you, you are a "Movie Masochist". I bet you've even self-flagellated like Paul Bettany in DaVinci Code while watching one of the Sharknados.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/9/2023, 7:35 pm

It’s Official: WGA and Studios End Months-Long Strike With New Deal
METOO - Random Thoughts - Page 4 Writer11
A vast majority of Writers Guild of America members voted to ratify a new contract with the Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers Monday, bringing an official end to the WGA’s 146-day-long strike.

“We are pleased to announce that 99% of WGA members have voted in favor of ratifying the 2023 MBA,” the WGA said in a statement. “Of the 8,525 valid votes cast there were 8,435 ‘yes’ votes and 90 ‘no’ votes (1%). The term of the agreement is from September 25, 2023 through May 1, 2026.”

In a note to members, the WGA thanked its still-striking “SAG-AFTRA siblings who have supported writers every step of the way,” adding, “We call upon the AMPTP to negotiate a deal that addresses the needs of performers.”

On Sept. 24, the WGA posted a message to its membership signaling that it had “reached a tentative agreement” on a new Minimum Basic Agreement, “which is to say an agreement in principle on all deal points, subject to drafting final contract language.” The news came as a welcome, if cautious, bit of hope to the guild’s writers, who had walked picket lines for months.

“We have reached a tentative agreement on a new 2023 MBA, which is to say an agreement in principle on all deal points, subject to drafting final contract language,” the WGA posted in a message to its members at the time.

“We can say, with great pride, that this deal is exceptional,” the statement later continued, “with meaningful gains and protections for writers in every sector of the membership.”

The WGA, which represents Hollywood movie and TV writers, went on strike in May. Among the writers’ demands: better residuals from streaming shows, minimum staff sizes to prevent the use of “mini rooms” and protections from the use of AI.

The actors’ guild SAG-AFTRA also chose to strike in July, citing many of the same demands as the WGA. That strike is ongoing.

The dual strikes have brought the TV world to a virtual standstill, with no shows being written or filmed and the networks’ fall TV lineups being decimated as a result.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 10/11/2023, 3:04 am

Not surprising the Writers deal got finalised first. Being that writers are more inline with creators, it makes sense they had an easier time of negotiating better money for created content.

I think the SAG will have a harder time because a significant amount of actors seem a little out of touch with reality. I know actors like to think of themselves as artists (creatives), but they truly are hired independent contractors. They come in, they get paid to do a job that someone else tells them how to do, in costumes someone else creates and makes, and then they leave. The smart ones, or at least the ones with good agents, know that if they truly do contribute to the work, or their likeness is what's being sold/promoted, they negotiate more money by insisting on a producers credit.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/11/2023, 9:37 am

Rusty wrote:Not surprising the Writers deal got finalised first. Being that writers are more inline with creators, it makes sense they had an easier time of negotiating better money for created content.

I think the SAG will have a harder time because a significant amount of actors seem a little out of touch with reality. I know actors like to think of themselves as artists (creatives), but they truly are hired independent contractors. They come in, they get paid to do a job that someone else tells them how to do, in costumes someone else creates and makes, and then they leave. The smart ones, or at least the ones with good agents, know that if they truly do contribute to the work, or their likeness is what's being sold/promoted, they negotiate more money by insisting on a producers credit.

Watching actors do talk shows is like watching a dog show where the animal knows its being judged and just wants to look perfect so it can earn a treat for making it's masters look good. They're trained circus performers who rarely have anything of interest to say, let alone think. There are obvious exceptions, the same names we discuss here again and again but they are still far and few in between all the nuts hanging around Hollywood. 90% of the today's "talent" could never work again and I probably wouldn't even notice. The best of the best will always rise to the top and the rest will just fade away, it's how the industry has always been run and always will be run. These publicly discussed deals are for just that, keeping up appearances. These new terms aren't going to change the way the business is run, not even a little bit.

I wish these actors and writers the best in their future endeavors and I'm sure they will all get what they've got coming to 'em.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 10/11/2023, 7:58 pm

New South Park. Oct 27.

Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/11/2023, 9:03 pm

Rusty wrote:New South Park. Oct 27.

Oh hell yeah! Cool

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/12/2023, 5:43 pm

‘The Walking Dead: The Ones Who Live’: AMC Drops New Trailer For Spinoff Premiering In February
AMC unveiled a fresh sneak peek Thursday of The Walking Dead: The Ones Who Live, the latest Dead spinoff that features Andrew Lincoln and Danai Gurira reprising their roles as Rick and Michonne.

At today’s New York Comic-Con, the network revealed that a few famous faces will also show up in the new series that premieres in February. Pollyanna McIntosh will return as Jadis from The Walking Dead; Lost‘s Terry O’Quinn will play Beale, and Matt Jeffries will show up at Matt. They join the previously announced Lesley-Ann Brandt as Pearl.

The Walking Dead: The Ones Who Live presents an epic love story of two characters changed by a changed world. Rick and Michonne are thrown into another world, built on a war against the dead…and ultimately, a war against the living. Can they find each other and who they were in a place and situation unlike any they’ve ever known before? Are they enemies? Lovers? Victims? Victors?  Without each other, are they even alive — or will they find that they, too, are the Walking Dead?

Scott M. Gimple, who is Chief Content Officer of The Walking Dead Universe, serves as showrunner and executive producer alongside Lincoln, Gurira, Denise Huth and Brian Bockrath.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 10/16/2023, 9:46 pm

Did anyone pick up anything useful on Prime Day last week? Finally had some deals on things I needed/wanted.

Picked up a NOCO Boost HD lithium battery jumper pack for my Chev. It can also charge my phone, Macbook, camera, etc which is good for when I get a blackout down at the river. It was 45% off.

Grabbed Yellowstone S4 and 1883 Blu's for less than half price.

And although not on Prime, I grabbed the UK release of The Shield complete series on Blu off eBay for a bargain, and it was a local seller with stock, so saved me a bunch on shipping.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 10/18/2023, 8:01 am

I bought a couple things. Got a BISSELL Little Green Multi-Purpose Portable Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner and a Baby Foot Japanese foot moisturizer.

Need the Bissell to wetvac my couch and my heels have some callouses. Last time I used the Baby Foot was maybe 2017 and it was really good. Hoping it helps again.

Will be wetvaccing my couch this weekend and shudder to think about how gross the water coming out of there will be.

This holiday, I am planning on getting two 4TB NVMe drives to add to my computer so I can retire my spinning hard drives that I use for all my music and movies. This will also allow me to remove my remaining hard drive cage in my PC case to allow better air flow. And speaking of air flow, I plan on upgrading the fans in my case as well to further increase air flow and decrease noise. Very exciting times, friends.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/18/2023, 7:52 pm

Burt Young has died at 83 years old.

RIP Paulie Pennino...

METOO - Random Thoughts - Page 4 Rocky-10

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 10/25/2023, 3:15 am

Five days and not a single post? Damn. Hope everyone is doing OK.

As for me?

Streaming has become such an unreliable source for content lately with content either being removed, or jumping services. Now that I officially have a 4K TV and a PS5, it's time to get back into physical media.

A local chain had a recent 4K '2 for 1' special, so I decided to grab some 4K goodness.

Some Nolan:
  • Interstellar
    Batman Begins
    The Dark Knight
    The Dark Knight Rises

Some Tarantino:
  • Pulp Fiction
    Inglourious Basterds

Some Ridley/Russ collab's:
  • Gladiator
    Robin Hood

Some Baysplosion's:
  • 13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers Of Benghazi

... and a classic:
  • The Outsiders
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/25/2023, 9:36 pm

Rusty wrote:Five days and not a single post? Damn. Hope everyone is doing OK.

As for me?

Streaming has become such an unreliable source for content lately with content either being removed, or jumping services. Now that I officially have a 4K TV and a PS5, it's time to get back into physical media.

Some Ridley/Russ collab's:
  • Gladiator
    Robin Hood

Well I'm still alive but I can't speak for the others. 

I haven't been online too much the last two weeks other than working on my family's genealogy. I first started it back in 2000 when I was 15 years old and every few years I like to check back in and see what Ancestry.com and their many amazing sites like newspapers.com and fold3.com have added and it's been keeping me busy with all the latest findings. Have you ever tracked your family genealogy? I discovered many impressive and historical figures from both sides of my family that nobody on either side had ever known about over the course of my 23 years of research. I was able to chart exactly when all of my ancestors first crossed the water and when they all first came to America in the late 1600's and early 1700's. Wild times and incredible stories really bring these long dead ancestors to life.

Anyways, not to derail your question any further than I already have, I just watched Ridley Scott's Robin Hood on Netflix yesterday. I was pretty impressed with it and wondered why I hadn't seen it in more than once in decade. Too bad they didn't continue the story though, it was a solid beginning to a franchise that never was. 

I've also been considering a jump back into physical media because among the reasons you stated, I'm also really tired of all the editing being done to content over PC Babies constant bitching. I can't find a lot of movies that I love and I'm still pissed the fuck off over the censoring of Community and the total inability to watch one of my all-time favorite episodes from the series. I'll never get over why they feel the right to remove something like it doesn't exist because it offended someone. All they gotta do is not fucking watch what offends them or you know they could just grow the fuck up.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 10/25/2023, 11:10 pm

WyldeMan wrote:

Well I'm still alive but I can't speak for the others. 

I haven't been online too much the last two weeks other than working on my family's genealogy. I first started it back in 2000 when I was 15 years old and every few years I like to check back in and see what Ancestry.com and their many amazing sites like newspapers.com and fold3.com have added and it's been keeping me busy with all the latest findings. Have you ever tracked your family genealogy? I discovered many impressive and historical figures from both sides of my family that nobody on either side had ever known about over the course of my 23 years of research. I was able to chart exactly when all of my ancestors first crossed the water and when they all first came to America in the late 1600's and early 1700's. Wild times and incredible stories really bring these long dead ancestors to life.

Anyways, not to derail your question any further than I already have, I just watched Ridley Scott's Robin Hood on Netflix yesterday. I was pretty impressed with it and wondered why I hadn't seen it in more than once in decade. Too bad they didn't continue the story though, it was a solid beginning to a franchise that never was. 

I've also been considering a jump back into physical media because among the reasons you stated, I'm also really tired of all the editing being done to content over PC Babies constant bitching. I can't find a lot of movies that I love and I'm still pissed the fuck off over the censoring of Community and the total inability to watch one of my all-time favorite episodes from the series. I'll never get over why they feel the right to remove something like it doesn't exist because it offended someone. All they gotta do is not fucking watch what offends them or you know they could just grow the fuck up.

That sounds interesting. My brother went all in on our genealogy some years back as well, but I'm not sure how far he got. It didn't interest me at first but the older I get the more interest I'm having in history in general, so I wonder if anyone from my family actually did some cool shit, because I know I haven't Very Happy

The censorship is moronic. They did it with an episode of The Office as well when Michael Scott does blackface, so they just pulled the episode. Stupid thing is, in the episode they specifically tackle why it's a problem and why it's wrong to do it. But no ... cancel, cancel, cancel.

It's funny you also mention Robin Hood. Another issue I have with streamers is in most cases - at least here in Oz - they almost always have the standard version of a film. Rarely ever do they have the Extended/Director's cut. In Ridley Scott's case, every film he's released a Director's Cut for is better by a mile. Especially the bigger films - Gladiator, Black Hawk Down, Kingdom of Heaven, Robin Hood. Most of them have a supporting characters entire subplot removed. I understand they are long films and you need to keep peoples attention in a theatre, but for home viewing, give me the lot.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/25/2023, 11:33 pm

Rusty wrote:That sounds interesting. My brother went all in on our genealogy some years back as well, but I'm not sure how far he got. It didn't interest me at first but the older I get the more interest I'm having in history in general, so I wonder if any of them actually did some cool shit, because I know I haven't Very Happy

My bloodline is loaded with soldiers and a few historical characters of importance or major important historical events. One of them, my Six Times Great Grand Uncle was a high ranking Brigadier General that among his many accomplishments including major contributions in the founding of the Colonial state of Georgia in the 1730's and his many battle accomplishments during the Revolutionary War, he also spent a twenty year period writing letters with General George Washington which were all archived and available in the library of congress for me to read. 

Beyond fascinating stuff because they wrote their letters from 1769-1789 during the birth of America right up until Washington took the White House in '89. Funny enough, this very same Brigadier General got into a heated years long political/military rivalry with one of the signers of the declaration of independence and it ended with them in a dual in at twelve paces at my ancestor was the last man standing. His friendship with Washington is basically the only reason he wasn't executed. The entire story of my family from the 1700's is something I've been studying for over a decade and have still only scratched the surface, the discoveries just never end and it's always amazing stuff.

I bet most people have some pretty incredible stories in the their own family histories that they just haven't discovered yet. I could write multiple books on the generations that came before me even though I've lived a mostly uneventful life compared to my bloodline. I may be a very regular dude who will never have anything written about me but I come from some incredibly accomplished and impressive men and women and that's pretty cool IMO.  

Rusty wrote:Yeah the censorship is moronic. They did it with an episode of The Office as well when Michael Scott does blackface so they just pulled episode. Stupid thing is, in the episode they specifically tackle why it's a problem and why it's wrong to do it. But no ... cancel, cancel, cancel.

It's funny you also mention Robin Hood. Another issue I have with streamers is in most cases - at least here in Oz - they almost always have the standard version of a film. Rarely ever do they have the Extended/Director's cut. In Ridley Scott's case, every film he's released a Director's Cut for is better by a mile. Especially the bigger films - Gladiator, Black Hawk Down, Kingdom of Heaven, Robin Hood. I understand they are long films and you need to keep peoples attention in a theatre, but for home viewing, give me the lot.

Same thing in the Community episode except Ken Jeong was playing a game of D&D and cosplayed as an elf but was so dark that he looked like a blue elf, not like he was in blackface even though everybody threw a tantrum over it in the episode acknowledging how inappropriate they all found it, then like ten years later the episode was deemed offensive and deleted from everywhere. 

Prime is the only streaming service to offer Director's cuts but they never have the Gladiator DC.[/quote]

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 10/27/2023, 9:20 pm

Please accept this as proof of life. Laughing Hope everyone is doing alright. I haven't seen Tyger here in a while. I've just been busy with attending family events and also working on my home theater. I've been doing some heavy research on what speakers to get and decided on a pair of these and this center speaker, both happen to be on sale right now. Thought about waiting until Black Friday but I don't think they'll go any lower than this, still a great deal. Everybody is raving about these and I can't wait to hear them out. Going to save the subwoofer for last purchase and planning to get the newly announced PS5 Slim on Black Friday, hopefully they have a Spider-Man 2 bundle.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/27/2023, 11:35 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Please accept this as proof of life. Laughing Hope everyone is doing alright. I haven't seen Tyger here in a while. I've just been busy with attending family events and also working on my home theater. I've been doing some heavy research on what speakers to get and decided on a pair of these and this center speaker, both happen to be on sale right now. Thought about waiting until Black Friday but I don't think they'll go any lower than this, still a great deal. Everybody is raving about these and I can't wait to hear them out. Going to save the subwoofer for last purchase and planning to get the newly announced PS5 Slim on Black Friday, hopefully they have a Spider-Man 2 bundle.

Tyger hasn't logged in since October 18th, I hope everything is going alright.

Nice to see how your home theater is progressing, when do you think you'll likely finish?

I Hadn't heard about the PS5 Slim being announced but I haven't looked into any PS news in well over six months.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 10/28/2023, 9:27 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Nice to see how your home theater is progressing, when do you think you'll likely finish?

Really depends on what deals I find now, hopefully by December.

WyldeMan wrote:I Hadn't heard about the PS5 Slim being announced but I haven't looked into any PS news in well over six months.

Yep, here it is.

UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 11/2/2023, 3:02 pm

Just got back from Colorado. Colorado Springs really seems like a nice place to be. Friend got me in touch with her real estate agent and her MLS database. Time to start looking.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 11/2/2023, 6:26 pm

joey con carne wrote:Just got back from Colorado. Colorado Springs really seems like a nice place to be. Friend got me in touch with her real estate agent and her MLS database. Time to start looking.

Cool! I'm sure you'll find much cheaper options than in NY.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/5/2023, 10:35 am

Disney to Buy Full Control of Hulu in Deal With Comcast
METOO - Random Thoughts - Page 4 Hulu-o10
Disney has agreed to take full control of Hulu in a deal with Comcast, which has owned a third of the streamer ever since Disney’s acquisition of the 21st Century Fox entertainment assets.

“The acquisition of Comcast’s stake in Hulu at fair market value will further Disney’s streaming objectives,” the Bob Iger-led company said in a statement Wednesday.

A securities filing confirmed that NBCUniversal triggered the purchase earlier in the day.

“We look forward to the appraisal process and the determination of Hulu’s fair market value which we expect will reflect the extraordinary value of the business,” Comcast said in a statement.

Wall Street has over the past year repeatedly discussed Hulu’s future due to its shared ownership and put and call options. Starting in November, Comcast has had a put option to require Disney to take over its stake, while Disney has had the right to tell Comcast to sell it its stake. As per an agreement between the two companies, Hulu was set to get a fair market value assessment from independent experts, but the guaranteed minimum Hulu valuation of $27.5 billion means that Disney knew it had to cough up at least $9 billion.

In the filing Wednesday, Disney said that it expects to pay $8.61 billion by Dec. 1 (meeting the floor valuation), though it will go through the appraisal process to make the final determination of Hulu’s value, and how much (if any) the company will need to pay beyond the $8.61 billion number.

“While the timing of the appraisal process is uncertain, we anticipate it should be completed during the 2024 calendar year,” Disney said.

Disney CEO Iger has signaled that he wants to refocus the company on its beloved content brands from Pixar and Marvel to Lucasfilm, including family and kids fare. Asked on CNBC in February 2023 what that meant for Hulu, he said: “Everything is on the table right now, so I am not going to speculate whether we are a buyer or a seller of it. But I obviously have suggested that I’m concerned about undifferentiated general entertainment [content], particularly in the competitive landscape that we are operating in.”

MoffettNathanson analysts Craig Moffett and Michael Nathanson tried to read between the lines, writing in a report back then: “Disney CEO Bob Iger was notably noncommittal about Disney buying. And he was notably evasive about Disney selling. Comcast has been characteristically silent. Let the speculation begin.” But he and most other analysts have since seen Comcast as the natural seller of its Hulu stake.

Roberts said at an annual Goldman Sachs event earlier this fall that triggering the option was very likely.

In July, Moffett and Nathanson forecast Hulu would add roughly 2.0 million subscribers a year “to reach 55.2 million subscribers by 2026,” including 49.7 million SVOD users, the rest Live TV+SVOD customers. “We expect Hulu to reach $14.1 billion in revenues in fiscal year 2026.”

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 11/7/2023, 8:26 pm

One mouse to rule them all! lol This will no doubt raise the subscription cost in the future.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 11/8/2023, 5:53 pm

Looks like SAG has reached an agreement with the Studios. Just has to be approved by the Union members.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next