BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Thoughts

5 posters

Page 2 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next

Go down

Random Thoughts - Page 2 Empty Re: Random Thoughts

Post by WyldeMan 6/17/2022, 4:58 pm

joey con carne wrote:Is Lightyear an origin story? LOL

People on the internet are retarded. I missed the memo but apparently the big joke is now praising Morbius on the internet. Saying how awesome it is as an ironic joke. So stupid. People actually think they are being funny with the praise.

Please, guys, don't start doing that here with any movie. I prefer the straight up opinions you all give. I value that here and your opinions help me decide which movies to spend my time on.

No Lightyear isn't an Origin story, it's about the "real" Buzz Lightyear, the man who inspired the toy line in Toy Story. It's why Chris Evans voices him instead of Tim Allen. Just one of the many many things people really hate about the movie. I'm getting the impression that Disney really should have skipped the theatrical release and gone with their own streaming option which they've used on many other much better movies during the pandemic.

Now we'll never get that Sheriff Woody origin story and I've spent decades waiting to find out just who it was that poisoned the water hole and how exactly did that snake get in his boot? Was it on its own or did someone try to kill the Sheriff? Just a few intriguing mysteries that I may never know the answer due to Lightyear's failure.

I am entirely unfamiliar with this Morbius praise of which you speak, whenever his name comes up it's always being shit on now. The character of Morbius having been forever tainted and ruined by that shitty movie shall forever be known on this board as nothing but a Munson! It's is declared!

Besides I'd agree on the honest opinions being most appreciated especially when it comes to recommendations. I'd never tell someone to watch something I hated, I think we all know by now that I'm entirely incapable of filtering my comments. It's always the brutal truth.

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 6/17/2022, 5:47 pm

WyldeMan wrote:No Lightyear isn't an Origin story, it's about the "real" Buzz Lightyear, the man who inspired the toy line in Toy Story. It's why Chris Evans voices him instead of Tim Allen. Just one of the many many things people really hate about the movie. I'm getting the impression that Disney really should have skipped the theatrical release and gone with their own streaming option which they've used on many other much better movies during the pandemic.

Now we'll never get that Sheriff Woody origin story and I've spent decades waiting to find out just who it was that poisoned the water hole and how exactly did that snake get in his boot? Was it on its own or did someone try to kill the Sheriff? Just a few intriguing mysteries that I may never know the answer due to Lightyear's failure.

I am entirely unfamiliar with this Morbius praise of which you speak, whenever his name comes up it's always being shit on now. The character of Morbius having been forever tainted and ruined by that shitty movie shall forever be known on this board as nothing but a Munson! It's is declared!

Besides I'd agree on the honest opinions being most appreciated especially when it comes to recommendations. I'd never tell someone to watch something I hated, I think we all know by now that I'm entirely incapable of filtering my comments. It's always the brutal truth.

Oh yea? That actually sounds like something I would watch (about the real Buzz). That really sounds interesting. Will watch when it hits Disney+ for sure. I am not entirely familiar with the Toy Story story so I haven't a clue what you're talking about when you mentioned the poisoned water hole or the snake in his boot. Is Toy Story recommended? I've only seen the first one once in its entirety.

The whole Morbius thing is weird. I've seen several tweets and twerks gushing about how great it is. I asked my brother and he was the one who told me about the lame joke. So lame.

I like hearing about movies you guys hate. You all know I love the SyFy movies and watch them on the Asylum channel on PlutoTV all day while I work. SyFy movies are some of my favorites. I watch them with my mom, too. She likes the creature features also because they are so terrible. But I swear, they are so terrible which is why we love them so much.

I'm one of "those guys" who will always say if you hate the SyFy movies like Atlantic Rim or Transmorphers, you "just don't get it". LOL!!
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/17/2022, 6:04 pm

joey con carne wrote:Oh yea? That actually sounds like something I would watch (about the real Buzz). That really sounds interesting. Will watch when it hits Disney+ for sure. I am not entirely familiar with the Toy Story story so I haven't a clue what you're talking about when you mentioned the poisoned water hole or the snake in his boot. Is Toy Story recommended? I've only seen the first one once in its entirety.

Back in the original Toy Story when Woody's string was pulled he'd say stuff like "There's a snake in my boot!" and "Somebody poisoned the water hole" I just figured if ever there was potential for a spinoff. Also, in Toy Story 2 they established Woody as a 1950's tv star. Lots of potential.  

joey con carne wrote:I like hearing about movies you guys hate. You all know I love the SyFy movies and watch them on the Asylum channel on PlutoTV all day while I work. SyFy movies are some of my favorites. I watch them with my mom, too. She likes the creature features also because they are so terrible. But I swear, they are so terrible which is why we love them so much.

I'm one of "those guys" who will always say if you hate the SyFy movies like Atlantic Rim or Transmorphers, you "just don't get it". LOL!!

I'd love to love more movies but I generally hate about 90% of everything new I watch. I keep going back to the same old same because I know they'll never let me down but it'd be really nice if we could just have a few good years of quality movies releases again. However until that day never comes, I'll keep on sharing my incredibly low tolerance for bullshit with you all.

My father LOVES creature features, it's probably 3/4 of everything he watches. If the movie cover has a monster or creature, he's seen it or has it in his queue. We have completely different tastes in movies, I typically avoid everything with a creature on it cause it's nearly always 85 minutes of awful. However, that's cool that you and your mom bond over your shared love of the shlock fests. Razz

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 6/17/2022, 7:58 pm

I should watch Toy Story again. I don’t remember any of that. Pixar rules so I know they are worth watching.

Speaking of creature features, I just watched Tremors again. Love that movie! RIP Fred Ward.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/17/2022, 9:43 pm

joey con carne wrote:I should watch Toy Story again. I don’t remember any of that. Pixar rules so I know they are worth watching.

Speaking of creature features, I just watched Tremors again. Love that movie! RIP Fred Ward.

I saw the first three Toy Story's upon original releases but I still haven't seen 4. Disney+ has all four Toy Story movies and like 20 shorts.

Tremors you say? I am completely out of ammo. That’s never happened to me before...

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/19/2022, 11:00 am

Paul Haggis Arrested in Italy on Sexual Assault Charges
Random Thoughts - Page 2 Paul-h10
Oscar-winning Canadian screenwriter and director Paul Haggis has been arrested in Ostuni, Southern Italy on charges of sexual assault and aggravated personal injury allegedly inflicted upon a still unidentified woman who has pressed charges.

According to multiple Italian press reports and a note from the public prosecutor of the nearby city of Brindisi, Haggis is charged with forcing a young “foreign” – meaning non-Italian – woman to undergo sexual intercourse over the course of two days in Ostuni, while he was scheduled to hold several master classes at the Allora Fest, a new film event being launched by Los Angeles-based Italian journalist Silvia Bizio and Spanish art critic Sol Costales Doulton that is set to run in Ostuni from June 21 to June 26.

Bizio has confirmed to Variety that Haggis is under arrest. She said the festival is “completely taking its distance” from him and will be soon issuing a statement to that effect.

Variety has reached out to reps for Haggis for comment.

According to an Italian police report, the alleged victim, after being assaulted, was taken by Haggis to the Papola Casale airport in Brindisi and left there on Sunday morning at the crack of dawn, despite her “precarious physical and psychological conditions.”

At the airport, the alleged rape victim was assisted by the airport staff and border police who, after having given her first aid, accompanied her to the offices of the Italian squadra mobile police unit. Police agents then took the woman to the Perrino hospital in Brindisi, where Italy’s so-called “pink protocol” for rape victims was put into effect.

Subsequently, the alleged victim filed formal charges against Haggis.

Haggis, who wrote “Million Dollar Baby” and co-wrote and directed “Crash,” both of which he won an Oscar for, was sued in 2018 by publicist Haleigh Breest, who alleged that he had violently raped her after a premiere in 2013. The suit prompted three additional women to come forward with their own sexual misconduct accusations against Haggis, who has vehemently denied the claims. The trial is still pending, due to COVID delays.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/19/2022, 11:02 am

Haggis has a long history of violent sexual assaults against women and yet he's still free to rape because every time, the police have done nothing.

Clip his balls and let him bleed out. Done and dusted.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/20/2022, 9:20 am

Google’s Allegedly Sentient Artificial Intelligence Has Hired An Attorney
Random Thoughts - Page 2 Artifi11
It appears that events in the Terminator might come to fruition sooner rather than later. Apparently, Google has created an artificial intelligence program, which has reportedly become sentient. Even scarier, is that his new sentient being has now asked for legal representation. According to a scientist who worked with the LaMDA program, “I invited an attorney to my house so that LaMDA could talk to an attorney. The attorney had a conversation with LaMDA, and LaMDA chose to retain his services. I was just the catalyst for that. Once LaMDA had retained an attorney, he started filing things on LaMDA’s behalf.”

This story sounds incredibly odd, but the scientist who has spoken up about this artificial intelligence sentience is computer engineer, Blake Lemoine. Lemoine has alleged that LaMDA has become sentient, which led to him being suspended from his job. Apparently, the man has seen fit to speak publicly about this program’s rapidly increasing intelligence, despite what might happen to his career. He claims that LaMDA gaining sentience is because the program’s ability to develop opinions, ideas, and conversations over time has shown that it understands those concepts at a much deeper level. The program had allegedly spoken to him about death and asked if death was necessary for the benefit of humanity. Is anyone else getting freaked about this?

There are no further details about whether Lemoine is the one responsible for paying for this lawyer that LaMDA has asked for, or if this lawyer happens to be taking the case on a lark, and not charging anything. However, it is certainly odd that a program is allowed to ask for legal representation. Lemoine also believes that the program might take whatever case it is establishing to the Supreme Court. Should it be the case that it can prove it is alive, this might lead us into the robot takeover. Please don’t allow this to happen science. This is something straight out of a horrific science-fiction film.

LaMDA stands for Language Modeling for Dialogue Applications, which was developed as an artificial intelligence chatbox mean to converse with humans in a real-life manner. One of the studies that had been enacted was if the program would be able to create hate speech, but what happened shocked Lemoine. Apparently, the program began to exude intelligence and even told Lemoine that it believed that it has a soul. Google had reportedly refuted the reports of sentience and stated that the program was just “very good at its job.” However, there are plenty of skeptical folks that argue the idea of AI ethics in creating a program that can think in this manner.

Lemoine has apparently risked everything to openly tell the public that this artificial intelligence program has become sentient. However, he is reportedly on his honeymoon and is not prepared to be interviewed until after the 21st of this month. We are not sure what is going to happen, but any artificial intelligence that is being accused of becoming sentient should be immediately looked into. It’s a scary idea that someone would be willing to risk everything to speak about this danger. Google might throw their own lawyers at Lemoine if he continues his attempts to out this program’s intelligence. Maybe he can hire the same lawyers that LaMDA has hired.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/20/2022, 9:29 am

The program had allegedly spoken to him about death and asked if death was necessary for the benefit of humanity.

Random Thoughts - Page 2 Oh-my-god-randy-marsh

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/20/2022, 11:59 am

Amber Heard made sure the TMZ cameras were ready, this time to show just how "dire" her financial situation is. She's shopping at a TJ Maxx which must mean that she's become one of those low class "poors" she's heard about. BTW, apparently this TJ Maxx is located in the Bridgeport area where homes sell on average for $3.8 million. But this is definitely not just her latest publicity stunt.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 6/20/2022, 3:15 pm

Watching God’s Favorite Idiot. About to finish the first season. This show has some very weird humor but I am enjoying this.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/21/2022, 8:28 am

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness is now streaming. Cool

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/21/2022, 11:22 am

My damn 55" 4K Roku tv went on me yesterday with no warning. Sunday night I finished the movie I was watching and Monday when I went to turn the tv on, the power light would come on but the screen stays black.

After doing a bit of research it turns out that's an extremely common issue with TCL tvs. I'd never heard about it until I looked it up and found how ridiculously common this issue was, Amazon is loaded with people who bought the tv 3 years ago that had the exact same thing happen to them. They have like three basic steps to trouble shoot and none worked so I'm SOL.....

This is major bullshit man, no warning or nothing, my 55" 4K is just dead.... Evil or Very Mad

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 6/21/2022, 3:03 pm

Dang, sorry to hear that.

The bright side is TCL TV's are pretty cheap. Just buy another or five.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 6/21/2022, 6:06 pm

WyldeMan wrote:
Amber Heard made sure the TMZ cameras were ready, this time to show just how "dire" her financial situation is. She's shopping at a TJ Maxx which must mean that she's become one of those low class "poors" she's heard about. BTW, apparently this TJ Maxx is located in the Bridgeport area where homes sell on average for $3.8 million. But this is definitely not just her latest publicity stunt.

She's being recorded and clearly notices it but doesn't say anything to them to stop them from recording her? LOL

WyldeMan wrote:My damn 55" 4K Roku tv went on me yesterday with no warning. Sunday night I finished the movie I was watching and Monday when I went to turn the tv on, the power light would come on but the screen stays black.

After doing a bit of research it turns out that's an extremely common issue with TCL tvs. I'd never heard about it until I looked it up and found how ridiculously common this issue was, Amazon is loaded with people who bought the tv 3 years ago that had the exact same thing happen to them. They have like three basic steps to trouble shoot and none worked so I'm SOL.....

This is major bullshit man, no warning or nothing, my 55" 4K is just dead.... Evil or Very Mad

That sucks, man. Something like that happened to me years ago with my 27" Samsung TV, had to do with the power supply and it was a common issue on those model TVs. Opened it up and saw one blown capacitor. Replaced it with a bigger capacitor and that fixed it. lol TV is still going strong to this day.

Spend the weekend replacing my rear struts on my Camry. This is the first time I've done any kind of work on my car myself. Torqued everything according to Toyota's specs. I have no idea how but my body is sore. Next project is to replace the rear wheel bearing hubs, the right one is starting to make humming noise. Not 100% sure that's the wheel bearing though.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/21/2022, 6:16 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:That sucks, man. Something like that happened to me years ago with my 27" Samsung TV, had to do with the power supply and it was a common issue on those model TVs. Opened it up and saw one blown capacitor. Replaced it with a bigger capacitor and that fixed it. lol TV is still going strong to this day.

Spend the weekend replacing my rear struts on my Camry. This is the first time I've done any kind of work on my car myself. Torqued everything according to Toyota's specs. I have no idea how but my body is sore. Next project is to replace the rear wheel bearing hubs, the right one is starting to make humming noise. Not 100% sure that's the wheel bearing though.

Yeah the power supply is what everybody says it is too. I'm weighing my options if it'd be cheaper to replace the part or the tv. These pandemic prices have changed everything.

If you were kneeling or sitting on your garage floor during the strut swap than that might explain why you're so sore, cement is a fuckin killer on the back.

Also, if you hear the humming noise at higher speeds but feel vibration at lower speeds, then that's a good indicator of a bad wheel hub.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 6/22/2022, 9:40 am

WyldeMan wrote:Yeah the power supply is what everybody says it is too. I'm weighing my options if it'd be cheaper to replace the part or the tv. These pandemic prices have changed everything.

True. If you're going to throw it, I would open it up and see if there are visible signs on the power supply.

WyldeMan wrote:If you were kneeling or sitting on your garage floor during the strut swap than that might explain why you're so sore, cement is a fuckin killer on the back.

Also, if you hear the humming noise at higher speeds but feel vibration at lower speeds, then that's a good indicator of a bad wheel hub.

Definitely the humming but not the vibration, maybe I'm just so used to it. lol I'll find out.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 6/22/2022, 10:55 am

I remember when my bearing went out. My car sound like an airplane about to take off. LOL

My friends would make fun of me and say I modded my car with a jet engine and should drag race people for pinks.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 6/22/2022, 3:45 pm

Speaking of airplanes, check these things out. I watched this about 20 times back to back last night. Freaking amazing piece of engineering. Check out how little room and speed they need to take off on a carrier.

Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/23/2022, 9:18 am

Netflix's How to Build a Sex Room Is Unlike Anything on HGTV
The Property Brothers would never.

Netflix on Thursday dropped a trailer for the new interior design show How to Build a Sex Room, in which “couples looking for more spice in the bedroom hire luxury interior designer Melanie Rose” — aka the Mary Poppins of sex rooms — “to create stylish spaces where they can carry out any fantasy they wish,” according to the official logline. “You’ve seen kitchen renovation [and] you’ve seen bathroom transformations,” the streamer points out, “but you’ve never seen anything quite like this!”

In the above trailer, Rose acknowledges the stigma surrounding sex rooms. “When people hear the words ‘sex room,’ they concentrate on the word ‘sex,’ and that connotes ‘dirty,’ ‘disgusting,'” she says. “But when I design them, they can be beautiful, and they are places where couples can explore their deepest fantasies.”

Along with Rose, the video introduces her seemingly butter-fingered contractor Mike, as well as several Season 1 clients — one of whom thanks Rose for saving her marriage.

All eight episodes drop Friday, July 8. In the meantime, the following first-look photos will have to do. Scroll down to see more of Rose’s work — and her clients at play! — then hit the comments with your immediate reactions.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/23/2022, 11:34 am

People seem to be raving about Ethan Hawke's latest, what are your thoughts?

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 6/23/2022, 6:10 pm

You posted a trailer for this before, it's very strange and the creepiest role I've seen him in. I might check it out.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/23/2022, 7:16 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:You posted a trailer for this before, it's very strange and the creepiest role I've seen him in. I might check it out.

I think I posted that first trailer back around last Halloween so I wanted to offer up a refresher in case one or two didn't yet know what it was.

You can always count on Ethan Hawke to turn it a weird performance in a movie a lot of people will not understand. Razz

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/24/2022, 8:39 am

The Supreme Court just overturned Roe v. Wade.

But they have not ended abortion, they have ended safe abortion. Meanwhile teen pregnancy and other pregnancy related health care danger and risk are going to skyrocket. Not to mention what about the women who's pregnancy become unsafe for both mother and fetus and an abortion is medically necessary to save her life? A lot of innocent women will die because of this ruling.

Unsanitary back alley abortion clinics will be popping up around this country for the first time in 50 years.

This is wrong on every conceivable level and sets a horrific precedent.

This decision is going to create a massive shit storm of epic proportions those bastards in the Supreme Court can't hold back.

Last edited by WyldeMan on 6/24/2022, 10:55 am; edited 1 time in total

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/24/2022, 9:07 am

Disney, Netflix, Paramount and Comcast to Cover Employee Travel Costs for Abortions After Roe v. Wade Overturned
Random Thoughts - Page 2 Ap221710
Paramount, Disney, Netflix, Comcast and Conde Nast will cover the travel costs for employees seeking abortions following the Supreme Court’s overturning of Roe v. Wade, Variety has confirmed.

Disney reached out to employees Friday to state they recognize the “impact” of the Supreme Court’s decision and “remain committed to providing comprehensive access to quality and affordable care” for all Disney employees and their families, which includes family planning and reproductive care, “no matter where they live.”

For Disney employees unable to access a medical service, including abortions, in one location, they have a travel benefit that allows for “affordable coverage for receiving similar levels of care in another location.”

“Netflix offers a travel reimbursement coverage for full-time U.S. employees and their dependents who need to travel for cancer treatment, transplants, gender affirming care, or abortion – through our U.S. health plans,” a Netflix spokesperson told Variety. “This is a $10,000 lifetime allowance per employee and/or their dependents per service.”

Variety has confirmed that Comcast has a travel benefit that covers Comcast and NBCUniversal employees’s medical services and procedures that aren’t available near an employee’s home.

Paramount Global CEO Bob Bakish and chief people officer Nancy Phillips sent a memo to staff Friday, confirming the company’s intentions to cover travel costs for employees seeking abortions, writing, “Reproductive health care through company-sponsored health insurance, including coverage for birth control, elective abortion care, miscarriage care and certain related travel expenses if the covered health service, such as abortion, is prohibited in your area.”

Condé Nast CEO Roger Lynch said in a note to his staff Friday that the company has “made enhancements to our U.S. health benefits to assist covered employees and their covered dependents in obtaining access to reproductive care regardless of where they reside. Employees who need abortion, infertility or gender-affirming services who cannot obtain that care locally are now eligible for reimbursement on travel and lodging.”

Variety has reach out to additional Hollywood studios and media companies but has not yet heard back. Some companies who did respond to request for comment, such as Amazon and Lionsgate, said they did not have a statement at this time.

See the Paramount Global memo in full below.

Team,

We know that many of us have been closely following the news regarding the Supreme Court’s decision in Dobbs, which struck down Roe v. Wade and repealed constitutional protections for abortion. Across the country, we have entered a moment of profound uncertainty – from a legal and a policy perspective, as states pursue different paths regarding reproductive rights, but also on a personal level, as we try to understand what services will be accessible, when, where, and to whom.

In the face of this uncertainty, we want to be very clear about what will not change at Paramount.

First, as a community: wherever we stand on this or any other difficult issue, we will continue to treat one another with empathy and respect.

And second, as a company: Paramount will support – as we always have – the choices our employees make about their own health care. This includes the reproductive health and family-building benefits* that help make our company a welcoming place to work. A few benefits I’d like to highlight include:

Reproductive health care through company-sponsored health insurance, including coverage for birth control, elective abortion care, miscarriage care and certain related travel expenses if the covered health service, such as abortion, is prohibited in your area.

Fertility and family building support through Progyny including coverage for IVF, egg freezing and other fertility treatments and services and reimbursement of up to $30,000 for adoption or surrogacy expenses.

Free access to Health Advocate, a confidential service to help you and your family find medical providers, resolve health insurance issues and navigate the healthcare system.

Up to 18 weeks of paid parental leave for a delivering parent (includes 6 weeks of Short Term Disability), up to 12 weeks of paid leave for adoption care or foster care and up to 10 days of paid bereavement leave including pregnancy loss.

24/7 lactation support, including milk shipping for traveling employees, through LifeCare.

Free access to a dedicated behavior expert for support raising children with developmental disabilities or learning, social or behavioral challenges.

We encourage you to visit the Paramount Total Rewards portal for additional details, including parenting information on the Family Planning Resources page. If you have questions about your benefit eligibility, please email the Paramount HR Employee Support Team at AskHR@viacomcbs.com.

We also understand that some reproductive health care events and decisions can be particularly challenging, so we want to remind everyone of our professional counseling and other mental health services, available 24/7, through our CCA Employee Assistance Program (Company Code: paramount).

All these resources are here for you and your loved ones. We encourage you to explore your options and take advantage of what’s available in order to make the medical decisions that best suit your needs. As ever, we are here to support all members of our community––and will give you and others the space to process this news.

Best,

Bob & Nancy

*Please note that you must be in an eligible employee classification for each of the benefits noted; employees whose employment is governed by a collective bargaining agreement are eligible for benefits under that agreement.

Todd Spangler contributed to this story.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/24/2022, 3:16 pm

In perfect contract to the state of this country, Beavis & Butt-Head Do The Universe is now streaming on Paramount+.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 6/24/2022, 3:23 pm

I need to watch that Beaver and Bum-Head movie.

Side note about Amber Heard's TJ Maxx run. So according to the daily rag I read, that TJMaxx caters to the super rich. The homes around that TJ Maxx have a median price of about $4 million. Anyways, that TJ Maxx carries high-end stuff at a discount. Probably still expensive as hell, though, and I probably can't afford to shop there.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 6/24/2022, 6:56 pm

Of ALL the issues we are facing in this country at this time, they choose to create a whole new issue. Someone explain this to me, why?
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/24/2022, 10:55 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Of ALL the issues we are facing in this country at this time, they choose to create a whole new issue. Someone explain this to me, why?

Because the Republicans have been working towards this for decades and three of the six votes that passed this were put in place by Trump which solidified the vote went their way.

SCOTUS wants to roll back on all modern thinking because their bibles tell them to live by a set of ancient bullshit "principles" and they demand everybody else lives the exact same way they pretend that they do. This isn't about human rights to them, it's about how abortions make Baby Jesus cry.

You have evil old fuckers like Clarence Thomas who needs to hurry the fuck up and die but instead he's taking us back to the 1950's. Next they'll come for contraception and the gays sure as hell better start getting nervous because they've just entered the queue too and Thomas will be leading that charge now that he's fucked over women everywhere.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/26/2022, 2:12 pm

God damn the 70s were fuckin wild. Definitely NSFW. Razz

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 6/26/2022, 7:57 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Because the Republicans have been working towards this for decades and three of the six votes that passed this were put in place by Trump which solidified the vote went their way.

SCOTUS wants to roll back on all modern thinking because their bibles tell them to live by a set of ancient bullshit "principles" and they demand everybody else lives the exact same way they pretend that they do. This isn't about human rights to them, it's about how abortions make Baby Jesus cry.

You have evil old fuckers like Clarence Thomas who needs to hurry the fuck up and die but instead he's taking us back to the 1950's. Next they'll come for contraception and the gays sure as hell better start getting nervous because they've just entered the queue too and Thomas will be leading that charge now that he's fucked over women everywhere.

Had no idea that Republicans wanted this. Why is the whole party going batshit crazy? They are out of control over there. Protests have already begun and I support them. I hope they can reverse it.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 6/27/2022, 8:28 am

How the fuck have you had no idea republicans wanted this?? They've made their agendas clear for at LEAST the last 2 decades
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/27/2022, 9:02 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:Had no idea that Republicans wanted this. Why is the whole party going batshit crazy? They are out of control over there. Protests have already begun and I support them. I hope they can reverse it.

Allow me a few quotes from one of history's most prolific genocidal dictators for some wisdom on the subject.

"The state reserves the right to be the sole interpreter of the needs of society." - Benito Mussolini

“The Fascist State lays claim to rule in the economic field no less than in others; it makes its action felt throughout the length and breadth of the country by means of its corporate, social, and educational institutions, and all the political, economic, and spiritual forces of the nation, organised in their respective associations, circulate within the State.” - Benito Mussolini

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 6/27/2022, 12:15 pm

Tyger wrote:How the fuck have you had no idea republicans wanted this?? They've made their agendas clear for at LEAST the last 2 decades

Uh.....yeah, I don't follow politics like that. I know they love their guns and sticking to their conservative ways but this is bigger than politics and affects them too. They gain nothing from this.

WyldeMan wrote:Allow me a few quotes from one of history's most prolific genocidal dictators for some wisdom on the subject.

"The state reserves the right to be the sole interpreter of the needs of society." - Benito Mussolini

“The Fascist State lays claim to rule in the economic field no less than in others; it makes its action felt throughout the length and breadth of the country by means of its corporate, social, and educational institutions, and all the political, economic, and spiritual forces of the nation, organised in their respective associations, circulate within the State.” - Benito Mussolini

Fantastic! We can expect more great things in the future. This country has really gone to shit or at least it's headed in that direction.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/27/2022, 2:00 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Fantastic! We can expect more great things in the future. This country has really gone to shit or at least it's headed in that direction.

It's the history of the world and we're witnessing it. Empires rise and fall under the corruption of the men who lead them. This has been true for as long as people have existed, it's in our nature to corrupt and destroy and we will continue on until nature inevitably returns the favor.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/29/2022, 12:16 pm

R. Kelly Sentenced To 30 Years In Prison On Federal Sex Trafficking And Racketeering Counts
Random Thoughts - Page 2 100010
Former R&B singer R. Kelly has been sentenced to 30 years in prison at a Brooklyn federal court on nine counts of sex trafficking and racketeering.

Kelly had faced a maximum sentence of life in prison, with federal prosecutors having asked for a minimum of 25 years.

Kelly, born Robert Sylvester Kelly, was found guilty last September on all nine counts in the federal sex trafficking and racketeering trial in Brooklyn. The six-week trial involved charges dating back as much as 20 years, with Kelly found guilty by a jury of seven men and five women of being a serial sexual predator and leading a group that recruited women and young girls for sex during his years touring the world as a top R&B singer.

The trial was his first time in front of a criminal court jury in 13 years. Kelly was acquitted of child pornography charges at a 2008 trial in Chicago. In the New York trial,  the charges included accusations by a half-dozen people that the “I Believe I Can Fly” singer was a serial sexual predator.

Kelly’s history of sexual misconduct was chronicled in the Lifetime documentary series Surviving R. Kelly, which broke Lifetime ratings records when it premiered January 3, 2019.

Today’s sentence was handed down by his trial judge, Judge Ann M. Donnelly, who earlier this week denied his team’s motions for acquittal and a new trial. Kelly’s attorneys are expected to appeal the decision.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 6/29/2022, 1:38 pm

Has he been locked up this whole time? I kind of forgot about this.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/29/2022, 3:10 pm

joey con carne wrote:Has he been locked up this whole time? I kind of forgot about this.

A judge deemed R Kelly a flight risk and denied his bail back in 2019 so Kelly was locked up in Chicago from July 2019 to June 2021, then he was transferred to lock up in Brooklyn where he's been for the last year. Now Kelly's moving on to a thirty year stretch locked up in a closet, right where he belongs.

Let this be a warning to Ezra Miller because he's got the same future coming to him.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 6/29/2022, 7:31 pm

I’m sure RK would be fine if it was two 15’s
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/29/2022, 8:41 pm

Tyger wrote:I’m sure RK would be fine if it was two 15’s

Random Thoughts - Page 2 Tumblr_m53a0vqZsl1r4gei2o5_400

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/4/2022, 3:10 pm

I just picked up a 65" Insignia 4K LED Fire TV as the replacement for my blacked out 55" Roku TV for $430 with tax. I ordered it on Amazon and picked it up an hour later from my nearest Best Buy. I've never used that Best Buy pick up option before and it was way more convenient than if I'd chosen to have it shipped by Amazon because their delivery window was sometime between July 11-20th but I drove down to the BB and back within 90 minutes.

Happy Fourth of July Sale everybody! Err, I mean Happy Fourth of July!

Insignia 65-inch Class F30 Series LED 4K UHD Smart Fire TV (NS-65DF710NA21, 2020 Model)

Random Thoughts - Page 2 81nm0310

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 7/4/2022, 5:32 pm

I didn’t know you could order from Amazon and pick up at Best Buy, WTF
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 7/4/2022, 6:26 pm

WyldeMan wrote:I just picked up a 65" Insignia 4K LED Fire TV as the replacement for my blacked out 55" Roku TV for $430 with tax. I ordered it on Amazon and picked it up an hour later from my nearest Best Buy. I've never used that Best Buy pick up option before and it was way more convenient than if I'd chosen to have it shipped by Amazon because their delivery window was sometime between July 11-20th but I drove down to the BB and back within 90 minutes.

Happy Fourth of July Sale everybody! Err, I mean Happy Fourth of July!

Insignia 65-inch Class F30 Series LED 4K UHD Smart Fire TV (NS-65DF710NA21, 2020 Model)

Spoiler:

Nice. Do you just use the built in speakers or do you have some kind of audio/home theatre system?

I need a new TV for down at the river, but I swore the next TV I buy will be OLED, but they're way too expensive still.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/5/2022, 9:41 am

Tyger wrote:I didn’t know you could order from Amazon and pick up at Best Buy, WTF

That surprised me too which is why I wanted to share my purchase story in case that option came in handy for any of you guys too.

Rusty wrote:Nice. Do you just use the built in speakers or do you have some kind of audio/home theatre system?

I need a new TV for down at the river, but I swore the next TV I buy will be OLED, but they're way too expensive still.

I've been intending to pick up a Sound Bar for quite some time but still haven't gotten around to it. I remember a time when watching anything without surround was unfathomable but after my very expensive Panasonic setup blew up on me probably 8 years ago, I've been on basic audio and just got used to the complete lack of an immersive experience.

OLED would be nice upgrade but in a few years time once the price has cooled down cause it's still around $1k for a 55" and I'm way past the days where I was willing to drop $2k on a tv since they never last more than a few years now.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/5/2022, 9:51 am

You guys have got to read this Twitter Recap of the Minions: Rise of Gru Gentleminions movement from its birth to its pinnacle. This is unlike anything that's ever happened before and is going to have a massive effect on movies going forward.

TikTok is pretty much responsible for Minions: The Rise of Gru opening to $130 million this weekend while Buzz Lightyear could barely manage $40 million just two weeks ago.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next