BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Joker: Folie à deux (Phoenix / GaGa / Gleeson / Lofland) (October 4, 2024)

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

1 - Joker: Folie à deux (Phoenix / GaGa / Gleeson / Lofland) (October 4, 2024) Empty Joker: Folie à deux (Phoenix / GaGa / Gleeson / Lofland) (October 4, 2024)

Post by WyldeMan 6/8/2022, 1:56 pm

‘Joker’ Sequel A Go; Todd Phillips Posts Script Cover,
Joaquin Phoenix Nearing Deal To Reprise Arthur Fleck
1 - Joker: Folie à deux (Phoenix / GaGa / Gleeson / Lofland) (October 4, 2024) Image15
This has been building since before Toby Emmerich exited and Michael De Luca and Pam Abdy took the reins at Warner Bros. Joaquin Phoenix hasn’t quite signed a deal to reprise his role as the disturbed murderous anarchist Arthur Fleck in a sequel to the billion dollar grossing Joker,. but the film is a go. Director Todd Phillips revealed on Instagram that there’s a Joker sequel script he just wrote with Scott Silver and that Joaquin Phoenix, who won an Oscar for playing the title role, is reading it. That isn’t quite true; Phoenix read it awhile ago, and it has come down to making a rich deal for him to star in the genre-jumping sequel.

The screenplay is titled Joker: Folie à deux, the French reference being a medical term pertaining to a mental disorder which affects two or more people.

The first Joker was the highest grossing R-rated movie of all-time with $1.07 billion worldwide, and notched 11 Oscar nominations, including Best Picture, and a second Oscar win for Hildur Guðnadóttir’s original score.

The firing up of a Joker sequel will benefit De Luca and Abdy, who’ll run the studio and temporarily DC for Warner Discovery CEO David Zaslav. De Luca and Abdy are overseeing DC in the interim following Emmerich’s departure as Zaslav looks for an executive to run it across all mediums. The motion picture side of DC has been overseen during the Emmerich era by Walter Hamada who was responsible for getting the The Batman spinoff HBO Max series based on Colin Farrell’s the Penguin in the works, as well as The Suicide Squad spinoff Peacemaker, with that film’s director and writer James Gunn behind the wheel. Similar to how Marvel has created a new universe that interweaves between its movies and streaming series, a similar model is already in motion at Warner Bros. with this DC film properties. The Batman is the second highest grossing movie of the year to date with $770.3M and a sequel was announced by Emmerich and Reeves at CinemaCon back in April.

Also upcoming on the DC side for Warners is the Dwayne Johnson-starrer Black Adam in October, Shazam! Fury of the Gods at Christmas, and next year’s The Flash (though Ezra Miller’s odd behavior leaves a question mark) and Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom.
1 - Joker: Folie à deux (Phoenix / GaGa / Gleeson / Lofland) (October 4, 2024) Image211

Last edited by WyldeMan on 9/13/2022, 4:58 pm; edited 3 times in total

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

1 - Joker: Folie à deux (Phoenix / GaGa / Gleeson / Lofland) (October 4, 2024) Empty Re: Joker: Folie à deux (Phoenix / GaGa / Gleeson / Lofland) (October 4, 2024)

Post by UltimateMarvel 6/8/2022, 4:12 pm

Folie à deux sounds very interesting and curious who the other person might be.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

1 - Joker: Folie à deux (Phoenix / GaGa / Gleeson / Lofland) (October 4, 2024) Empty Re: Joker: Folie à deux (Phoenix / GaGa / Gleeson / Lofland) (October 4, 2024)

Post by WyldeMan 6/8/2022, 6:32 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Folie à deux sounds very interesting and curious who the other person might be.

Literally translated from French to English, Folie à Deux means "madness of two" so I'm going to wager that the title is referring to Harvey Dent. Cool

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 6/9/2022, 5:22 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Literally translated from French to English, Folie à Deux means "madness of two" so I'm going to wager that the title is referring to Harvey Dent. Cool

I don't know how I feel about seeing Batman's other villains, something original would be better.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/10/2022, 3:08 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:Literally translated from French to English, Folie à Deux means "madness of two" so I'm going to wager that the title is referring to Harvey Dent. Cool

I don't know how I feel about seeing Batman's other villains, something original would be better.

If not Dent than just have Arthur fighting a Joker copycat. He'd inspired legions to put on the mask by the end of the first film so why not have one deranged sumbitch try to steal Joker's identity as cult leader for himself?

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 6/11/2022, 7:39 pm

WyldeMan wrote:If not Dent than just have Arthur fighting a Joker copycat. He'd inspired legions to put on the mask by the end of the first film so why not have one deranged sumbitch try to steal Joker's identity as cult leader for himself?

YES! I find this way more interesting!
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/12/2022, 8:15 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:If not Dent than just have Arthur fighting a Joker copycat. He'd inspired legions to put on the mask by the end of the first film so why not have one deranged sumbitch try to steal Joker's identity as cult leader for himself?

YES! I find this way more interesting!

I feel like Arthur would absolutely break out of Arkham Asylum if somebody else was trying to claim his new found fame. It'd probably be the easiest path forward forward for the franchise too because Batman can't be introduced into Arthur's story and I've never gotten the feeling that Phillips or Phoenix were even remotely interested in this idea. They've taken a long time to even make this second film and I can't see them loading it with Batman cannon characters but no Batman, this isn't a tv show.

It would also keep Two Face free for Pattinson's Batman to eventually square off with.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/13/2022, 6:33 pm

Lady Gaga in Early Talks to Join As Harley Quinn in Musical ‘Joker’ Sequel
1 - Joker: Folie à deux (Phoenix / GaGa / Gleeson / Lofland) (October 4, 2024) Lady-g11
The Joker is back, and this time he’s bringing a friend.

Lady Gaga is in early talks to star opposite Joaquin Phoenix in director Todd Phillips’ sequel to Joker, the 2019 Oscar-winning, $1 billion Warner Bros. hit based on the DC character.

Phillips has been co-writing the script with Joker co-writer Scott Silver for some time and has finally shown it to the studio. Last week, Phillips revealed on social media the title of the new project — Joker: Folie à deux — the title referencing a medical term for an identical or similar mental disorder that affects two or more individuals, usually members of the same family. And while the same social media post showed Phoenix reading the script, the actor’s involvement is not exactly a legal fait accompli just yet — sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that Warners has yet to close a deal with the actor, with the two sides deep into it.

Enter Gaga.

Details on her character are being kept under wraps, but Joker is known for his on-off abusive relationship with Harley Quinn, his psychiatrist at the mental institution known as Arkham Asylum who falls in love with him and becomes his sidekick and partner in crime. It is unclear whether Phillips and company are using other DC characters or striking on their own, as they did in many instances with their first movie.

If a deal makes, Gaga would play Quinn. However, this new Quinn exists in a different DC universe than the Margot Robbie’s Harley Quinn, which most recently appeared in 2021’s The Suicide Squad as well as several other films.

But wait, that’s not all: Sources say the sequel is also a musical.

When Warners first made Joker, it was far from a sure thing. A dark and moody character piece, the project was a Taxi Driver-meets-King of Comedy descent into madness set in a late 1970s decaying city. Commercial prospects were deemed nominal, and it was only budgeted at $60 million.

By the time it was released in October 2019, Joker was riding a wave of adulation from the fall film festivals, which helped propel the movie into a record-breaking opening weekend, with box office analysts changing their prediction every day. It ended its theatrical run as the No. 4 highest-grossing R-rated movie of all time. It then earned 11 Oscar nominations, including best picture, and won best actor (for Phoenix) and best score (for Hildur Guonadottir).

Phillips previously produced A Star Is Born, the 2018 remake that starred Joker producer Bradley Cooper and Gaga.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/13/2022, 7:00 pm

Wait the sequel is now a musical and Gaga is another Harley!??!!? So she must be the other mental patient the title was alluding to.

I did not see this coming............. Shocked

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 6/14/2022, 1:08 pm

Gaga was fantastic in A Star Is Born so this is awesome! But a musical? I understand music was part of the first movie but this is a whole other thing.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/14/2022, 1:25 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Gaga was fantastic in A Star Is Born so this is awesome! But a musical? I understand music was part of the first movie but this is a whole other thing.

I get the feeling it will involve many scenes in Arkham and lots and lots hallucination brought on by pills and electro shock. He was already hallucinating the majority of the first film and if I remember right, he was also hearing music when he did that dance routine on the stairs. I'll trust in Todd's vision until he gives me reason to do otherwise.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/14/2022, 2:06 pm

Exclusive: Al Pacino In Talks For Joker 2
1 - Joker: Folie à deux (Phoenix / GaGa / Gleeson / Lofland) (October 4, 2024) Image16
There have been some interesting developments in terms of the Joker 2 sequel. For one, it was a shock to most fans that a sequel would be happening in the first place. It had been spoken about, but Todd Phillips confirmed the sequel happening by showing off the script which has the working title, Joker: Folie à deux. Also, Joaquin Phoenix was announced to return as Arthur Fleck. More details have emerged that state the sequel is going to be a musical with Lady Gaga attached to take on the role of Harley Quinn. This new direction is certainly shocking in many ways. Also, through our trusted and proven source, we have our own big news to report. Al Pacino is in talks for Joker 2.

We do not have any details about the role that Al Pacino would take on in the film, but we could see the celebrated actor be a cop figure of sorts in Joker 2. Another presumed role might be some sort of doctor or psychiatrist that has to deal with Arthur Fleck. That is speculation based on the ending of Joker, which saw Fleck being chased around in a psychiatric ward of some kind. That could have all been in his head, but it is safe to assume that Fleck might be locked up. With the news that Harley Quinn is going to be part of this sequel, Pacino might also take on the role of someone familiar to the Gotham universe. Carmine Falcone could be a possibility for the man. This is all just speculation, but adding another celebrated actor of this caliber will excite plenty of fans, despite the rumors that the new film is a musical.

Joker 2 bringing in Al Pacino adds the notoriety that the first film had. Joker featured Robert De Niro as a talk show host named Murray Franklin who brings in Arthur Fleck to presumably make fun of the strange way in which the man performs his stand-up comedy. Fleck murders Murray live in front of an audience, essentially turning him into the Joker. Now we are more than excited to see how Pacino will be utilized in the sequel. De Niro and Pacino are some of the most legendary actors, and it is fantastic to see that both of them were willing to be involved in the superhero genre, despite Joker sort of standing on its own within that genre.

Joker became a two-time Academy Award-winning film after Joaquin Pheonix took home Best Actor honors for his role as Arthur Fleck. Also, Best Original Score was won by Hildur Guðnadóttir. Robert De Niro thought enough of the script to sign on for the first film, and now Joker 2 is adding Al Pacino. Although we have our reservations about the sequel potentially being a musical, it should still be a fantastic film if Pacino is willing to join. There are no details about the plot of the film, only the previously mentioned working title. Keep your eyes peeled in the coming weeks for more details about this highly anticipated sequel.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/14/2022, 2:11 pm

Joker: Folie à deux starring Academy Award Winner Joaquin Phoenix, Academy Award Winner Lady Gaga and Academy Award Winner Al Pacino.

Sounds like Phillips is off to a good start but I can't help but also wonder, who's next? Cool

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 6/14/2022, 7:44 pm

Casting is doing an amazing job!

WyldeMan wrote:I get the feeling it will involve many scenes in Arkham and lots and lots hallucination brought on by pills and electro shock. He was already hallucinating the majority of the first film and if I remember right, he was also hearing music when he did that dance routine on the stairs. I'll trust in Todd's vision until he gives me reason to do otherwise.

This is the only way it would make sense.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/14/2022, 8:59 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Casting is doing an amazing job!

WyldeMan wrote:I get the feeling it will involve many scenes in Arkham and lots and lots hallucination brought on by pills and electro shock. He was already hallucinating the majority of the first film and if I remember right, he was also hearing music when he did that dance routine on the stairs. I'll trust in Todd's vision until he gives me reason to do otherwise.

This is the only way it would make sense.

I'm hoping for a big drug induced dance number around the Asylum as Joker hacks, slashes and taps his way through the blood. Razz

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/14/2022, 10:13 pm

BossLogic back at it with a La La Land Parody.

1 - Joker: Folie à deux (Phoenix / GaGa / Gleeson / Lofland) (October 4, 2024) Fvlvib10

1 - Joker: Folie à deux (Phoenix / GaGa / Gleeson / Lofland) (October 4, 2024) Fvmspx10

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 6/16/2022, 6:15 pm

She can use that mallet on me any time.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/20/2022, 3:15 pm

New Rumored Character Details About “Joker: Folie à deux” Revealed
1 - Joker: Folie à deux (Phoenix / GaGa / Gleeson / Lofland) (October 4, 2024) 28789310
Hello everyone, your friendly neighborhood Professor Hulk, here. I’m about to drop some knowledge of some exciting stuff in the film and TV world. Now that Joker‘s sequel, Joker: Folie à Deux is official we are finding out more about the sequel including its inclusion of Harley Quinn. Lady Gaga is reportedly the choice for the role of Harley Quinn.

I’ve exclusively learned through trusted sources that the title of the film Joker: Folie à deux (Madness For Two) will have multiple meanings and interpretations. The first is the inclusion of Harley Quinn and the second will be an exploration of the relationship between Joker and what was described to me as a very “Proto Batman”.

From what I’ve been told, this version of Bruce/Batman will not wear the cape and cowl and instead will be in street clothes more or less. It’ll also be a younger version of Bruce Wayne than we’ve expected. Joker had young Bruce Wayne, but this film is set farther in the future. It’s still the young version of Bruce Wayne that hasn’t quite become Batman yet.

The film will also explore Bruce’s psyche and explore this notion that while Joker is considered insane, so is Bruce; this will also explore the fallout from the ending of Joker a lot more.

More details will undoubtedly be coming soon but until then we’ll keep you updated on this story as it develops.

So, what do you think of the new details about Joker 2?

Source: ThatHashTagShow

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 6/21/2022, 5:54 pm

As long as it's Bruce and not Batman, could make for an interesting story.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/21/2022, 6:19 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:As long as it's Bruce and not Batman, could make for an interesting story.

A teenage Bruce Wayne in street clothes fighting crime sounds like Bruce from Gotham.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/13/2022, 1:16 pm

‘Joker 2: Folie à Deux’ Script Details?
1 - Joker: Folie à deux (Phoenix / GaGa / Gleeson / Lofland) (October 4, 2024) 2e91a010
I can’t be 100% sure how legit this is. It does come from a source who has been right before, but it’s kind of fun to believe that THIS is what Todd Phillips, Joaquin Phoenix and Lady Gaga have in store for us with “Joker 2: Folie à Deux.”

I wasn’t too keen on the idea of a sequel being made. This could change my mind. The legitimacy of what I’m about to post might reside with this “insider” claiming that Lady Gaga does NOT play Harley Quinn.

Obviously, SPOILERS beware:

Some details about Joker 2... so the script has been floating around for the last few weeks among industry people and some of the people around me have read it -- here's what I 100% know is in the script -- Arthur Fleck (Joaquin) escapes prison/asylum and goes on a killing rampage before meeting Lady Gaga's character (who is NOT Harley Quinn. I don't know where the media got that from) who is extremely deranged as well... but in her own way. The dynamic between the two is not a straightforward romance. It's more of a Tom & Jerry type situation. If this script is anything to go by, the film is 50 times more violent than any other mainstream comic-book movie we've seen. The body-count is through the roof, and the deaths are extremely gruesome. There's multiple decapitations, torture scenes, a castration (!!!), bombs going off, and a very CLOCKWORK ORANGE style rape scene, with the victim ending up dead. The "Singing in the Rain" rape scene from A Clockwork Orange is the best way to describe the "musical" aspect of this film. It's not a "La La Land", "A Star Is Born" type musical at all, and will make all traditional fans of the musical genre walk out of the theatre. It also won't be the type of music they're expecting from Lady Gaga at all. I don't want to spoil the ending for you, but let's just say there is not much of a possibility for a third Joker movie. This movie will blow people's minds if it's shot well. The script is shocking and doesn't even feel like a big-budget franchise movie. No way this gets a PG13 rating. Let's hope the studio doesn't interfere too much.

It’s obvious Phillips wants to push buttons, he did just that with 2019’s “Joker.” How to one-up that movie? Well, the above is definitely one way to do that.

Filming has yet to start on “Joker 2: Folie à Deux.”  The first film only took 18 months to go from being green-lit to worldwide theatrical release. If they start shooting this one in the next few months then maybe a fall 2023 release is feasible. Stay tuned.

Source: ‘Joker 2: Folie à Deux’ Script Details?

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/13/2022, 1:25 pm

Holy shit every single word of that script breakdown was just shocking and bat shit insane.

However, I hope some of those details are wrong especially in reference to Clockwork's nightmare fuel, I ain't having that shit.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 7/13/2022, 6:13 pm

That does sound bat shit. I really liked the possibility of Gaga as Harley though.

What is Clockwork Orange?
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 7/13/2022, 9:34 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:What is Clockwork Orange?
That’s it, you’re on time out.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/13/2022, 9:39 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:That does sound bat shit. I really liked the possibility of Gaga as Harley though.

What is Clockwork Orange?

I am really looking forward to Joker 2 but a musical rape scene where the victim then dies? Holy fucking bleak bullshit Batman, no dice!

Clockwork is a demented nightmare of A 70's movie that is regarded by some as a Stanley Kubrick classic but by others as a fucked up piece of shit made for psychopaths. I couldn't describe it if I wanted so just watch the trailer....

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 7/15/2022, 4:26 pm

Tyger wrote:That’s it, you’re on time out.

1 - Joker: Folie à deux (Phoenix / GaGa / Gleeson / Lofland) (October 4, 2024) Giphy

WyldeMan wrote:Clockwork is a demented nightmare of A 70's movie that is regarded by some as a Stanley Kubrick classic but by others as a fucked up piece of shit made for psychopaths. I couldn't describe it if I wanted so just watch the trailer....

That was weird. I thought you might have been referring to a graphic novel with a dark story or something.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/3/2022, 2:13 pm

Todd Phillips’ ‘Joker: Folie À Deux’ Gets Fall 2024 Release Date
1 - Joker: Folie à deux (Phoenix / GaGa / Gleeson / Lofland) (October 4, 2024) Mcdjok10
EXCLUSIVE: In the wake of Warner Bros Discovery axing Batgirl for HBO Max, it has put forward a silver lining for DC: Todd Phillips’ Joker sequel, Joker: Folie à Deux, is getting a October 4, 2024, release date.

Warners already had the day on hold for an untitled DC event film, so it’s not shocking to see Joker 2 wind up during the first weekend of October: Warners took the October domestic opening to a record level with $96.2 million with Joker in 2019. The film legged out to $335.4M domestic and globally it is the highest-grossing R-rated movie ever at $1.07 billion. Joker won two Oscars: Best Actor for star Joaquin Phoenix and Original Music Score for Hildur Guðnadóttir’s. The movie was nominated for 11 Oscars including Best Picture and Phillips for Best Director.

Deadline has learned about this from a recent update in Comscore.

As indicated in Phillips’ social media post of the screenplay cover back in June, the sequel is entitled Joker: Folie à deux, which is a French reference for a medical term pertaining to a mental disorder which affects two or more people.

We hear that a production start in December is on track for Joker: Folie à Deux.

As we previously reported, one of the reasons Batgirl was unplugged had to do with how it would upset the DC multiverse continuum that’s being mapped out heading toward The Flash on July 23, 2023. The David Zaslav-run Warner Bros Discovery is serious about making DC a brand that’s fiercely competitive with Disney’s Marvel.

Source: Deadline

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 8/3/2022, 5:20 pm

Almost 2 YEARS???!!!! This likely won't be a movie with huge special effects. They could have shot for Dec or January of next year.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/3/2022, 6:47 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Almost 2 YEARS???!!!! This likely won't be a movie with huge special effects. They could have shot for Dec or January of next year.

2024 is the only year they don't already have a DC movie scheduled and they probably realize it's going to take them at least two years to stabilize the DCEU once the massive restructuring is done. Also, October 4th, 2024 will be exactly five years to the day since the release of Joker.

Going forward, I fully expect them to continue with Black Adam sequels however that could always tank at the box office though I don't expect it to. But I think we're coming to an end with Shazam, Aquaman, Wonder Woman and at least one or two of the Batmen. I'd hope to see Batfleck move on while Keaton goes Beyond and Pattinson returns to his own franchise.

The WB could build a new Superman franchise around Michael B Jordan but I absolutely expect them to announce they've cancelled the planned Supergirl movie that's supposed to spin-off from The Flash.

I expect that WB is going to cancel virtually all planned/rumored future DCEU projects once they figure out who's going to be their Feige and that person will likely need a fresh foundation to rebuild from. 

Interestingly enough it would seem that both season 2 of Peacemaker and the planned Colin Farrell lead Penguin series are both still planned to continue at HBO Max despite the radical regime changes.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/4/2022, 11:49 am

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/7/2022, 10:50 am

Check out this fan made edit which brings Joaquin's Joker into the world of The Batman in a rather ingenious way, too bad they already showed a child Bruce in Joker.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 8/7/2022, 1:19 pm

Would have been very cool if they did it this way just by chance. lol But having a young Bruce ruins everything.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/8/2022, 2:33 pm

Zazie Beetz In Talks To Return For ‘Joker: Folie à Deux’
1 - Joker: Folie à deux (Phoenix / GaGa / Gleeson / Lofland) (October 4, 2024) Joker-14
EXCLUSIVE: We hear on good authority that Zazie Beetz is in talks to reprise her role as Sophie Dumond in the Todd Phillips directed Warner Bros/DC sequel Joker: Folie à Deux.

The movie, which is set to start shooting in December, will hit theaters on Oct. 4, 2024. Lady Gaga announced on social media recently that she’s joining the cast to the movie, which is rumored to be a musical, with the Oscar winner buzzed to play the Joker’s g.f. Harley Quinn. Joaquin Phoenix is also returning as Arthur Fleck.

Beetz’s Sophie was the neighbor of Arthur Fleck; a single mom struggling in Gotham City. He had delusions of having a romance with her.

Beetz recently starred in this past weekend’s No. 1 box office film, Bullet Train opposite Brad Pitt, which made over $60M worldwide.

The Atlanta star was recently seen in season 3. She was nominated for Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series at the Primetime Emmys for the Donald Glover FX series in 2018.

She starred in the Netflix western, The Harder They Fall, which she shared a Gotham tribute award on. Her feature credits include Dreamworks Animation’s The Bad Guys, Searchlight’s Lucy in the Sky, the upcoming Jennifer Gerbert directed movie Shelter, Deadpool 2 and Seberg opposite Kristen Stewart. She’s also a voice on the Prime Video animated series Invincible.

The first Joker is the highest grossing R-rated movie ever at the global box office with $1.07 billion and won two Oscars for Best Original Score and Phoenix as Best Actor.

Beetz recently told Deadline she recently finished shooting another Black Mirror episode.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/22/2022, 2:34 pm

‘Joker: Folie á Deux’ boasts $98.7 million budget, will shoot in California for tax credits
1 - Joker: Folie à deux (Phoenix / GaGa / Gleeson / Lofland) (October 4, 2024) Joker-15
Say goodbye to that iconic staircase in the Bronx that the Clown Prince of Crime likes to dance on, because the upcoming DC film Joker: Folie á Deux will be shooting in California, due to tax credits, and the film will also boast a budget of nearly $100 million.

Joker: Folie á Deux has a reported production budget of $98.7 million, and is expected to receive an estimated $12.6 million in tax credits by filming in The Golden State, Deadline reported.

That is a budget that represents nearly double that of the 2019 original film, with the Todd Phillips-directed Joker having a budget of only $55 million, according to Box Office Mojo.

Joaquin Phoenix won an Oscar for portraying the mentally-troubled stand-up comedian Arthur Fleck in the first movie, which was acclaimed for the filmmaking craft on display, such as its Academy Award-nominated cinematography by Lawrence Sher. Phoenix wasn’t the only one to take home a golden statue, either, since the film also won the Academy Award for best original score for composer Hildur Guðnadóttir’s haunting music.

What we know so far about Folie á Deux is that it will once again star Phoenix as the titular Joker, and is adding the talents of pop star and actor Lady Gaga in an as-of-yet unnamed role. The current rumor is that Gaga, who picked up an Oscar for best original song for 2018’s “Shallow” from A Star is Born, a film for which she also garnered an acting nom, will play Harley Quinn, Joker’s psychiatrist-turned-partner-in-crime. Other rumors include that the movie will be a musical, and take place entirely in Arkham State Hospital.

The fact that Folie á Deux is filming in California would certainly seem to add some credibility to the rumor that the film takes place entirely in a mental asylum, since such a setting can be easily achieved in a movie studio. However, it’s also entirely possible they will simply recreate exterior scenes on the streets of Gotham City on other, exterior movie sets in Tinsel Town.

In a statement of thanks to the California Film Commission’s Film and Television Tax Credit Program, writer-director Phillips lauded Los Angeles for having “more resources” for making films than any other city.

“Having spent the last several years filming in iconic locales here in the U.S. and around the globe, I’m looking forward to returning to work in the place I call home and to serving the state by bringing a project of this scope to California.”

Folie á Deux is expected to hit theaters on October 4, 2024.

Source: WeGotThisCovered

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/13/2022, 4:55 pm

Brendan Gleeson Joins Musical ‘Joker’ Sequel
1 - Joker: Folie à deux (Phoenix / GaGa / Gleeson / Lofland) (October 4, 2024) Brenda10
Brendan Gleeson is set to join Joaquin Phoenix and Lady Gaga in Todd Phillips’ Joker: Folie à Deux, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.

The Warner Bros. and DC Films project is a sequel to Joker, the Oscar-winning, $1 billion-grossing, 2019 box office hit based on the DC villain. Gleeson’s latest film is Banshees of Inisherin, from director Martin McDonagh and co-starring Colin Farrell, which will bow in Venice ahead of a North American premiere in Toronto.

Gleeson and Farrell starred in the director’s 2008 film breakout In Bruges. Phillips wrote the script for Joker: Folie à Deux with Joker co-writer Scott Silver. The new project’s title references a medical term for an identical or similar mental disorder that affects two or more individuals, usually members of the same family.

Warner Bros. has set an Oct. 4, 2024, release for Joker: Folie à Deux. Deadline was the first to report on Gleeson joining the Joker sequel.

Source: THR

‘Joker: Folie à Deux’ Casts Jacob Lofland in Key Arkham Asylum Role
1 - Joker: Folie à deux (Phoenix / GaGa / Gleeson / Lofland) (October 4, 2024) Jacob-10
Rising actor Jacob Lofland has nabbed a key role in Joker: Folie à Deux, the sequel to the Oscar-winning and billion-dollar grossing film Joker that starred Joaquin Phoenix and was directed by Todd Phillips.

Phoenix and Phillips are back in their respective roles for the new project, centered on the infamous Batman villain, and are being joined by Lady Gaga, Brendan Gleeson, and Catherine Keener on the calls sheet.

Plot details are being kept tied in a straight jacket, but it is believed to be set in part in Arkham Asylum, the insane asylum frequented by many of Batman’s villains in the comics. The project also has a musical component. Additionally, the title references a medical term for an identical or similar mental disorder that affects two or more individuals.

In a key supporting role, Lofland will play an inmate at the asylum who develops a relationship with Arthur Fleck, aka The Joker.

Phillips wrote the script with Joker co-writer Scott Silver. Production us due to begin November with shoots in Los Angeles and New York.

Warner Bros. has set an Oct. 4, 2024 release.

Lofland made his debut opposite Matthew McConaughey and Tye Sheridan in the 2013 indie hit, Mud, and he was a supporting player in the Maze Runner movie franchise, playing the character Aris. Lofland also played the younger version of the character played by Pierce Brosnan in the Western series, The Son, which ran two seasons AMC.

Source: THR

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/13/2022, 4:57 pm

Both Gleeson and Lofland are two great additions to this cast, I'm a fan of both of their work.

I know the article doesn't specify if Lofland is playing an established villain or a new character but I could see him making an excellent Jonathan Crane. He's been talented and underrated for years so I'd like to see him have a big breakout role here.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 9/13/2022, 6:49 pm

Gleeson is a nice addition for sure. He's probably playing the head of Arkham Asylum.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/13/2022, 6:52 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Gleeson is a nice addition for sure. He's probably playing the head of Arkham Asylum.

Gleeson would make a great Hugo Strange. Cool

However, with Bruce Wayne being a child in the Joker it's likely they won't be introducing too many of his rogues.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/15/2023, 11:46 am

1 - Joker: Folie à deux (Phoenix / GaGa / Gleeson / Lofland) (October 4, 2024) 23021510

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 2/16/2023, 3:12 pm

Yeah, I can see the craziness in the eyes.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/16/2023, 10:13 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Yeah, I can see the craziness in the eyes.

Yup, Dr Quinzel is definitely down to clown. Cool

The caption of the photo was "Happy Valentine's Day".

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/5/2023, 12:04 pm

1 - Joker: Folie à deux (Phoenix / GaGa / Gleeson / Lofland) (October 4, 2024) 784e1110
Residents of Downtown Los Angeles were treated with a sight from their windows of a costumed Joaquin Phoenix running through their streets on March 4. Joaquin Phoenix is currently filming various chase sequences with stunt men for the highly anticipated 2024 movie Joker: Folie à Deux.

The streets of 8th and Broadway were closed off to the public in advance of filming. Set decoration involved piles of waste in trash bags that covered the verges of the sidewalks. A familiar graffitied phone booth can be spotted by fans of the first Joker movie in 2019. Various missing and advertisement posters are placed on lamp posts. Vehicles from the 80s line the streets at a stand still at the traffic lights. Emergency vehicles are also present from Gotham police to the fire department.

Joaquin Phoenix was spotted on set in full costume, wearing a grey suit accompanied but a mustard shirt and buckled shoes. His suit appears to be covered in ash from debris, which can speculate how Joaquin’s character Arthur Fleck has come to be covered in such a state. Faded clown make up on his face is highly recognisable from the finale events of the first movie, however it has worn off perhaps due to the events taking place in this sequence of filming.

You can view our full image gallery from the Downtown Los Angeles filming of Joker: Folie à Deux here.

As the filming begins, Joaquin Phoenix is seen getting out of a vehicle and is chased down the street by two individuals. The first is a man dressed in a clown mask which was worn by the rioters in the first movie. The second is a man who is dressed from head to toe in the same iconic red suit and make up that we saw Arthur Fleck succumb to his madness in. The chase progresses to emergency vehicles in pursuit and the clown mask rioter is knocked over by one of the police vehicles. Many people on social media have speculated that the individuals in the chase are either imposters helping Arthur Fleck escape the police or they are in fact hallucinations of Arthur Fleck’s past.
We also now know that Joker: Folie à Deux will be set in 1983 going by articles and magazines in the Gotham Herald newspapers on set. This means that the time has advanced by a couple of years since the first events in Joker 2019, which was set in 1981. Joker: Folie à Deux is expected to carry out further filming in Los Angeles over the next few weeks. Other locations of filming later this month include New York and New Jersey. Casting appearances will be made by Lady Gaga, Zazie Beetz, Brendan Gleeson and Catherine Keener. Recently Director Todd Phillips shared our first look at Joaquin Phoenix and Lady Gaga together as Joker and Harley Quinn.

The sequel, at this present time, is to be lead as a musical. It comes as no surprise with Lady Gaga being an award-winning worldwide performer, singer and songwriter. Joaquin Phoenix is not a rookie to singing either, he picked up a Grammy award for his performance as Johnny Cash in Walk the Line (2005). Lady Gaga is also an academy award winner, picking up best original song for A Star is Born in 2019.

Joker dominated film awards in 2020, sweeping awards at the Oscars, BAFTAs, Golden Globes and even at film festivals. The winning awards included Best Leading Actor for Joaquin Phoenix and Best Original Score for composer Hildur Guðnadóttir. Writer, Scott Silver has also returned and reunited with Todd Phillips to bring the sequel screenplay to life. Scott Silver and Todd Phillips were nominated across a variety of film ceremonies in 2020 for Best Screenplay.

1 - Joker: Folie à deux (Phoenix / GaGa / Gleeson / Lofland) (October 4, 2024) A2aaed10

1 - Joker: Folie à deux (Phoenix / GaGa / Gleeson / Lofland) (October 4, 2024) 7d68af10

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 3/7/2023, 9:50 am

This role has not been easy on him. He looks very frail just like he did on the first one.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/7/2023, 12:02 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:This role has not been easy on him. He looks very frail just like he did on the first one.

Phoenix has always been small, from his childhood til now. I don't think he looks any thinner than he always has.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 3/7/2023, 7:28 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Phoenix has always been small, from his childhood til now. I don't think he looks any thinner than he always has.

No way! He was in good shape in his Gladiator days. But in Joker, his ribs sticking out was a little much. I think he dropped a few more pounds than usual for this character.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next