BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thor: Love And Thunder (July 8, 2022)

4 posters

Go down

Thor: Love And Thunder (July 8, 2022) Empty Thor: Love And Thunder (July 8, 2022)

Post by WyldeMan 12/11/2020, 10:50 pm

Thor: Love And Thunder (July 8, 2022) R4qzz810

Sif Returns To The MCU: Jaimie Alexander To Reprise Role In ‘Thor: Love And Thunder’
Thor: Love And Thunder (July 8, 2022) 15088310
After missing out on Thor: Ragnarok, Jaimie Alexander is set to make return to Asgard. Sources tell Deadline Alexander will return to the next installment in the Thor series, Thor: Love And Thunder in the role of Sif.

Marvel had no comment.

Sources also add this may not be the only property Sif appears as insiders believe Alexander could also have a guest spot on the Disney+ series Loki.

Both projects were part of the Disney Investors Presentation where Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige announced the return of Chris Hemsworth as Thor and also confirmed Christian Bale castings for Thor: Love And Thunder. Production on that film begins next month with Taika Waititi returning as director.

As for Loki, the series will premiere next May with Tom Hiddleston playing the title character. Owen Wilson and Gugu Mbatha-Raw are also on board.

Alexander’s character was a fan favorite in the first two installments as one of Thor’s companions in Asgard and return should excite the franchise’s fan base.

In TV, Alexander recently starred in thriller drama series Blindspot, which aired on NBC for five seasons.

Christian Bale To Play The Villain In ‘Thor: Love And Thunder’
Thor: Love And Thunder (July 8, 2022) Christ10
Oscar winner Christian Bale is officially making his foray into the Marvel Cinematic Universe. He is set to play Gorr the God Butcher in Thor: Love And Thunder, the fourth installment of the Thor franchise that is being directed by Taika Waititi.

Chris Hemsworth as Thor, Natalie Portman and Tessa Thompson return to their roles in the pic, which is schedule to open in theaters on May 6, 2022.

The Bale casting and character was confirmed Thursday by Marvel boss Kevin Feige during Marvel Studios’ portion of Disney Investor Day.

Gorr the God Butcher is part of the original Marvel comic IP. He inherits supernatural powers and looks to destroy all gods as payback after his family is killed one by one, and he has a history of run-ins with Thor and Loki.

Marvel announced Thor: Love and Thunder at San Diego Comic-Con in 2019, with the plot including Portman’s character becoming first female Thor on screen.

The three previous Thor movies have grossed more than $1.9 billion worldwide.

Last edited by WyldeMan on 5/31/2022, 1:09 pm; edited 3 times in total
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Thor: Love And Thunder (July 8, 2022) Empty Re: Thor: Love And Thunder (July 8, 2022)

Post by UltimateMarvel 12/11/2020, 10:59 pm

Jaimie Alexander, very nice!

Portman becomes a female Thor, so it begins.....
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Thor: Love And Thunder (July 8, 2022) Empty Re: Thor: Love And Thunder (July 8, 2022)

Post by WyldeMan 12/11/2020, 11:12 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Jaimie Alexander, very nice!

Portman becomes a female Thor, so it begins.....

Every single superhero in the next wave of the MCU will be a woman because "The Future is Female".
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/29/2021, 11:04 am

‘Thor: Love And Thunder’: Russell Crowe Lands Role In Sequel
Thor: Love And Thunder (July 8, 2022) The-mu11
Russell Crowe has joined the cast of Marvel’s Thor: Love And Thunder joining Chris Hemsworth, who is reprising his role as the God of Thunder, Natalie Portman and Christian Bale, who will be playing the villain. The role is being kept under wraps and the hope was to surprise fans with this fun cameo when the film was released but following recent photos of Crowe hanging out with the cast all over Australia, Deadline has confirmed he is in the movie. Insiders say Crowe is one of many surprises to come out of the film with Matt Damon also confirmed to reprise his cameo from Thor: Ragnarok.

Taika Waititi is back as director of the of the movie with plot details being kept under wraps. The film is set to bow on May 6, 2022.

Crowe was recently tapped to star opposite Zac Efron in Peter Farrelly’s The Greatest Beer Run Ever, which was just acquired. On top of that he was most recently seen in the Solstice Studios thriller Unhinged.

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/22/2021, 8:05 pm

Russell Crowe has revealed that the god Zeus is his mystery role in the upcoming Marvel sequel Thor: Love and Thunder.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 4/23/2021, 4:49 pm

Cool! He will probably get killed by Bale's character since he's going after all the gods.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/23/2021, 8:36 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Cool! He will probably get killed by Bale's character since he's going after all the gods.

Have they worked together since 3:10 to Yuma? I can't recall.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/18/2022, 11:31 am

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 4/18/2022, 3:01 pm

I didn't think it could get worse than Ragnarok, teaser was trash.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 4/18/2022, 4:09 pm

WORSE than Ragnarok, the only decent Thor movie??
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 4/18/2022, 4:58 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:I didn't think it could get worse than Ragnarok, teaser was trash.

LOL. Ragnarok is the only one worth watching.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 4/18/2022, 8:22 pm

Tyger wrote:WORSE than Ragnarok, the only decent Thor movie??

Rusty wrote:LOL. Ragnarok is the only one worth watching.

There are people who like Ragnarok and those that don't, I fall in the latter category. I've only seen it once. First Thor is the best one in my opinion.

This one on the other hand is a whole new level of trash. Given the cast, I hope I'm wrong but if it's 60% comedy then it's an epic fail. Of course it won't be because we have Jane as Thor now and women > men.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/19/2022, 8:50 am

Rusty wrote:
UltimateMarvel wrote:I didn't think it could get worse than Ragnarok, teaser was trash.

LOL. Ragnarok is the only one worth watching.

I gotta agree with you guys of all the Thor movies, Ragnarok is the only one that I actually enjoyed.

However, I don't know what to feel about the returning Jane. She's been gone for so many years and movies already, she missed the entire Infinity War saga but still gets to return now and take over the franchise? That's not too cool with me but Marvel's future is female and they're going to shoehorn in as many lady heroes as they can regardless. Meh, I'd have preferred Lady Sif finally got her due.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 4/19/2022, 2:07 pm

It was too comedic for me even for a superhero movie. I think this is something that Chris wanted for Ragnarok from what I've read. Jane as Thor might actually be a huge improvement at this point.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 4/19/2022, 5:50 pm

Thor didn’t work seriously, it just didn’t. Part of that is the casting, part is writing, but those first 2 movies are so bland and forgettable. Ragnarok might not technically be a good Thor movie, I can’t say, I’m not a big fan of the character, but it’s definitely the only movie with Thor in the lead worth watching more than once.

Assuming Jane will be an alt universe version, but I could be wrong
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/19/2022, 7:53 pm

Tyger wrote:Thor didn’t work seriously, it just didn’t. Part of that is the casting, part is writing, but those first 2 movies are so bland and forgettable. Ragnarok might not technically be a good Thor movie, I can’t say, I’m not a big fan of the character, but it’s definitely the only movie with Thor in the lead worth watching more than once.

Assuming Jane will be an alt universe version, but I could be wrong

Thor absolutely did not work in the way they first tried to establish it. However Taika Waititi has proven that he has a real ability to wrangle the absurd. I love his work on the Star Wars and Thor properties and I hope he keeps working on both for years to come.   

Ohhh it's multiverse Jane? I'd been assuming this whole time it was the OG Jane. I thought they were gonna say that she was slowly changed from her experiences in the worst Marvel movie ever, Thor 2. I think it was that black goo ether that slimed it's way all up in her. I seem to remember Thor talking about it to the Guardians of the Galaxy in Infinity War.

BTW, Thor and the Guardians especially when he teamed up with Rocket, are way more fun than any of the Avengers ever were and I need more of this which is just another reason I enjoyed the Love and Thunder trailer. If Chris Pratt and Dave Bautista don't want to continue on, I hope Thor will join Rocket, Groot and Mantis on further adventures. He's still searching for his purpose and I wouldn't hate it if the Asguardians of the Galaxy became his.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 4/20/2022, 7:51 am

First Thor in it's serious tone was good to me. The acting was better and the way they spoke was different, it's changed now after his time on Earth but it was good. I just saw it differently, we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one.

I do love it when Rocket, Groot, and Thor team up. They had great scenes in Infinity War.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/20/2022, 3:45 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:First Thor in it's serious tone was good to me. The acting was better and the way they spoke was different, it's changed now after his time on Earth but it was good. I just saw it differently, we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one.

I do love it when Rocket, Groot, and Thor team up. They had great scenes in Infinity War.

Thor and Rocket could easily lead the Guardians going forward and I hope they do. Thor's been in such a deep depression for so many movies now that I'd like to see the poor bastard finally have some fun and I can think of nobody better than Rocket to lead the way to fun.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/26/2022, 4:13 pm

What are your thoughts on Star-Lord lookin rough in this trailer? Do you think it's cause he's still mourning Gamora and let himself go a bit or is he just trying to grow out his hair to compete with Thor the Angel Pirate Baby?

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 4/28/2022, 5:07 pm

Probably the hair. But the dynamic with Gamora is going to be so different now.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/23/2022, 8:31 pm

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 5/24/2022, 4:47 pm

I like Bale's look but that's about the only good thing I'll say about this, it just looks terrible to me.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/24/2022, 8:24 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:I like Bale's look but that's about the only good thing I'll say about this, it just looks terrible to me.

Bale's such a goofy lookin mother fucker, even doing his Powder impression I can still recognize him by his alien jaw.

I was a bit surprised to see the trailer reveal this is in fact Thor's ex Jane and not some alternate version of her and in the 8 years since they lost saw each other, she kind of became a bit of a dick. Razz

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 5/25/2022, 5:56 pm

Yeah that surprised me too
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/31/2022, 1:08 pm

Tyger wrote:Yeah that surprised me too

I just figured out why Jane said they broke up three years ago and Thor said it'd been eight. The only reason that makes any sense is because of The Snap. Jane died with everybody else, which means while they never said it in Endgame but Fat Thor was also mourning Jane's death.

When I first heard the line in the trailer, I thought she was being a bit of a bitch but when I watched the trailer again I remembered The Blip.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 5/31/2022, 5:13 pm

Ohhhhh shit, good catch
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/1/2022, 9:44 am

Tyger wrote:Ohhhhh shit, good catch

Well I'd thought about that line a few times since hearing it and I couldn't figure out why Jane was being so casually mean about how long it'd been. She was an astrophysicist so numbers are kind of her thing and it seemed like an odd line to me. The Snap also helps explain Jane's long absence from the MCU and her sudden return.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/22/2022, 9:26 am

How Natalie Portman Grew Nine Inches Taller for ‘Thor: Love and Thunder’
Thor: Love And Thunder (July 8, 2022) 2-spli10
For “Thor: Love and Thunder,” Natalie Portman is returning not only as Jane Foster — the brilliant astrophysicist and ex-girlfriend of Asgardian warrior Thor (Chris Hemsworth) — but as the Mighty Thor, Jane’s superhero persona when she comes into possession of the mystical hammer Mjolnir.

Becoming a Marvel Studios hero meant Portman worked with a trainer for 10 months before and during shooting to build up her muscle mass in a way she’d never been asked to before.

“I definitely got as big as I’ve ever been,” Portman explained for Variety‘s cover story. “You realize, ‘Oh, this must be so different, to walk through the world like this.'”

Portman means that quite literally. Along with getting her arms and shoulders as swole as humanly possible, Portman’s Mighty Thor also stands 6 feet tall — nearly 10 inches larger than Portman’s actual height.

“As a 5-foot-3 woman, I don’t know that I’m ever going to be cast again as a 6-foot character,” Portman said with a laugh. “I really relished people seeing me as big.”

To date, no one has figured out how an actor can safely elongate their body, so director Taika Waititi and his crew needed to figure out how to get Portman to the proper height for scenes in which she walked with her co-stars. Their solution proved to be about as low-tech as a Marvel movie can get.

“We’d rehearse the scene, they’d see the path, and then they’d build a path that was like one foot off the ground or whatever, and I would just walk on that,” Portman explained.

When Variety asked Portman’s costar Tessa Thompson — who is reprising her role as Valkyrie from 2017’s “Thor: Ragnarok” — about the process to embiggen Portman’s Mighty Thor, the actor immediately broke into laughter.

“They would call it a deck, but depending on the accent, sometimes it sounded like something else,” Thompson recalled. “Because we’re all children.”

“It was actually one of our running jokes,” Portman said before leaping up from her chair with a grin. She began demonstrating how Hemsworth would contort his body to cross over the deck during shooting without breaking his stride. “Chris would have to …” she said before attempting to take a wide step while keeping her head level. She giggled: “They’d all have to navigate my deck!”

The experience of becoming a Marvel superhero also gave Portman a new perspective on what Hemsworth has had to do for over a decade to maintain his Asgardian physique.

“It’s a quite intense and quite disciplined lifestyle to get to that appearance,” she said. “Chris works so, so hard. Just constantly, every time he has a break, he has to be doing some sort of training. … It’s also the eating and saunas and ice baths and sleep, all this stuff to get everything looking right. It’s a full-time job!”

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 6/22/2022, 9:33 am

That's funny! She does look amazing, I've never seen her with muscles in other roles before.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/22/2022, 2:38 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:That's funny! She does look amazing, I've never seen her with muscles in other roles before.

She's always been 98lbs in every single movie before. I don't think she's ever worked out like this before but I was quite amused by how much she enjoyed her new found size and telling everybody to "navigate her deck". 

Turns out that Portman is a real size queen, all she ever wanted was nine inches.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/23/2022, 1:38 pm

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/9/2022, 9:58 am

Love and Thunder. Now I get it.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 7/9/2022, 10:06 pm

Saw it tonight, it was fun but I thought Ragnarok had better balance
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 9/13/2022, 11:23 am

Watched it last night and it was worse than I expected. This may be the worst MCU movie. Jokes, jokes, and more jokes. Zeus portrayed as an idiot by a great actor, Bale did what he could with what was given. How do you have Bale and Crowe and still manage to fuck it up this bad? Taika needs to stay away from Marvel.

This is going under worst movies of this year too. What a waste of time!
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/13/2022, 1:00 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Watched it last night and it was worse than I expected. This may be the worst MCU movie. Jokes, jokes, and more jokes. Zeus portrayed as an idiot by a great actor, Bale did what he could with what was given. How do you have Bale and Crowe and still manage to fuck it up this bad? Taika needs to stay away from Marvel.

This is going under worst movies of this year too. What a waste of time!

I watched it over the weekend but clearly I enjoyed it more than you did, lol. There are many other MCU movies I liked far less, so I can't agree that this is the worst one. I didn't love it but I found it to be an amusing watch. Waititi, Hemsworth, Bale and Portman all wanted to make a movie with their children, so they did. No Marvel project are really that good at this point, they just make lots of money and slightly move the characters overall arc along.

You still like Russell Crowe? I gave up on him over a decade ago when he gave up on not looking like a sweaty, fat piece of shit in every role way. I couldn't even tell you the last time he made a movie that I was able to finish, so very small doses of Crowe work best. 

Taika has a specific sense of humor that you either enjoy or you don't and as you expressed with Ragnarok, you weren't a fan then either.

Recently though, Taika said that he's done with Thor and it'll be up to someone new to continue the story after Love and Thunder, so maybe you can whatever you want this franchise to be with someone else but Kenneth Branagh and Alan Taylor made the first two Thor movies super serious and they both flat out sucked IMO. How much is there really left for him to do in future sequels? He should have died at the end of Love and thunder but instead he became a father.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 9/13/2022, 7:04 pm

WyldeMan wrote:I watched it over the weekend but clearly I enjoyed it more than you did, lol. There are many other MCU movies I liked far less, so I can't agree that this is the worst one. I didn't love it but I found it to be an amusing watch. Waititi, Hemsworth, Bale and Portman all wanted to make a movie with their children, so they did. No Marvel project are really that good at this point, they just make lots of money and slightly move the characters overall arc along.

You still like Russell Crowe? I gave up on him over a decade ago when he gave up on not looking like a sweaty, fat piece of shit in every role way. I couldn't even tell you the last time he made a movie that I was able to finish, so very small doses of Crowe work best. 

Taika has a specific sense of humor that you either enjoy or you don't and as you expressed with Ragnarok, you weren't a fan then either.

I'd rather watch She-Hulk.

Thor: Love And Thunder (July 8, 2022) Giphy

WyldeMan wrote:Recently though, Taika said that he's done with Thor and it'll be up to someone new to continue the story after Love and Thunder, so maybe you can whatever you want this franchise to be with someone else but Kenneth Branagh and Alan Taylor made the first two Thor movies super serious and they both flat out sucked IMO. How much is there really left for him to do in future sequels? He should have died at the end of Love and thunder but instead he became a father.

Good riddance Mr. Waititi! I'd rather watch the first 2 than the last 2. I don't think they should make solo Thor movies from now on. He should only make appearances when they team up. In the end it said Thor will return so not sure where he'll pop up again.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/13/2022, 7:20 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:I'd rather watch She-Hulk.

Thor: Love And Thunder (July 8, 2022) Giphy

Thor: Love And Thunder (July 8, 2022) Giphy-downsized-large

UltimateMarvel wrote:Good riddance Mr. Waititi! I'd rather watch the first 2 than the last 2. I don't think they should make solo Thor movies from now on. He should only make appearances when they team up. In the end it said Thor will return so not sure where he'll pop up again.

Well the Avengers are all unemployed and the Thunderbolts don't seem to have a space for him so I have no idea where he could go next.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 9/23/2022, 1:17 am

Finally watched this last night. Not quite as good as Ragnarok, but shit-loads better that the first two fiascos.

Disappointing to read Waititi won't be doing one more to sew up his own trilogy.

Abe is wrong.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/23/2022, 8:52 am

Rusty wrote:Finally watched this last night. Not quite as good as Ragnarok, but shit-loads better that the first two fiascos.

Disappointing to read Waititi won't be doing one more to sew up his own trilogy.

Abe is wrong.

Nice to hear from someone with sense.

It is a bummer since he's the only director to really figure out how to adapt Thor for the screen but Taiki isn't going to far as he's turning his attention to Star Wars now that he's moving on from Marvel.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 9/23/2022, 6:36 pm

To Abe's point, I wouldn’t say he figured out how to make Thor work in general. However, he certainly figured out how to make the Thor they had work and I look forward to any future Thor far less now.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 9/26/2022, 10:47 am

I absolutely don't like the extremely comedic version of Thor. The character is inconsistent from Ragnarok to Infinity War to End Game. I think the Russo's do a much better job and they only went with fat Thor because of the success of Ragnarok and that was a mistake in my opinion. Clearly funny doesn't always work judging by the BO numbers for Love and Thunder.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/26/2022, 11:39 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:I absolutely don't like the extremely comedic version of Thor. The character is inconsistent from Ragnarok to Infinity War to End Game. I think the Russo's do a much better job and they only went with fat Thor because of the success of Ragnarok and that was a mistake in my opinion. Clearly funny doesn't always work judging by the BO numbers for Love and Thunder.

I wouldn't praise the Russo's genius too much, we've seen what they create when given enough rope and it's The Gray Man.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 9/26/2022, 9:21 pm

WyldeMan wrote:
I wouldn't praise the Russo's genius too much, we've seen what they create when given enough rope and it's The Gray Man.

Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down