BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Favorite Movies of the Decade (2010-2019)

3 posters

Go down

Your Favorite Movies of the Decade (2010-2019) Empty Your Favorite Movies of the Decade (2010-2019)

Post by WyldeMan 12/19/2019, 3:19 pm

With 2019 drawing to a close it's time to select your favorite movies of the decade. They don't need to be blockbusters or everybody's favorite, just yours.

Your list doesn't need to be limited to a specific number of titles but mine will likely be around 30 in total with some honorable mentions for those that didn't quite make the cut but are still deserving of the recognition. The majority of my list is made of movies that I've already seen multiple times and I still enjoy every time. I will try to avoid including titles that I've only watched once unless I'm sure it's worthy of multiple viewings too but those will likely end up on the previously mentioned Honorable Mentions section.  

I'll also list my favorite franchise of the decade and my top actor and actress.

Beyond that I don't have any real guidelines as it's just something I'm doing for fun and I look forward to comparing our lists.

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Your Favorite Movies of the Decade (2010-2019) Empty Re: Your Favorite Movies of the Decade (2010-2019)

Post by WyldeMan 12/30/2019, 9:00 pm

Here are my choices for the best movies of 2010-2019. These are the titles that I feel hold up after multiple viewings. The rankings are not in order of favorite but by year of release.

My Favorites Movies of the Decade:

The Town: Extended Cut (2010)
The Wolfman (2010)
Predators (2010)
Drive (2011)
Rise of the Planet of the Apes (2011)
Dredd (2012)
Lawless (2012)
Django Unchained (2012)
Riddick (2013)
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (2014)
Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
The Drop (2014)
John Wick (2014)
Mad Max Fury Road (2015)
The Hateful Eight (2015)
Star Wars the Force Awakens (2015)
Jurassic World (2015)
Baby Driver (2017)
War for the Planet of the Apes (2017)
Star Wars The Last Jedi (2017)
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017)
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (2018)
The Predator (2018)

Honorable Mentions

Nightcrawler (2014)
Ex Machina (2014)
Sicario (2015)
Hell or high Water (2016)
Godzilla: King of the Monsters (2019)

My Franchises of the Decade:

Planet of the Apes
Jurassic World

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Your Favorite Movies of the Decade (2010-2019) Empty Re: Your Favorite Movies of the Decade (2010-2019)

Post by UltimateMarvel 12/31/2019, 12:11 pm

I'm sure I've missed some and I've yet to see some of the 2019 movies but I will update the list for those that I've missed. I used THIS to come up with the list but it doesn't list everything.

My Favorite Movies of the Decade:

Inception (2010)
Django Unchained (2012)
The Dark Knight Rises (2012)
World War Z (2013)
Prisoners (2013)
Interstellar (2014)
Whiplash (2014)
Edge of Tomorrow (2014)
Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)
Gone Girl (2014)
Nightcrawler (2014)
X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014)
John Wick (2014)
The Hateful Eight (2015)
The Martian (2015)
The Big Short (2015)
Sicario (2015)
Deadpool (2016)
Hacksaw Ridge (2016)
Don’t Breathe (2016)
Wonder Woman (2017)
Get Out (2017)
Logan (2017)
Baby Driver (2017)
Sicario: Day of the Soldado (2018)
A Star is Born (2018)
Avengers: Endgame (2019)
Joker (2019)
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/31/2019, 2:32 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:I'm sure I've missed some and I've yet to see some of the 2019 movies but I will update the list for those that I've missed. I used THIS to come up with the list but it doesn't list everything.

My Favorite Movies of the Decade:

Django Unchained (2012)
John Wick (2014)
The Hateful Eight (2015)
Baby Driver (2017)

Interesting, out of our lists only the above four made both. But I haven't seen many of the movies on your list either.

I didn't realize how many movies of this decade I never even saw until I started working on my list. I've got probably another 30 or so in my queue on Prime and Hulu so I might have an addition or two as well in the future. I watched a lot of movies but very few of them felt like something I'd watch twice and that's the real test for me, replayability.

I also used Wiki for my list, they have a very helpful database for purposes such as this.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 1/2/2020, 6:36 pm

I’m also using Wikipedia, kept getting surprised at when a lot of things came out. I might keep editing this post, if nothing else just to find a format I don’t hate. I want to write a little about each, but I don’t like the way it looks.

My Favorite Movies of the Decade*
Inception (2010)
Black Swan 2010
Drive (2011)
The Wolf of Wall Street (2013)
Veronica Mars (2014) This one is purely because I was a Kickstarter backer. I've been a fan since somewhere around the middle of the first season of Veronica Mars when it originally aired on UPN and always felt it was cancelled way too soon. I was never part of the Mars bars or any other original campaigns to save the show, but this was a real shot to bring back something I loved with no risk. The campaign started shortly before the new Arrested Development episodes began airing on Netflix so I had no real doubts. I still enjoy the movie as it is and for what it was, but it did kind of derail everything even though we wouldn’t have the books or another season without it.
Interstellar (2014)
Keanu (2016)
La La Land (2016)
Baby Driver (2017) This was a real surprise. I was thiiiiis close to putting Scott Pilgrim on my list actually which was another movie I was surprised by and I remember thinking the title sounded fucking stupid when the news of Wright losing Ant-Man broke. Baby Driver feels very classic, but fresh at the same time. The attention to detail and the way the music works with the movie is just so damn impressive but it just has fun and moves forward and doesn’t try to shove the cleverness in your face. I also bought both soundtracks.
Blade Runner 2049 (2017) This one was the surprise of a lifetime. I saw the original as a kid and just remember it being boring as fuck. I watched it again before this and I still think it’s largely boring and not a great movie, but it does have style for days so I kind of get the cult status. Blade Runner 2049 though really takes the themes and style and takes them to the next level. Cinematography is beautiful, but the themes were taken so far forward and the performance from Gosling was phenomenal, worth resurrecting a dead franchise.

* In order of release, strictly limited myself to a top 10, don’t plan on doing honorable mentions for top 10, but may add some other mini lists.

My Favorite Franchises of the Decade
The Marvel Cinematic Universe There is no questioning. I’m a lifelong DC fan, but Marvel pulled off the unimaginable with this. All but 2 movies comprising the Infinity Saga were released in this decade, multiple franchises wrapped into one huge one. Even the lesser movies are elevated by their involvement and payoff in the overall universe. The Iron Man arc throughout the films specifically feels so much more substantial than I ever would have expected 12 years ago.

Toy Story With Toy Story 3 released in 2010 and Toy Story 4 released in 2019, this franchise actually bookends the decade. While still bright and colorful and funny, they really leaned into the existentialism with these two. They’re heartbreaking, but really well told stories that remind me of the dark movies I grew up watching.

Jumanji Adding this to the list after watching The Next Level. The whole time Welcome to the Jungle was announced and in development and production and promotion I had absolutely no fucking interest in it. I ended up randomly seeing it in theaters to kill time and actually had a lot of fun. It referenced the original but did it’s own thing and that was definitely the way to go. The Next Level builds on that and seems to be setting up a sequel to be more reminiscent of the original which feels like a great way to end things.

Honorable Mentions

John Wick With three movies released starting in 2014, it’s the only real franchise of this decade. I love the first, the second was disappointing and the third was good, but not as good as the original which is why this doesn’t make the main list. I expect the future to be fun, but inconsistent as well.

Last edited by Tyger on 1/6/2020, 7:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/4/2020, 12:12 pm

Tyger wrote:I’m also using Wikipedia, kept getting surprised at when a lot of things came out. I might keep editing this post, if nothing else just to find a format I don’t hate. I want to write a little about each, but I don’t like the way it looks.

My Favorite Movies of the Decade*
Inception (2010)
Black Swan 2010
Drive (2011)
The Wolf of Wall Street (2013)
Veronica Mars (2014)
Interstellar (2014)
Keanu (2016)
La La Land (2016)
Baby Driver (2017)
Blade Runner 2049 (2017)

My Favorite Franchises of the Decade
The Marvel Cinematic Universe There is no questioning. I’m a lifelong DC fan, but Marvel pulled off the unimaginable with this. All but 2 movies comprising the Infinity Saga were released in this decade, multiple franchises wrapped into one huge one. Even the lesser movies are elevated by their involvement and payoff in the overall universe. The Iron Man arc throughout the films specifically feels so much more substantial than I ever would have expected 12 years ago.
Toy Story With Toy Story 3 released in 2010 and Toy Story 4 released in 2019, this franchise actually bookends the decade. While still bright and colorful and funny, they really leaned into the existentialism with these two. They’re heartbreaking, but really well told stories that remind me of the dark movies I grew up watching.

Sorry I missed this until now Tyger.

Looks like Baby Driver has made all of our lists. I have lost count of how many times I've already seen that one and it's only two years old. Very very very few movies, have that kind of staying power these days for me. 

I only saw Inception (2010) and Black Swan (2010) one time upon their initial releases and didn't realize a full ten years had passed since then. I might need to give those another go if they come across any of my streaming services. But I still haven't seen Blade Runner 2049 even one time yet.

Browsing those Wiki release lists I had the same reaction as you Tyger to when some of these movies came out. I also noticed lots of movies I'd seen one time and forgotten they'd even existed or there were a few movies I watched once, really liked and planned to view again but forgot about those too.

I plan to edit my original list as I continue to view movies from the last decade. You just never know what's gonna click and that's the best thing about a favorite movies list, its always changing and across Prime and Hulu I've got quite the Queue built up right now.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/6/2020, 11:00 am

Inception is now available on Netflix, just added this month I believe.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/6/2020, 3:13 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Inception is now available on Netflix, just added this month I believe.

Of course they did, after I cancelled my subscription due to lack of any new additions not from Bollywood. Sonsofbitches!

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down