BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Thoughts

5 posters

Page 22 of 23 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

Go down

Random Thoughts - Page 22 Empty Re: Random Thoughts

Post by joey con carne 12/13/2019, 8:28 am

Tyger wrote:I loved that movie back in the day, saw it in theaters. I had the VHS, I want to say it was blue. Now I have the blu-ray.
Did it come with a slip?

I remember the scene when they were showing each other their tattoos. What's mine say? Dude! What's mine say? Sweet! WHAT'S MINE SAY??

My 4K blu-ray of Dredd is arriving tomorrow. I don't even have a 4K player but this is one movie I will want. Also, it does come with the blu-ray but I don't think that will play in my current blu-ray player. My brudda loaned me his copy and it didn't work. I think it's the same disc.

So for you firearm experts, I was wondering:

On 1911 pistols, I always see the beavertail run into the grip. I believe this functions as a safety where the pistol will not fire unless it is held in a tight grip to push in the safety. Why do some guns use this grip safety and some do not? Is it a preference thing? Is this type of safety prone to malfunction? Do you prefer this type of safety in the grip? When compressed, it is my understanding the beavertail comes down a little bit as it is all one part. Does this ever affect the comfort of holding a gun with a grip safety?
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/13/2019, 9:20 am

Tyger wrote:I loved that movie back in the day, saw it in theaters. I had the VHS, I want to say it was blue. Now I have the blu-ray.

Duuuuude!!! All these years nobody has ever mentioned the movie before here but it turns out at least three of us enjoyed it. I remember laughing my ass off in the theaters with a big group of friends back in the day but I hadn't thought of it in forever. Which is kind of strange considering it starred Ashton and Sean William Scott, two dudes I still see all the time.

I might need to stream this today.

joey con carne wrote:
Did it come with a slip?

I remember the scene when they were showing each other their tattoos. What's mine say? Dude! What's mine say? Sweet! WHAT'S MINE SAY??

My 4K blu-ray of Dredd is arriving tomorrow. I don't even have a 4K player but this is one movie I will want. Also, it does come with the blu-ray but I don't think that will play in my current blu-ray player. My brudda loaned me his copy and it didn't work. I think it's the same disc.

So for you firearm experts, I was wondering:

On 1911 pistols, I always see the beavertail run into the grip. I believe this functions as a safety where the pistol will not fire unless it is held in a tight grip to push in the safety. Why do some guns use this grip safety and some do not? Is it a preference thing? Is this type of safety prone to malfunction? Do you prefer this type of safety in the grip? When compressed, it is my understanding the beavertail comes down a little bit as it is all one part. Does this ever affect the comfort of holding a gun with a grip safety?

That tattoo scene killed me.... Razz 

I haven't seen Dredd in quite some time, damn another movie for my queue!!

I prefer a good beavertail, my Kimber 1911's have them and I have never found them to be uncomfortable nor have they ever failed me. I like a multi function safety so I can carry loaded and not have to worry about it. I can't speak for other manufacturers but the Kimber is the smoothest 1911 action I've ever had and I never felt unsafe with one. If anything the beavertail makes it feel like there is less recoil, more comfort and control in my experience.

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 12/13/2019, 10:49 am

Ever fire a Browning 1911 380? https://www.browning.com/products/firearms/pistols/1911-380/current-production/black-label-1911-380-full-size.html

Its like 80% the size of a full-size 1911. Smaller caliber as well. I wish NYC has less strict gun laws.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/13/2019, 12:16 pm

joey con carne wrote:Ever fire a Browning 1911 380? https://www.browning.com/products/firearms/pistols/1911-380/current-production/black-label-1911-380-full-size.html

Its like 80% the size of a full-size 1911. Smaller caliber as well. I wish NYC has less strict gun laws.

I have fired many Brownings, just nothing smaller than 9mm. They are a quality piece and the 1911 was Browning's creation.

But $700 for a .380? I know it's been a few years since I bought a new pistol but I paid $800 for my Kimber .45, so that price on the .380 is kind of Shocked .

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/13/2019, 4:55 pm

Judging by my earlier post, I take it I'm the only one here working on their Best Movies of the Decade list? That's disappointing, you'd think a forum that was once founded on a love of movies would have interest in a list that you only make once every ten years for fun. When I finished with ine I was looking forward to comparing how you guys ranked your choices over the last ten years.

I used the Wiki annual movie release lists and chose the movies I enjoyed the most starting in 2010 and then whittled the list down from there. What I discovered though was that right around 2015 I stopped seeing the majority of movie releases and have seen very few releases of the last five years.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 12/13/2019, 5:51 pm

Dang, I missed your post. Any chance you can link it? Let me see whatchoo gotz.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/13/2019, 8:40 pm

joey con carne wrote:Dang, I missed your post. Any chance you can link it? Let me see whatchoo gotz.

It was back one page from December 6th. I didn't post my list yet only said that I was working on one and asked if anybody else was. I'll probably have it up in the next few days, I may just create a thread for it to sticky if you guys have anything to add to it.

I find myself rewatching old favorites more and more these days than anything new. Anybody else?

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/13/2019, 8:46 pm

Adam Sandler and Cole Sprouse make Big Daddy reunion after 20 years
Random Thoughts - Page 22 Elqimi10

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 12/13/2019, 9:59 pm

joey con carne wrote:Ever fire a Browning 1911 380? https://www.browning.com/products/firearms/pistols/1911-380/current-production/black-label-1911-380-full-size.html

Any reason you're going for a .380?

Might want to check ammo prices. The sheer popularity and options for 9mm would probably make it a cheaper option if you plan on doing a lot of shooting.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 12/14/2019, 4:42 pm

heh heh I'm not getting a pistol. I just really enjoy going to the range whenever I travel out of New York. Just a pipe dream of mine to ever own one.

I do have a further question regarding ammunition not that you bring it up. A .45 is larger than a .40 which is larger than a .357. Why is a .380 smaller than a 9mm? I would think a .380 is larger than a .357 but smaller than a .40. I'll read up on this but thought I would throw the question out there.

In other news, my 4K of Dredd came and, again, two of the corners have visible damage. But, on the plus side, the blu-ray plays just fine after taking two minutes to load up. Woo hoo I will be watching some fuckers get killed tonight by Dredd and Anderson.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/14/2019, 5:45 pm

joey con carne wrote:I do have a further question regarding ammunition not that you bring it up. A .45 is larger than a .40 which is larger than a .357. Why is a .380 smaller than a 9mm? I would think a .380 is larger than a .357 but smaller than a .40. I'll read up on this but thought I would throw the question out there.

Random Thoughts - Page 22 Lucky-10

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/15/2019, 11:07 am

Hellboy 2019 is such a massive pile of shit. I can't believe we never got GDT's HB3 but the studio approved this dumpster fire instead....

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 12/15/2019, 2:04 pm

That video is pretty interesting and educational. I dig it.

I didn't even bother with Hellboy. I would have watched it if it was dark and serious but it turned out to be a shitty comedy with David Harbour wearing a shitty rubber muscle suit. Reminded me of Giant Gonzalez from WWE. L-A-M-E
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 12/15/2019, 2:06 pm

WyldeMan wrote:
joey con carne wrote:Dang, I missed your post. Any chance you can link it? Let me see whatchoo gotz.

It was back one page from December 6th. I didn't post my list yet only said that I was working on one and asked if anybody else was. I'll probably have it up in the next few days, I may just create a thread for it to sticky if you guys have anything to add to it.

I find myself rewatching old favorites more and more these days than anything new. Anybody else?
You should make a thread for it, I’ll try to think
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/15/2019, 2:36 pm

joey con carne wrote:That video is pretty interesting and educational. I dig it.

I didn't even bother with Hellboy. I would have watched it if it was dark and serious but it turned out to be a shitty comedy with David Harbour wearing a shitty rubber muscle suit. Reminded me of Giant Gonzalez from WWE. L-A-M-E

Hellboy made jokes like he was Peter Parker and was scared for a lot of the movie. The opening two minutes really told me everything I needed to know about the movie and I just ignored my instincts and kept watching. The first movie had such a great opening sequence and 15 years later the effects still hold up but this reboot somehow looked very 90s and incredibly dated, the effects budget feels bottom of the barrel SyFy movie. What a dumpster fire! Thumbs down.

Tyger wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:

You should make a thread for it, I’ll try to think

Alright then, I'll sticky the thread when I post mine. I found the first half of the decade to be loaded with good choices and almost nothing in the last five years. Is it just me or are movies all really bad right now? Speaking of new disappointments...

After Hellboy I watched Rambo Last Blood and things were going good until it turned into Death Wish and then maybe 30 people died in the whole movie. Didn't Rambo kill like 500 people when he went to Berma? Last Blood was just super depressing and felt so unnecessary and left a lot of plot unsolved. Rambo was already severely traumatized from decades of abuse and the dude finally finds peace and a family but in the end, he's bleeding out all alone on his porch and his adopted daughter is dead. WHAT THE FUCK?!?! I couldn't even enjoy the movie because the direction it took halfway through was pure depression and sadness, not fun brutal murder like the rest of the franchise.

Of the movies I've watched this week; Venom, Hellboy and Last Blood are all thumbs down for me. I can't wait to see what other new releases will turn out to be garbage. Any recommendations?

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 12/15/2019, 3:46 pm

I enjoyed Last Blood. A few plot holes here and there. Like his mysterious healing factor while Gabrielle still had stitches. Why didn't Rambo waste Giselle knowing she's the one who sold out Gabrielle.

I feel like he should have let those guys suffer after they stepped into his funhouse. Instead, as soon as they hit a trap he kills them. Boooo.

I will look at some movies released in the last ten years and see what's good, too.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/15/2019, 6:14 pm

joey con carne wrote:I enjoyed Last Blood. A few plot holes here and there. Like his mysterious healing factor while Gabrielle still had stitches. Why didn't Rambo waste Giselle knowing she's the one who sold out Gabrielle.

I feel like he should have let those guys suffer after they stepped into his funhouse. Instead, as soon as they hit a trap he kills them. Boooo.

I will look at some movies released in the last ten years and see what's good, too.

Not killing the bitch Giselle that lured her to her death because Rambo doesn't kill women no matter how big of a bag of shit they are... Evil or Very Mad

Rambo also didn't let any of the scumbags suffer, as soon as they were hit with obviously fatal wounds he would expedite their deaths instantaneously, even the ones on fire. He just left the cartel sex slave quarters open and they were right back to work 30 minutes after he killed a couple of them and took her back. So all the girls were left enslaved by the evil fucks who helped lure Gabrielle to her horrible end, got away fine. John Rambo leaves no survivors EVER, so what the fuck was this????

The trailer was all funhouse action but the tunnel assault amounted to maybe five minutes of screen time. Rolling Eyes

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/16/2019, 2:58 pm

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 12/16/2019, 8:05 pm

WyldeMan wrote:
Spoiler:

Looks great. Jennifer Connolly is aging very well.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/17/2019, 9:39 am

Rusty wrote:Looks great. Jennifer Connolly is aging very well.

Random Thoughts - Page 22 Giphy

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/17/2019, 9:46 am

Joker is now streaming online.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 12/17/2019, 11:41 am

WyldeMan wrote:Joker is now streaming online.

Nice! I'll check it out this week. Got a lot of stuff to watch this week, hopefully I can catch up before The Witcher releases on Friday.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 12/17/2019, 6:32 pm

HAd some serious focking drinkswith my peeps tonight. God damn. I needed this. On a Tuesday night. That’s fucked up.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 12/18/2019, 2:51 pm

Spoilers for Rise of Skywalker is out. Sounds (reads?) pretty lame-o.

https://www.cnet.com/news/star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-ending-explained/
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 12/18/2019, 3:42 pm

What kind of satanic game is this? Very creepy trailer.

UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 12/18/2019, 4:30 pm

Those look like pretty expensive graphics for Hot Topic Lesbian: The Game
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/18/2019, 6:43 pm

Tyger wrote:Those look like pretty expensive graphics for Hot Topic Lesbian: The Game

I played the game in high school, turned out the Hot Topic lesbian cashier only looked like one. I won that game. Cool

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/18/2019, 8:22 pm

This takes me back, Jackass and CKY were all the rage when I was in high school, back then I loved watching stupid people attempt Darwin Awards.

Jackass will continue to prevail on the big screen as Paramount has announced tonight a March 5, 2021 release date for the fourth movie. Based on the MTV reality stunt-prank series that launched in 2000, created by Johnny Knoxville, Spike Jonze and Jeff Tremaine, Paramount took the brand to the big screen in 2002. Through three movies to date, the franchise has racked up over $335M.

Tremaine directed the last three movies in addition to Knoxville comedy Bad Grandpa which grossed $151.8M back in the fall of 2013 and was billed as a ‘Jackass presents’ production.

There are three other wide entries already on the calendar for March 5-7, 2021: Sony’s Masters of the Universe, an untitled Universal movie and untitled Warner Bros. feature.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 12/18/2019, 8:29 pm

You guys heard about the impeachment? Majority House of Rep. voted yes.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/18/2019, 10:34 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:You guys heard about the impeachment? Majority House of Rep. voted yes.

The 200 cock sucking republicans who all voted no will stage a coup before he's ever removed from their orifice.

Joey, this hit you?

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/19/2019, 9:53 am

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/19/2019, 10:15 am

December 9th was the fifth year anniversary of this iteration of BDTV. Cool

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 12/19/2019, 11:29 am

Wow! Time really flies.

Looks like they sped up the video of the snow, comments pointed it out. You can see people across the building being sped up.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/19/2019, 1:19 pm

Been workin on my favorite movies of the decade list but there are so many that I haven't seen yet that I'm trying to catch up before I can complete mine.

How are your lists coming?

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 12/19/2019, 1:48 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Been workin on my favorite movies of the decade list but there are so many that I haven't seen yet that I'm trying to catch up before I can complete mine.

I haven't started on mine yet but I will post it in the thread when I'm done with it.

I doubt it'll be more than 10 movies per year though.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/19/2019, 1:53 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:Been workin on my favorite movies of the decade list but there are so many that I haven't seen yet that I'm trying to catch up before I can complete mine.

I haven't started on mine yet but I will post it in the thread when I'm done with it.

I doubt it'll be more than 10 movies per year though.

I was trying to keep my whole list to around three movies per year and around 30 total but some years were way better than others, so I'm not quite sure how it'll break down yet but I'll have it done no later than New Years Eve.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 12/19/2019, 2:29 pm

Make a thread with some rules or guidelines so there’s some kind of consistency
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/19/2019, 3:22 pm

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 12/19/2019, 5:36 pm

I missed the snow squall. I had left the city early enough.

Shouldn’t a decade be measured from 2011 to 2020?
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/19/2019, 6:42 pm

joey con carne wrote:I missed the snow squall. I had left the city early enough.

Shouldn’t a decade be measured from 2011 to 2020?

No it should not, unless you would like to wait another year to make those lists when we've already got ten very viable ones.

2000-2009 and 2010-2019 define the decades for me, ten year chunks of time unless you're an accountant or something doing real math. scratch

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/19/2019, 7:15 pm

Tyger, the 180 minute Director’s Cut of Doctor Sleep lands on Digital (4K streaming) January 21st. It's nearly 30 minutes longer than the version you saw, maybe it'll be better?

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 12/19/2019, 7:51 pm

I’m open to it. I didn’t dislike the movie really, I just didn’t love it. It’s got flaws but when it works it works.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/21/2019, 10:46 am

Netflix's The Witcher is dope.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/21/2019, 10:08 pm

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 12/22/2019, 9:15 am

Can't believe they shot part 2 already.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down