BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Thoughts

5 posters

Page 5 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14 ... 23  Next

Go down

METOO - Random Thoughts - Page 5 Empty Re: Random Thoughts

Post by joey con carne 5/20/2019, 4:39 am

I was starting to fear the site was gone for some sort of Terms of Service violation or something.

Relief!
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/20/2019, 7:44 am

Rusty wrote:Did anyone else notice this forum being down for the past 6 hours or so?

Tried to get on all day and it always went straight to the main Forumotion website.

Yes we all did, it was an issue that apparently took down all forums across the entire forumotion site, I had absolutely no way to get past the main page that you were getting to inform you guys of what was going on. Until I was able to track down the company's twitter page, I thought they'd deleted our forum.

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/20/2019, 8:35 am

After Game of Thrones took a giant shit last night, I was happy to find that Barry immediately rectified that for me with another brilliant Bill Hader performance and a fantastic Season 2 finale. Hader went full on Frank Castle and it was awesome, his film career should be far better than it has been, he's wasted with just comedic roles because he's an incredible dramatic actor too.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 5/20/2019, 5:50 pm

I almost died yesterday guys. I was 10 feet away from this guy...

METOO - Random Thoughts - Page 5 Snake10

Never come so close to a snake in my life and you guys know I don't like snakes. It was like Russ was playing a cruel joke all the way from Australia. lol Russ, as an expert in this area, I need to know if it's poisonous. I watched him go all the way and he made a right on that corner. He's no longer in that spot now and he's somewhere just waiting to take me out. I think I have another picture that's a little clearer so you can see his color marks.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 5/20/2019, 6:22 pm

Damn, homey. You're still using a Galaxy S5? It's as old as my iPhone 6.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/20/2019, 8:46 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:I almost died yesterday guys. I was 10 feet away from this guy...

Never come so close to a snake in my life and you guys know I don't like snakes. It was like Russ was playing a cruel joke all the way from Australia. lol Russ, as an expert in this area, I need to know if it's poisonous. I watched him go all the way and he made a right on that corner. He's no longer in that spot now and he's somewhere just waiting to take me out. I think I have another picture that's a little clearer so you can see his color marks.

That looks like a rat snake but it's kind of hard to determine with that picture. Did it have a checkerboard like pattern on the scales or was it solid black? They're constrictors so they squeeze their prey to death but nothing bigger than birds or small rodents, hence the name "rat snake". I'm no expert but you're not likely to be assassinated by a rat snake, however if it is not a rat snake and something actually dangerous, you could possibly die by following my information. Just remember, knowledge is half the battle! Also a good anti-venom, that's probably the other half. 

However, i would just probably grab a shovel and take its head because it's breeding season and you might have two dozen eggs about ready to hatch all around your house. Then again, it's a great rat killer so you could live in harmony with it. To be or not to be, that is the question....

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 5/20/2019, 10:10 pm

joey con carne wrote:Damn, homey. You're still using a Galaxy S5? It's as old as my iPhone 6.

Yeah, I don't really care about phones much. I only talk and text.

WyldeMan wrote:That looks like a rat snake but it's kind of hard to determine with that picture. Did it have a checkerboard like pattern on the scales or was it solid black? They're constrictors so they squeeze their prey to death but nothing bigger than birds or small rodents, hence the name "rat snake". I'm no expert but you're not likely to be assassinated by a rat snake, however if it is not a rat snake and something actually dangerous, you could possibly die by following my information. Just remember, knowledge is half the battle! Also a good anti-venom, that's probably the other half. 

However, i would just probably grab a shovel and take its head because it's breeding season and you might have two dozen eggs about ready to hatch all around your house. Then again, it's a great rat killer so you could live in harmony with it. To be or not to be, that is the question....

Here is another one with a different phone. I think it ate something because it's stomach looks bigger.

METOO - Random Thoughts - Page 5 Snake11
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/20/2019, 10:24 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Here is another one with a different phone. I think it ate something because it's stomach looks bigger.

Oh that looks like a bull snake or maybe a gopher snake. It does look like it just ate but look how small that meal is, probably a mouse.

Either way, you're freaking out way too much over this, how have you never encountered snakes before? I held a ton of them growing up, I was always catching snakes and frogs as a kid. Where do you live again? It doesn't look like anything but a common field snake to me basically but like I said, just kill it if you can't live in fear.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 5/21/2019, 4:53 am

Noooo, don’t kill it. It is innocent. Just trying to get by on meager portions of mice.

I would say call animal control if you want it gone. I dont think they will kill it... if anything maybe the snake prevented that mouse from getting into your house and breeding! Then you would have a mouse problem which is a lot worse than just one snake (as long as it is not poisonous). L
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/21/2019, 8:12 am

joey con carne wrote:Noooo, don’t kill it. It is innocent. Just trying to get by on meager portions of mice.

I would say call animal control if you want it gone. I dont think they will kill it... if anything maybe the snake prevented that mouse from getting into your house and breeding! Then you would have a mouse problem which is a lot worse than just one snake (as long as it is not poisonous). L

Dude, do you really think Abe is going to kill the snake? He probably doesn't even own a shovel.

You would call animal control Joey? Is that something city folk really do over a small rodent snake? Huh, you learn something new everyday.

Snakes and spiders are pretty much the same to me, they're keeping the other invasive critters at bay and since none of them can really hurt me, I don't mind em unless they're in my house.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 5/21/2019, 8:51 am

If I saw a snake I would probably scream like a lil girl “EEEEEEEEEEEEE”. Then I would run.

As long as its not in my house, we are both safe.

I hate insects in my house. I suck them into my Dyson and empty the bin with its dead carcass outside.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 5/21/2019, 9:38 am

Jason Mitchell appears to be taking a lot of heat right now. I skimmed the article but it doesn't appear to go into what happened. Does anyone here know? The article and others imply sexual misconduct but I don't know for sure.

His agency dropped him, his manager dropped him, Netflix dropped him, and he's gone from Showtime's show The Chi.

I love it when famous people get fucked up!

joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 5/21/2019, 11:05 am

WyldeMan wrote:Oh that looks like a bull snake or maybe a gopher snake. It does look like it just ate but look how small that meal is, probably a mouse.

Either way, you're freaking out way too much over this, how have you never encountered snakes before? I held a ton of them growing up, I was always catching snakes and frogs as a kid. Where do you live again? It doesn't look like anything but a common field snake to me basically but like I said, just kill it if you can't live in fear.

I live in Ohio. This is the first time I've seen a snake up close, except in a zoo. I hope it's not a female, I don't want to see more of them.

joey con carne wrote:Noooo, don’t kill it. It is innocent. Just trying to get by on meager portions of mice.

I'm not going to kill it. Like I said, I'm afraid of snakes.

WyldeMan wrote:Dude, do you really think Abe is going to kill the snake? He probably doesn't even own a shovel.

You would call animal control Joey? Is that something city folk really do over a small rodent snake? Huh, you learn something new everyday.

Snakes and spiders are pretty much the same to me, they're keeping the other invasive critters at bay and since none of them can really hurt me, I don't mind em unless they're in my house.

I do own a shovel you sumbitch! How dare you?!

I also thought of calling somebody. If it was anything other than snakes, I'd handle it myself. Problem is it's nowhere to be found now. Now I'm gonna have to buy snake repellent.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/21/2019, 12:55 pm

joey con carne wrote:Jason Mitchell appears to be taking a lot of heat right now. I skimmed the article but it doesn't appear to go into what happened. Does anyone here know? The article and others imply sexual misconduct but I don't know for sure.

His agency dropped him, his manager dropped him, Netflix dropped him, and he's gone from Showtime's show The Chi.

I love it when famous people get fucked up!

Nothing specific has been mentioned as far as I know but it was serious enough that he was dropped immediately following a very quick look into said allegations. I seem to recall he had another incident a couple years back too.

UltimateMarvel wrote:I live in Ohio. This is the first time I've seen a snake up close, except in a zoo. I hope it's not a female, I don't want to see more of them.

According to google, Ohio has three venomous snake; The copperhead and two types of rattlesnake and those pictures you showed look nothing like a copperhead and it didn't have a rattler and a fairly small head. I still maintain it's something like a rat or gopher snake and not at all a threat to you. 

However, this still kind of blows my mind because I've seen so many snakes since I was little that I couldn't even wager a guess as to a number. I remember back in elementary school we had a frequent guest called The Reptile Man and he brought all kind of exotic snakes, lizards and other creepy crawlers for kids to see and hold so I was exposed to them at a young age and maybe that's why I don't fear them. I fondly remember holding a ball python on my shoulders when I was about 8 years old.

But hey if you're willing to track it down and take some better photos, then I will reevaluate as to whether it wants to murder you and your whole family or not.

UltimateMarvel wrote:I do own a shovel you sumbitch! How dare you?!

Is it your gardening shovel because I feel like you have a gardening shovel for your many flower beds and potted plants.

UltimateMarvel wrote:I also thought of calling somebody. If it was anything other than snakes, I'd handle it myself. Problem is it's nowhere to be found now. Now I'm gonna have to buy snake repellent.

Who would you call? Where I live animal control will only come out AFTER you've trapped the animal for them because they have zero interest in coming out and then trying to find the critter themselves. I live in a do it yourself city.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 5/21/2019, 3:13 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Is it your gardening shovel because I feel like you have a gardening shovel for your many flower beds and potted plants.

No, a real shovel but I didn't buy it. I think it was my uncle's and he left it here.

WyldeMan wrote:Who would you call? Where I live animal control will only come out AFTER you've trapped the animal for them because they have zero interest in coming out and then trying to find the critter themselves. I live in a do it yourself city.

I think that might be the case here as well. No way they're going to go around your lawn trying to find it, it'd be a waste of time.

Even though it's nonpoisonous, they still bite I think and I want no part of that.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/21/2019, 3:15 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:No, a real shovel but I didn't buy it. I think it was my uncle's and he left it here.

Of course it was an inherited shovel, I didn't expect you to own your own. Razz

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 5/21/2019, 5:28 pm

Why do a lot of brands market their wireless earbuds as "true" or "truly" wireless? If they are wireless they are wireless. Why do they have to add that buzzword? Is there such a thing as wired wireless earbuds?
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/21/2019, 8:22 pm

joey con carne wrote:Why do a lot of brands market their wireless earbuds as "true" or "truly" wireless? If they are wireless they are wireless. Why do they have to add that buzzword? Is there such a thing as wired wireless earbuds?

I truly believe it sounds like you have conviction in your product when you use buzzwords.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 5/21/2019, 11:53 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:I almost died yesterday guys. I was 10 feet away from this guy...

Spoiler:

LOL sorry mate. Don't know much about US snakes other than rattlers.

A quick search and looking at the pattern, points me to an Eastern Fox Snake, which is a non-venomous species found in some eastern US states, including Ohio.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 5/22/2019, 7:23 am

WyldeMan wrote:Of course it was an inherited shovel, I didn't expect you to own your own.  Razz

It's mine now BITCH! Razz

Rusty wrote:LOL sorry mate. Don't know much about US snakes other than rattlers.

A quick search and looking at the pattern, points me to an Eastern Fox Snake, which is a non-venomous species found in some eastern US states, including Ohio.

It's cool. As long as it's not poisonous, it's all I care about.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/22/2019, 8:15 am

Rusty wrote:LOL sorry mate. Don't know much about US snakes other than rattlers.

I've seen the spiders you people have in your nightmare prison colony so I imagine that the snakes probably eat the alligators. Razz 

UltimateMarvel wrote:It's cool. As long as it's not poisonous, it's all I care about.

General consensus here is some form of rat snake, so you're probably good.

I'm currently watching The Waterboy for the first time in probably ten years since its on Netflix.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 5/22/2019, 9:45 am

Foosball is not for the Devil. It’s for my Bobby.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/22/2019, 1:19 pm

joey con carne wrote:Foosball is not for the Devil. It’s for my Bobby.

I didn't appreciate Fairuza Balk enough back in the day.... Twisted Evil

The part with Big Slow as Captain Insano calling Bobby a virgin and laughing at him after he says that he's a 31 year old waterboy, still makes me laugh.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 5/22/2019, 2:15 pm

I'm thinking about getting a projector and finally building my theater room. Anyone have any recommendations? I've been researching and Epson seems to be a popular choice at about $1500.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/23/2019, 4:53 pm

Today marks the 25th anniversary of Star Trek: The Next Generation's series finale so naturally CBS has released a teaser for their upcoming Picard series.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 5/23/2019, 5:45 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:I'm thinking about getting a projector and finally building my theater room. Anyone have any recommendations? I've been researching and Epson seems to be a popular choice at about $1500.

One of my friends had an Epson and that shit was bomb. He got it back when 1080p was the "in" thing and it was an excellent projector. We watched Planet Earth on a 120" screen and it was truly phenomenal. I do not recall the model, though.

WyldeMan wrote:Today marks the 25th anniversary of Star Trek: The Next Generation's series finale so naturally CBS has released a teaser for their upcoming Picard series.

http://picard.ytmnd.com/

You may have to refresh it to get the audio to play. Love it.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 5/24/2019, 7:56 am

joey con carne wrote:One of my friends had an Epson and that shit was bomb. He got it back when 1080p was the "in" thing and it was an excellent projector. We watched Planet Earth on a 120" screen and it was truly phenomenal. I do not recall the model, though.

Cool! This specific model of Epson I'm looking at (5040UB) seems like a popular one but it's got issues with it's power supply. I'm looking at BenQ models right now. This will be my first projector purchase.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 5/24/2019, 6:16 pm

After doing a lot of research, I think I've finally decided. The Optoma UHD50 4K projector, it's not real 4K. They call it pixel shifting but on a large screen, it's got very good reviews on picture quality for color and black levels. Real 4K projectors all start at $4,000 and up so that's way above my means right now but maybe in 5 years or so. I still have to save up for a subwoofer, which will be from SVS. I've always wanted to get one but I think I will get one on Black Friday this year because they have great discounts during that time.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/25/2019, 8:23 pm

AEDUB!!! AEDUB!!! AEDUB!!! AEDUB!!! AEDUB!!!  Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 5/25/2019, 9:29 pm

Are you seriously watching True Blood??
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/25/2019, 9:57 pm

Tyger wrote:Are you seriously watching True Blood??

Well I'm skipping every scene that doesn't have Deborah Ann Woll's Jessica Hamby in it which was about 99.99% of the first season, so kind of.

I still got a few weeks left in my HBO subscription through Hulu now that Game of Thrones is forever dead to me and Barry has ended its season, so I needed to give something else on HBO a go and they really don't have much. At least nothing I haven't already seen a bunch of times already,

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 5/26/2019, 1:40 am

I can’t remember how far I got but it got weirder and weirder as it went on
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/26/2019, 6:54 am

Tyger wrote:I can’t remember how far I got but it got weirder and weirder as it went on

Oh the show is terrible and barely watchable, that's why I only watch scenes with Jessica's character but yet it's still better than GoT's final season.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 5/26/2019, 9:40 am

Edit: My bad, meant to post this in the wrasslin' thread.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 5/31/2019, 6:49 am

Weekend is here. This week has dragged for me.

Any plans, guys? A traveling carnival has arrived by a church near my house. I'll be going there and checking it out. I'll buy a couple of overpriced philly cheesesteak or sausage sandwiches.

I like supporting those guys.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/31/2019, 8:22 am

joey con carne wrote:Weekend is here. This week has dragged for me.

Any plans, guys? A traveling carnival has arrived by a church near my house. I'll be going there and checking it out. I'll buy a couple of overpriced philly cheesesteak or sausage sandwiches.

I like supporting those guys.

Helping my folks with another garage sale. As I mentioned before, they are doing a big house cleaning and major downsizing and I always got lots of stuff to sell too. Easy way to make a good chunk of cash for very little work in the sunshine on a weekend. Cool

I do lots of side hustles for extra cash for investments and what not, mainly I just get bored easily since I work for myself and am always looking at interesting ways to make new sources of income. Does anybody here do any side hustles or do you guys maintain your whole living based on one income stream?

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 5/31/2019, 8:32 am

My brudda does stuff with older cars. He helps people track down parts for older muscle cars they are trying to rebuild. It's pretty interesting. He doesn't make a living on it but maybe pulls in $500 to a $1,000 per month doing that as a side thing. There's not a lot of overhead for him. All he does research, make calls, etc. to people about the parts he needs to find. I guess the overhead for him is time. It's pretty cool.

I do not do anything on the side except maybe buy and sell a stock here and there (which I haven't done in a few years). Working as an accountant isn't very exciting but I earn enough to pay my bills and save.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/31/2019, 9:13 am

joey con carne wrote:My brudda does stuff with older cars. He helps people track down parts for older muscle cars they are trying to rebuild. It's pretty interesting. He doesn't make a living on it but maybe pulls in $500 to a $1,000 per month doing that as a side thing. There's not a lot of overhead for him. All he does research, make calls, etc. to people about the parts he needs to find. I guess the overhead for him is time. It's pretty cool.

I do not do anything on the side except maybe buy and sell a stock here and there (which I haven't done in a few years). Working as an accountant isn't very exciting but I earn enough to pay my bills and save.

Who can't use an extra $1k a month? Some people work crazy overtime and never see their families and still couldn't clear that much. I've got a buddy that does a lot of automotive side hustles and his family make banks because of how damned expensive those parts are.

I always try to have 2 or 3 good side hustles going at a time so that I'm not living off my investment earnings entirely. In my experience, a good side hustle is more than worth the return if you are willing to put in the work.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 5/31/2019, 11:16 am

With technology these days, it's not always very difficult to make money even without a job.

One of my friends trolls OfferUp. One example of what he did was he saw a table being given away for free. He contacts the couple giving it away and makes arrangements to get the table immediately. He takes the picture the couple used and uploads it on his own profile saying he is selling it for $500. Within an hour he gets an offer to buy it for $300. He accepts and tells the guy he needs to come pick it up at the original person's address in one hour.

He goes to that couple's house and thanks them for the table and their generosity and asks if the husband can help him carry the table to the curb so his friend, who is coming in a bigger truck, can help him take it away. No problem! says the husband. Then he tells the husband his friend will be here within the hour and he will be out of here soon.

The couple goes back in the house. The guy comes to get the table. Hands my friend $300, takes the table and they both go their separate ways. $300 profit in an hour.

Another one of my friends picked up used tires for free from a guy's house. He put it up for sale on OfferUp. Made $65 that same afternoon.

Anyone who tells you "I'm broke because I can't find a job." but they somehow have a smartphone is too lazy to get off their butts.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/31/2019, 7:29 pm

joey con carne wrote:With technology these days, it's not always very difficult to make money even without a job.

One of my friends trolls OfferUp. One example of what he did was he saw a table being given away for free. He contacts the couple giving it away and makes arrangements to get the table immediately. He takes the picture the couple used and uploads it on his own profile saying he is selling it for $500. Within an hour he gets an offer to buy it for $300. He accepts and tells the guy he needs to come pick it up at the original person's address in one hour.

He goes to that couple's house and thanks them for the table and their generosity and asks if the husband can help him carry the table to the curb so his friend, who is coming in a bigger truck, can help him take it away. No problem! says the husband. Then he tells the husband his friend will be here within the hour and he will be out of here soon.

The couple goes back in the house. The guy comes to get the table. Hands my friend $300, takes the table and they both go their separate ways. $300 profit in an hour.

Another one of my friends picked up used tires for free from a guy's house. He put it up for sale on OfferUp. Made $65 that same afternoon.

Anyone who tells you "I'm broke because I can't find a job." but they somehow have a smartphone is too lazy to get off their butts.

OfferUp is a great way to make cash but I don't use it the way your friends do, lol. Man, that's pretty low doing the deal right in that couples driveway. I wouldn't trust that dude period. Razz

I've recently started a bulk candy vending business because of how much my six year old niece loves them, so I decided to set one up that she can help me run in town, just pour in some candy every few weeks and then collecting all the quarters and she has so much fun doing it. What she doesn't know about it however is I started it just for her, so all the profits just go into an account I set up for her and in the mean time she just has fun on collections and restocking trips around town with me. She's already a natural salesman at six years old and people have fun when she comes around to collect. You're never too young for a side hustle and I'm going to make sure that my niece can take care of herself early on.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 6/1/2019, 8:37 am

I thought the same as you but there are worse ways he could be making money so I just laughed when he told me.

The candy machine business sounds pretty cool. Do you give store owners or wherever you have your machines a cut of the earnings or anything like that? Do you lease a space? Do you buy the machines?
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/1/2019, 6:21 pm

joey con carne wrote:I thought the same as you but there are worse ways he could be making money so I just laughed when he told me.

The candy machine business sounds pretty cool. Do you give store owners or wherever you have your machines a cut of the earnings or anything like that? Do you lease a space? Do you buy the machines?

I bought them online from candymachines.com and I've set up five around town so far but no I do not pay commission on the locations I'm at. In my experience so far, most store managers are happy to have the free machine placement cause it keeps their employees from bitching and even if you pay commission it's typically about 10% so you'd only be kicking a few bucks to the manager and they aren't too interested in $5-$10 in quarters every month.

I don't really care about the money from the candy machines, this hustle is all about how much my niece enjoys the visits around town and I'm teaching her about money and work while she has fun. Maybe down the road I'll move into Full Line and start placing snack and soda machines in high traffic areas though, I'd be lying if I said I hadn't at least considered it. You can bank some serious cash if you're willing to invest in a quality machine up front.

I got three red, and two yellow but these are the same machines.

METOO - Random Thoughts - Page 5 Triple11

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 6/2/2019, 6:47 am

My favorite machines are the ones with the super bounce balls. No matter what, when I pass one of those machines and I have spare change, I have to buy one.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/2/2019, 8:33 am

joey con carne wrote:My favorite machines are the ones with the super bounce balls. No matter what, when I pass one of those machines and I have spare change, I have to buy one.

Really? I gotta be honest, if not for my niece I wouldnt' even notice vending machines because I just don't ever use them. Once I noticed how much she had to always search them out and find fun stuff I started paying more attention to the market in my area and realized it's pretty much wide open for a vending takeover. 

I had heard that super bounce and gumballs both sell pretty well and I've definitely found that to be true of the Nerds gumballs but I have not yet tried selling super bounces. Do you have a massive collection or do you just bounce them on the way home and lose them the same day? Also, what is the reason behind this?

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 6/2/2019, 8:44 am

I have a small collection. Maybe fifteen or twenty of them. All assorted colors and a couple of huge ones.

Ever since I was little I've always loved them. I don't know why I like them so much. I suppose the physics fascinates me. How does a tiny little rubber ball bounce so damn high with so little initial force? It's black magic, not physics!

They are fun to bounce and then chase down. I'm a kid at heart.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14 ... 23  Next