BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Thoughts

5 posters

Page 14 of 23 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18 ... 23  Next

Go down

METOO - Random Thoughts - Page 14 Empty Re: Random Thoughts

Post by WyldeMan 9/18/2019, 11:31 am

Tyger wrote:To think of where just digital video in general was when Saved by the Bell originally aired and now this is happening. I’m just so fucking old, man.

Oh I definitely understand, I used to spend a significant amount of time programming my VCR for shows such as Saved by the Bell. Kids today have no concept of video stores and streaming has changed everything.

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/18/2019, 2:27 pm

LOL, REALLY NBC? You lock down Slater and Jessie but skip Zack and Kelly? Shocked Razz Evil or Very Mad

There is a very good reason why neither Zack nor Kelly are a part of the upcoming Saved by the Bell revival: their portrayers have not (yet?) been asked.

“Honestly, I was never approached,” Mark-Paul Gosselaar, who played Zack, told our sister site Variety in the video below. “I woke up to the news this morning with a ‘huh’ kind of response.”

Why the seeming snub? “I kind of understand it… the business side of things,” given that MPG now stars on ABC’s mixed-ish and Peacock is an NBC upstart, the actor said. “But I had no idea [the revival idea] was that far along.”

But “I’ve always been interested [in a revival],” he affirmed.

Hunted down by TMZ also in the wake of the revival news, Gosselaar indicated that he was not alone in not hearing his oversized mobile phone ring. “I believe that Tiffani [Thiessen, who played Kelly] and I, and the rest of the cast, have not been approached yet,” he said. (Thiessen most recently played the mom on Netflix’s Alexa & Katie.)

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/20/2019, 12:23 pm

The day has finally arrived.....

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/23/2019, 1:55 pm

In reality its going to be even worse than I'd imagined Padalecki's post-Supernatural career would be!!!! Razz Razz 

What's next, Jensen Ackles as Rockford??

‘Walker, Texas Ranger’ Reboot Starring Jared Padalecki In the Works
METOO - Random Thoughts - Page 14 Jared-11
EXCLUSIVE: There is a new Walker, Texas Ranger in town. Supernatural star Jared Padalecki is set to headline and executive produce Walker, a reimagining of CBS’ long-running 1990s action/crime series Walker, Texas Ranger, I have learned.

The project, written/executive produced by Anna Fricke (Valor) and executive produced by Dan Lin (Lethal Weapon) and Dan Spilo (Sunnyside), is being shopped by CBS TV Studios. I hear the CW, home of Padalecki’s long-running series Supernatural, has emerged as a leading contender for the new show, with CBS, which aired the Chuck Norris-starring Walker, Texas Ranger, also considered a possibility.

Like the original series, created by Albert S. Ruddy & Leslie Greif, the reboot, in which Walker is getting a female partner, will explore morality, family, and rediscovering our lost common ground. At the center of the series is Cordell Walker (Padalecki), a man finding his way back to his family while investigating crime in the state’s most elite unit. Our broken widower and father of two returns home to Austin after being undercover for two years for a high profile case – only to discover that there’s even more work to be done at home. In a nod to the original series, Walker and his new partner — one of the only women in Texas Rangers’ history — are the modern day heroes our world needs, following their own moral code to fight for what’s right, regardless of the rules.

Texas native Padalecki and Fricke executive produce with Rideback’s Lin and Lindsey Libertore and Industry Entertainment’s Dan Spilo. Rideback and Industry Entertainment produce with CBS Studios.

I hear Walker is a straight reboot, in the vein of CBS’ Magnum PI and MacGyver, with a new incarnation of the beloved title character, vs. a sequel where the new lead is a descendant of the protagonist in the original series.

I hear there is great enthusiasm for Walker at the CW where Supernatural has been an institution, with its stars Padalecki and Jensen Ackles revered by CW fans and enjoying a very close relationship with the network’s president and big Supernatural fan Mark Pedowitz.

As Supernatural is heading into its 15th and final season, Pedowitz has made it clear that the door at the network is wide open for the creative team and talent of the show to return anytime. “You will always have a home here, and you will always have a personal fan in me,” he said at TCA last month.

Meanwhile, CBS has had success with reboots of classic procedurals like Hawaii Five-0, MacGyver and Magnum P.I., and the original Walker, Texas Ranger has a legacy on the network. It aired for eight seasons and spawned a followup TV movie, the 2005 Walker, Texas Ranger: Trial by Fire.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 9/23/2019, 4:08 pm

LOL It'll be hard for people not to see them as Sam and Dean. One of the downsides to shows running for so long.

WyldeMan wrote:The day has finally arrived.....

Wow! I mean......get a life.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 9/24/2019, 12:48 am

METOO - Random Thoughts - Page 14 OXtbuOt
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/24/2019, 9:18 am

I don't care if he lives in Texas now, he can't pull off the hat. It's something a man either can or can't and he absolutely can't so the thought of Sammy wearing that hat for every episode is just laughable.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 9/24/2019, 6:57 pm

WyldeMan wrote:I don't care if he lives in Texas now, he can't pull off the hat. It's something a man either can or can't and he absolutely can't so the thought of Sammy wearing that hat for every episode is just laughable.

The fact it might end up on The CW is going to kill it for me. It'll be shot in Canada, and it'll be full over everyone that made the last 8 years of Supernatural shit. Not just in story, but by visuals.

If they film it in the south - Texas/New Mexico/Oklahoma - then it'll at least look right.

Oh, and the writer tapped for it, Anna Fricke, just happens to be married to Jeremy Carver - the guy that was Supernatural show-runner from season 7 to 11. Season 7 and it's Leviathans was when the show completely shit the bed and never recovered.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 9/24/2019, 9:19 pm

Rusty wrote:Oh, and the writer tapped for it, Anna Fricke, just happens to be married to Jeremy Carver - the guy that was Supernatural show-runner from season 7 to 11. Season 7 and it's Leviathans was when the show completely shit the bed and never recovered.

That just killed it for anyone who was on the fence. Laughing
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/24/2019, 9:34 pm

Rusty wrote:The fact it might end up on The CW is going to kill it for me. It'll be shot in Canada, and it'll be full over everyone that made the last 8 years of Supernatural shit. Not just in story, but by visuals.

If they film it in the south - Texas/New Mexico/Oklahoma - then it'll at least look right.

Oh, and the writer tapped for it, Anna Fricke, just happens to be married to Jeremy Carver - the guy that was Supernatural show-runner from season 7 to 11. Season 7 and it's Leviathans was when the show completely shit the bed and never recovered.

I fully expect another Vancouver shoot and plenty more mandatory trips to the Crease aka the only hospital in all of Vancouver. You're right, if they shot it in Texas that would be one thing but I don't think CBS or CW has ever shot outside of Vancouver or Georgia so why break that tradition now?

Carver and Fricke were SyFy's Being Human showrunners and that was filmed in Montreal so it's possible we get Walker Montreal Ranger too but then he'd just be a Mountie.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/26/2019, 8:44 am

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 9/27/2019, 3:07 pm

What's up with the search function on this site? It fucking sucks. Trying to search for Karate Kid and nothing comes up.

The reason I was searching for that was Tommy, the "Get him a bodybag!" guy from the original film, is dead at 59. Dude has been in a hospital for a month and his organs completely failed.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 9/27/2019, 7:18 pm

I don't think we have a Karate Kid thread here. I searched "Cobra", though, and the Cobra Kai thread popped up.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 9/27/2019, 9:46 pm

joey con carne wrote:I don't think we have a Karate Kid thread here. I searched "Cobra", though, and the Cobra Kai thread popped up.

Ah, forgot that was he name of it. Having said that, the word "karate" appears in that thread 100 times, and it still doesn't show up in a search. That's retarded.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/28/2019, 8:50 am

Rusty wrote:What's up with the search function on this site? It fucking sucks. Trying to search for Karate Kid and nothing comes up.

The reason I was searching for that was Tommy, the "Get him a bodybag!" guy from the original film, is dead at 59. Dude has been in a hospital for a month and his organs completely failed.

Yes the search function is garbage, I can rarely find any of my own threads. However, in this case it's because the thread is under Cobra Kai.

I finally watched season two of Cobra Kai and was pretty bummed they brought the Cobras back just to show how bad their lives were and then they even went and killed one of them. The Cobra they killed was Tommy....the guy that just died, so I now realize that they took an actual terminal patient and had him play one on tv right before he died...... Shocked

RIP Tommy, at least you finally got that body bag you always wanted.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 9/28/2019, 11:51 am

Simmons does a great J.J. Jameson. They should bring him on for the third one.

Did you guys notice that we have a new member? How is this possible? LOL
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 9/28/2019, 12:51 pm

Don’t we technically always have new members?
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/28/2019, 12:52 pm

Tyger wrote:Don’t we technically always have new members?

Bots join us then disappear.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 9/28/2019, 4:11 pm

There is a bot named Samtaken who joined a year ago and never even posted. I figured they would at least post some spam about buying cheap electronics or something.

Wylde, I am assuming you have the admin powers to ban them if they spam.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 9/28/2019, 4:20 pm

Forgot about the bots. Haven't seen them in a while.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/28/2019, 7:36 pm

joey con carne wrote:There is a bot named Samtaken who joined a year ago and never even posted. I figured they would at least post some spam about buying cheap electronics or something.

Wylde, I am assuming you have the admin powers to ban them if they spam.

Yeah, pretty sure I banned Samtaken before he could Spam.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 9/30/2019, 12:00 pm

Currently listening to Fear Inoculum by Tool. Interesting music. I never really listened to Tool before so I'm not all that familiar with their music. Will have to check out their other works.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/30/2019, 12:06 pm

joey con carne wrote:Currently listening to Fear Inoculum by Tool. Interesting music. I never really listened to Tool before so I'm not all that familiar with their music. Will have to check out their other works.

I've worked with a lot of people who constantly played Tool or Pantera pretty much consistently, I guess we've had different jobs.... Razz

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 9/30/2019, 1:58 pm

I can definitely see a lot of Pantera when you worked at car places. “Walk on home, boy”
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/30/2019, 3:00 pm

Tyger wrote:I can definitely see a lot of Pantera when you worked at car places. “Walk on home, boy”

Yup you got it. After high school I worked in some oil change shops and the managers always seemed to love Pantera.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/1/2019, 12:02 pm

I never made a thread for this, so enjoy the trailer.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 10/1/2019, 1:42 pm

Well, they got the hyena right...
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 10/1/2019, 2:40 pm

Looks terrible! But Margo is great as Harley. She was the best part of Suicide Squad.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/2/2019, 3:02 pm

Guy Ritchie's latest...

From writer/director Guy Ritchie comes THE GENTLEMEN, a star-studded sophisticated action comedy. THE GENTLEMEN follows American expat Mickey Pearson (Matthew McConaughey) who built a highly profitable marijuana empire in London. When word gets out that he’s looking to cash out of the business forever it triggers plots, schemes, bribery and blackmail in an attempt to steal his domain out from under him (featuring an all-star ensemble cast including Charlie Hunnam, Henry Golding, Michelle Dockery, Jeremy Strong, Eddie Marsan, Colin Farrell, and Hugh Grant).

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/2/2019, 7:41 pm

Excellent news my friends, Tremors 7 films in Thailand next month and franchise star Michael Gross is of course returning and has assured fans "it's not shit" so a high bar has been set. Long live Burt Gummer! Cool

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/3/2019, 9:31 am

Last night I was watching All Elite Wrestling's premiere episode on TNT and check out who was hanging ringside. Kevin and Jason briefly talked about the Jay and Silent Bob Reboot which AEW Heavyweight Champ Chris Jericho has a role in.

METOO - Random Thoughts - Page 14 Ef7jdk10

They took this photo afterwards debuting the first ever look at the tag team titles and yet it even though I know this is real it still looks like both guys were two random fans who photoshopped themselves into the pic. Razz

METOO - Random Thoughts - Page 14 Aew-2-10

Last edited by WyldeMan on 10/3/2019, 12:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 10/3/2019, 11:23 am

WyldeMan wrote:Guy Ritchie's latest...

Looks good and great cast.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 10/3/2019, 3:45 pm

Mewes just kinda looks there, but Kev always seems excited about everything these days
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 10/3/2019, 5:31 pm

I enjoy the Tremors series. The first one is the best one, of course, and then they just went completely off the rails.

I will be watching 7. Hopefully it makes it to theaters.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/4/2019, 7:38 am

Tyger wrote:Mewes just kinda looks there, but Kev always seems excited about everything these days

Kevin was losing his damned mind and never stopped smiling like you said and Jason just looked happy to be there. That screen grab wasn't the greatest but on live tv Kevin was going crazy especially since they brought the action right to him during the match, he looked like a kid trying not to lose his mind. Razz

But back to KS and Clerks III...

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 10/4/2019, 11:21 am

I find it amusing Kevin Smith only wears clothes that would fit him properly when he was heavier.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 10/4/2019, 11:22 am

I find it amusing Kevin Smith only wears clothes that would fit him properly when he was heavier.

Not that he would give a shit what I or other people think, that XXXXL blazer looks just awful.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/4/2019, 12:32 pm

joey con carne wrote:I find it amusing Kevin Smith only wears clothes that would fit him properly when he was heavier.

Not that he would give a shit what I or other people think, that XXXXL blazer looks just awful.

He used to only wear a bright orange hockey jersey, now he only wears a fat man's purple tux jacket. Jersey class. Cool

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 10/4/2019, 1:23 pm

And still with the damn jorts. Harley needs to nominate him for Queer Eye.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/4/2019, 2:39 pm

Tyger wrote:And still with the damn jorts. Harley needs to nominate him for Queer Eye.

John Cena and Kevin Smith, Jorts for Life.

Also, Kevin and Jason got their hand prints added to the Hollywood Walk of Fame this morning.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/5/2019, 8:14 am

Hulu's got a new show with a bit of a grindhouse vibe to with everybody driving classic american muscle and it stars Abigail Spencer and apparently Ron Perlman. I'd never even heard of this before today.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 10/5/2019, 7:08 pm

I remember reading about a horror movie a while back. It's an oldie. I don't know who is in it or what the exact story was but I do know lots of people died and at the end, it turned out to be one giant prank a bunch of people were playing on this one girl and no one actually died.

Does any of this ring any bells with you guys?
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/5/2019, 7:20 pm

joey con carne wrote:I remember reading about a horror movie a while back. It's an oldie. I don't know who is in it or what the exact story was but I do know lots of people died and at the end, it turned out to be one giant prank a bunch of people were playing on this one girl and no one actually died.

Does any of this ring any bells with you guys?

That sounds like the 1986 horror classic April Fool's Day.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/5/2019, 8:00 pm

Peaky Blinders, you fuckin aggravate me you sons of bitches! I waited two years for the next season, two god damned years! The least Steven Knight could have done was wrap the season up in a fitting way. Oh well I guess I can just wait another two years for six more hours of aggravating content that still won't deliver.Evil or Very Mad

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 10/6/2019, 10:53 am

WyldeMan wrote:
That sounds like the 1986 horror classic April Fool's Day.

Yes!! Thank you!

Woot woot

Currently at NY Comicom. Place is crazy. Taking a break.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 23 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18 ... 23  Next