BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Wars IX: The Rise of Skywalker ($1 Billion Worldwide Box Office)

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Star Wars IX: The Rise of Skywalker ($1 Billion Worldwide Box Office)  - Page 2 Empty Re: Star Wars IX: The Rise of Skywalker ($1 Billion Worldwide Box Office)

Post by WyldeMan 9/29/2019, 11:58 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:It's more likely that Lucas's script was far worse than what ended up being Force Awakens. His career is littered with horrible choices and shitty characters. He does nothing now but tinker with his existing properties, I bet his Force Awakens script would have brought back Jar Jar.....

Nothing wrong with making improvements to your old work. That's literally what Hollywood is today so he was ahead of his time. lol

I think he would have come up with something original. That was his concern with Force Awakens, he mentioned specifically that "there was a lack of originality" so I agree with him.

Lucas didn't make improvements, he made sweeping changes trying to the original trilogy so that they would match up to his prequels. The original trilogy has pretty much been erased due to this tampering and other than archaic VHS I have no idea where you can even find the originals. You'd be pretty hard pressed to find anybody who thinks that Lucas's tinkering made any actual improvements, most fans seem highly annoyed by his choices. He just littered every scenes with new CGI creatures and pointless additions that brought nothing new to his work. Lucas had some good ideas forty years ago but the ship has long sailed on his ability to deliver and his prequels proved this.

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Star Wars IX: The Rise of Skywalker ($1 Billion Worldwide Box Office)  - Page 2 Empty Re: Star Wars IX: The Rise of Skywalker ($1 Billion Worldwide Box Office)

Post by UltimateMarvel 9/29/2019, 6:34 pm

CGI Yoda was a positive improvement, much better than using a puppet. I agree with you on the other stuff.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/21/2019, 7:03 pm

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 10/23/2019, 8:11 pm

DEAD! Nobody is interested I guess. lol
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 10/23/2019, 8:14 pm

I’ll see it in theaters, but I’m not at all excited. I know there’s no way they’re going to end the “saga” in any satisfying or meaningful way.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/23/2019, 9:04 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:DEAD! Nobody is interested I guess. lol

I just want to know if that was the Ghost ship from Star Wars Rebels flying on the Millenium Falcon's six.

They better not disappoint me!!!

Star Wars IX: The Rise of Skywalker ($1 Billion Worldwide Box Office)  - Page 2 Giphy

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 10/24/2019, 9:36 pm

Tyger wrote:I’ll see it in theaters, but I’m not at all excited. I know there’s no way they’re going to end the “saga” in any satisfying or meaningful way.

Post spoilers after, I will read them cause I really don't care at this point.

WyldeMan wrote:I just want to know if that was the Ghost ship from Star Wars Rebels flying on the Millenium Falcon's six.

They better not disappoint me!!!

A Ghost ship from Rebels. lol I hope it's not, that way everyone can be disappointed equally. Twisted Evil
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 10/25/2019, 6:01 am

I just want to know what "Skywalkers" in the title refers to. I'm going to guess the Jedi, going forward, will be referred to as Skywalker and not Jedi. That's pretty lame, right? But it will fit with how retarded these movies are.

One of the few good moments I have found to come out of these films is this:

joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/25/2019, 8:13 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:A Ghost ship from Rebels. lol I hope it's not, that way everyone can be disappointed equally. Twisted Evil

Tell your contacts in Hollywood not to let me down.

joey con carne wrote:I just want to know what "Skywalkers" in the title refers to. I'm going to guess the Jedi, going forward, will be referred to as Skywalker and not Jedi. That's pretty lame, right? But it will fit with how retarded these movies are.

That's pretty much what I said awhile back to, it'll be the new name for the light force wielders.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 10/25/2019, 8:22 am

Ah, yes, you dis mention that. Dang, it. I thought I did. Ugh

Gonna go sot in the corner and put on my Dunce Cap.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/25/2019, 8:58 am

joey con carne wrote:Ah, yes, you dis mention that. Dang, it. I thought I did. Ugh

Gonna go sot in the corner and put on my Dunce Cap.

I highly doubt I'm the first person who had that thought and I just hope we're both wrong cause it's such a dumb name for force wielders.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 11/11/2019, 9:30 am

This is fake but really funny.

UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 12/24/2019, 10:30 am

Watched this last night, it was aight. Definitely flawed, but had some good stuff too.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/24/2019, 10:33 am

Tyger wrote:Watched this last night, it was aight. Definitely flawed, but had some good stuff too.

I only need to know one thing, did Ahsoka Tano or Ezra Bridger show up? For over a year I've heard rumors that I knew were never gonna happen but I need for you to confirm they in fact did not appear.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 12/24/2019, 1:03 pm

WyldeMan wrote:I only need to know one thing, did Ahsoka Tano or Ezra Bridger show up? For over a year I've heard rumors that I knew were never gonna happen but I need for you to confirm they in fact did not appear.

I've been reading spoilers, cause I don't care about this trilogy, and Ahsoka's voice is in the movie supposedly but it's only one line among other voices and you might miss it if you're not listening closely. So.....you're gonna love this movie. Razz
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 12/24/2019, 2:19 pm

Yeah a friend had tell me who all the voices are and she’s one, not sure about the other. I didn’t even recognize most of them, just Yoda and Luke.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/24/2019, 4:38 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:
I've been reading spoilers, cause I don't care about this trilogy, and Ahsoka's voice is in the movie supposedly but it's only one line among other voices and you might miss it if you're not listening closely. So.....you're gonna love this movie. Razz

Tyger wrote:Yeah a friend had tell me who all the voices are and she’s one, not sure about the other. I didn’t even recognize most of them, just Yoda and Luke.

WHAT!??!?!!? She's just a force ghost as in she supposed to be dead?!?!? Is it at least Ashley Eckstein because there is no other voice for Ashoka but her.

And no Ezra at all? He was supposed to show up for the battle in the Ghost but nothing but a whisper from Ashoka and they just ignore the power of Ezra Bridger???

THOSE MOTHER FUCKERS!!!!

Star Wars IX: The Rise of Skywalker ($1 Billion Worldwide Box Office)  - Page 2 Kylo-ren-angry-gif-8

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 12/24/2019, 5:25 pm

There’s a fucking ton of ships at the end, could be, I'm not at all versed in the expanded universe so I dunno
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/24/2019, 8:27 pm

Tyger wrote:There’s a fucking ton of ships at the end, could be, I'm not at all versed in the expanded universe so I dunno

I can't recall another ship like the Ghost in the SW universe.

Star Wars IX: The Rise of Skywalker ($1 Billion Worldwide Box Office)  - Page 2 290-2910
Star Wars IX: The Rise of Skywalker ($1 Billion Worldwide Box Office)  - Page 2 Wfw8mn10

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 12/24/2019, 8:45 pm

I don't know Ezra Bridger either. Jedi or Sith? I don't think he's in the movie.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/24/2019, 9:09 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:I don't know Ezra Bridger either. Jedi or Sith? I don't think he's in the movie.

This was the last time Ezra was ever shown so there have been years of speculation that his fate would be tied to the final SW film....

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 12/25/2019, 11:25 am

WyldeMan wrote:This was the last time Ezra was ever shown so there have been years of speculation that his fate would be tied to the final SW film....

He has to be dead after that.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/26/2019, 1:45 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:This was the last time Ezra was ever shown so there have been years of speculation that his fate would be tied to the final SW film....

He has to be dead after that.

But dead is never really dead when the force is involved, especially when Ahsoka and Ezra are involved....

I read that one of the many voices Rey hears is that of Ezra's master Kanan Jarrus voiced by Freddie Prinze Jr in Rebels. Cool

Now my Star Wars hero Dave Filoni who has never let me down before has posted on his twitter feed something to keep Ahsoka fans like myself believing that maybe we still don't know the full story and that one day she could return and that's all I really need.

Star Wars IX: The Rise of Skywalker ($1 Billion Worldwide Box Office)  - Page 2 Emqnlh10

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 12/26/2019, 5:10 pm

Alters time? They're starting to go crazy with these Force powers now. They need to keep it simple like the old days. You die and you become a ghost......period.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/26/2019, 8:20 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Alters time? They're starting to go crazy with these Force powers now. They need to keep it simple like the old days. You die and you become a ghost......period.

Simple like when this franchise was still about a magic force wielding baby created by midiclorians after manipulation by a Sith lord?

Force ghost, coast to coast!

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 12/27/2019, 10:29 am

WyldeMan wrote:Simple like when this franchise was still about a magic force wielding baby created by midiclorians after manipulation by a Sith lord?

You mean Anakin? Manipulation by a Sith Lord wasn't really in the movies though, that's from somewhere else.

WyldeMan wrote:Force ghost, coast to coast!

Some of the stuff that they can do in this movie, it's too much and I don't like it.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/27/2019, 1:20 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:You mean Anakin? Manipulation by a Sith Lord wasn't really in the movies though, that's from somewhere else.

Some of the stuff that they can do in this movie, it's too much and I don't like it.

Actually it's from Episode III Revenge of the Sith.

What could they do in this movie that you didn't like?

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 12/27/2019, 7:48 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Actually it's from Episode III Revenge of the Sith.

I remember that but Darth Plagueis had nothing to do with Anakin being born, right?

WyldeMan wrote:What could they do in this movie that you didn't like?

Spoiler:
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/27/2019, 8:03 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:Actually it's from Episode III Revenge of the Sith.

I remember that but Darth Plagueis had nothing to do with Anakin being born, right?

Only in that Plagueius taught Palpatine how to manipulate the midiclorians but it was Palpatine who created Anakin with the immaculate conception.

UltimateMarvel wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:What could they do in this movie that you didn't like?

Spoiler:

Baby Yoda uses the force healing on The Mandalorian. But you're correct that prior to this month, it'd never been shown in live action. The force is magic and surrounds all life and creates it to so the simple fact that it can heal injuries isn't the least bit surprising. Clone Wars and Rebels showed just how bat shit crazy strong the magic of the force wielders could be, so I don't think there is anything it can't do.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 12/28/2019, 4:26 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Only in that Plagueius taught Palpatine how to manipulate the midiclorians but it was Palpatine who created Anakin with the immaculate conception.

This. Where is this Palpatine helped create Anakin thing come from?

WyldeMan wrote:Baby Yoda uses the force healing on The Mandalorian. But you're correct that prior to this month, it'd never been shown in live action. The force is magic and surrounds all life and creates it to so the simple fact that it can heal injuries isn't the least bit surprising. Clone Wars and Rebels showed just how bat shit crazy strong the magic of the force wielders could be, so I don't think there is anything it can't do.

Freaking The Mandalorian......I may have to watch this show just to keep up what's going on with Star Wars.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/28/2019, 6:26 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:This. Where is this Palpatine helped create Anakin thing come from?

It's not from the movies.

Spoiler:

UltimateMarvel wrote:Freaking The Mandalorian......I may have to watch this show just to keep up what's going on with Star Wars.

I thoroughly enjoyed The Mandalorian's first season and am already looking forward to next fall when it returns. The finale was so damn good, it was a nice change of pace from so many others leaving me disappointed, it was all good for me.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 12/28/2019, 8:32 pm

Force Healing has also been a part of the Jedi Academy and Jedi Outcast PC games.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/28/2019, 8:52 pm

joey con carne wrote:Force Healing has also been a part of the Jedi Academy and Jedi Outcast PC games.

My policy when magic is involved is that you can't be shocked when you see something new. It's fuckin magic.... Razz

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 12/28/2019, 9:04 pm

Even that comic page doesn't make sense. Evil or Very Mad

The Force is not magic, it's more spiritual if anything.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/29/2019, 9:40 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:Even that comic page doesn't make sense.  Evil or Very Mad

The Force is not magic, it's more spiritual if anything.

How does it not make sense, it's basically the same story from the bible. An invisible and powerful dude preyed on some innocent young woman and put a magic baby into her womb by skipping all the fun parts. It's the same story!

The force is a mysterious power that can only be accessed by those trained in how to harness it, how is that not the definition of magic from every single movie or tv show about magic that you have ever seen?

Light Sabers are powered by a magic energy crystal and people can lift things with their minds and can also manipulate other peoples minds into doing whatever they want and can heal things as well as create them from the ether. Their secrets and their crystals are stored in ancient underground temples that can only be accessed through the Force.

Have they ever spoken of worshiping a deity? So what are they spiritual about exactly?

If you watched any other movie or tv show and saw someone throw another dude across the room with their mind you're thinking mutant or magic, you're not thinking "That dude is spiritual as fuck!"

Cause you know, the power of magic. Cool

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 12/29/2019, 12:58 pm

WyldeMan wrote:How does it not make sense, it's basically the same story from the bible. An invisible and powerful dude preyed on some innocent young woman and put a magic baby into her womb by skipping all the fun parts. It's the same story!

Look at Palpatine in that movie, he looks post Episode 3. What? Did he travel back in time? Not only is he using Force Ghost while he's alive but he's also creating Anakin at the same time. WTF?

WyldeMan wrote:The force is a mysterious power that can only be accessed by those trained in how to harness it, how is that not the definition of magic from every single movie or tv show about magic that you have ever seen?

Light Sabers are powered by a magic energy crystal and people can lift things with their minds and can also manipulate other peoples minds into doing whatever they want and can heal things as well as create them from the ether. Their secrets and their crystals are stored in ancient underground temples that can only be accessed through the Force.

Have they ever spoken of worshiping a deity? So what are they spiritual about exactly?

If you watched any other movie or tv show and saw someone throw another dude across the room with their mind you're thinking mutant or magic, you're not thinking "That dude is spiritual as fuck!"

Cause you know, the power of magic. Cool

It's spiritual in the same way that they meditate to sense and know things. Jedis are considered to be peaceful warriors who avoid conflict for the most part if they can. There is some similarity to Buddhists in that way. You're reasoning is ruining everything about Star Wars, you're thinking way too much like the new generation. This is the kind of thing that's ruining Star Wars for me. I don't like the direction they're going. The Last Jedi practically said "to hell with the old ways" with the Yoda scene and now we've got Force healing.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 12/29/2019, 8:16 pm

Now this is what I'm talking about. Fucking Disney! After this new trilogy, I don't even care to see a movie about Vader anymore. Cool fan made trailer though! You can hear Ahsoka at 1:07

UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/29/2019, 8:41 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Now this is what I'm talking about. Fucking Disney! After this new trilogy, I don't even care to see a movie about Vader anymore. Cool fan made trailer though! You can hear Ahsoka at 1:07

You had me at Ahsoka.... Cool

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 12/30/2019, 10:14 am

WyldeMan wrote:You had me at Ahsoka.... Cool

Ahsoka will never be in a live action movie. Twisted Evil
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/30/2019, 12:58 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:You had me at Ahsoka.... Cool

Ahsoka will never be in a live action movie. Twisted Evil

That might actually be preferable to me, her voice belongs to Ashley Eckstein so anybody else would just feel wrong.

Besides, Filoni will continue to bring her back to his next animated show because her story isn't over yet.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2