BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Wars IX: The Rise of Skywalker ($1 Billion Worldwide Box Office)

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Star Wars IX: The Rise of Skywalker ($1 Billion Worldwide Box Office)  Empty Star Wars IX: The Rise of Skywalker ($1 Billion Worldwide Box Office)

Post by WyldeMan 7/6/2018, 10:44 am

Star Wars IX: The Rise of Skywalker ($1 Billion Worldwide Box Office)  P0kghf10
Keri Russell is headed to a galaxy far, far away.

Sources tell Variety that J.J. Abrams is in early talks with the “Felicity” alum to cast her in “Star Wars: Episode IX,” which Abrams is writing and directing. Russell and Abrams last collaborated on 2006’s “Mission: Impossible III.”

The role calls for action-heavy fight scenes and Russell has shown her ability to perform tough stunts in projects like FX’s “The Americans,” “Mission: Impossible,” and “Dawn of the Planet of the Apes.”

Abrams and Lucasfilm execs met with several actresses for the role in the past two months and settled on Russell right before the Fourth of July holiday. Abrams will likely cast two more actors by the time the film begins production at the end of the month. John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, and Adam Driver are all expected to return.

Abrams helmed “Star Wars: The Force Awakens,” and was asked to come back to direct this latest installment after Colin Trevorrow exited following creative differences. Abrams filled the role last fall and has spent most of that time working on the script with Lawrence Kasdan.

It’s unknown at this time whether Russell will be on the side of the rebels or the evil empire.

Russell recently wrapped the final season of “The Americans.”

Last edited by WyldeMan on 3/22/2022, 11:28 am; edited 6 times in total
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Star Wars IX: The Rise of Skywalker ($1 Billion Worldwide Box Office)  Empty Re: Star Wars IX: The Rise of Skywalker ($1 Billion Worldwide Box Office)

Post by WyldeMan 7/9/2018, 6:18 pm

Billy Dee Williams to Return As Lando Calrissian in ‘Star Wars: Episode 9’
Star Wars IX: The Rise of Skywalker ($1 Billion Worldwide Box Office)  Lando-10
All bets are off: Billy Dee Williams is returning to Star Wars. The actor will reprise his role as the intergalactic gambler and former smuggler Lando in Star Wars Episode 9, marking his first big screen return to the role since 1983’s Return of the Jedi.

We’re floating on a cloud (city) right now. Billy Dee Williams has been confirmed to reprise his role as Lando Calrissian in J.J. Abrams‘ Star Wars: Episode 9, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Rumors have been flying of Williams’ return to the role since last month, when a Star Wars fan site reported that Williams was set to return. Those rumors only gained speed when Williams bowed out of an upcoming sci-fi and pop culture convention later this summer, citing a “conflict with a movie schedule.” Star Wars: Episode 9 is set to begin production this summer.

Williams first made his debut as the suave galactic gambler who went on to become an administrator of Cloud City in 1980’s Empire Strikes Back. His last feature film appearance as Lando was three years later in Return of the Jedi, but Williams has maintained a close connection with the character, voicing Lando in various Star Wars video games and parody shorts as well as in the animated Star Wars Rebels series.

But on the big screen it seemed like Williams would pass the mantle onto Donald Glover, who played the young version of the dashing gambler in this year’s Han Solo-centric prequel, Solo: A Star Wars Story. But now Williams will don Lando’s fabulous cape again to reprise the role in Episode 9.

Hopefully the final movie in the Skywalker Saga will answer the burning questions of where Lando has been and why we haven’t we seen him following Han’s death in Star Wars: The Force Awakens. But most importantly: will he finally be reunited with his beloved L3-37, who presumably (and horrifically) still remains hidden in the Millennium Falcon’s navigation system? We’ll have to wait until the release of the still-untitled Star Wars: Episode 9, which is set to fly into theaters on December 20, 2019.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Star Wars IX: The Rise of Skywalker ($1 Billion Worldwide Box Office)  Empty Re: Star Wars IX: The Rise of Skywalker ($1 Billion Worldwide Box Office)

Post by Rusty 2/10/2019, 7:53 pm

Twisted Evil

Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 2/10/2019, 8:26 pm

That's awesome! LOL I'm with him. What they've done since Episode 7 is terrible. Not gonna watch Episode 9 until it's available for free just like Episode 8.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 2/10/2019, 8:55 pm

Their video reviews of the Episodes 1-3 were fucking hilarious. If you have the time, look for Mr Plinkett's star wars reviews. Well worth the watch Very Happy

Here's a link to the playlists:https://www.youtube.com/user/RedLetterMedia/playlists?sort=dd&view=50&shelf_id=11
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 2/10/2019, 9:15 pm

That’s like destroying money
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/11/2019, 5:34 am

Tyger wrote:That’s like destroying money

That's all I was thinking. You people know I'm all for fire making other people cry but it's different when it's pointless slip sleeves or stacks of Toby Chesney CDs but Star Wars toys are pure money and he just burned a pile of cash. That's not a man child that's just a fucking moron.

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 2/11/2019, 11:26 am

How much is all that worth?
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/11/2019, 11:56 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:How much is all that worth?

It's Star Wars, so it's all worth something but if those were Kenner figures then they were likely worth tens of thousands. Just imagine that those figures were a giant pile of cash, then you might get it.

Not to mention all the money spent on the Acetone to destroy all those profits, which isn't cheap either.

However, I would definitely watch that asshole in a video where he commits Self-immolation! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 2/11/2019, 5:46 pm

They'll make more money from YouTube than what they would have cost.

Only idiots waste their money on that shit. Their old and used. The value is in the unopened figures. Luke, Han and Vader might be worth a little bit in that condition, but you'll find, for the most part, they bought them at junk sales cheap as hell.

Whilst people try and sell them individually, very few people actually buy them.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/12/2019, 1:37 pm

‘Star Wars: Episode IX’: Watch the First Trailer for ‘The Rise of Skywalker’
The first look at “Star Wars: Episode IX,” called “The Rise of Skywalker,” is finally here.

The trailer was revealed to fans during an “Episode IX” panel at the Star Wars Celebration event in Chicago. Director J.J. Abrams and Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy were on hand to make the announcement on Friday. Stars Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, Kelly Marie Tran, Joonas Suotamo, Billy Dee Williams, Anthony Daniels, and newcomer Naomi Ackie were also in attendance.

It opens with Rey panting in the desert — a nod to how “The Force Awakens” trailer opened with Finn doing the same — before Mark Hamill’s voice tells her, “We’ve passed on all we know. A thousand generations live in you now. But this is your fight.” She then whips out a lightsaber, one that appears to be Luke’s, which Ridley teased during the panel.

We then get shots of Kylo Ren fighting his way through a forest; Lando and Chewbacca piloting the Millennium Falcon; Finn, Poe and C3PO flying through the desert; and previously unused footage of the late Carrie Fisher, including a shot of what appears to be her hands holding a Medal of Bravery, which she previously awarded to Luke and Han Solo in “Star Wars: A New Hope.”

The hands of someone, presumably Kylo Ren, were seen patching together his broken helmet/mask. The mask was smashed to bits in “Last Jedi” but now appears to be returning. Could this mean a return to the dark side for Adam Driver’s character?

The only new character was D-O, a chirping droid who’s shown wheeling next to BB-8.
Star Wars IX: The Rise of Skywalker ($1 Billion Worldwide Box Office)  Ep9-ff10

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 4/12/2019, 3:18 pm

Episode 9? But Star Wars is dead! How can this be? Shocked
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 4/12/2019, 3:40 pm

Soooooo the Joker is in this?
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/12/2019, 5:06 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Episode 9? But Star Wars is dead! How can this be? Shocked

I'm very confused by this statement.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 4/12/2019, 6:57 pm

Tyger wrote:Soooooo the Joker is in this?

LOL. It took me a sec to know what you were talking about. Who do you think that is? Some people think it's Palpatine but that makes no sense. I think it's probably the ghost of Snoke.

WyldeMan wrote:I'm very confused by this statement.

I'm not surprised. You liked The Last Jedi, didn't you?
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/12/2019, 8:30 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:
Tyger wrote:Soooooo the Joker is in this?

LOL. It took me a sec to know what you were talking about. Who do you think that is? Some people think it's Palpatine but that makes no sense. I think it's probably the ghost of Snoke.

Are you guys talking about the laugh at the end? I immediately thought of Palpatine not Snoke when I heard it.

UltimateMarvel wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:I'm very confused by this statement.

I'm not surprised. You liked The Last Jedi, didn't you?

Yes.  Cool

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 4/12/2019, 8:41 pm

My brother and one of his daughters went to that Star Wars event in Chicago.

Yes, my brother traveled from Australia to the US for a Star Wars convention. scratch
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 4/12/2019, 9:02 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Are you guys talking about the laugh at the end? I immediately thought of Palpatine not Snoke when I heard it.

If that's him then EPIC FAIL on this movie already.

Rusty wrote:My brother and one of his daughters went to that Star Wars event in Chicago.

Yes, my brother traveled from Australia to the US for a Star Wars convention. scratch

Wow! He must really love Star Wars.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/12/2019, 9:32 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:If that's him then EPIC FAIL on this movie already.

He's probably been knocking around Sith Ghost style.

Rusty wrote:My brother and one of his daughters went to that Star Wars event in Chicago.

I've never been to any conventions before, not just SW but any pop-culture convention period. Did your brother and his daughter have a good time?

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 5/10/2019, 11:22 am

This is amazing, I don't know how they were able to do this and blend it so well.

UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/22/2019, 9:15 am

#StarWars: The Rise of Skywalker features at least one historic reunion: Billy Dee Williams’s iconic Lando Calrissian retakes the helm of the Millennium Falcon.
Star Wars IX: The Rise of Skywalker ($1 Billion Worldwide Box Office)  D7k_j910

V.F. can exclusively confirm that the mysterious Knights of Ren—first seen in #StarWars: The Force Awakens—are back in #TheRiseofSkywalker
Star Wars IX: The Rise of Skywalker ($1 Billion Worldwide Box Office)  D7k9_q10

#StarWars: The Rise of Skywalker features many new characters, including Keri Russell as Zorri Bliss and Richard E. Grant as Allegiant General Pryde. Get your first look right here. http://vntyfr.com/SICWA8a
Star Wars IX: The Rise of Skywalker ($1 Billion Worldwide Box Office)  D7k9jh10

Star Wars IX: The Rise of Skywalker ($1 Billion Worldwide Box Office)  D7k9kk10

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/24/2019, 7:37 pm

Star Wars IX: The Rise of Skywalker ($1 Billion Worldwide Box Office)  The-ri10

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 8/24/2019, 9:36 pm

So that really was Palpatine's laugh at the end of that last trailer? LOL This makes no fucking sense. They made a mistake killing Snoke and now they're all out of Siths so they had to bring back old ones. Rolling Eyes Should have just let J.J. handle the trilogy.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/25/2019, 9:40 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:So that really was Palpatine's laugh at the end of that last trailer? LOL This makes no fucking sense. They made a mistake killing Snoke and now they're all out of Siths so they had to bring back old ones. Rolling Eyes Should have just let J.J. handle the trilogy.

Actually it makes perfect sense if you understand how the force works. Did you really believe that the most powerful and brilliant Sith Lord to ever live aka Darth Sidious was killed simply because his weak apprentice Vader threw him into an energy field? He was basically all dark energy himself by that point and surely had a back up plan in place, especially given how much he'd already begun to doubt Vader's loyalties, Sidious was trying to turn Luke right in front of his father knowing what the Rule of Two would mean for his current apprentice. 

Obi-Wan straight up played the ninja vanish game when Vader tried cutting him in half in Episode IV but because Obi had already learned how to ascend into the force from Yoda he kept popping up as a force ghost, the same as Anakin, Qui-Gon and Yoda. So of course the far more powerful Sith Lord would also know how to ascend into the Dark Side. I'm actually surprised that it has taken this long for Sidious's return. I look forward to when Kylo realizes he's nothing but a pawn and that his Knights belonged to Sidious who was likely always in control right down to that puppet Snoke believing all the Sith were dead and he was an embarrassment as a villain with zero development. I hope Snoke doesn't ever come back unless its to explain how his non-Sith punk ass got worked like a puppet.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 8/25/2019, 11:11 am

WyldeMan wrote:Actually it makes perfect sense if you understand how the force works. Did you really believe that the most powerful and brilliant Sith Lord to ever live aka Darth Sidious was killed simply because his weak apprentice Vader threw him into an energy field? He was basically all dark energy himself by that point and surely had a back up plan in place, especially given how much he'd already begun to doubt Vader's loyalties, Sidious was trying to turn Luke right in front of his father knowing what the Rule of Two would mean for his current apprentice. 

The old Force or the new Force? Because in this trilogy of Star Wars, anything is possible. You saw what Leia did in space. Since anything is possible now, they should go ahead and bring back Mace Windu while they're at it.

The prophecy about Anakin ending the reign of the Siths? That's out the window. "No, no. He wasn't really dead. He was just in hiding this whole time." That's called making shit up to fit your story. Without Snoke, they knew there was no way to make Episode 9 without bringing another Sith in.....only they couldn't bring some new in this late in the game so Sidious was their only choice. I'm almost sure this wasn't the plan back when Episode 7 was being shot.

WyldeMan wrote:Obi-Wan straight up played the ninja vanish game when Vader tried cutting him in half in Episode IV but because Obi had already learned how to ascend into the force from Yoda he kept popping up as a force ghost, the same as Anakin, Qui-Gon and Yoda. So of course the far more powerful Sith Lord would also know how to ascend into the Dark Side. I'm actually surprised that it has taken this long for Sidious's return. I look forward to when Kylo realizes he's nothing but a pawn and that his Knights belonged to Sidious who was likely always in control right down to that puppet Snoke believing all the Sith were dead and he was an embarrassment as a villain with zero development. I hope Snoke doesn't ever come back unless its to explain how his non-Sith punk ass got worked like a puppet.

Kylo is terrible as a character and that poster doesn't mean even anything. The same thing that happened in Episode 8 will happen in Episode 9. They'll team up to defeat Sidious and then they'll fight each other.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/25/2019, 11:36 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:The old Force or the new Force? Because in this trilogy of Star Wars, anything is possible. You saw what Leia did in space. Since anything is possible now, they should go ahead and bring back Mace Windu while they're at it.

The prophecy about Anakin ending the reign of the Siths? That's out the window. "No, no. He wasn't really dead. He was just in hiding this whole time." That's called making shit up to fit your story. Without Snoke, they knew there was no way to make Episode 9 without bringing another Sith in.....only they couldn't bring some new in this late in the game so Sidious was their only choice. I'm almost sure this wasn't the plan back when Episode 7 was being shot.

I know not of this Old Force vs New Force you speak of and Mace Windu wasn't important which is why Yoda didn't teach him to ascend, so he got electrocuted and thrown out a window but he is not coming back. 

Sidious told Anakin in Episode III about his Master “Darth Plagueis was a Dark Lord of the Sith, so powerful and so wise he could use the Force to influence the midi-chlorians to create life.” To me, that has always meant that Anakin was the creation of the Dark Side and was never supposed to bring about their end. Why do you think you can't tell me who Anakin's father was?

It is not about them making shit up now, it's about shit that has long been in cannon but only just now being adapted to film. Sidious was a master tactician who's overall goal was to reign over the galaxy for 10,000 years and have supreme control over the Force so that it could never be used against him and he put many many plans in motion to ensure this happened.

Even before the Clone Wars had begun, he'd taken steps to end it as soon as he chose to and the development of the Clone Army with their Inhibitor chips which allowed them to be controlled is perfect proof of this. He played the Republic and the Separatists against each other for years during all of the Clone Wars and as soon as he was done with them he executed his long planned Order 66 which wiped out the Jedi and at the same time he sent Vader to destroy the Separatists leadership, so both sides fell and his Empire rose from the ashes. However, Sidious never planned for the Empire to last, they were simply a means to his protection while he worked on his true master plan and again, more they were just more pawns in the game of Sidious. The Empire was always meant to fall, again it was all a part of his plans.

He had the Contigency in place for his death and if you're going to live forever, what's a few decades away in hiding while continuing to roll out your true master plan in the unknown regions while everybody else is fighting another pointless war? I'm telling you Abe, you are severely underestimating him because you think it's some cheap out of nowhere random return to a character when it has ALWAYS been the plan.

UltimateMarvel wrote:Kylo is terrible as a character and that poster doesn't mean even anything. The same thing that happened in Episode 8 will happen in Episode 9. They'll team up to defeat Sidious and then they'll fight each other.

Kylo can't help his tantrums, he's tainted by that Darksider Skywalker blood. I expect Sidious to kill Kylo this time around.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 8/25/2019, 3:03 pm

Damn Wylde, wasn't expecting an essay.  Razz

WyldeMan wrote:I know not of this Old Force vs New Force you speak of and Mace Windu wasn't important which is why Yoda didn't teach him to ascend, so he got electrocuted and thrown out a window but he is not coming back. 

Or.....he didn't teach him because he died and taught Obi-Wan only because he was the only one left. We don't really know who would win between Windu and Kenobi, he was a Master when Kenobi was just a Padawan. Also, he did defeat your beloved Sidious and almost killed him. Show some respect!

WyldeMan wrote:Sidious told Anakin in Episode III about his Master “Darth Plagueis was a Dark Lord of the Sith, so powerful and so wise he could use the Force to influence the midi-chlorians to create life.” To me, that has always meant that Anakin was the creation of the Dark Side and was never supposed to bring about their end. Why do you think you can't tell me who Anakin's father was?

Now you're talking! Would've been much more interesting if Darth Plagueis was involved in this new trilogy, learning more about him and finding out he was alive this whole time on some planet. There were fan theories early on suggesting that Snoke might be him at one point. lol

Yes, Anakin doesn't have a father and was born from the Force but that doesn't mean he's destined to go Dark Side. Sidious takes all the credit for that.

WyldeMan wrote:It is not about them making shit up now, it's about shit that has long been in cannon but only just now being adapted to film. Sidious was a master tactician who's overall goal was to reign over the galaxy for 10,000 years and have supreme control over the Force so that it could never be used against him and he put many many plans in motion to ensure this happened.

Even before the Clone Wars had begun, he'd taken steps to end it as soon as he chose to and the development of the Clone Army with their Inhibitor chips which allowed them to be controlled is perfect proof of this. He played the Republic and the Separatists against each other for years during all of the Clone Wars and as soon as he was done with them he executed his long planned Order 66 which wiped out the Jedi and at the same time he sent Vader to destroy the Separatists leadership, so both sides fell and his Empire rose from the ashes. However, Sidious never planned for the Empire to last, they were simply a means to his protection while he worked on his true master plan and again, more they were just more pawns in the game of Sidious. The Empire was always meant to fall, again it was all a part of his plans.

He had the Contigency in place for his death and if you're going to live forever, what's a few decades away in hiding while continuing to roll out your true master plan in the unknown regions while everybody else is fighting another pointless war? I'm telling you Abe, you are severely underestimating him because you think it's some cheap out of nowhere random return to a character when it has ALWAYS been the plan.

Wow! I hope they don't disappoint you in Episode 9.

WyldeMan wrote:Kylo can't help his tantrums, he's tainted by that Darksider Skywalker blood. I expect Sidious to kill Kylo this time around.

I would actually enjoy watching that. lol
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/25/2019, 3:27 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Damn Wylde, wasn't expecting an essay.  Razz  

Well it wouldn't require an essay if you knew this shit already!!!

UltimateMarvel wrote:Or.....he didn't teach him because he died and taught Obi-Wan only because he was the only one left. We don't really know who would win between Windu and Kenobi, he was a Master when Kenobi was just a Padawan. Also, he did defeat your beloved Sidious and almost killed him. Show some respect!

I have no respect for any Jedi except for Ahsoka Tano who realized how fucked the whole Order was and got out before Order 66 and Ezra Bridger but Ezra didn't grow up in the order and came along at the same time as Luke.

In episode III Yoda says he must go to Dagobah because "an old friend has discovered immortality" Qui-Gon appeared to Yoda and told him what was needed to ascend into the Force, Yoda then passed on this knowledge to Obi-Wan and Mace was still kicking around during this time, he just wasn't clued on this ancient knowledge because they didn't value him.. Razz

This was actually one of the storylines from the Clone Wars series, one of many that fleshed out the Force and other things that the movies never even touched on.

Sidious was a strategic man and he let his pawns like Vader and Maul fight for him unless he absolutely needed to do it himself.

UltimateMarvel wrote:Now you're talking! Would've been much more interesting if Darth Plagueis was involved in this new trilogy, learning more about him and finding out he was alive this whole time on some planet. There were fan theories early on suggesting that Snoke might be him at one point. lol

Yes, Anakin doesn't have a father and was born from the Force but that doesn't mean he's destined to go Dark Side. Sidious takes all the credit for that.

Yes Plagueis is a very compelling character who helped orchestrate Palpatine's rise and yet has never been given his onscreen credit. Generations of brilliant and bad ass Sith Lords who dedicated their lives to the destruction of the Old Republic have always been ignored in favor of your precious puppet Jedi.

UltimateMarvel wrote:Wow! I hope they don't disappoint you in Episode 9.

Are you kidding, this is live action Star Wars, of course it's going to disappoint me!  Razz

There is only been one man behind the scenes who can't let me down and that is Dave Filoni. Disney is finally using his input on their new projects like the Mandalorian and he is rumored to have been heavily involved behind the scenes of Episode IX as well, so it's entirely possible they bring back some of his Clone Wars or Rebels connections and do not disappoint me but it's more than likely that they do.

UltimateMarvel wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:Kylo can't help his tantrums, he's tainted by that Darksider Skywalker blood. I expect Sidious to kill Kylo this time around.

I would actually enjoy watching that. lol

King takes Knight. Razz

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 8/25/2019, 7:45 pm

WyldeMan wrote:I have no respect for any Jedi except for Ahsoka Tano who realized how fucked the whole Order was and got out before Order 66 and Ezra Bridger but Ezra didn't grow up in the order and came along at the same time as Luke.

In episode III Yoda says he must go to Dagobah because "an old friend has discovered immortality" Qui-Gon appeared to Yoda and told him what was needed to ascend into the Force, Yoda then passed on this knowledge to Obi-Wan and Mace was still kicking around during this time, he just wasn't clued on this ancient knowledge because they didn't value him.. Razz

Nope, I remember that scene. That was at the end of the movie where Mace is deader than dead.

WyldeMan wrote:This was actually one of the storylines from the Clone Wars series, one of many that fleshed out the Force and other things that the movies never even touched on.

Sidious was a strategic man and he let his pawns like Vader and Maul fight for him unless he absolutely needed to do it himself.

You bastard! I have only the movies to work with here, you're referring to the animated shows. Cool that they got Liam back to do the VO though.

WyldeMan wrote:Yes Plagueis is a very compelling character who helped orchestrate Palpatine's rise and yet has never been given his onscreen credit. Generations of brilliant and bad ass Sith Lords who dedicated their lives to the destruction of the Old Republic have always been ignored in favor of your precious puppet Jedi.

Plagueis orchestrated Palpatine's rise? I thought that was way before his time?

WyldeMan wrote:Are you kidding, this is live action Star Wars, of course it's going to disappoint me!  Razz

At least we can agree on that.

WyldeMan wrote:King takes Knight. Razz

Not really. I didn't like Episodes 7 and 8 and this won't do any better in my eyes. I have very, very low expectations.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/25/2019, 8:44 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:You bastard! I have only the movies to work with here, you're referring to the animated shows. Cool that they got Liam back to do the VO though.

It's not my fault you purposely avoid well crafted storylines that flesh out the underdeveloped movie franchise.

UltimateMarvel wrote:Plagueis orchestrated Palpatine's rise? I thought that was way before his time?

No sir, Palpatine was the Apprentice of Plageuis.

However, Palpatine murdered Plageuis in his sleep once he realized he no longer needed his Masters help to rise. Prior to that though, Plageuis was instrumental in many key events that led to Palpatine's rise including his Apprentice's appointment as Chancellor.

If you're thinking of someone way before Palpatine's time, you could be thinking of the first in their line, Darth Bane.

UltimateMarvel wrote:Not really. I didn't like Episodes 7 and 8 and this won't do any better in my eyes. I have very, very low expectations.

Well at least you're keeping an open mind.

If they really want to make me love this final episode of the Skywalker saga then I'm gonna need Sidious to play his puppets, Rey learning from an ancient holocron, an actual trip to a Jedi Temple since they've never shown one in live action and some kind of reference to Ashoka because she was Anakin's padawn and has never been given any credit for her contributions to the canon or being the most bad ass force wielder.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 8/26/2019, 9:42 am

Ok, now I see something interesting in the end there but trailers can be deceiving. Star Wars trailers are always good so I won't fall for that.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/26/2019, 9:51 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:Ok, now I see something interesting in the end there but trailers can be deceiving. Star Wars trailers are always good so I won't fall for that.

Is it this crazy shit? I bet Rey must be having another Force Vision here. Her folding blade almost reminds me of the Inquisitors from Rebels.

Star Wars IX: The Rise of Skywalker ($1 Billion Worldwide Box Office)  Ec5hny10

Star Wars IX: The Rise of Skywalker ($1 Billion Worldwide Box Office)  Inquis10

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 8/26/2019, 9:55 am

Why is this called Rise of Skywalker? Did Luke not die? Is Rey a Skywalker or something?
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 8/26/2019, 11:34 am

WyldeMan wrote:Is it this crazy shit? I bet Rey must be having another Force Vision here. Her folding blade almost reminds me of the Inquisitors from Rebels.

I'm sure it's something like that. Because Rey going Dark Side wouldn't make sense.

joey con carne wrote:Why is this called Rise of Skywalker? Did Luke not die? Is Rey a Skywalker or something?

Yeah, Luke vanished at the end but he'll still be in this one as a ghost. As for the latter, that's a question we all need an answer to.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/26/2019, 2:30 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:Is it this crazy shit? I bet Rey must be having another Force Vision here. Her folding blade almost reminds me of the Inquisitors from Rebels.

I'm sure it's something like that. Because Rey going Dark Side wouldn't make sense.

That story has already been told through Vader and Kylo so it'd be even more redundant if they ended the Skywalker saga with another turn from light to dark.

Visions of going darkside have been a common occurrence in the animated shows and the prequels so I'm expecting them to stay the course. Anakin was driven to finally turn after seeing force visions of Padme dying in childbirth so Rey is probably seeing her possible future.

UltimateMarvel wrote:
joey con carne wrote:Why is this called Rise of Skywalker? Did Luke not die? Is Rey a Skywalker or something?

Yeah, Luke vanished at the end but he'll still be in this one as a ghost. As for the latter, that's a question we all need an answer to.

I expect them to call the new wave of force wielders "Skywalkers" in honor of Luke since the Jedi are now extinct.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 9/27/2019, 7:59 pm

Star Wars IX: The Rise of Skywalker ($1 Billion Worldwide Box Office)  Gettyi10

To the surprise of no one, Kevin Feige is a huge Star Wars fan. It might surprise many, however, that the Marvel Studios chief is going to be developing a Star Wars movie as Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy makes new plans for a wave of projects set in the universe, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

Feige had discussed a foray into the Star Wars universe in a late summer meeting with Kennedy and studio co-chairmen Alan Horn and Alan Bergman, sources say. In response to a query from THR, Walt Disney Studios co-chairman and chief creative officer Horn said, "We are excited about the projects Kathy and the Lucasfilm team are working on, not only in terms of Star Wars but also Indiana Jones and reaching into other parts of the company including Children of Blood and Bone with Emma Watts and Fox. With the close of the Skywalker Saga, Kathy is pursuing a new era in Star Wars storytelling, and knowing what a die-hard fan Kevin is, it made sense for these two extraordinary producers to work on a Star Wars film together."

Some see this move as a prelude to a larger role for Feige within Lucasfilm, while others say it merely reflects the Marvel executive’s passion for the franchise. A top Disney source says Kennedy remains in charge with no plans for any changes. One knowledgeable source says Feige has told a major actor that there’s a specific role he would like that person to play if and when he makes the movie.

However, with Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker set to hit theaters Dec. 20, it is understandable that Disney would like to keep as much about the future of the franchise under wraps as possible. Skywalker, otherwise known as Episode IX, is meant to be the final installment of the series that was first launched by George Lucas in 1977. It is also meant to win back fans after the last sequel trilogy entry, Star Wars: The Last Jedi, divided audiences, even though reviews were largely positive and the film grossed $1.3 billion worldwide.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/28/2019, 8:53 am

Out of the MCU and now coming for Star Wars....

Hopefully he doesn't fuck it up as much as Kathleen Kennedy, that bitch is enough as it is.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 9/28/2019, 11:45 am

WyldeMan wrote:Out of the MCU and now coming for Star Wars....

Hopefully he doesn't fuck it up as much as Kathleen Kennedy, that bitch is enough as it is.

I don't think that's possible at this point. lol

George Lucas said recently that he gave them a script before Episode 7 but Kathleen completely ignored it, what a BITCH! Mad
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/28/2019, 12:07 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:Out of the MCU and now coming for Star Wars....

I don't think that's possible at this point. lol

George Lucas said recently that he gave them a script before Episode 7 but Kathleen completely ignored it, what a BITCH! Mad

Dave Filoni should be in control of the Star Wars universe, I'll accept no other.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 9/28/2019, 12:42 pm

Turning down a George Lucas script does not make one a bitch. Plenty of other things do, yes, but not that.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/28/2019, 1:15 pm

Tyger wrote:Turning down a George Lucas script does not make one a bitch. Plenty of other things do, yes, but not that.

I was referring to the way she's been micromanaging the franchise ever since she got her hands on it. I could care less about a script from George Toy Boy Lucas, his protege Dave Filoni surpassed him years ago so George can just stay at home and keep editing the original trilogy until he dies for all I care. I want Filoni to be in control of this ship and until it happens, I won't be happy.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 9/28/2019, 4:19 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Dave Filoni should be in control of the Star Wars universe, I'll accept no other.

I looked him up and he did all Star Wars animated shows. Of course you vouch for him. lol I was surprised to find out that he directed The Last Airbender episodes too. Cool!

Tyger wrote:Turning down a George Lucas script does not make one a bitch. Plenty of other things do, yes, but not that.

Look, George may not have made perfect movies but he had the vision to create all this. If you can't do better today than what he did years ago and turn his script down and come up with The Force Awakens....that is the very definition of a bitch. Twisted Evil
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/28/2019, 7:39 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:Dave Filoni should be in control of the Star Wars universe, I'll accept no other.

I looked him up and he did all Star Wars animated shows. Of course you vouch for him. lol I was surprised to find out that he directed The Last Airbender episodes too. Cool!

Filoni worked on The Mandalorian too and given the fantastic Mandaloria arcs on his animated shows, that makes me even more excited for the upcoming series.

I never saw Airbender.

UltimateMarvel wrote:Look, George may not have made perfect movies but he had the vision to create all this. If you can't do better today than what he did years ago and turn his script down and come up with The Force Awakens....that is the very definition of a bitch. Twisted Evil

It's more likely that Lucas's script was far worse than what ended up being Force Awakens. His career is littered with horrible choices and shitty characters. He does nothing now but tinker with his existing properties, I bet his Force Awakens script would have brought back Jar Jar.....

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 9/29/2019, 11:20 am

WyldeMan wrote:It's more likely that Lucas's script was far worse than what ended up being Force Awakens. His career is littered with horrible choices and shitty characters. He does nothing now but tinker with his existing properties, I bet his Force Awakens script would have brought back Jar Jar.....

Nothing wrong with making improvements to your old work. That's literally what Hollywood is today so he was ahead of his time. lol

I think he would have come up with something original. That was his concern with Force Awakens, he mentioned specifically that "there was a lack of originality" so I agree with him.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 9/29/2019, 11:55 am

George Lucas wrote the prequel trilogy so...
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next