BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bad Times at the El Royale ($32 Million Worldwide Box Office)

3 posters

Go down

Bad Times at the El Royale ($32 Million Worldwide Box Office)  Empty Bad Times at the El Royale ($32 Million Worldwide Box Office)

Post by WyldeMan 6/7/2018, 2:38 pm

Bad Times at the El Royale ($32 Million Worldwide Box Office)  Bad-ti10
Seven strangers, each with a secret to bury, meet at Lake Tahoe’s El Royale, a rundown hotel with a dark past. Over the course of one fateful night, everyone will have a last shot at redemption… before everything goes to hell. Jeff Bridges, Chris Hemsworth, Jon Hamm, Dakota Johnson and Cynthia Erivo lead an all-star cast in Bad Times at the El Royale.

Starring Jeff Bridges, Cynthia Erivo, Dakota Johnson, Jon Hamm, Cailee Spaeny, Lewis Pullman, Nick Offerman and Chris Hemsworth, Bad Times at the El Royale opens October 5th.

Last edited by WyldeMan on 3/22/2022, 11:54 am; edited 1 time in total
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Bad Times at the El Royale ($32 Million Worldwide Box Office)  Empty Re: Bad Times at the El Royale ($32 Million Worldwide Box Office)

Post by UltimateMarvel 6/8/2018, 3:36 pm

This is a watch too. Damn! Everything is a watch today. lol
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Bad Times at the El Royale ($32 Million Worldwide Box Office)  Empty Re: Bad Times at the El Royale ($32 Million Worldwide Box Office)

Post by WyldeMan 9/6/2018, 4:40 am

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 12/19/2018, 2:04 pm

Watched this last night and really enjoyed it. Definitely feels a lot like a Tarantino movie which is a great thing. Recommended!
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 1/5/2019, 10:44 pm

Watched this recently too and enjoyed it. Loved aspects of it, but as a whole something isn’t quite there. Unfortunately I feel that way about most of Drew Goddard's work.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/6/2019, 11:50 am

Tyger wrote:Watched this recently too and enjoyed it. Loved aspects of it, but as a whole something isn’t quite there. Unfortunately I feel that way about most of Drew Goddard's work.

Probably everything to do with Billy Lee, right? He was kind of like a copy of Charles Manson. But I loved everything going on in El Royale.

I do have a question actually, who were they talking about in the tape? The tape that was in the money bag?
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/6/2019, 1:24 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Probably everything to do with Billy Lee, right? He was kind of like a copy of Charles Manson. But I loved everything going on in El Royale.

So this Billy Lee character ran a cult of dozens of impressionable crazy young women who he convinced to have orgies with him before they killed celebrities together? Now I want to see this movie.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 1/6/2019, 2:14 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:
Tyger wrote:Watched this recently too and enjoyed it. Loved aspects of it, but as a whole something isn’t quite there. Unfortunately I feel that way about most of Drew Goddard's work.

Probably everything to do with Billy Lee, right? He was kind of like a copy of Charles Manson. But I loved everything going on in El Royale.

I do have a question actually, who were they talking about in the tape? The tape that was in the money bag?
Yeah Billy Lee wasn’t necessarily a bad idea, but I don’t think it was well executed and I’m not sure how much of that is on Hemsworth.

I would assume the tape is Kennedy if it’s a real person, but I don’t think it’s supposed to be with a real person in mind, it’s just that idea.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/6/2019, 2:26 pm

Tyger wrote:Yeah Billy Lee wasn’t necessarily a bad idea, but I don’t think it was well executed and I’m not sure how much of that is on Hemsworth.

Wait you mean to tell me this Billy Lee character Abe compared to Manson was played by Hemworth??? Oh fuck. I'm sure whatever character issues you had, were his fault. And damn you Abe! I'm out again.

Is Bridges still stuck talking like an 1800's prospector?

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/6/2019, 2:32 pm

WyldeMan wrote:So this Billy Lee character ran a cult of dozens of impressionable crazy young women who he convinced to have orgies with him before they killed celebrities together? Now I want to see this movie.

More or less, yeah.

WyldeMan wrote:Wait you mean to tell me this Billy Lee character Abe compared to Manson was played by Hemworth??? Oh fuck. I'm sure whatever character issues you had, were his fault. And damn you Abe! I'm out again.

You'll see what I mean by my comparison of Manson after you watch it. You might enjoy the movie.

Tyger wrote:Yeah Billy Lee wasn’t necessarily a bad idea, but I don’t think it was well executed and I’m not sure how much of that is on Hemsworth.

I agree, Hemsworth was good in this. Everyone was to be honest. I especially liked Lewis Pullman's character Miles, I didn't know he was Bill Pullman's son until after watching the movie.

WyldeMan wrote:I would assume the tape is Kennedy if it’s a real person, but I don’t think it’s supposed to be with a real person in mind, it’s just that idea.

That's what I was thinking too but they never said a name so I thought maybe I missed something.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 1/6/2019, 3:08 pm

Hemsworth wasn’t terrible, I think someone else could’ve done better though but mostly I think the character/subplot needed work.

Actually I realized Jeff Bridges did good, he wasn’t The Dude or prospector
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down