BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Thoughts

5 posters

Page 14 of 23 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18 ... 23  Next

Go down

SocialSip - Random Thoughts - Page 14 Empty Re: Random Thoughts

Post by WyldeMan 11/15/2018, 7:32 am

Rusty wrote:That sounds interesting as hell. Nice find.

I couldn't not share it and I'm happy to hear it interested someone other than me too.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/15/2018, 7:42 am

Ohhhhhhhhhhh this is amazing!!!! Monopoloy has become such a hateful game!!!!!!!! Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz

Hasbro's Monopoly for Millennials Sparks Outrage Amongst Younger Crowd
SocialSip - Random Thoughts - Page 14 Ne0tje10
Hasbro's Monopoly for Millennials is the company's latest twist on the iconic game. However, some young consumers are pretty bummed out about it. The front of the box features a brand-new Rich Uncle Pennybags, who has traded in his monocle for some bright blue sunglasses. He's also taking a selfie while listening to tunes with his earbuds in and holding on to a coffee cup. The tagline at the bottom of the box simply states, "Forget Real Estate. You Can't Afford it Anyway." However, that's just the start in this humorous take on the old game.

Instead of buying real estate, Monopoly for Millennials allows players to win by racking up life experiences. Rescuing animals or going on yoga retreats is a few ways to earn some pretty big points in the game. The game takes just about every millennial stereotype and packs it all into one long box. The back of the box says, "Adulting is hard." Some of the player pieces include a camera, sunglasses, and a hashtag. You can read the product description below.

"Money doesn't always buy a great time, but experiences, whether they're good -- or weird -- last forever. The Monopoly for Millennials game celebrates just that."

The banker can accept payments from Venmo and you even can crash on your friend's couch, or ride around the city on a fixed gear bicycle. Go to a vegan bistro, attend a 3-day music festival, it's all here. The game is being cynical with a dark sense of humor, but some young consumers don't appreciate their lifestyle being the butt of a joke, even if it's pretty funny. The New York Post calls Monopoly for Millennials "insulting," while one woman on social media says, "I think it's pretty offensive and uses stereotypes to make fun of millennials."

There is a lot of hate for Monopoly for Millennials floating around online, with many millennials calling it "offensive" or "insulting." One person on social media says, "Wow. Literally get f*cked," in reaction to Hasbro's new game. While some of the reactions to the new game are genuine, there are a few that are hard to tell if their real or not. One social media user blames someone else for his millennial stereotypes, which is actually a real millennial stereotype. He had this to say.

"Hasbro Can you provide the URL for the Hasbro-official website featuring Monopoly for Millennials, where you trash on my age demographic because baby boomers caused an economic catastrophe that rendered us financially impotent for a decade? Thanks!"

Coupled with the haters, there are plenty of supporters out there who are enjoying Monopoly for Millennials. At least the new game is better than the bootleg Build the Wall LEGO set made by a company named MAGA. That set just includes a bunch of gray bricks and doesn't even come with a Donald Trump mini figure. You can check out Monopoly for Millennials over at Hasbro and check out some reactions to the game below.

I'm not sure who @hasbro made Monopoly for Millennials for? As if we don't get shit on enough lol... A game about millennial life should absolutely include paying rent. A lot of it. The vast majority of us can't afford to spend money on "experiences." Anyway, disappointed.
— Sarah (@SarahTeeRaymo) November 12, 2018
So a new version of Monopoly has come out, and I have very mixed feelings about it.

On one hand, I can see with my dark sense of humour part of the joke, but for some reason Monopoly for Millenials also gets my back up. https://t.co/1NSyv6qkzQ
— JohnHQLD (@JohnHQLD) November 8, 2018
A new board game from @Hasbro -- Monopoly for Millennials. What do you think of it? #SocialSip

Here's more info: https://t.co/e6veqOFr1G

I think it's pretty offensive and uses stereotypes to make fun of millennials but I am a millennial so I'm probably too close to the issue. pic.twitter.com/0FIqmEEr4k

— Amanda Peterson (@_AmandaPeterson) November 14, 2018
[size=16]Monopoly for Millennials last night and i was a bit taken aback. The instructions pretty much read like this...Money can’t always buy you a great time, which is great because as a millennial you don’t have any! It’s all about experiences, which you buy instead of property
— Q is god

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 11/15/2018, 12:17 pm

LOL! I don't know, I find it funny personally.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 11/15/2018, 12:23 pm

Millennials and younger or whatever people are retarded. Those morons were offended by Starbucks’ holiday cups. They are weak, sheltered, and soft.

Not all, I should say, but a large amount of them. They need a safe space!

I noticed Edge of Tomorrow is $5.99 on Amarzon. I bought it back in 2015 for $7.99. I got ripped off!!
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/15/2018, 3:02 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:LOL! I don't know, I find it funny personally.

They're all upset because it's an entirely accurate representation of their generation.

joey con carne wrote:Millennials and younger or whatever people are retarded. Those morons were offended by Starbucks’ holiday cups. They are weak, sheltered, and soft.

Not all, I should say, but a large amount of them. They need a safe space!

I noticed Edge of Tomorrow is $5.99 on Amarzon. I bought it back in 2015 for $7.99. I got ripped off!!

They're so soft, they're offended by a Monopoly game. That's a whole new level of Bitch I didn't even know existed.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/15/2018, 3:03 pm

Thanks to the newest Fox additions on Hulu I've been binging King of the Hill and Married with Children all week and I just can't get tired of them, lol.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 11/15/2018, 4:55 pm

I’ve been watching King, but I did watch Don’t Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead earlier today
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/15/2018, 5:10 pm

Tyger wrote:I’ve been watching King, but I did watch Don’t Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead earlier today

Oh man, I've been wanting to watch that one now that I started Married. I used to watch that movie on VHS constantly as a kid.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 11/15/2018, 5:26 pm

I broke down and bought the DVD for five bucks cause I’ve never seen it streaming, it’s not on blu-ray and I’ve been wanting to watch it again for years
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 11/15/2018, 7:44 pm

I have never seen that one before. I've heard of it, of course, but I have yet to watch it. Maybe I'll have to get the DVD, too.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/16/2018, 3:36 pm

California inmate confesses to being serial killer, admits to more than 90 murders
SocialSip - Random Thoughts - Page 14 La-15410
A man convicted of three California murders and long suspected in numerous other deaths now claims he was involved in about 90 killings nationwide spanning nearly four decades, and investigators already have corroborated about a third of those, a Texas prosecutor said Thursday.

Ector County Dist. Atty. Bobby Bland said 78-year-old Samuel Little was booked into jail this week following his indictment in the 1994 death of a Texas woman. Investigations are ongoing, but Little has provided details in more than 90 deaths dating to about 1970, Bland said.

Little was brought to Texas in September, and investigators with law enforcement agencies in several states traveled to speak with him about unsolved homicides.“They’re able to match up over 30 cases,” Bland said. “So far, we don’t have any false information coming from him.”

If the number of killings Little claims to have committed proves true, it would make him one of the most prolific killers in U.S. history. Ted Bundy confessed to 30 homicides from about 1974 to 1978. John Wayne Gacy killed at least 33 boys and young men in the 1970s.

Arguably one of the deadliest globally was an English general practitioner named Harold Shipman, who an investigative panel determined was responsible for the deaths of 250. He was convicted in 2000 in the deaths of 15.

During his 2014 trial in Los Angeles, prosecutors said Little was likely responsible for at least 40 killings since 1980. Authorities at the time were looking for possible links to deaths in Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Ohio and Texas.

Bland said Little recently provided details to Texas Ranger James Holland that showed Little was in Odessa, Texas, when Denise Christie Brothers was last seen in 1994. Her body was found about a month later in a vacant lot. Holland eventually elicited a confession from Little and admissions to dozens of other killings from about 1970 to 2005, Bland said.

The rangers are an elite team of investigators within the Texas Department of Public Safety. The Texas organization did not respond to requests Thursday to speak with Holland.

Little was being held without bond Thursday in the Ector County jail on a murder charge relating to Brothers’ death. Jail records don’t indicate whether he has an attorney. He has a court appearance scheduled for Nov. 26.

Little was brought to Texas for questioning in the case from California, where he was convicted in 2014 in the deaths years earlier of the three women in Los Angeles County. DNA evidence collected from old crime scenes was used to match samples of his stored in a criminal database.

Los Angeles cold-case detectives at the time suspected Little, a transient and former boxer, was a serial killer who traveled the country preying on drug addicts, troubled women and others. His criminal history includes offenses committed in 24 states spread over 56 years — mostly assault, burglary, armed robbery, shoplifting and drug violations.

Those detectives determined that Little often delivered a knockout punch to women and then proceeded to strangle them while masturbating, dumping the bodies and soon after leaving town.

Little, who often went by the name Samuel McDowell, grew up with his grandmother in Lorain, Ohio. His criminal history shows his first arrest came at age 16 on burglary charges.

For years, he had denied to investigators in different states that he was responsible for any killings. Bland speculates that he finally confessed after the appeals to his life sentence in California were ultimately rejected and he no longer had any reason to hide his role.

“People for years have been trying to get a confession out of him, and James Holland is the one who finally got him to give that information,” Bland said.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 11/16/2018, 9:25 pm

Goddamn
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/17/2018, 8:15 am

Tyger wrote:Goddamn

One of the most experienced serial killers if not the most in American history that we might ever learn about and he goes against nearly every stereotype the FBI teaches.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 11/18/2018, 12:31 pm

After buying a 4K TV 2-3 years ago I finally bought a 4K player
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 11/18/2018, 12:53 pm

I'm also looking to get a 4K player. I'm thinking about the Sony UBP-X700. Which one did you get? Which are your first 4K movies you're going to watch?
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 11/18/2018, 1:00 pm

I actually got the Sony UBP-X800

The 700 is going to be on sale for Black Friday, I think at Target

I already have a small 4K collection, not sure what I’ll watch first though
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 11/18/2018, 1:56 pm

Ooooh the 700 is already on sale on Amarzon for $150. The 800 is $200.

I think the 700 is newer but for whatever reason Sony went down a number.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/18/2018, 2:06 pm

Tyger wrote:I actually got the Sony UBP-X800

The 700 is going to be on sale for Black Friday, I think at Target

I already have a small 4K collection, not sure what I’ll watch first though

You ever check local thrift store movie selections? I've found several 4K BD's in the last couple of months at different places because most around here are run by Senior Citizens who barely know what a Blu-Ray is let alone a 4K BD and I picked up American Psycho sealed on 4K for $2.50.

I am thinking at picking up a 55" Roku tv for my bedroom but Amazon sold out on the 2017 model for $350 before I found out about the deal so I'm just gonna keep waiting. If you guys come across any Roku tv deals I'd appreciate a heads up.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 11/18/2018, 2:10 pm

I'll keep an eye out for you. But don't you already have a Roku? Is there a particular reason you want a Roku TV or would you settle for something else instead?
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 11/18/2018, 2:13 pm

Fuck, you’re right. The 700 also supports Dolby Vision and is smaller and lighter. The 800 also plays 3D and the 700 doesn’t but I don’t have a 3D TV anyway. I think I can still return it even though I just got it all set up
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/18/2018, 2:14 pm

joey con carne wrote:I'll keep an eye out for you. But don't you already have a Roku? Is there a particular reason you want a Roku TV or would you settle for something else instead?

I have a 49" 4K LED Roku tv in my living room and I'd like to get another for my bedroom where I still have an old 49" Panasonic 1080 Plasma shitbox from 2009. I love the Roku system and how easy everything is for me, I'm simple and I want my technology to be as Gump as me.

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 11/18/2018, 2:37 pm

Ah, I didn't realize you have a Roku TV. I kept thinking you had the Roku streaming player. It is all clear now. Yeeessssssss
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/18/2018, 3:05 pm

joey con carne wrote:Ah, I didn't realize you have a Roku TV. I kept thinking you had the Roku streaming player. It is all clear now. Yeeessssssss

My living room has the Roku tv which elements the need for the streaming player as it acts as both the tv and streaming but in my bedroom I still have the Roku 3 box which I've been renting for $5 a month and the quality and buffering rate sucks compared to the Roku tv.

BTW, I think you can cancel that Roku TV BOLO for me, I'm heading to a Target a few towns who claim to be holding the exact same 55" I'm looking for In stock for $349.99 today only, so I need to boogie!
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 11/18/2018, 3:26 pm

Keep us updated, I need to dig through Black Friday deals soon anyway
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 11/18/2018, 5:12 pm

Im imagining Wylde driving over there in his Mazda.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/18/2018, 8:02 pm

joey con carne wrote:Im imagining Wylde driving over there in his Mazda.

Subaru sir, I got rid of the Mazda several years ago.

I successfully got the last Roku tv they had in stock in the store and not only was it priced at $349.99 but today only it was also an additional 15% off so I walked out the door with my brand new 55" 4K LED tv for $324 but before tax it rang at $297!!! Cool
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 11/18/2018, 8:10 pm

Dude, that's a sweet buy. TV's are so cheap now.

The televisions I bought last year were $1,100 and I thought that was a ridiculous steal. I got the 65" MU8000 from Samsung. This year, the new model NU8000, is selling for $1,000 for the 65". Fucking hell, man.

Every time I walk through CostCo., I want to buy a new TV.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 11/18/2018, 9:38 pm

Yeah it’s kind of a bitch, every time I buy a TV it doesn’t take long for an even better version to come out at half the price

I returned my 4K player and ordered the other one at the early access BF price of $150
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 11/19/2018, 6:53 am

So you returned the X800 and gotz the X700?

Please keep us updated on how it looks. I am really considering picking one up but I also need a 4K receiver. I'm looking at the Yamaha RX-A880. I do not have Atmos or X but I need the 4K passthrough so I can watch 4K content. I need the 880 because it is the lowest Yamaha Aventage model with pre-outs for my sweet Emotiva XPA-5.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 11/19/2018, 7:35 am

I'm still on 1080p and the one in the bedroom is 720p. Cool
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/19/2018, 9:20 am

Do you guys stream the 4K options on Netflix? Just wondering if their upgraded package is worth it.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/19/2018, 10:44 am

This is probably a dumb question and something I didn't think of when I bought my first LED tv but is there any kind of initial break in phase where I need to have my color settings adjusted down for a certain amount of viewing time? I'm so used to my shitty old Plasma and all the rules and restrictions with it that I never even considered if LEDs require a break in period or if they're good to go right from the box.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 11/19/2018, 10:57 am

I have never streamed 4K media from Netflix and such. I would think you can see a difference. I would highly suggest you try it. You can always downgrade back to regular after a month or what not.

My understanding is there is no break-in period for LED TVs. When i purchased mine, i just adjusted the settings to my liking and watched whatever I wanted. None of my LCD LED televisions have ever had issues due to not breaking them in.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/19/2018, 11:00 am

joey con carne wrote:I have never streamed 4K media from Netflix and such. I would think you can see a difference. I would highly suggest you try it. You can always downgrade back to regular after a month or what not.

My understanding is there is no break-in period for LED TVs. When i purchased mine, i just adjusted the settings to my liking and watched whatever I wanted. None of my LCD LED televisions have ever had issues due to not breaking them in.

Good to know, I experienced logo burn in from both Panasonic Plasma's I've owned and want to avoid that shit again. I'll see if my manual specifically mentions it otherwise I'll just go about it normal, thank you.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/19/2018, 4:14 pm

Just finished installing my new 4K tv which is AWESOME by the way and when I logged into Netflix it asked if I wanted to automatically upgrade my plan for another $3 and then said I wont be charged until December 6th, so I get a few weeks of their 4k plan for free to see if I like it. NICE.....

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 11/19/2018, 4:20 pm

4K ALL UP IN HUURRRRRRRRRRR
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/19/2018, 4:33 pm

joey con carne wrote:4K ALL UP IN HUURRRRRRRRRRR

I'd started rewatching season one of Narcos earlier and now I'm watching Narcos in 4k. This is awesome....

BTW, what is HDR? Is that audio? All I know is I have it now.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 11/19/2018, 5:35 pm

High Dynamic Range refers to the colors, there are more color options than standard and usually appear more vibrant
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 11/20/2018, 7:17 am

Yeah, HDR is what makes it pop. Is 4K Netflix worth it though? Not all their content is 4K, right?
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 11/20/2018, 6:50 pm

All their original stuff is, not sure about other stuff. I don’t have the 4K plan though
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/20/2018, 7:36 pm

Tyger wrote:All their original stuff is, not sure about other stuff. I don’t have the 4K plan though

I'm trying it free for a few weeks, it's pretty great. Narcos looked great.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/21/2018, 7:35 am

Accountants To Examine Records Of ‘Vikings’ & ‘The Tudors’ Producers Who Deny Claim They Diverted Up To €40M
SocialSip - Random Thoughts - Page 14 Viking10
Accountants will investigate the financial records of leading Irish firm Octagon Films, a producer on hit series such as Vikings and The Tudors and movies such as Calvary, in the latest twist to a lengthy legal battle between the company’s founders and its German shareholder W2 Filmproduktion.

W2, a 49% shareholder in Octagon since 2002, alleges that producers Morgan O’Sullivan and James Flynn diverted tens of millions of euros out of the company to either themselves or entities controlled by them. O’Sullivan and Flynn strongly deny the allegations, which are being contested in Dublin High Court.

W2, overseen by CEO Winfried Hammacher (The Liberator), is seeking transparency over Octagon’s records, income and fees as part of the case and accountants have now been appointed for both sides to investigate.

In a statement of claim first submitted at the end of 2017, W2 estimated that its losses run to €40M based on the budgets of 113 productions. In addition to denying this claim, O’Sullivan and Flynn, who are 51% shareholders in Octagon, have said in court documents that money claimed to be due was separate to the intended scope of its business.

Last month an Irish judge approved a freeze of assets of the two producers after Hammacher claimed that they were likely to dissipate or dispose of assets.

Octagon is among the most successful production companies in Ireland with credits including Vikings, The Tudors, Love/Hate, Penny Dreadful and The Borgias. Flynn is a producer on movies including Neil Jordan’s Greta and John Michael McDonagh’s Calvary, while O’Sullivan was a co-producer on films such as Leap Year, P.S I Love You and Becoming Jane.

The case is due to return to court in February of next year but if the accountants don’t agree on findings there is an option to return sooner. Neither party was available for comment when contacted by Deadline.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 11/21/2018, 9:28 am

This would be great if it turns out to be true.

Please let the embezzlement be true. Please please please please
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/22/2018, 7:17 am

SocialSip - Random Thoughts - Page 14 Phld9210
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 11/22/2018, 9:31 am

Everybody to the limit! Everybody to the limit! Everybody come on, fhqwhgads!

I remember listening to this back in the day. The limit! What's up with movies reminding me of old songs these days? First we have Informer A Licky Boom Boom Down and now The Limit. Thanksgiving crazyness!!

https://homestarrunner.com/fhqwhgads.html
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 23 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18 ... 23  Next