BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dunkirk (Tom Hardy / Cillian Murphy / Kenneth Branagh) (July 21, 2017)

4 posters

Go down

Dunkirk (Tom Hardy / Cillian Murphy / Kenneth Branagh) (July 21, 2017) Empty Dunkirk (Tom Hardy / Cillian Murphy / Kenneth Branagh) (July 21, 2017)

Post by WyldeMan 12/15/2016, 8:35 am

Dunkirk (Tom Hardy / Cillian Murphy / Kenneth Branagh) (July 21, 2017) Dunkir10
Dunkirk opens as hundreds of thousands of British and Allied troops are surrounded by enemy forces. Trapped on the beach with their backs to the sea they face an impossible situation as the enemy closes in.

Dunkirk (Tom Hardy / Cillian Murphy / Kenneth Branagh) (July 21, 2017) Dunkir11

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Dunkirk (Tom Hardy / Cillian Murphy / Kenneth Branagh) (July 21, 2017) Empty Re: Dunkirk (Tom Hardy / Cillian Murphy / Kenneth Branagh) (July 21, 2017)

Post by UltimateMarvel 12/15/2016, 9:30 am

I saw this. Directed by Christopher Nolan, you just know this is going to be a great movie.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Dunkirk (Tom Hardy / Cillian Murphy / Kenneth Branagh) (July 21, 2017) Empty Re: Dunkirk (Tom Hardy / Cillian Murphy / Kenneth Branagh) (July 21, 2017)

Post by WyldeMan 12/15/2016, 10:27 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:I saw this. Directed by Christopher Nolan, you just know this is going to be a great movie.

Hardy and Murphy make great co-stars.

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 8/9/2017, 3:00 pm

WyldeMan wrote:
UltimateMarvel wrote:I saw this. Directed by Christopher Nolan, you just know this is going to be a great movie.

Hardy and Murphy make great co-stars.
They have no scenes together. Good movie, but not sure how it'll hold up to home viewing.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/14/2018, 5:47 pm

Good movie but can't say it's Nolan's best. It was beautifully shot but basically focused on the war itself and not a whole lot on the characters. Hardy's scenes were probably the best but Harry Styles also did great for his first movie.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/14/2018, 6:55 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Good movie but can't say it's Nolan's best. It was beautifully shot but basically focused on the war itself and not a whole lot on the characters. Hardy's scenes were probably the best but Harry Styles also did great for his first movie.

All style no substance, sounds like business as usual for Nolan to me. He stopped trying long ago.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/14/2018, 8:47 pm

WyldeMan wrote:
UltimateMarvel wrote:Good movie but can't say it's Nolan's best. It was beautifully shot but basically focused on the war itself and not a whole lot on the characters. Hardy's scenes were probably the best but Harry Styles also did great for his first movie.

All style no substance, sounds like business as usual for Nolan to me. He stopped trying long ago.

Dunkirk (Tom Hardy / Cillian Murphy / Kenneth Branagh) (July 21, 2017) 200

Christopher Nolan is my favorite director. He's extremely talented. You didn't like Interstellar, Inception, The Prestige?
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/14/2018, 9:02 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Christopher Nolan is my favorite director. He's extremely talented. You didn't like Interstellar, Inception, The Prestige?

Interstellar was predictable garbage top to bottom not even Chastian could make me watch that a second time.

Inception. Once was more than enough.

The Prestige was twelve years ago and I have managed two viewings in that time.

Memento and Batman Begins are about all I really enjoyed in his entire career.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 1/14/2018, 9:02 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:

Christopher Nolan is my favorite director. He's extremely talented. You didn't like Interstellar, Inception, The Prestige?

I generally enjoy his films, but have you never noticed they're all the same?

I haven't seen Dunkirk, or Inception, but Memento, Prestige, Batman (in particular the Bane one), are all the same movie. Nice visuals, narratives full of subterfuge, and then a twist reveal at the end. Interstellar was pretty much the same as well, but better.

He's a rich man's M. Night Shyamalama-Ding-Dong.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/14/2018, 9:04 pm

Rusty wrote:I generally enjoy his films, but have you never noticed they're all the same?

I haven't seen Dunkirk, or Inception, but Memento, Prestige, Batman (in particular the Bane one), are all the same movie. Nice visuals, narratives full of subterfuge, and then a twist reveal at the end. Interstellar was pretty much the same as well, but better.

He's a rich man's M. Night Shyamalama-Ding-Dong.

If Michael Bay and M Night went back into the past and raised a baby together, it would be Christopher Nolan.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 1/14/2018, 9:40 pm

You can hate on his dark knight trilogy and Dunkirk all you want, but Memento, The Prestige and especially Inception and Interstellar are quality films.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/14/2018, 10:34 pm

Tyger wrote:You can hate on his dark knight trilogy and Dunkirk all you want, but Memento, The Prestige and especially Inception and Interstellar are quality films.

Thank you Tyger! Explain to these gentlemen the brilliance of his movies.

Rusty wrote:I generally enjoy his films, but have you never noticed they're all the same?

Yeah, I've noticed this but his storytelling is still unparalleled. Inception blew my mind and I've watched it many times, it's one of my favorite movies of all time.

WyldeMan wrote:If Michael Bay and M Night went back into the past and raised a baby together, it would be Christopher Nolan.

Nolan is not really great at action so you can't really say Bay, but M Night I can understand.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 1/14/2018, 10:40 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:
Tyger wrote:You can hate on his dark knight trilogy and Dunkirk all you want, but Memento, The Prestige and especially Inception and Interstellar are quality films.

Yeah, I've noticed this but his storytelling is still unparalleled. Inception blew my mind and I've watched it many times, it's one of my favorite movies of all time.

Don't get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoy his movies, but they do seem to follow a certain format.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/14/2018, 10:45 pm

Rusty wrote:
UltimateMarvel wrote:

Don't get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoy his movies, but they do seem to follow a certain format.

Don't get me wrong either, I just want to be clear.....I wish he'd stop making movies.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/14/2018, 10:51 pm

Rusty wrote:Don't get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoy his movies, but they do seem to follow a certain format.

I get it. Highly recommend you check out Inception though.

WyldeMan wrote:Don't get me wrong either, I just want to be clear.....I wish he'd stop making movies.

What we have here is a hater. Stand clear everyone, he will not prevent us from enjoying these work of arts. Razz
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/14/2018, 10:56 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:What we have here is a hater. Stand clear everyone, he will not prevent us from enjoying these work of arts. Razz

Dunkirk (Tom Hardy / Cillian Murphy / Kenneth Branagh) (July 21, 2017) Tenor

Dunkirk (Tom Hardy / Cillian Murphy / Kenneth Branagh) (July 21, 2017) Tenor
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/14/2018, 11:06 pm

LOL! I was drinking water and it went down the wrong pipe. Thanks for that!
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down