BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Don’t Breathe (Stephen Lang / Jane Levy / Dylan Minnett) (August 26th)

4 posters

Go down

Don’t Breathe (Stephen Lang / Jane Levy / Dylan Minnett) (August 26th) Empty Don’t Breathe (Stephen Lang / Jane Levy / Dylan Minnett) (August 26th)

Post by WyldeMan 8/16/2016, 7:12 am

Three teens who get away with perfectly planned home robberies have set their sights on one last payout that will get them out of crime forever. Their target: a reclusive blind man with millions of dollars in hiding. But as soon as they break into his home, the tables are turned and they find themselves trapped and fighting for survival against a psychopath with secrets of his own.

Don’t Breathe stars Jane Levy, Daniel Zovatto, Stephen Lang, and Dylan Minnette. It was written by Fede Alvarez and Rodo Sayagues with Alvarez directing. The film is produced by Sam Raimi and Rob Tapert for Ghost House Pictures. J.R. Young, Nathan Kahane, Joe Drake and Erin Westerman executive produce.
Don’t Breathe (Stephen Lang / Jane Levy / Dylan Minnett) (August 26th) Dont-b10

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Don’t Breathe (Stephen Lang / Jane Levy / Dylan Minnett) (August 26th) Empty Re: Don’t Breathe (Stephen Lang / Jane Levy / Dylan Minnett) (August 26th)

Post by UltimateMarvel 8/16/2016, 1:18 pm

This looks good to me. Look forward to seeing it.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Don’t Breathe (Stephen Lang / Jane Levy / Dylan Minnett) (August 26th) Empty Re: Don’t Breathe (Stephen Lang / Jane Levy / Dylan Minnett) (August 26th)

Post by WyldeMan 8/16/2016, 2:04 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:This looks good to me. Look forward to seeing it.

"Don't Breath" had a budget of $10 million while another horror film "Lights Out" with Teresa Palmer made for less than $5 million debuted very strongly a few weeks back, which probably bodes quite well for this one.

Although I'm not a big horror fan in general, I do love that they've figured out how to continuously make highly successful films for very little money compared to tent pole budgets.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 8/16/2016, 4:05 pm

WyldeMan wrote:

"Don't Breath" had a budget of $10 million while another horror film "Lights Out" with Teresa Palmer made for less than $5 million debuted very strongly a few weeks back, which probably bodes quite well for this one.

Although I'm not a big horror fan in general, I do love that they've figured out how to continuously make highly successful films for very little money compared to tent pole budgets.

Yep. I heard about Lights Out too. Can't wait to check it out as well.......low volume style. Razz I remember watching that short film when it first came out on YouTube, it was trending so I checked it out. Who would have thought they'd make a movie out of it. I read that the director of that short film was involved in the movie itself.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/16/2016, 4:11 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:

Yep. I heard about Lights Out too. Can't wait to check it out as well.......low volume style. Razz I remember watching that short film when it first came out on YouTube, it was trending so I checked it out. Who would have thought they'd make a movie out of it. I read that the director of that short film was involved in the movie itself.

David Sandberg who directed the LO short also directed the Light's Out feature and has been given the greenlight on a sequel where they are not only letting him direct but also write. Not too many first time director's get that lucky but that's what happens when your $4 million movie makes nearly $100 million in three weeks.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 8/16/2016, 4:15 pm

WyldeMan wrote:David Sandberg who directed the LO short also directed the Light's Out feature and has been given the greenlight on a sequel where they are not only letting him direct but also write. Not too many first time director's get that lucky but that's what happens when your $4 million movie makes nearly $100 million in three weeks.

Daaaaaaaaaamn! Did not know that. He's one lucky dude.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/16/2016, 4:21 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Daaaaaaaaaamn! Did not know that. He's one lucky dude.

I'd have made that statement just on the fact that his leading lady is the gorgeous Aussie. Teresa Palmer but they also found big success at the BO too. Wink

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 8/16/2016, 6:45 pm

Stephen Lang is one of most underrated character actors in the biz.

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/16/2016, 7:21 pm

ForeverBlu wrote:Stephen Lang is one of most underrated character actors in the biz.

I haven't seen Lang in anything since Into the Badlandes ended last Fall and that was the first time I'd even seen him since the Conan remake probably 5 years earlier. What happened? I don't understand why he's not getting much higher profile work, not all bad guys can be played by Ben Kingsley or Samuel L Jackson. Somehow Spam Worthlessness was the biggest star to come out of Avatar.... Evil or Very Mad

I wasn't even aware that Lang was in this movie until I caught a glimpse of him during a tv promo.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 8/16/2016, 7:47 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Somehow Spam Worthlessness was the biggest star to come out of Avatar.... Evil or Very Mad
Um...you mean with a penis?
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/16/2016, 9:03 pm

Tyger wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:Somehow Spam Worthlessness was the biggest star to come out of Avatar.... Evil or Very Mad
Um...you mean with a penis?

Yes.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 8/16/2016, 9:06 pm

In that case you're right
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/16/2016, 9:33 pm

Tyger wrote:In that case you're right

I never really thought of Avatar as a breakout role for Zoe because Trek happened at the same time and she didn't really land another big roles until Guardians. Also, after the first viewing I never watched Avatar again and tend to not even associate her with that POS. I really like Zoe, she's talented and beautiful but for whatever reason Spam got a lot more attention from Hollywood for a long time after.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/28/2016, 8:01 am

Don’t Breathe’ Scares Up $26.1 Million As Hot Summer for Horror Continues
“Don’t Breathe,” a twisty story of a group of teenage delinquents who pick the wrong house to burglarize, dominated the late summer box office, debuting to a potent $26.1 million and topping charts. It joins a long list of recent horror films such as “The Purge: Election Year,” “The Conjuring 2,” “Lights Out,” and “The Shallows” that have all found success with audiences. It’s a genre that’s particularly attractive to studios, because these films don’t require much in the way of special effects or star power, making them cheaper to produce than comic book adventures and science-fiction fantasies.

“Don’t Breathe” was backed by Sony’s Screen Gems and Steve Bersch’s Stage 6 Films, and cost less than $10 million to produce. It more than doubled its production budget in a single weekend, after rolling out across 3,051 locations. Sony screened the film at SXSW and Comic-Con in order to build buzz. The film follows a gang of thieves who find out that the blind man whose house they’ve targeted isn’t as helpless as he appears. Instead of making off with loot, they are pitted in a deadly cat-and-mouse game.

“Don’t Breathe” displaced “Suicide Squad” from its perch atop charts. After finishing in first for three consecutive weekends, the super villain mash-up had to settle for second place this weekend with about $12.1 million at 3,582 locations.

Among new releases, Lionsgate bowed “Mechanic: Resurrection,” a follow-up to the 2011 cult hit “The Mechanic,” in 2,258 locations, where it earned $7.5 million. That’s less than the first “Mechanic’s” $11.4 million domestic debut. The sequel centers on an assassin (Jason Statham) who is lured out of retirement for a series of hits. It co-stars Tommy Lee Jones, Michelle Yeoh, and Jessica Alba.

Fans of the 44th president got a tour down memory lane with “Southside with You” from Roadside Attractions and Miramax. The romantic drama looks at Barack and Michelle Obama’s first date, debuting to roughly $3 million from 813 sites. The Weinstein Company countered with the boxing drama “Hands of Stone,” a biopic about Panamanian fighter Roberto Duran, that opened to $1.7 million at 810 locations.

In limited release, Sony Pictures Classics bowed “The Hollars,” a family dramedy that marks “The Office” star John Krasinski’s feature film directorial debut, on four screens where it made $46,068, for a per-theater average of $11,517.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 12/4/2016, 10:14 pm

This movie was good, had some twists in it that I didn't see coming. I can see why people enjoyed it and it did really well at the box office. The acting is great and the story is not as simple as you might think judging by the trailer.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down