BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Venom: Let There Be Carnage ($500 Million Worldwide Box office)

+2
UltimateMarvel
WyldeMan
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Venom: Let There Be Carnage ($500 Million Worldwide Box office)  - Page 2 Empty Re: Venom: Let There Be Carnage ($500 Million Worldwide Box office)

Post by joey con carne 4/24/2018, 10:01 am

It definitely looks pretty cool. I like how it is very much like the comics where the symbiote talks to Eddie.

Although this is different from what I remember in the comics. I think Eddie was a photographer like Peter and somehow Spider-Man got him fired. Eddie is actually a decent guy but he is pissed at Spider-Man for getting him fired so he is constantly going after Spider-Man.

I remember reading a comic where Spider-Man and Venom were fighting and a baby in a stroller was knocked off a bridge. Venom stops fighting Spider-Man to save the baby.

The Venom in the comics was a simple and complex character at the same time. Eddie was not just a bad guy who liked hurting people and really just wanted to get back at Spider-Man.

This movie appears to be a little different with the origin story and also appears to change the way Venom's symbiote functions. I don't recall Venom ever using the symbiote (costume) as a weapon. The way Venom works in this movie seems more like Carnage.

I'm not excited to watch it but with MoviePass (again, assuming they are still in business by the release date), I will definitely check this out.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Venom: Let There Be Carnage ($500 Million Worldwide Box office)  - Page 2 Empty Re: Venom: Let There Be Carnage ($500 Million Worldwide Box office)

Post by UltimateMarvel 4/24/2018, 1:08 pm

Venom looks alright to me but the trailer was good and how they're able to communicate with each other just like in the comics. The story is definitely different and I'm with joey as far as Eddie/Venom's origin story. Hopefully this turns out to be a good movie if nothing else.

Funny how they want it to be so different that they're pronouncing symbiote differently as well.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/25/2018, 6:10 am

Venom: Let There Be Carnage ($500 Million Worldwide Box office)  - Page 2 Dbhimt10

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/20/2018, 8:26 am

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/31/2018, 7:30 am

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 7/31/2018, 4:11 pm

Venom is looking better now and I'm glad he doesn't have the white spider symbol on his chest because that would have gotten some people upset, not to mention it wouldn't make any sense. I'm pretty sure he won't be swinging in this one too I guess which is also a good thing.

Special effects could use a little touch up and unless it turns out different, you can kinda predict how the movie is going to go because they gave away a little too much.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 7/31/2018, 6:34 pm

What's the deal with Venom wanting to eat people? I mean, I guess it would be cool if he ate hot babes but he just wants to eat dudes. The hell is up with that?
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/31/2018, 7:49 pm

joey con carne wrote:What's the deal with Venom wanting to eat people? I mean, I guess it would be cool if he ate hot babes but he just wants to eat dudes. The hell is up with that?

Not all serial killers take out their rage on women, his alien symbiote craves man meat the way Alf craved cat.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 7/31/2018, 8:47 pm

What a waste of that tongue
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/31/2018, 9:13 pm

Tyger wrote:What a waste of that tongue

You'd think Eddie Brock would be the Gene Simmons of the anti-hero pussy gettin union but they went a different direction.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 8/1/2018, 4:11 pm

You guys noticed how they corrected their pronunciation of "symbiote" in this trailer?
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 8/1/2018, 4:46 pm

The guy and Bellweather pronounce the word differently. It's like "tomato" and "tomahto". No matter what, both pronunciations of the word "symbiote" are better than Zachary Levi's muscle-padded suit.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 8/1/2018, 9:41 pm

That trailer was actually pretty good. Better than I was expecting.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/2/2018, 4:57 am

joey con carne wrote:The guy and Bellweather pronounce the word differently. It's like "tomato" and "tomahto". No matter what, both pronunciations of the word "symbiote" are better than Zachary Levi's muscle-padded suit.

I didn't watch the trailers but maybe it's Tom's accent coming through? Brits pronounce everything hilariously wrong, like children first learning to speak.

Then again, in comic movies people are always fucking retarded and unable to pronounce the simplest of words, like Ra's.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 8/3/2018, 4:26 pm

BOOM! It's Symbiote.

UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/11/2018, 10:10 am

BossLogic havin some fun.

Venom: Let There Be Carnage ($500 Million Worldwide Box office)  - Page 2 Dkr8tp10

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 8/11/2018, 6:16 pm

Nice! I'm guessing Riot is the other symbiote, don't think I've read about him before.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 8/13/2018, 3:33 pm

I would watch that as long as “symbiote” is pronounced “symbiote”.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 8/15/2018, 8:29 am

WyldeMan wrote:I didn't watch the trailers but maybe it's Tom's accent coming through? Brits pronounce everything hilariously wrong, like children first learning to speak.

Then again, in comic movies people are always fucking retarded and unable to pronounce the simplest of words, like Ra's.

I just remembered this post and I meant to respond to the bolded portion. Were you being facetious? Smile
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/15/2018, 9:03 am

joey con carne wrote:I just remembered this post and I meant to respond to the bolded portion. Were you being facetious? Smile

Possibly. Cool
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/22/2018, 1:33 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Nice! I'm guessing Riot is the other symbiote, don't think I've read about him before.

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/25/2018, 4:06 pm

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/13/2018, 3:58 pm

With tickets for director Ruben Fleischer’s Venom now on sale, the runtime and the rating for the film has been revealed and it’s 1 hr 52 minutes… and PG-13 – which should surprise no one. If Sony was going to pursue the R-rating for the anti-hero, they would have announced it when the film was being shot, the same way Deadpool did during production.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 10/26/2018, 11:48 am

Gonna catch this on Sunday with my brudda. 9 bucks for matinee. Funk dat, yo. It better be good.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/26/2018, 12:29 pm

joey con carne wrote:Gonna catch this on Sunday with my brudda. 9 bucks for matinee. Funk dat, yo. It better be good.

$9?? The last matinee I caught cost about $6.50. I guess it's been awhile since I went.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 10/26/2018, 3:03 pm

Well, it was actually $7.79 but my dumbass brudda bought the tix online and paid the god damn “convenience charge” of a dollar for purchasing online. Those dicks. But it saved my bro a trip to the theater.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 10/26/2018, 4:27 pm

Everyone says they didn't like the movie. Let us know what you thought of it though Joey.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 10/30/2018, 5:20 pm

I forgot to post here!

This movie is alright. I wouldn't say it's as good as Thor: Ragnarok, though. I use Thor: Ragnarok as a comparison because that movie was funny. That is, it had pervasive comedic moments and conversations. Venom had some funny moments, too, and also funny dialogue.

I would give this a recommendation. A good time and entertaining. I would watch it again when it comes out on bloo.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 12/3/2018, 6:58 am

Movie was bad but I enjoyed the interaction between Eddie and Venom. As far as story and villain goes, it was terrible. I can't believe this movie is at $800 Mil, China really loves it apparently. Movie is only 1hr 30 mins. It's worth a watch at least once but that's about it. Tom shouldn't have taken this role. As good of an actor he is, he wasn't a good fit and I didn't buy the accent.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 2/28/2019, 12:02 pm

This may be Tom Hardy's most impressive role to date. Not as Venom or Eddie, but playing an actor who would make this movie. I’m not even joking, he seems completely different.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 2/28/2019, 2:47 pm

Tyger wrote:This may be Tom Hardy's most impressive role to date. Not as Venom or Eddie, but playing an actor who would make this movie. I’m not even joking, he seems completely different.

LOL That's the real character he was playing.......now it makes sense.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 12/4/2021, 8:02 pm

Venom: Let There Be Carnage - What a fucking terrible movie! Worse than the first one. Couldn't finish it in one sitting, finished it the next day.

I'm starting to think Venom from Spider-Man 3 wasn't that bad without Eddie Brock. lol
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/5/2021, 11:03 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:Venom: Let There Be Carnage -  What a fucking terrible movie! Worse than the first one. Couldn't finish it in one sitting, finished it the next day.

I'm starting to think Venom from Spider-Man 3 wasn't that bad without Eddie Brock. lol

I expected as much based on the atrocious trailers.

Hardy hasn't made a good movie in years.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2