BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Money Monster ($91,132,482)

3 posters

Go down

Money Monster ($91,132,482) Empty Money Monster ($91,132,482)

Post by WyldeMan Wed 13 Jan 2016 - 14:02

Money Monster ($91,132,482) Money-10
Lee Gates is a bombastic TV personality whose popular financial network show has made him the money wiz of Wall Street. But after he hawks a high tech stock that mysteriously crashes, an irate investor takes Gates, his crew, and his ace producer Patty Fenn hostage live on air. Unfolding in real time, Gates and Fenn must find a way to keep themselves alive while simultaneously uncovering the truth behind a tangle of big money lies.

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Money Monster ($91,132,482) Empty Re: Money Monster ($91,132,482)

Post by UltimateMarvel Sun 14 Aug 2016 - 10:35

Not bad for a directorial debut. There were something things that were a little out there because it's a movie but entertaining overall. Certainly great acting from Clooney, Roberts and O'Connell.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan Sun 14 Aug 2016 - 11:57

UltimateMarvel wrote:Not bad for a directorial debut. There were something things that were a little out there because it's a movie but entertaining overall. Certainly great acting from Clooney, Roberts and O'Connell.

I watched this last night, first Clooney or Roberts movie I'd seen in a very long time, I only watched for O'Connell and he delivered with what felt like a very predictable and tired script.

FYI, this wasn't her directorial debut....1991's Little Man Tate was Foster's directorial debut but she also directed The Beaver with Mel Gibson and a Holly Hunter movie in the 90s and I think some tv episodes too.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel Sun 14 Aug 2016 - 15:35

WyldeMan wrote:
UltimateMarvel wrote:Not bad for a directorial debut. There were something things that were a little out there because it's a movie but entertaining overall. Certainly great acting from Clooney, Roberts and O'Connell.

I watched this last night, first Clooney or Roberts movie I'd seen in a very long time, I only watched for O'Connell and he delivered with what felt like a very predictable and tired script.

FYI, this wasn't her directorial debut....1991's Little Man Tate was Foster's directorial debut but she also directed The Beaver with Mel Gibson and a Holly Hunter movie in the 90s and I think some tv episodes too.

Really? I didn't know that. Yeah, the movie was predictable in some parts but some things did surprise me.

What did you think about that scene where Clooney was encouraging viewers to buy, buy, buy stocks and it went up but took a dip again. That was very unbelievable I thought.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan Sun 14 Aug 2016 - 16:40

UltimateMarvel wrote:Really? I didn't know that. Yeah, the movie was predictable in some parts but some things did surprise me.

What did you think about that scene where Clooney was encouraging viewers to buy, buy, buy stocks and it went up but took a dip again. That was very unbelievable I thought.

I was pretty sure about the bomb from the beginning but positive about it when his horrendous girlfriend started degrading him and mentioned his complete lack of skills, which somehow the cops didn't catch.  Razz

That was hilarious because it shows the nature of the beast, people don't care about other people when profit is on the line. You saw how quickly the citizens turned to mockery and dancing and memes, they forgot the story the moment the credits rolled. Even Clooney and Roberts were having a 1%er giggle and a toast at the end. I expected so much more from this story but when I saw it was only 95 minutes, all hope was lost. This was as hard hitting as Concussion, which is to say these writers are playing fucking pop warner.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel Sun 14 Aug 2016 - 18:16

WyldeMan wrote:I was pretty sure about the bomb from the beginning but positive about it when his horrendous girlfriend started degrading him and mentioned his complete lack of skills, which somehow the cops didn't catch.  Razz

His girl is a bitch, saying all that shit on live TV was fucked up.

WyldeMan wrote:That was hilarious because it shows the nature of the beast, people don't care about other people when profit is on the line. You saw how quickly the citizens turned to mockery and dancing and memes, they forgot the story the moment the credits rolled. Even Clooney and Roberts were having a 1%er giggle and a toast at the end. I expected so much more from this story but when I saw it was only 95 minutes, all hope was lost. This was as hard hitting as Concussion, which is to say these writers are playing fucking pop warner.

Very true. That scene was very unrealistic to me. People won't put up their money on the line because someone they don't know is in danger of his life, I wouldn't. Certainly not enough people to change the stock like that.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan Sun 14 Aug 2016 - 19:04

UltimateMarvel wrote:Very true. That scene was very unrealistic to me. People won't put up their money on the line because someone they don't know is in danger of his life, I wouldn't. Certainly not enough people to change the stock like that.

Tell that to every asshole with a GoFundMe page.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel Sun 14 Aug 2016 - 21:27

WyldeMan wrote:
UltimateMarvel wrote:Very true. That scene was very unrealistic to me. People won't put up their money on the line because someone they don't know is in danger of his life, I wouldn't. Certainly not enough people to change the stock like that.

LOL! I guess that is like that. Astounding!
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan Mon 15 Aug 2016 - 7:16

UltimateMarvel wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:

If a child has cancer and her parent's who were working three jobs to pay for her medical bills but they died in a car wreck, that child would still have less chance of getting money from people than someone who wanted to build their perfect sandwich. Seriously, I've seen GFM pages where people donated thousands of dollars for some asshole to make himself sandwiches.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel Mon 15 Aug 2016 - 10:43

WyldeMan wrote:
UltimateMarvel wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:

If a child has cancer and her parent's who were working three jobs to pay for her medical bills but they died in a car wreck, that child would still have less chance of getting money from people than someone who wanted to build their perfect sandwich. Seriously, I've seen GFM pages where people donated thousands of dollars for some asshole to make himself sandwiches.

Seriously? And people actually fund him? Maybe I should get on that shit. "Hey, my car is old as fuck and I need a new one." Rolling Eyes
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger Wed 7 Sep 2016 - 12:14

Holy shit, that girlfriend. Not even any lead up, just straight into tearing him a new one.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel Wed 7 Sep 2016 - 12:16

Tyger wrote:Holy shit, that girlfriend. Not even any lead up, just straight into tearing him a new one.

That shit was public too. She DESTROYED him!
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan Wed 7 Sep 2016 - 14:47

UltimateMarvel wrote:
Tyger wrote:Holy shit, that girlfriend. Not even any lead up, just straight into tearing him a new one.

That shit was public too. She DESTROYED him!

It was just like this!

Money Monster ($91,132,482) Giphy

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down