BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I just bought a PS3

4 posters

Go down

I just bought a PS3 Empty I just bought a PS3

Post by Rusty 11/12/2015, 3:13 am

Not much else to say until it arrives Very Happy

I went PS3 over PS4 for two reasons:

1: Backwards Compatibility. I can play any PS1 game on it. My favourite games are all PS1. Though I did own a PS2 for awhile, I never gravitated toward any of the newer games, and, for the most part, stuck with my PS1 titles. I'd rent PS2 titles, but don't believe I ever bought one.

2: I have a shit-house internet connection. Whilst the PS4 can access previous Gen. games via the PS online/live cloud service, my internet connect just isn't able to support it (cost/data wise).

I haven't owned a gaming console in over a decade. This'll be fun. bounce
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

I just bought a PS3 Empty Re: I just bought a PS3

Post by joey con carne 11/12/2015, 11:23 am

I have a PS3 and do not have any plans to upgrade until maybe a year or two later. Even then, I'm not sure I'd ever stop playing the PS3 for the exact reasons you mentioned. Also, I have a ton of games on it and not being able to play them on the PS4 is a dealbreaker for me right now. I am enjoying the hell out of my PS3 and Xbox 360. I just started playing Kingdoms of Amalur on my PS3 and I'm still working on Devil May Cry 4 and Bayonetta (two of the best action games I've ever played next to the Max Payne series) on my Xbox 360.

Hope you enjoy it to the max, bro!
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/12/2015, 1:26 pm

I played my buddies Xbox One last night because I've been dying to check out Fallout 4 so I did but I still didn't feel any need to upgrade my PS3. I love the Fallout and the Assassins Creed franchises by far they're my favorite games to play, but I'm not going to buy an entire new system for two games when my old one is still awesome. With that said I am still very disappointed that I cannot play either of the newest games in either franchise because they're Next Gen exclusive but having played F4 last night, my PS3 could not have been able to handle that ridiculously smooth mapping and massive world map.

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 11/12/2015, 1:52 pm

Don't you mean "current-gen exclusive"? Razz
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 11/12/2015, 3:22 pm

Rusty, just to clarify, you got the old "fat" PS3 then? The slim PS3's aren't backwards compatible
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/12/2015, 3:48 pm

joey con carne wrote:Don't you mean "current-gen exclusive"? Razz

I guess, but it feels next gen to me cause I'm still years away from purchasing one.

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 11/12/2015, 3:52 pm

Tyger wrote:Rusty, just to clarify, you got the old "fat" PS3 then? The slim PS3's aren't backwards compatible

I got the slim In Australia, all versions are backwards compatible with PS1 games. That's all I need.

Only the 60gb fat PS3 is compatible with PS2 games, but they never interested me, so my favourite PS1 and newer PS3 games will do me fine. I can live without PS2 games.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down