BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alien: Covenant ($230M)

+2
Rusty
WyldeMan
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Alien: Covenant ($230M) Empty Alien: Covenant ($230M)

Post by WyldeMan 9/24/2015, 5:34 pm

Alien: Covenant ($230M) Noomi-10
Seemingly out of nowhere, Ridley Scott has revealed the somewhat unexpected title of his sequel to 2012’s Prometheus. Speaking to the website HeyUGuys while promoting his upcoming film The Martian, Scott said the Prometheus follow-up now is called Alien: Paradise Lost.

The title alone is practically a spoiler, suggesting the film is more directly connected to the Alien universe than was its predecessor. “Prometheus 2 is not really what it’s going to be,” Scott said. “It’s going to be Alien: Paradise Lost.” He explained in the interview that the film will be more a prequel to 1979’s Alien, examining the “why and how the beast was invented.” Further, the title’s allusion to the poem by John Milton is intentional, with Scott saying that there will be “really a similarity” between it and the film.

It will be some time before Scott gets to work on Alien: Paradise Lost, but Scott’s far more optimistic tale involving space travel, The Martian starring Matt Damon and Jessica Chastain, hits theaters October 2.

Last edited by WyldeMan on 7/21/2017, 12:34 pm; edited 11 times in total
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Alien: Covenant ($230M) Empty Re: Alien: Covenant ($230M)

Post by WyldeMan 9/25/2015, 11:14 am

Ridley Scott Reveals Major Paradise Lost Details On 'Ripley', 'Xenomorphs', And More
Alien: Covenant ($230M) Ixj4l310
Yesterday, Sir Ridley Scott revealed that his Prometheus sequel is going to be titled Alien: Paradise Lost, and he's now shed even more light on what we should expect from the movie. Asked to go into further detail by Empire Online about the reason for the name change, The Martian helmer explained: "Years ago, I kept mulling over what Alien 2 could be. I was fiddling around with some ideas. I was always fascinated with why this thing [the xenomorph] would be made, by whom, and for what purpose? The planet it was on – and I was looking at the dark side of the moon – would be called Paradise. Paradise is a very ominous word..." It's clear then that this movie is going to have some very close ties to Alien, something which Prometheus was sorely lacking. However, the name change hasn't caused too many changes. "In a way it is Prometheus 2. It’s exactly the same story. But it was always in the works to be called that [Alien: Paradise Lost]. Is Prometheus actually taking us off course from where I’m going, which is actually backing into the first Alien... I’ve even got connections with Ripley [in this], but I’m not telling you what."

The fact that it will feature ties to Ripley is obviously very exciting news for Alien fans, but those same fans have no doubt spent the past 24 hours fretting about Neill Blomkamp's Alien 5. After all, surely they're not going to release that movie just a couple of years after a prequel to the first instalment in the franchise? Won't that just confuse moviegoers? Whatever the answer may be, it's definitely still happening! "I’m producing it," Scott confirmed. "The design is for it to go out next, after this. This will go out first. It’s more associated with Ripley, it’s a completely different angle, it’s more of a sequel. I’m coming in from the back end." Oh, and here's where things get really exciting; the filmmaker has changed his stance on bringing back the Xenomorph! "I think I have to go again. We will see who made it, and why. That’s what’s interesting." Finally, he addressed the possibility that we'll be spending the entirety of Alien: Paradise Lost seeing Michael Fassbender play little more than a disembodied head! "It’s going to be better than that," he laughed. "It’s a very nice big idea I’ve got. It’s really great. You’re going to have to wait..."

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 9/26/2015, 12:35 pm

Love Ridley.

... And I'm in the minority that enjoyed Prometheus.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/26/2015, 12:48 pm

Rusty Cunt wrote:Love Ridley.

... And I'm in the minority that enjoyed Prometheus.

Prometheus Fan Edit was great, it's the only version I'll watch.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/29/2015, 1:33 pm

Sir Ridley Scott certainly hasn't shied away from revealing new details about Alien: Paradise Lost during the press tour for The Martian, and in a new interview with Yahoo Movies, he shed more light on what we should expect from the recently retitled Prometheus sequel which is set to build towards the events of the original Alien"It continues after the last one, where Elizabeth Shaw [Noomi Rapace] says, 'I wanna go where they came from,'" the filmmaker explains. "And you’ve got Michael Fassbender in two parts, so she’ll slowly put him back together. They will go to the world of the Engineer." Asked to clarify if that means the duo will be arriving on the planet belonging to the Engingeers, he confirmed: "That’s where they’re going to go. They will find out who would design such an awful bio-mechanoid creature, like a massive piece of bacteria."

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/16/2015, 5:54 pm

‘Prometheus’ Sequel Gets Release Date and Synopsis
Alien: Covenant ($230M) Alien-10
When Neill Blomkamp talked his way into directing an Alien sequel via social media earlier this year, that apparently lit a fire under Scott’s behind to finally get moving on Prometheus 2. He began talking more seriously about making the film, setting an early 2016 production start-date and referring to it as Alien: Paradise Lost. That title fell by the wayside recently (likely due to copyright issues over the “Paradise Lost” subtitle), but now 20th Century Fox has confirmed the film’s new title Alien: Covenant and set an October 6, 2017 release date for the picture.

Ridley Scott returns to the universe he created in ALIEN with ALIEN: COVENANT, the second chapter in a prequel trilogy that began with PROMETHEUS — and connects directly to Scott’s 1979 seminal work of science fiction. Bound for a remote planet on the far side of the galaxy, the crew of the colony ship Covenant discovers what they think is an uncharted paradise, but is actually a dark, dangerous world — whose sole inhabitant is the “synthetic” David (Michael Fassbender), survivor of the doomed Prometheus expedition.

So, uh, where’s Noomi Rapace? Prometheus ended with Rapace and Michael Fassbender‘s Elizabeth and David as the sole survivors of the Prometheus, with Scott saying the sequel would find the two on a road trip of sorts to find the home world of the Engineers. Rapace’s name is nowhere to be found, however, and the synopsis cites David as the “sole inhabitant” of the planet. It would appear that the actress is not returning for the follow-up after all, which is a bit of a bummer—one of the Alien franchise’s strengths was its female-driven heroics. Here’s hoping the Covenant crew offers an opportunity to introduce a new female hero.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/17/2015, 7:04 pm

Katherine Waterston In Talks to Star
Alien: Covenant ($230M) Kather10
Katherine Waterston, who co-starred in Paul Thomas Anderson’s Inherent Vice, is set to star in Alien: Covenant, the Ridley Scott-directed sequel to his Prometheus. In what will be the biggest role of her career to date, Waterston has been cast as the lead, Daniels.

Scott, of course, had put the 20th Century Fox project on hold to do The Martian, which is in the thick of the awards-season race. Covenant is his next pic. Specific plot details are being closely guarded, but it is believed to follow the crew of the colony ship Covenant, bound for a remote planet, who discover what they believe is an uncharted paradise. But in fact it’s a dark, dangerous world whose the only inhabitant is David (Michael Fassbender), the “synthetic” and survivor of the doomed Prometheus expedition.

Covenant is believed to be the first in a conceived trilogy of new films that will link the events of Prometheus with the Scott-directed 1979 classic Alien.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 12/17/2015, 8:59 pm

So umm, Noomi isn't returning?

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/17/2015, 9:03 pm

ForeverBlu wrote:So umm, Noomi isn't returning?

Apparently not, her name never comes up and David is listed as the sole survivor.

Maybe this takes place way after Prometheus but still before Alien and she didn't survive, cryo freeze could have gone wrong, any number of possibilities.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 12/17/2015, 9:25 pm

I don't remember much about Prometheus. What's the point of these prequels?
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/18/2015, 10:31 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:I don't remember much about Prometheus. What's the point of these prequels?

They are the origins of the Xenomorph. Prometheus delved deeper into their creation by the Engineers as a bio-weapon but we still don't know who they were originally created for. If you watch Prometheus, Alien and Aliens you'll see how closely entwined those three are. So if Ridley wants to give us more of that story, then I'm down for it. Also Fassbender as David is a total trip to watch, that guy makes a killer Synth.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by detective392 12/19/2015, 10:54 am

Asked for Alien and Aliens for Christmas so hopefully I get those so I can watch them before this. I loved Promethus and happy to see this is going back into that mythology and including the Xenomorphs.
detective392
detective392

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/23/2015, 7:28 am

Waterston has officially signed on for Covenant reuniting her with her Steve Jobs co-star.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/1/2016, 10:20 am

Noomi Rapace Not Returning for ‘Covenant'
The development of Prometheus 2 has followed a very curious track. Before the first film even hit theaters, director Ridley Scott was already busy revealing what would happen in the subsequent sequel, speaking to the origin story of the Engineers. That initial idea, Scott said, would find Noomi Rapace’s Shaw and the disembodied head of Michael Fassbender’s David embarking on a road trip of sorts to find out where the Engineers came from and discovering even more horrors once they arrived at their home planet. However, now that the film has become a reality and carries a new title—Alien: Covenant—it appears the story has evolved and shifted pretty significantly away from that initial idea.

While early reports noted that Rapace would have a “small role” in Alien: Covenant, Scott has now confirmed to Baz Bamigboye (via The Playlist) that the actress won’t be returning at all, adding that they’re still in the process of casting the main roles. Who are these new characters? Well Alien: Covenant picks up 10 years after the events of Prometheus, with a new crew stumbling upon the remains of the Prometheus ship and the planet’s sole inhabitant, Fassbender’s David.

Will this new group venture to the Engineers’ homeworld? Will the film simply play out as a horror sequel, with a new cast of characters bumbling around the same setting as the first movie? It’s unclear at the moment, but we do know that Katherine Waterston (Inherent Vice) is in talks to star as one of the new crew members, so it’ll be curious to see the cast of characters that Scott assembles for the follow-up.

It is a bit of a shame that Rapace won’t be returning, though, as this likely means Alien: Covenant is less of a direct sequel than we were expecting. It would’ve been great to see the story of Shaw and David continue in the follow-up, but it appears Scott is taking the franchise in a new direction—one he intends to circle back around to the first Alien after two more Prometheus sequels.

Production is expected to begin later this year in Australia ahead of Alien: Covenant’s October 6, 2017 release date.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/22/2016, 7:22 pm

Demian Bichir Joins ‘Covenant’
Alien: Covenant ($230M) Demian10
“The Hateful Eight” star Demian Bichir is coming onboard Fox’s “Alien: Covenant,” Ridley Scott’s sequel to “Prometheus.”

He joins Michael Fassbender, Katherine Waterston and Danny McBride. Bichir received an Oscar nomination for best actor for 2011’s “A Better Life.”

Principal photography for “Alien: Covenant” will be shot in Australia’s New South Wales. The film will hit theaters on Oct. 6, 2017.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/25/2016, 10:00 am

'Covenant’ Crews Up: ‘Empire’s Jussie Smollett, Amy Seimetz, Carmen Ejogo & More
Alien: Covenant ($230M) Jussie10

EXCLUSIVE: Ridley Scott’s Alien: Covenant is in the process of rounding out it main cast ahead of production, which is now being eyed to start next month. Jussie SmollettAmy Seimetz, Carmen Ejogo and Callie Hernandez have signed on to a cast that already features Micahel Fassbender, Katherine Waterston, Demian Bichir and Danny McBride.

Plot details are mostly under wraps for what is the second of the planned three pics at 20th Century Fox acting as a prequel trilogy to Scott’s Alien movies. Only Fassbender is confirmed to reprise his character from 2012’s Prometheus; it remains unclear whether Noomi Rapace will return we’re told.

Smollett plays Jamal Lyon on Fox’s hit primetime soap Empire which is in the middle of its second season.

Seimetz (Upstream Color) is co-creator of Starz’s upcoming The Girlfriend Experience and wrote and directed half of the episodes in Season 1 in addition to her supporting role.

Ejogo played Coretta Scott King in last year’s Oscar Best Picture nominated Selma and is up next in Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/25/2016, 9:21 pm

On top of all these other great additions, Bill Crudup as joined as well.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by detective392 3/2/2016, 8:14 pm

Finally saw Alien and I really enjoyed it. A lot more than I thought I would. Some parts were funny like how she kept going back for the damn cat even though she was being chased by a vicious alien. Looking forward to seeing Aliens and than a re-watch of Prometheus to see if anything pops out after having seen Alien.
detective392
detective392

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/2/2016, 9:07 pm

detective392 wrote:Finally saw Alien and I really enjoyed it. A lot more than I thought I would. Some parts were funny like how she kept going back for the damn cat even though she was being chased by a vicious alien. Looking forward to seeing Aliens and than a re-watch of Prometheus to see if anything pops out after having seen Alien.

Jones the cat.

If you pay attention there are so many east eggs in Prometheus from Alien and Aliens. 

I prefer to watch them in that exact order and you can watch the De-evolution of the Derelict LV-426. Cool

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/26/2016, 10:59 am

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 5/26/2016, 5:47 pm

There goes the Ripley tank top.

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/26/2016, 10:16 pm

ForeverBlu wrote:There goes the Ripley tank top.

Unlike Weaver I find Waterson attractive, so this look works for me.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 5/27/2016, 7:34 am

WyldeMan wrote:
ForeverBlu wrote:There goes the Ripley tank top.

Unlike Weaver I find Waterson attractive, so this look works for me.

It's mandatory for female leads in this franchise.

Tank top

short hair

Looks like she has a better hair cut that Noomi Rampace in Prometheus.

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/27/2016, 8:16 am

ForeverBlu wrote:Looks like she has a better hair cut that Noomi Rampace in Prometheus.

I just hope Ridley doesn't kill her off at the end because he's afraid people might like someone other than Ripley.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 5/27/2016, 10:29 am

WyldeMan wrote:
ForeverBlu wrote:Looks like she has a better hair cut that Noomi Rampace in Prometheus.

I just hope Ridley doesn't kill her off at the end because he's afraid people might like someone other than Ripley.

I had issues with Prometheus, but liked Elizabeth Shaw.

Still wondering why Noomi didn't return?

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/27/2016, 2:35 pm

ForeverBlu wrote:Still wondering why Noomi didn't return?

Shaw was mentioned for a long time and it was supposed to focus on David taking her to the Engineers home world to unlock all the answers but then Ridley took over and suddenly Shaw was dead.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/20/2016, 9:01 pm

Noomi Rapace has been spotted on set the last few weeks in Australia contrary to all long standing reports that she would not be in Covenant.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 6/20/2016, 9:15 pm

Maybe she's filming 
a flashback or Shaw's death scene?

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/20/2016, 9:41 pm

ForeverBlu wrote:Maybe she's filming 
a flashback or Shaw's death scene?

Possibly but they say she's been filming several weeks worth of scenes already so we probably won't know until the film opens.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/23/2016, 7:29 pm

Ridley Scott’s “Alien: Covenant,” was pushed up several months, moving from Aug. 4 to May 19, 2017

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/20/2016, 8:40 pm

Alien: Covenant ($230M) C0ehxw10

Alien: Covenant ($230M) Alien-11

Alien: Covenant ($230M) C0h-np10

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 12/20/2016, 9:52 pm

Got ole girl looking like Ellen Ripley.

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/21/2016, 9:10 am

ForeverBlu wrote:Got ole girl looking like Ellen Ripley.

She'll probably turn out to be Ripley's mom.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 12/24/2016, 11:11 pm

UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/23/2017, 7:56 am

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/1/2017, 7:12 am

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 3/2/2017, 8:12 am

Sorry Ridley Scott, this looks like dog shit.

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 3/2/2017, 5:18 pm

It doesn't look bad, it just looks like a total retread of shit we've seen
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/23/2017, 10:20 am

Alien: Covenant ($230M) Alienc10

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/21/2017, 3:31 pm

Is David reigning down canisters of chest busters onto a population in some insane bio attack?!?!?

Alien: Covenant ($230M) SZ0hTrW

Alien: Covenant ($230M) Alien210
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 4/22/2017, 7:30 pm

Nah, I'll pass.

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/26/2017, 7:16 pm

New ‘Covenant’ Prologue Connects Film to ‘Prometheus’

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/2/2017, 7:11 am

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/10/2017, 8:49 am

Scott Says He’ll Start Filming ‘Alien: Covenant’ Sequel Within 14 Months
“Alien: Covenant” has not even hit theaters yet, but director Ridley Scott says he will begin filming the sequel very soon.

“We’re writing [a sequel] now, as we speak. I’ll be filming that within 14 months,” the director told IGN.

Scott was then asked whether he planned to resolve unanswered questions about the “Alien” franchise in upcoming films, to which he responded that the story has been left “wide open” on purpose.

“That’s why I’m doing it, so you’re asking these questions,” he added.

“Alien: Covenant,” which opens next Friday, follows the crew of The Covenant, a long-range space craft that is being used for the first large scale colonization mission in Earth’s history. The team arrives on an alien planet, only to discover that they are not the first humans to have set foot here.

“Covenant” is intended to be the start of a new trilogy of “Alien” films built on the events of “Prometheus.” Michael Fassbender returns as David (with a dual role as a newer model named Walter) alongside Noomi Rapace, who played “Prometheus” protagonist Elizabeth Shaw.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/21/2017, 8:47 am

Box Office: ‘Covenant’ Overtakes ‘Guardians 2’ to Win Weekend With $36 Million
As this weekend approached, the question lingered if “Alien: Covenant” would be able to unseat “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2” from the top spot at the domestic box office.

Now, we have an answer. As of Sunday morning, “Covenant,” from 20th Century Fox and Scott Free Productions, looks to be the winner with a three-day estimate of just over $36 million from 3,761 locations. That’s just above Disney’s “Guardians” sequel which is raking in an additional $35.3 million from 4,347 spots. The super sequel is seeing only a 46% drop from last weekend, and its total domestic earnings are now exceed $300 million.

While “Alien” may have won, the film’s price tag in the $100 million range and marketing costs detract from the victory. The sixth installment in the Alien franchise (not counting the two Alien vs. Predator films) was directed by Ridley Scott and stars Michael Fassbender, Katherine Waterston, Billy Crudup, and Danny McBride. It holds a 73% on Rotten Tomatoes, which is in line with 2012’s “Prometheus.” Although it came in already having made $42 million overseas and $36 million was enough to land in the top slot, “Alien” grossed less during its first weekend in the U.S. than “Prometheus” did in 2012 ($51 million). Its final totals also came in below earlier projections, which pegged the horror flick at at least $40 million.

While the “Alien” franchise is still able to generate decent interest, the same cannot be said for Fox’s other release this weekend, “Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Long Haul.” The fourth live-action movie based on Jeff Kinney’s middle school-centric book series opened to $7.2 million from 3,157 locations. David Bowers, who directed movies two and three, returned to the helm nearly five years after the last iteration, and anointed a new titular wimp in Jason Drucker.

The only other major release of the weekend was “Everything, Everything,” from Warner Bros. and MGM. The sick-lit adaptation will earn $12 million by the end of the weekend from 2,801 locations. That’s enough to land in the top three. “Hunger Games” standout Amandla Stenberg stars as a girl with an autoimmune disease that keeps her locked up indoors. Nick Robinson plays her love interest named Olly. “Everything, Everything” earned the highest CinemaScore of the new released (an A- overall). 82% of its audience was female, and 74% were under 25 years old.

Amy Schumer’s “Snatched,” also from Fox, will see an additional $7.6 million in earnings from 3,511 theaters, putting it in the fourth slot, ahead of “Wimpy Kid.” Also in its second weekend, “King Arthur: Legend of the Sword” continues to flop miserably with a weekend total of less than $7 million.

With Memorial Day weekend on the horizon, all eyes are fixed on a duo of splashy summer releases — Disney’s “Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales” and Paramount’s “Baywatch.”
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next