BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Inhumans (TBA)

4 posters

Go down

Inhumans (TBA)  Empty Inhumans (TBA)

Post by WyldeMan 12/10/2014, 2:07 am

Inhumans (TBA)  B1ddgv10

The Agents of SHIELD midseason finale went big, revealing the Marvel Comics-based identities of both Skye and her father, “The Doctor.” But that wasn’t all, as Skye and Raina made it into the chamber in the mysterious hidden city where a mist would transform them into something… Inhuman.

Yes, it’s true! On the heels of plenty of fan speculation, the Inhumans have made their first appearance in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, years before their 2018 movie, via Agents of SHIELD. While they may not have said the words Inhumans or Attilan, any lingering doubts as to what we’re dealing with are cleared up by executive producers Maurissa Tancharoen and Jed Whedon in my post-midseason finale chat with the duo, who confirm those are indeed Inhumans and also discuss the reveal that Skye is Daisy Johnson (and her father Marvel’s Calvin Zabo/Mister Hyde), how they decided Agent Antoine "Trip" Triplett wouldn’t survive the episode and more.

IGN: Daisy and Cal! But let’s just get out of the way for those with any doubts, since we didn’t get their full names… We can say Daisy Johnson and Calvin Zabo here?
Tancharoen: Yup. You can say it all you want!

Inhumans (TBA)  Agents10

IGN: When you introduced Skye, was it pretty firm from the get go -- because fans were throwing out every single name they could think of in Marvel -- but did you always know she was going to be Daisy?
Tancharoen: That was our goal from the beginning. We always knew we wanted to evolve her into something else. But we’ve been big fans of Daisy Johnson and Secret Warriors. I think that’s been pretty obvious in the series to date. So when we were given the go ahead to move forward with Daisy Johnson pretty early on, we were thrilled.
IGN: It’s not a hard leap form there to who her dad should be, given the comics gives it to you, but you approach Calvin in a different way from what we’re used to.
Tancharoen: We’ve done that with a lot of elements in our show. We’ve pulled from things that exist in the Marvel comic universe and given our own sort of twist to it so it can fit in our mythology. But yeah, we’re just excited to have those two characters in our world.
Whedon: Kyle [MacLachlan] playing it… One of the things that appeals to us about the character is not just his relation to Daisy, but the idea of someone struggling with himself, which we think Kyle plays brilliantly. He’s fast becoming one of our favorite characters to write.
Tancharoen: Oh my gosh. He’s everyone’s favorite character to write, for sure.

IGN: How did Trip end up being the one to unfortunately prove what would happen if the wrong person went into that chamber and was exposed to what was in there?
Tancharoen: That was a very difficult decision to make. We knew we wanted to make… Essentially at the end of [episode] ten, you’re witnessing Daisy’s origin story. We always knew that we wanted it to be a very emotionally complex experience, juxtaposing that incredible image of her bursting through all the petrification and then having her witness her dear friend’s death at the same time and it always has such a great impact when you take a beloved character and see their end. It’s not something that we… It wasn’t an easy or fast decision to make. Trip is a character that we’ve established over the course of last season and this season and the audience has grown to love him as much as we do but it’s a way to confirm that this life that they all live has stakes and consequences and every day they’re taking a risk and all of them are at risk. To have that present while we’re witnessing Skye’s, well Daisy’s, new power, that’s just something that we wanted to capture in one moment.

IGN: Now we pointedly didn’t see the full reaction for Raina. We saw the encasing. But we didn’t see what happens next. Anything you can say about Raina and what’s going to happen for her?
Whedon: You will know very… Tune in when we come back and you will know!
IGN: Raina’s been such a fascinating, wild card character since she has very different motivations than almost anyone. Is it all sort of observational for her because she’s just so fascinated by what’s occurring?
Tancharoen: All her actions until this point, all her actions have lead to this moment. All the dealings with Hydra and every step she’s taken is because she wanted to get to this place where she goes through the mist. So now she’s done it. We’ll see what that brings her.
Whedon: It was her life long dream. And we’ll see what happens to her emotionally when it comes true.

IGN: Thank you for using the word “mist” before I did! Now you didn’t say the name of the city they were in, but there are so many different clues that would make us think a certain thing about a certain Marvel property getting a movie down the line.
Tancharoen: Well we did say the name of the city… It’s Puerto Rico! [Laughs]
Whedon: We can’t comment on what the films plan to do. In terms of the theories on what city that is, I’ll just say that we’ll know what our characters know when they know it and as they learn about it, we’ll learn about it.
Tancharoen: But yes we are diving into Inhuman territory.
IGN: Oh, okay! To clarify, is that just a word you’re using or this is officially The Inhumans?
Tancharoen: We can officially say that.

Last edited by WyldeMan on 2/21/2017, 2:51 pm; edited 4 times in total
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Inhumans (TBA)  Empty Re: Inhumans (TBA)

Post by WyldeMan 12/10/2014, 10:54 am

Did any of you watch their debut?
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 12/10/2014, 11:31 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Did any of you watch their debut?

I just watched it. It was awesome and beautifully done. Although I don't know much about the Inhumans so I don't know what this is all going to lead to next.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by kernel_thai 12/11/2014, 9:12 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:Did any of you watch their debut?

I just watched it. It was awesome and beautifully done. Although I don't know much about the Inhumans so I don't know what this is all going to lead to next.

Another really good ep. I find it interesting that Spartacus which was kind of a guilty pleasure for me had such a big impact on two of the show I currently enjoy.
kernel_thai
kernel_thai

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 12/11/2014, 11:04 pm

I'm not sure who the guy without the eyes at the end is supposed to be but he's the shocking reveal that's being referred to I'm guessing. Like I said, don't know anything about the Inhumans. Daisy's transformation was pretty freaking cool though.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 12/12/2014, 12:33 am

I do think it's really cool that they get three years to set this up, but as a DC fan, I'm annoyed that they refuse to let their TV shows be part of their cinematic universe.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/12/2014, 11:03 am

Tyger wrote:I do think it's really cool that they get three years to set this up, but as a DC fan, I'm annoyed that they refuse to let their TV shows be part of their cinematic universe.

As as DC fan I'm both annoyed and completely understanding. I'd much rather watch those guys week to week and really learn about them and watch them work then to wait five years and get 2 hours of a really crunched story. I don't need them connected, I've already got my shows and my characters and I don't need to worry about what is happening in the show and how it's going to effect the movie or vice versa. Or being completely constrained by Disney and how they have to handle these characters now that they are part of the Marvel cinematic universe. Also, for the next four years there is absolutely no suspense around a single one of those SHIELD characters as they've all just become untouchable. Yup, glad to be a DC fan.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum