BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

War For The Planet Of The Apes ($484,890,536)

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

War For The Planet Of The Apes ($484,890,536)  - Page 2 Empty Re: War For The Planet Of The Apes ($484,890,536)

Post by WyldeMan 7/16/2017, 3:09 pm

‘War for the Planet of the Apes’ Wages $102.5 Million Global Opening
War For The Planet Of The Apes ($484,890,536)  - Page 2 War-fo10

War for the Planet of the Apes” is on track to pound up $102.5 million worldwide during its opening weekend.
The latest from Fox and Chernin is eyeing $46 million from international markets. It’s opening at four major markets, and 46 total, accounting for about 36% of the film’s eventual footprint. The epic, directed by Matt Reeves and starring Andy Serkis and Woody Harrelson, is leading the domestic box office this weekend with $56.5 million.

Still, the international winner this weekend is once again “Spider-Man: Homecoming.” The release is scoring $72.3 million abroad from 63 total markets. Its global cume stands at $261.1 million. There are still several major markets for the movie to enter, including Spain, Japan and China.

Posting similarly large numbers internationally is Universal and Illumination’s “Despicable Me 3.” The estimate this weekend is $71 million from 61 territories, and the worldwide total is estimated at $619.4 million.

Disney’s “Cars 3” is racing on in 57% of markets. This weekend it’s on track for additional $20.1 million from 33 territories.

Otherwise, films are picking up a little bit here and there. “The Mummy” should made an extra $2 million abroad. “The Beguiled” is heading for a $1.3 million international weekend. “Wonder Woman’s” global tally should reach $764.9 million after earning an additional $3.3 million abroad. Disney’s “Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales” is crossing the $750 million mark after picking up $7.5 million from from overseas territories. And Paramount’s “Transformers: The Last Knight” is grossing $6.7 million this weekend in 48 markets, including one new opening. The film’s international cume is now $392.4 million.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

War For The Planet Of The Apes ($484,890,536)  - Page 2 Empty Re: War For The Planet Of The Apes ($484,890,536)

Post by UltimateMarvel 7/16/2017, 4:41 pm

I know how much you like this franchise Wylde. You going to see it?
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/16/2017, 8:22 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:I know how much you like this franchise Wylde. You going to see it?

If I do it will be the only trip to the theater this year but it's not playing near me yet so I'll have to see.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/9/2017, 2:38 pm

War is now on torrents!!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 10/9/2017, 4:26 pm

WyldeMan wrote:War is now on torrents!!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Nice! I'll be watching it some time this week.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/10/2017, 10:35 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:War is now on torrents!!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Nice! I'll be watching it some time this week.

Three different DL's and while all are HQ none have hardcoded subs so unless Caesar is the one talking or you know ASL, you have no idea what the other apes are saying... Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 10/10/2017, 4:51 pm

lol Guess subtitles will be required.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/10/2017, 6:05 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:lol Guess subtitles will be required.

I watched it and managed to understand most of their conversations even without the subtitles although I never had any idea wtf Marcel and Nova were saying to each other but their relationship was my favorite of the film.

So much to discuss but I don't want to spoil anything until you watch.

I really hope they continue the franchise from here but if not it was a solid final chapter but there is so much story left to tell, this can't be it....
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/5/2017, 7:42 am

Fox’s ‘Logan’ & ‘War For The Planet Of The Apes’ Teams Talk Franchise Endings — The Contenders
For Logan director James Mangold, the choice to end the stories of the X-Men franchise characters came from an artistic point of view. “We had a goal to make a more humane movie,” said Mangold told Dominic Patten at Deadline’s The Contenders event. “That Charles and Logan die at the end of the movies would be no big deal if it was any other movie. The question is loaded with the potency of ‘what are you doing to the franchise?'” To which he answered: “I don’t give a shit. I wanted to make a great movie.”

Sir Patrick Stewart, who has played Professor Charles Xavier since the franchise launched in 2000, recalled the moment when the end of his character hit him. “Hugh and I saw the movie with a big audience for the first time at the Berlin Film Festival,” he said. “We got into the last five minutes of the movie, and I found myself very emotional. I’ve always known that there was an intensity to the ending but not as strong as I found it sitting in the cinema.” He wasn’t alone. “Hugh was crying too,” Stewart said.

“There can be no better way ever of saying goodbye to this franchise than what I watched,” he added. “It was the perfect au revoir to X-Men.”

When it came to capping off the Caesar era of the Planet of the Apes, per star Andy Serkis, it important to show the culmination of the war between humans and apes as well as the war within Caesar himself. “Ceasar up to this point has been trying to be the peace broker within this conflict between the apes and human beings,” Serkis told Deadline’s Joe Utichi. “He had been able to be empathetic to the human cause as well the survival of his own kind. The war for the Planet of the Apes is the war for Caesars internal struggles. … It’s a war for Caesar’s soul.”

Screenwriter Matt Reeves said the end of Caesar doesn’t signal the end of a franchise. “One of the fun things about this reboot is that there are new stories,” he said. “The trajectory is to know we’re going to a Planet of the Apes, the 1968 movie, but these are the stories that haven’t been told. So it’s not about getting to remake that movie, it’s about the journey that takes up from the way that our world looks like right now to the way that that world looks. That becomes this giant Russian ape novel where you go chapter by chapter to the stories that make up this transformation. That gives us an opportunity to tell stories about characters and really who we are.”
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 12/30/2017, 9:57 pm

WyldeMan wrote:
UltimateMarvel wrote:lol Guess subtitles will be required.

I watched it and managed to understand most of their conversations even without the subtitles although I never had any idea wtf Marcel and Nova were saying to each other but their relationship was my favorite of the film.

So much to discuss but I don't want to spoil anything until you watch.

I really hope they continue the franchise from here but if not it was a solid final chapter but there is so much story left to tell, this can't be it....

Watched it and I liked it. Caesar didn't go out like I thought he would, this was a better ending than how I thought he would go out. A nice ending to the trilogy. I haven't seen the old movie other than the 2001 film. Not sure what else needs to happen from here forward.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/30/2017, 10:56 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Watched it and I liked it. Caesar didn't go out like I thought he would, this was a better ending than how I thought he would go out. A nice ending to the trilogy. I haven't seen the old movie other than the 2001 film. Not sure what else needs to happen from here forward.

Caesar's three film epic story was a prequel to the original five film POTA franchise. Trust me, they've only scratched the surface should they opt to continue it.

The next step after losing the war to the apes is that the humans would be rounded up, exterminated and enslaved. The Apes will rule the planet going forward.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2