BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beauty and the Beast (Emma Watson / Dan Stevens / Luke Evans) (March 17, 2017)

2 posters

Go down

Beauty and the Beast (Emma Watson / Dan Stevens / Luke Evans) (March 17, 2017) Empty Beauty and the Beast (Emma Watson / Dan Stevens / Luke Evans) (March 17, 2017)

Post by WyldeMan 1/27/2015, 12:16 am

In an interesting bit of casting news, Emma Watson has been cast as Belle in Disney’s upcoming live-action adaptation of Beauty and the Beast.  The film is set to be directed by Bill Condon (Twilight Breaking Dawn SagaPart 1 and Part 2) from a script by Stephen Chbosky (The Perks of Being a Wall Flower).  Between Watson, Condon and Chbosky that’s some serious royalty of the “young adult” genre, and they’re a team that’s poised not only to speak to a young audiences interests, but also to deliver a film well-tuned Disney’s sensibilities.  Production is slated to begin later in 2015.

The interesting part about this is that Emma Watson was previously set to play the role of Belle in Guilldermo del Toro‘s adaptation of Beauty and the Beast over at Warner Brothers. Del Toro dropped out of directing that film back in June of last year, and it seems Watson had her heart set on the part regardless of studio. Personally, I don’t care who’s making the film (though I would have loved to see Del Toro’s interpretation of the dark love story), as long as Watson stays on as Belle.  I grew up on the animated feature, adoring the songs and Belle’s character, and Watson is the exactly the classy young actress to bring Belle’s gumption and intelligence to life on the big screen.

The re-imagining of Beauty and the Beast follows on the heels of Disney’s other recent live-action successes including Alice in Wonderland in 2010 and Maleficent in 2014. Disney currently has two other live-action re-imaginings in the works: Cinderella, directed by Kenneth Branagh, and The Jungle Book , directed by Jon Favreau.
Here’s the official press release:

Actress Emma Watson has been cast as Belle in Disney’s upcoming live-action interpretation of Beauty and the Beast. The film is directed by Bill Condon and produced by Mandeville Films’ David Hoberman and Todd Lieberman. Production is anticipated to begin later this year.

Last edited by WyldeMan on 5/24/2016, 8:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Beauty and the Beast (Emma Watson / Dan Stevens / Luke Evans) (March 17, 2017) Empty Re: Beauty and the Beast (Emma Watson / Dan Stevens / Luke Evans) (March 17, 2017)

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/27/2015, 12:25 am

I'm so sick of Beauty and the Beast. It's been done to death with many interpretations. The upcoming Cinderella is going to be great because it's fresh and hasn't been done in a while. I'd love to see what they can do with The Little Mermaid though.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Beauty and the Beast (Emma Watson / Dan Stevens / Luke Evans) (March 17, 2017) Empty Re: Beauty and the Beast (Emma Watson / Dan Stevens / Luke Evans) (March 17, 2017)

Post by WyldeMan 1/27/2015, 12:31 am

UltimateMarvel wrote: The upcoming Cinderella is going to be great because it's fresh and hasn't been done in a while.

And now another Marvel Facepalm moment brought to you by me. Twisted Evil

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/27/2015, 12:36 am

WyldeMan wrote:
UltimateMarvel wrote: The upcoming Cinderella is going to be great because it's fresh and hasn't been done in a while.

[center]And now another Marvel Facepalm moment brought to you by me. Twisted Evil

LOL! Not that shit! The other one with Richard Madden and Hayley Atwell. I didn't think Into the Woods had Cinderella. Damn!

Last edited by UltimateMarvel on 1/27/2015, 12:40 am; edited 1 time in total
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/27/2015, 12:37 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:I  didn't think Into the Woods has Cinderella. Damn!

It doesn't just have Cinderella, she's the star.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/27/2015, 12:42 am

WyldeMan wrote:
UltimateMarvel wrote:I  didn't think Into the Woods has Cinderella. Damn!

It doesn't just have Cinderella, she's the star.

LOL! Didn't get that from the trailer at all. Thought it was about more than one fairy tale?
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/24/2016, 8:14 pm

Disney’s “Beauty and the Beast” is a live-action re-telling of the studio’s animated classic which refashions the classic characters from the tale as old as time for a contemporary audience, staying true to the original music while updating the score with several new songs. “Beauty and the Beast” is the fantastic journey of Belle, a bright, beautiful and independent young woman who is taken prisoner by a beast in his castle. Despite her fears, she befriends the castle’s enchanted staff and learns to look beyond the Beast’s hideous exterior and realize the kind heart and soul of the true Prince within. The film stars: Emma Watson as Belle; Dan Stevens as the Beast; Luke Evans as Gaston, the handsome, but shallow villager who woos Belle; Oscar® winner Kevin Kline as Maurice, Belle’s eccentric, but lovable father; Josh Gad as Lefou, Gaston’s long-suffering aide-de-camp; Golden Globe® nominee Ewan McGregor as Lumiere, the candelabra; Oscar nominee Stanley Tucci as Maestro Cadenza, the harpsichord; Gugu Mbatha-Raw as Plumette, the feather duster; six-time Tony Award® winner Audra McDonald as Madame Garderobe, the wardrobe; Oscar nominee Ian McKellen as Cogsworth, the mantel clock; and two-time Academy Award® winner Emma Thompson as the teapot, Mrs. Potts.

Directed by Oscar® winner Bill Condon from a screenplay by TBD based on the 1991 animated film, the film is produced by Mandeville Films’ David Hoberman and Todd Lieberman with eight-time Oscar-winning composer Alan Menken, who won two Academy Awards® (Best Original Score and Best Song) for the 1991 animated film, providing the score, which will include new recordings of the original songs written by Menken and Howard Ashman, as well as several new songs written by Menken and three-time Oscar winner Tim Rice. “Beauty and the Beast” will be released in U.S. theaters on March 17, 2017.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 5/24/2016, 9:28 pm

They did an incredible job bringing it to life, everything aside from the characters that is. We didn't see much but from what we got, I think Watson is going to be great at it. Wondering how the Beast is going to look.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 7/3/2017, 1:19 pm

Fantastic! I liked Cinderella and I liked this one too. Disney is doing a good job with these live action movies. I'm not one to nitpick the differences between animated movies and the live actions. I read when came out that some people didn't like how LeFou was gay in this but who cares, he's a side character anyway.

I was also surprised to find out who was doing the voice overs, Ian McKellen was easy to figure out but didn't know Ewan McGregor was in this movie as well as Emma Thompson.

The music, the castle and the small town was amazing. They really brought everything to life. Overall, I enjoyed it.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down