BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grand Theft Auto 6 (Watch the Trailer Now)

4 posters

Go down

Grand Theft Auto 6 (Watch the Trailer Now) Empty Grand Theft Auto 6 (Watch the Trailer Now)

Post by WyldeMan 7/27/2022, 2:24 pm

'Grand Theft Auto 6' Reveals Game Location, Announces First Playable Female Character
Grand Theft Auto 6 (Watch the Trailer Now) A04f2710
Game on! Details about the latest game in the Grand Theft Auto franchise with the working title Project Americas including its setting and the first playable female protagonist were released.

Grand Theft Auto 6 will feature its first playable female protagonist, according to a Bloomberg article focusing on how the change in creative direction at Rockstar Games could affect the next game in the series. The woman, who is Latina, is one of a pair of leading characters, inspired by the infamous bank robbers Bonnie and Clyde. GTA 6 will be set in a fictional version of Miami and its surrounding areas, and the game will supposedly change over time with Rockstar Games adding new cities and even more interior locations than previous games in the franchise.

When Rockstar Games officially announced that the development for Grand Theft Auto 6 was underway via the developer’s official Twitter page in February this year, there were no specific details on the gameplay and story followed. So, the new information from Bloomberg’s article is all fans have for now as they await additional updates for the game. The series, which is a satirical depiction of America where players play gangsters who kill civilians, remains a fan favorite among gamers even though its created a lot of controversy and faced backlash. The addition of a playable female character is a big step forward, with many criticisms of the game focusing on how women are mostly depicted as sex objects.

Although many fans have been waiting for the latest addition to the Grand Theft Auto series, Rockstar Games has been busy with the ever growing and highly popular GTA Online. The game developer also recently remastered the GTA trilogy, which failed to meet fans expectations. The underwhelming launch of Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition was wrought with technical difficulties, leading Rockstar Games to issue an apology after its rocky launch.

First released in 1997 by the same developer Rockstar Games, the Grand Theft Auto video game series takes place in an open-world environment where players can engage in several criminal activities such as stealing cars, assassinations or mass murder without real world consequences. The Grand Theft Auto games rely on mission completions and side quests to progress the plot, with each new game starting with a new protagonist involved in the criminal world who must rise through the ranks and take down those standing in their way. The settings of each new release may be fictional, but they are based in-part on real world locations such as Liberty City which is based on New York City or San Andreas based on San Francisco.

Last edited by WyldeMan on 12/8/2023, 11:38 pm; edited 2 times in total

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Grand Theft Auto 6 (Watch the Trailer Now) Empty Re: Grand Theft Auto 6 (Watch the Trailer Now)

Post by joey con carne 7/28/2022, 6:06 am

Looking forward to GTA6. GTA5 is insane. The depth of the game is crazy. I don't even play the main story. I just drive around as Franklin looking for trouble and smashing shit with my car.

I hope GTA6 is even bigger! But it will probably be held back in potential if it is also released on PS4. I want to play some GTA5 now.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Grand Theft Auto 6 (Watch the Trailer Now) Empty Re: Grand Theft Auto 6 (Watch the Trailer Now)

Post by WyldeMan 7/28/2022, 7:03 am

joey con carne wrote:Looking forward to GTA6. GTA5 is insane. The depth of the game is crazy. I don't even play the main story. I just drive around as Franklin looking for trouble and smashing shit with my car.

I hope GTA6 is even bigger! But it will probably be held back in potential if it is also released on PS4. I want to play some GTA5 now.

Trevor's my dude, especially for just cruising around and killing cause he can always start shit with anybody. Franklin is too laid back for a G but Mike is a Cuck and I can't respect that.

The interwebs are blowing up over angry gamer dudes screaming about having to play as a girl in a game that won't likely be out for another five more years and given GTA5's three character option, who's to say that she'll be the only character choice anyways? Me, I just think it'd be an interesting change of pace to play as a chola.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/8/2023, 9:29 am

‘Grand Theft Auto 6’ Confirmed; Rockstar Games Sets First Trailer For December
Grand Theft Auto 6 (Watch the Trailer Now) Grand-11
Rockstar Games has confirmed a sixth installment in its bestselling Grand Theft Auto franchise is on the way, and the first trailer for the video game will be released in December.

“We are very excited to let you know that in early December, we will release the first trailer for the next Grand Theft Auto. We look forward to many more years of sharing these experiences with all of you,” the company said in a statement on Elon Musk’s X, formerly known as Twitter.

The statement was signed by Rockstar President Sam Houser and published on X as part of a lengthy message chain, during which Houser informed fans that December also marked the company’s 25th anniversary.

“In 1998, Rockstar Games was founded on the idea that video games could come to be as essential to culture as any other form of entertainment, and we hope that we have created games you love in our efforts to be part of that evolution,” one of the messages said. “Thanks to the incredible support of our players worldwide, we have had the opportunity to create games we are truly passionate about.”

Rumors had been circulating online during the past week that Rockstar would make a GTA 6 announcement imminently, following a report in Bloomberg that cited sources close to the company. The company confirmed in In February 2022 that it was working on the latest installment.

“With every new project we embark on, our goal is always to significantly move beyond what we have previously delivered — and we are pleased to confirm that active development for the next entry in the Grand Theft Auto series is well underway,” Rockstar said at the time.

The most recent edition of the series, Grand Theft Auto 5, was released in 2013 and became the world’s fastest-selling game, taking $800 million in just 24 hours.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 11/8/2023, 7:42 pm

About damn time! It's definitely going to pass $800 million. This is the one game that makes men call off work. The game that makes wives hate their husbands. lol It's going to be huge! Looking forward to the trailer.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/8/2023, 7:53 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:About damn time! It's definitely going to pass $800 million. This is the one game that makes men call off work. The game that makes wives hate their husbands. lol It's going to be huge! Looking forward to the trailer.

This is the one game you buy an entire gaming console for.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 11/9/2023, 9:56 pm

WyldeMan wrote:This is the one game you buy an entire gaming console for.

Funny you should say that because I bought my PS4 with the GTA 5 bundle when it came out. lol I'm sure they'll do a GTA 6 bundle if this is coming out next year.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 12/4/2023, 6:12 pm

And here it is:

UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/7/2023, 11:09 am

Holy shit! A Return to Vice City, I haven't been back in twenty years!!!! And it looks incredible!

I'm going to feed so many people to so many gators!

I'm going full FLORIDA MAN!!!! It's time to literally murder Cancel Culture! Razz Razz Razz Razz

But 2025? Daaaamn man, I thought for sure this HAD to be coming Summer 2024....

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 12/8/2023, 4:54 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Holy shit! A Return to Vice City, I haven't been back in twenty years!!!! And it looks incredible!

I'm going to feed so many people to so many gators!

I'm going full FLORIDA MAN!!!! It's time to literally murder Cancel Culture! Razz Razz Razz Razz

But 2025? Daaaamn man, I thought for sure this HAD to be coming Summer 2024....

Yeah, I thought it was coming next year too. After all these years, I assumed they were mostly done working on it.

Looks like 2 playable characters but I could be wrong. I'm sure the map is going to be huge.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/8/2023, 11:33 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Yeah, I thought it was coming next year too. After all these years, I assumed they were mostly done working on it.

Looks like 2 playable characters but I could be wrong. I'm sure the map is going to be huge.

Only 13 years between games and I played online for the first six months of GTA V and skipped the last ten years or so. 

I was pretty surprised to see the streaming social media addition to the game screen however that does make sense because in the past you could only hear what the crazy citizens were saying on the radio call ins and there is so much going on. 

I wonder if this means every fucker on the streets that pulls out a phone will also be live streaming all of your crimes and can likely instantly snitch to the cops? That would be a legit game changer. But who knows maybe that's been going on with the online platform for years but as a I mentioned it's been a decade for me and I know nothing.

Does anybody know of any big changes they added to the online portion of GTA V that you think will likely be included in the main game this time around?

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 12/9/2023, 1:16 am

I didn't realise this was in the Gaming forum. I thought it was a fucking movie LOL.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 12/9/2023, 11:05 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Only 13 years between games and I played online for the first six months of GTA V and skipped the last ten years or so. 

I was pretty surprised to see the streaming social media addition to the game screen however that does make sense because in the past you could only hear what the crazy citizens were saying on the radio call ins and there is so much going on. 

I wonder if this means every fucker on the streets that pulls out a phone will also be live streaming all of your crimes and can likely instantly snitch to the cops? That would be a legit game changer. But who knows maybe that's been going on with the online platform for years but as a I mentioned it's been a decade for me and I know nothing.

Does anybody know of any big changes they added to the online portion of GTA V that you think will likely be included in the main game this time around?

I haven't played GTA Online in years either. Live streaming is not available and I think this is only for the sake of the trailer but we'll see.

Rusty wrote:I didn't realise this was in the Gaming forum. I thought it was a fucking movie LOL.

Laughing Maybe you're thinking of the Gran Turismo movie?
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down