BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Xbox One Thread

5 posters

Go down

Xbox One Thread Empty Xbox One Thread

Post by detective392 12/21/2014, 10:03 am

Anyone else have an X1? Been enjoying the hell out of MCC and hoping to get Sunset Overdrive for Christmas. Huge Fable fan so I can't wait to get Fable Legends next year. Still wish it was Fable 4 though. I love the monthly updates MS gives to the console and really wish Sony would do that. They seem to love to wait and throw a lot at us at once and than things always go wrong.
detective392
detective392

Back to top Go down

Xbox One Thread Empty Re: Xbox One Thread

Post by detective392 12/19/2015, 10:48 am

So anyone else end up picking up an X1? Halo 5 and Tomb Raider were awesome games and I am really liking the new dashboard. Can't wait for Quantum Break next year.
detective392
detective392

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 12/20/2015, 11:53 am

No. I'm a Playstation guy, always have been.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by detective392 12/20/2015, 12:43 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:No. I'm a Playstation guy, always have been.
I was going to just stick with the PS4 but I really like the X1 exclusives so I decided to get one. Fable, Halo, TR (timed), Gears, Quantum Break so many good games.

I usually end up getting all systems anyway for exclusives so it wasn't to much of a surprise when I decided I really wanted an X1. Looking forward to the Nintendo NX next.
detective392
detective392

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 2/23/2016, 1:34 pm

Xbox One Thread Xbox-live-down-offline-attacks-new-world-hackers-network-issues-microsoft

Global outages to Xbox Live, Microsoft’s online gaming network for its Xbox console, have been caused by hackers who claim to be able to knock it “off the face of the earth.”

The group responsible, known as New World Hackers, has previously carried out attacks on Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump, as well as websites associated with the Islamic State militant group (ISIS). New World Hackers says the latest campaign is a form of protest against major corporations not having adequate security protection.

“Well, didn’t even take as long as I thought,” a member of New World Hackers tells Newsweek. “We attacked Xbox to protest. Major companies like this have massive servers but no real protection. We want Xbox to update the protection they have, which isn’t much.”

Xbox One Thread Tweet10

The group says it is also carrying out the attacks as a demonstration of its power. New World Hackers has previously been credited with the largest distributed denial of service (DDoS) attack ever carried out, resulting in all of the BBC’s websites being taken offline for several hours in December 2015.

These claims have since been questioned, with security writer Zack Whittaker calling it “nothing more than a publicity stunt from a faceless group.” New World Hackers has dismissed the idea that it was simply for the sake of attention seeking, instead stating that the BBC attack was a test of its capabilities.

“[The Xbox attacks] also prove we do have as much power as we say we do, going out to the doubters,” the New World Hackers member says. “[We could] honestly knock Xbox off the face of the Earth.”

New World Hackers also claimed responsibility for attacks on the Xbox Live network in January, resulting in thousands of users taking to social media to complain of connection problems.

Perhaps the most high profile of those affected was the rapper Snoop Dogg, who took to Instagram to berate Microsoft founder Bill Gates. He said: “What the fuck is you doing Bill Gates? Fix yo shit man.”

Following the most recent attacks, Microsoft said in a statement: “We’re aware of the issue and our team is working hard to fix things as quickly as possible.”
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/23/2016, 2:18 pm

If the XBox network went down forever, there would be mass suicides and murder everywhere. I say let it be done, we could use a good genocide with everybody living so long these days. "Xbox Dying Saves the World" Read all about it! Razz

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 2/23/2016, 3:12 pm

WyldeMan wrote:If the XBox network went down forever, there would be mass suicides and murder everywhere. I say let it be done, we could use a good genocide with everybody living so long these days. "Xbox Dying Saves the World" Read all about it! Razz
That's how The Purge will start
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 2/23/2016, 6:36 pm

Xbox owners must feel pretty pissed right about now. I wonder how long it will stay down.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/23/2016, 6:57 pm

Tyger wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:If the XBox network went down forever, there would be mass suicides and murder everywhere. I say let it be done, we could use a good genocide with everybody living so long these days. "Xbox Dying Saves the World" Read all about it! Razz
That's how The Purge will start

This is the way the world ends, not with a bang, or a whimper but with a hacked network.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by detective392 3/2/2016, 8:16 pm

Didn't even notice it went down. I don't play online but all my other online features and everything were working fine and I didn't see/read anything about this on Gaf.
detective392
detective392

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 3/6/2016, 8:13 pm

Protesting bad security? Wow. If they really are as good as they say, they should so something useful with their skills. Protesting bad security by taking down Xbox Live is just laughable.

That being said, it's always fun to watch turbonerds getting pissed off about not being able to play online.

Hey, detective, I notice you have Snoopy in your gamercard. How is that game? It looks so fun but I don't have a PS4.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 3/7/2016, 9:31 am

Xbox Live was down again on Saturday too. There's got to be a way to stop DDoS attacks from coming through.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by detective392 3/13/2016, 8:13 pm

joey con carne wrote:Protesting bad security? Wow. If they really are as good as they say, they should so something useful with their skills. Protesting bad security by taking down Xbox Live is just laughable.

That being said, it's always fun to watch turbonerds getting pissed off about not being able to play online.

Hey, detective, I notice you have Snoopy in your gamercard. How is that game? It looks so fun but I don't have a PS4.
Snoopy is a very fun game. The graphics are very nice and smooth and IMO this was not a cash grab. Gameplay is very fun and like old platformers, graphics and level details are really amazing. It's still a kids game so it's easy as hell but still very fun.

It's for X1,PS4 and Wii U.
detective392
detective392

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 6/11/2019, 8:44 pm

Microsoft announced a new console called Project Scarlett at E3. It'll be able to handle 8K and will be using AMD's Ryzen chip and include an SSD. Sounds like a powerful console but I'm more interested in seeing what Playstation comes up with. Microsoft is ahead with console but they have no games. They had a very boring conference.

UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/13/2020, 8:56 am

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 12/13/2020, 9:44 am

You bumped this trash for Vin Diesel?
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/13/2020, 2:21 pm

Tyger wrote:You bumped this trash for Vin Diesel?

This game looks so terrible and has Vin Diesel fighting dinosaurs, I was pretty sure Abe was anxiously awaiting the trailer.

Also, nobody here likes XBOX do they?
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 12/13/2020, 2:44 pm

Nope
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 12/13/2020, 3:41 pm

I like Xbox. My best RPG games are on Xbox. Eternal Sonata, Resonance of Fate, Tales of Vesperia. Great games.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/13/2020, 3:44 pm

joey con carne wrote:I like Xbox. My best RPG games are on Xbox. Eternal Sonata, Resonance of Fate, Tales of Vesperia. Great games.

I've never heard of any of them but that's probably because I don't know anything about Xbox. Their clunky oversized controllers and I came to an agreement some 20 years ago that I would never use them and that's been that.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 12/14/2020, 6:16 pm

WyldeMan wrote:This game looks so terrible and has Vin Diesel fighting dinosaurs, I was pretty sure Abe was anxiously awaiting the trailer.

Also, nobody here likes XBOX do they?

You are mistaken, sir!

Never owned an XBOX and I don't think anyone here does either.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down